Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: UNFINISHED BUSINESS

Comments

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Because Vul, what you're saying is player Blue suspects Yellow, but halfway through the game realizes it was Purple all along. But Blue knows Green has been set on Purple since day 1. So it makes more sense for Blue to stay on Yellow in the HOPES that Green is wrong, since he can't beat him.

I was actually thinking of a smaller gap. Like, Green picks Purple from quiz 1 onward and Blue suspects Red at first, with Purple as a second suspect, Red then does something a Mole would never do and so Blue does suspect Purple so from quiz 2 onward too.

In this case Blue deserves a fair chance to be able to beat Green in the finale.

What if the quiz can be programmed to be a flash game that records the time taken on the quiz? That'd be the most ideal situation me thinks. Plus, like the life quiz of the S4 finale, having taken notes can help speed through the quiz a lot, instead of having to look up everything again.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Yeah, that's true. Take last year's WIDM for example:
    Olcay was onto Ruben for a while near the end. But she made it to that point probably because nobody else thought Jan was the Mole, except maybe Ruben. So she was just less wrong in the quizzes
    Random thought: what if Ruben thought it was Simone and got executed at the final 4? Imagine the chaos that would've caused XD
    Banner.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Olcay was onto Ruben for a while near the end. But she made it to that point probably because nobody else thought Jan was the Mole, except maybe Ruben. So she was just less wrong in the quizzes
    Random thought: what if Ruben thought it was Simone and got executed at the final 4? Imagine the chaos that would've caused XD
    That would make Jan the least suspected Mole in recent WIDM history, I presume :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    That would make Jan the least suspected Mole in recent WIDM history, I presume :D
    Emphasis on recent. Haylo and Shadami know what I mean... ;)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Emphasis on recent. Haylo and Shadami know what I mean... ;)

🤔🤔🤔
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    Are you talking the season that just ended, or last season?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Because Vul, what you're saying is player Blue suspects Yellow, but halfway through the game realizes it was Purple all along. But Blue knows Green has been set on Purple since day 1. So it makes more sense for Blue to stay on Yellow in the HOPES that Green is wrong, since he can't beat him.

I was actually thinking of a smaller gap. Like, Green picks Purple from quiz 1 onward and Blue suspects Red at first, with Purple as a second suspect, Red then does something a Mole would never do and so Blue does suspect Purple so from quiz 2 onward too.

In this case Blue deserves a fair chance to be able to beat Green in the finale.

What if the quiz can be programmed to be a flash game that records the time taken on the quiz? That'd be the most ideal situation me thinks. Plus, like the life quiz of the S4 finale, having taken notes can help speed through the quiz a lot, instead of having to look up everything again.

Ah, I see. In that case, yeah, the gap is smaller so I agree.

And yes that would be ideal but pretty difficult to do online. I guess I could set up a quiz and have it timed (like an online school quiz), but then I'd be worried allies will leak the questions, and someone might cheat by taking the quiz multiple times.
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »
    Are you talking the season that just ended, or last season?

Last season

• Options
    WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Tunnel vision is only wrong if you are wrong.

But if it's the elimination time and you are still there why must you change?

Very true! I was going to make that point too.

That second statement is somewhat problematic, though. That's what makes this game so difficult. :p Do you stick to your guns, or take the leap? One of life's most common basic dilemmas.
    So yeah, early on in the game, tunnel vision is and SHOULD be less common than later on in the game, because the longer you stay in, the more likely you are to have been right. But every season, again and again, you see someone make top 6, top 5, top 4 even, and had the wrong Mole that they fixated on.
    Hell, Evarrine's creator S2 or S3 picked the wrong Mole during the Finale! So sometimes tunnel vision can bring you all the way to the end, but you were wrong the entire time and just got lucky. :p

How far did Maya make it? I know it was past the halfway point. Granted I scooted by on exemptions and the body guard.
    My point being I definitely had the wrong mole for a long time... considering I was allied with one of them LOL
  • Options
    The mission will start after we finish the tournament. :)

And if you have yet to send me answers to the new secret questions, don't forget to!

Dangggg I forgot. Remind me tomorrow >_< I just got three times busier than I already was because the male lead of our play dropped out, and now I have the part. (Ima be a dude.) Thing is, opening night is in two and a half weeks so I have to cram a bunch of lines in any of my free time in the coming days.

I'll post it on the front page at some point. :)

And... wow. That's intense. I could NEVER act in a play. Both the stage fright and memorizing lines? No thank you. Being the LEAD?!?! DEFINITELY NO THANK YOU. So kudos to you. And is the role pretty gender neutral? As in, not too much of a stretch of the audience's imagination for the gender to switch?

I forgot again, but now I'm reminded and I'll do it right now.
    I used to be like that. I was super afraid of being noticed or speaking or anything. I was the ultimate wall flower, but then I got involved in this program at my school called Odyssey of the Mind. I've loved acting ever since.
    The role is not gender neutral lol The play is The Burial at Thebes which is an adaptation of Antigone, and I'm playing King Creon. They're thinking of giving me a bald cap and a wig... it'll be interesting.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I think you were just behind Choco and Tiger. You and Choco did pretty great for first time players (of course nobody has beaten Lo, who won her first season and of course, the winner of S1 :D )

• Options
    I think you were just behind Choco and Tiger. You and Choco did pretty great for first time players (of course nobody has beaten Lo, who won her first season)

I'm convinced Lo is a robot. Same with Alleen. They're oddly telepathic lol
  • Options
    I think you were just behind Choco and Tiger. You and Choco did pretty great for first time players (of course nobody has beaten Lo, who won her first season)

I'm convinced Lo is a robot. Same with Alleen. They're oddly telepathic lol

Hmm.... 🤔

Lo, if you're not a robot, beep twice

• Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member

And if you have yet to send me answers to the new secret questions, don't forget to!

