Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please EA: Fix our Vampires!! UPDATED NOVEMBER 2019

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    The patch notes claim that vampires won’t keep old weaknesses... But has the bug where ex-vampires keep their vampire weaknesses also been solved?
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I just cured one of mine that had the withered stomach weakness. As a human he can now eat food without it making him sick.
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    I just cured one of mine that had the withered stomach weakness. As a human he can now eat food without it making him sick.
    Yesss!
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I waited for this one for months, but I still need to test it:

UPDATE: Patch September 5th:

Vampires
    Fixed an issue where Vampires were exhibiting their old weaknesses even though they were not applied.

They are some variants affected by this bug:

-A vampire that was cure keeping their weaknesses.
    -A vampire reseting their power accumulating their weaknesses.
    -Old saves
    -New saves
    -Old Vampires
    -New vampires

If you have already tested some of this, please leave a comment!

• Options

Hi @CelSims your vampire was and old one or a new one?
  • Options

Hi @kusurusu I hope someone can test GF, I do not have this EP. Usually not all fixes are listed at the news. Maybe it was fixed?
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @emere My vamp was an old one that has been vamp for a long time through a few saves.
  • Options

Awesome @CelSims thanks for the info. I tested an old vampire, at an old save: So both, no vamps and vamps do not keep their weakenesses! I hope we can get some info about new saves, but usually the work better than the old ones B)

Me and my vampires are so happy lol

SSd8TDS.png
  • Options
    Grandma_EffieGrandma_Effie Posts: 1 New Member
    I have to report that the aspiration bugs are still there. My vamp is well over 20 days of 'undeath' and the counter simply won't update.
    Dark meditation seems to be working again, as well as deprive needs from other sims.

I have to confess that the constant fail at fixing something for almost an year (my problems started in November 2018) has led me to almost abandoned the Sims. The joy i once had playing the game is completely gone. All i feel these days is dread and frustration.
    To be honest i don't believe this will ever be fixed, and so, AE can keep their bugs and I'll keep my money- cause one thing is for certain, I won't give a cent more to this game. Other people should do the same.
  • Options
    Vampires with the Eternal Sadness weakness still use animations for the Insatiable Thirst weakness. This error has been the pack for the entire year so far and it winds me up terribly.

Vampires don't always transform into their dark forms to drink if they're outside of a lot.

Any vampire can still use Influence Emotions regardless of if they've unlocked the power or not.

I understand that the recent patched fixed weaknesses still functioning even after they'd been removed/the vampire had been cured, but this problem expands to traits for any Sim too. So for instance let's say you have a Sim with the Creative trait and you later change that for something else. The Sim will still get the tense moodlet if they've not done anything creative for a while, even though they no longer have the trait.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
    I hope I'm not necroposting, I just noticed this a few minutes ago. I'm playing Caleb and I cured him if his vampirism a couple days ago (boy I miss his vampiric speed). Now he's in Selvadorada but got nauseous from eating the vendor's food. When I opened his moodlet bar up to check, I realized that his dampened emotions were also still active. Shame it wasn't the speed he kept but 2 negative traits. Is this being looked into yet? I'm still hoping the alien/Vampire hybrids get their wardrobe sorted, too. I can only imagine how confused the program would get with toddlers who should actually have 3 forms to dress. 😝
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    TygerNight wrote: »
    I hope I'm not necroposting, I just noticed this a few minutes ago. I'm playing Caleb and I cured him if his vampirism a couple days ago (boy I miss his vampiric speed). Now he's in Selvadorada but got nauseous from eating the vendor's food. When I opened his moodlet bar up to check, I realized that his dampened emotions were also still active. Shame it wasn't the speed he kept but 2 negative traits. Is this being looked into yet? I'm still hoping the alien/Vampire hybrids get their wardrobe sorted, too. I can only imagine how confused the program would get with toddlers who should actually have 3 forms to dress. 😝
    @TygerNight they said they’d fixed the issue of vampires retaining weaknesses which had been removed, which I thought meant that former vampires would no longer retain weaknesses either. I guess that’s not the case if Caleb kept those weaknesses after being cured. How disappointing.

Since the issue with the draught of reconfiguration is supposedly now fixed, you could try turning him back into a vampire, giving him the draught of reconfiguration to reset all of him powers and weaknesses and then cure him of vampirism again.

If that doesn’t work, there is a mod which gets rid of Past vampire powers and weaknesses. It should be linked in this thread somewhere.
    ETA: here it is https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/home/leaving?target=http://modthesims.info/d/629124/vampire-s-power-amp-weakness-bug-fixes.html

As for the vampire/alien hybrids, they are never going to fix glitches which pertain to hybrids since hybrids themselves are a glitch and aren’t meant to occur. The only thing they might do is fix the bug which allows hybrids to occasionally be born.
  • Options
    Thanks Maggie, I'll try that as soon as they get home from vacation! 😁

As for hybrids, he has 4 sets of twins and every last one grew up with vampiric and alien powers. Not so occasional for him. He seems predisposed to twins as well. LOL Now if only he'd cough up triplets I could get the trophy... 😝
  • Options
    I have a new problem with Caleb... I haven't yet re-vampired then cured him but I was trying for triplets with his totally human wife. She just gave birth to twins (of course she did) and both boys got little vampire bats to announce their presence(s).