Dangggg I forgot. Remind me tomorrow >_< I just got three times busier than I already was because the male lead of our play dropped out, and now I have the part. (Ima be a dude.) Thing is, opening night is in two and a half weeks so I have to cram a bunch of lines in any of my free time in the coming days.

That sounds great! That's the good thing about acting, No role is irreplaceable and when plays gender-swap roles it creates so many more opportunities for actors to play parts they wouldn't normally get the chance to. (I went to see an all-female version of Macbeth recently in the West End, It was fab!)

Two and a half weeks is a bit of a challenge I will admit, the main thing with learning lines in a short amount of time is not to panic, I find from experience that when you panic you tend to forget what you've learned quicker. :D

When I learn lines I try not to spend too long reading and prefer to get it up on its feet and act it out (I'm a tad dyslexic so large chunks of words often go right over my head, I learn it quicker from saying the lines over and over)
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    twiddle3 wrote: »

That sounds great! That's the good thing about acting, No role is irreplaceable and when plays gender-swap roles it creates so many more opportunities for actors to play parts they wouldn't normally get the chance to. (I went to see an all-female version of Macbeth recently in the West End, It was fab!)

Two and a half weeks is a bit of a challenge I will admit, the main thing with learning lines in a short amount of time is not to panic, I find from experience that when you panic you tend to forget what you've learned quicker. :D

When I learn lines I try not to spend too long reading and prefer to get it up on its feet and act it out (I'm a tad dyslexic so large chunks of words often go right over my head, I learn it quicker from saying the lines over and over)

I'm actually also in Macbeth right now lol that's the other show. I'm one of the witches. That sounds amazing! Also kind of funny since Shakespeare used to be exclusively male actors.
    It's always interesting to me how people prefer to learn lines. What I've been doing is taking it paragraph by paragraph(dude has a lot of monologues) and then I type them out over and over to see if I can remember them(Since I live in a dorm and don't want to bother people with recitations.)
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    edited March 2019

I'm actually also in Macbeth right now lol that's the other show. I'm one of the witches. That sounds amazing! Also kind of funny since Shakespeare used to be exclusively male actors.
    It's always interesting to me how people prefer to learn lines. What I've been doing is taking it paragraph by paragraph(dude has a lot of monologues) and then I type them out over and over to see if I can remember them(Since I live in a dorm and don't want to bother people with recitations.)

Ah, The wayward sisters! They are an awesome role to play in Macbeth! :)

I did do a lot of Shakespeare when I was in High School but not so much now, I don't mind Shakespeare but some of it is pretty heavy stuff and admittedly I'm not very good at more serious roles, I tend to lean to the more comedic just because that's what I'm comfortable with.

Yeah, Monologues are a pain sometimes, Mainly because there are often no cue lines from other actors to help you remember certain lines, That's where I struggle. :s

It's a lot like the role I'm playing at the moment, I play a guy called Dr Gorham in a Radio Play/Drama series who has tons of monologues and weird 5-minute rants about psychology. (Something I know very little about) :D

It's a long story but it's like a soap opera about a Hospital in the early 1960s. It's really fun and it's not much hard work because we have scripts with us when we read the lines, best part about Radio drama.

Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options

Ah, The wayward sisters! They are an awesome role to play in Macbeth! :)

I did do a lot of Shakespeare when I was in High School but not so much now, I don't mind Shakespeare but some of it is pretty heavy stuff and admittedly I'm not very good at more serious roles, I tend to lean to the more comedic just because that's what I'm comfortable with.

Yeah, Monologues are a pain sometimes, Mainly because there are often no cue lines from other actors to help you remember certain lines, That's where I struggle. :s

It's a lot like the role I'm playing at the moment, I play a guy called Dr Gorham in a Radio Play/Drama series who has tons of monologues and weird 5-minute rants about psychology. (Something I know very little about) :D

It's a long story but it's like a soap opera about a Hospital in the early 1960s. It's really fun and it's not much hard work because we have scripts with us when we read the lines, best part about Radio drama.

It's a lot of fun! We aren't playing them creepy, though. It's a modern take so we're more like catty reporters, and Macbeth is our play thing.
    That's why I break them up into paragraphs :D so that each paragraph is a cue for the next if that makes any sense lol My first monologue is 2 1/2 pages. If I didn't break that up in my head there was no way I would have been able to memorize it lol.

That sounds like so much fun! Radio plays always sound so cool. Podcast type things. I also love psychology so that sounds like it'd be a lot of fun to listen to.
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    edited March 2019
    nvm.....
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    This last episode was amazing @Turner I loved all of it! I laughed and laughed at a few different parts. Tamela and Kaitlin.....oi. Hopefully, they can talk it out. Those two are messy women. lol
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    edited March 2019
    Haylo VS Lo... the battle to become the ultimate “Lo” just ended XD The Dice edition at least XD
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    This last episode was amazing @Turner I loved all of it! I laughed and laughed at a few different parts. Tamela and Kaitlin.....oi. Hopefully, they can talk it out. Those two are messy women. lol

Thanks, Lo! Hahaha messy women indeed XD Messy pasts, anyway
    Post edited by Turner on
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    Haylo VS Lo... the battle to become the ultimate “Lo” just ended XD The Dice edition at least XD

Oof. Wasn't expecting that outcome XD

THE FINAL ROUND OF THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE PLAYED ON THE THREAD FOR ALL TO SEE
    (and will also act as a demonstration for those who still don't get it :p )
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    FINAL ROUND: ICE VS LO

3 dice each

Either player can start us off :)
  • Options
    One 2

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Anyone playing Apex Legends? :p I'm trying to get into video games again.