I'm really tired of Vampire kids. The constant hissing when they become children (that's just endemic to them apparently) has worn exceedingly thin. If I could give them their Vampire teeth I might put up with it but I can't even seem to do that. 😣

Is there just something about Caleb that you can't remove his vampirism fully, like Father Winter's beard that won't go away? 😟
  • Options
    I have a new problem with Caleb... I haven't yet re-vampired then cured him but I was trying for triplets with his totally human wife. She just gave birth to twins (of course she did) and both boys got little vampire bats to announce their presence(s).

I'm really tired of Vampire kids. The constant hissing when they become children (that's just endemic to them apparently) has worn exceedingly thin. If I could give them their Vampire teeth I might put up with it but I can't even seem to do that. 😣

Is there just something about Caleb that you can't remove his vampirism fully, like Father Winter's beard that won't go away? 😟
    @TygerNight there is a glitch where sometimes a baby gets the little purple bat over it when it is born although it doesn’t grow up to be a vampire. It’s happened to me a number of times when two non-vampire sims have a non-vampire baby together. It confused me the first time but then I aged up the baby and saw it wasn’t a vampire.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Ok I just did the re-vampirization, the draught of reconfiguration AND the ultimate Vampire cure.

He still has the vampiric Dampened Emotions active. I fear to contemplate what else he's still hanging onto.

The DE doesn't really bother me because I have 7 emotion trees that easily override it but I really, REALLY don't want to deal with his withered stomach or Vampire kids. Sadly I'm going to shelve this save until the vampire powers and weaknesses are fully removed from a cured Vampire. It sucks cuz I really love playing Caleb... 😞
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Ok I just did the re-vampirization, the draught of reconfiguration AND the ultimate Vampire cure.

He still has the vampiric Dampened Emotions active. I fear to contemplate what else he's still hanging onto.

The DE doesn't really bother me because I have 7 emotion trees that easily override it but I really, REALLY don't want to deal with his withered stomach or Vampire kids. Sadly I'm going to shelve this save until the vampire powers and weaknesses are fully removed from a cured Vampire. It plum cuz I really love playing Caleb... 😞
    This should be reported if it’s still occurring.
    @SimGuruNick
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member

The DE doesn't really bother me because I have 7 emotion trees that easily override it but I really, REALLY don't want to deal with his withered stomach or Vampire kids. Sadly I'm going to shelve this save until the vampire powers and weaknesses are fully removed from a cured Vampire. It plum cuz I really love playing Caleb... 😞

Do his Dampened Emotions disappear when drinking the cure just to come back later or do they stay the whole time? Also, are you playing on console? According to recent pc patch notes old weaknesses are now fixed and powers are removed the same way (via bucks.lock_all_perks_for_bucks_type).
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    edited September 2019

@TygerNight if you’re not adverse to mods, this mod will solve the issue for you (it stops Past vampire powers and weaknesses from being active, including dampened emotions and withered stomach): https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/home/leaving?target=http://modthesims.info/d/629124/vampire-s-power-amp-weakness-bug-fixes.html

Also the kids probably aren’t vampires as I said here:

@TygerNight there is a glitch where sometimes a baby gets the little purple bat over it when it is born although it doesn’t grow up to be a vampire. It’s happened to me a number of times when two non-vampire sims have a non-vampire baby together. It confused me the first time but then I aged up the baby and saw it wasn’t a vampire.

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    I remember in earlier Sims games the Vamps that came with the game when it was made were not ever completely curable. Like the Counts and the Countessa's. Perhaps that is an issue here with Villiad and Caleb and his sister. The original vamps were always different than all the rest.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    @MaggieMarley I play on a PS4 so I don't think I can use mods. If I can and it negates my ability to earn trophies then I wouldn't do it anyway.
    I might go back to that save and find out if they are indeed Vampires or not. If not then it's all good. 😊

@Writin_Reg That might be, I'm a late bloomer this go 'round. I only got my PS4 in May so I'm learning as I go. Like we do with all the Sims games. Since I've got 19 of the 27 expansion/game/stuff packs released to the PS4, that's a lot of getting up to speed. 😊
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    @MaggieMarley I play on a PS4 so I don't think I can use mods. If I can and it negates my ability to earn trophies then I wouldn't do it anyway.
    I might go back to that save and find out if they are indeed Vampires or not. If not then it's all good. 😊

@Writin_Reg That might be, I'm a late bloomer this go 'round. I only got my PS4 in May so I'm learning as I go. Like we do with all the Sims games. Since I've got 19 of the 27 expansion/game/stuff packs released to the PS4, that's a lot of getting up to speed. 😊

The Vamps from Sims 2 pc - the 2 counts and the two Contessa's were the ones we could not do anything to - I do not know if that also went for the consoles though as i never play the console versions. In fact messing with Sims 2 Counts and countessa's were even said to break the game itself. It was like messing with Mrs. Crumplebottom.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    @TygerNight Oh you’re on the PS4. I could be wrong but I believe they the issue with sims retaining past vampire weaknesses after those weaknesses have been removed or they have been cured of vampirism has only been fixed on PC. Since console doesn’t have mods you’ll have to sit tight until they fix this bug for console. Hope the kids turn out human.
  • Options
    Thanks to both of you for helping me to understand things. I'm dying for the new stair building to hit the PS4 so I'm used to waiting for the consoles to catch up. 🤗
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I wish they would also fix so when you click on the drink button in the Needs page, they can use ALL available plasma sources to satisfy their needs rather than ONLY the plasma pack you can buy from the computer.

It needs to cover plasma fruit, plasma salads and drinks, plasma packs from fish and plasma packs from frogs too.
    You're Breathtaking!