Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please EA: Fix our Vampires!! UPDATED NOVEMBER 2019

Comments

• Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I thought that too. I haven't tried yet but I do have a GM vampire who flies everywhere as a bat so I'll see if she passes it down to her kids. I'm not sure if her vampire partner has it, if he doesn't, I'll add fly as bat to him too and have them TFB as bats. I really want to make this happen. :D
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    influence emotions and dark meditation are both broken… sigh...guess EA can just NEVER create even a new shirt for the game without introducing all kinds of new faillures and glitches as well -.- patches break more than they freaking fix >.< and ionfluence emotions was such a handy power to cull the random generated hordes efficiently :P well darn...guess i have to find other ways to kill them :(

There is a mod to fix it... I can post the link once I get on my PC.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Busufu wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm so glad dark meditation is working again :) .
    But powers ans weekneses are still a mess :(.
    LOL, but my toddlervampires can actually fly as bats, that looks so creepy :D

@emere , thanks for your reply and for trying. Yes I tried on diffrent lots. My Vampires can't even use the towles. Yes I know sunbathing is not possible for Vamps, I am talking about taeking a nap and relax.

Wait...what? Is this a glitch? Because I want the heck out of that glitch! I have some creepy toddler vampires who should have this.

Well, must be a glitch :D

unbenannt1ibjhk.png

18.07.19_16-28-06mkkha.png

18.07.19_16-27-44n6k2l.png

18.07.19_16-28-53ofjmo.png

"What the hell just happened?!" :o

also my Kid can fly as bat:

18.07.19_16-31-4520k6r.png

18.07.19_16-32-13i8kvq.png

:D

That's so creepy ahahaha Look at the legs! :lol:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member

@emere , thanks for your reply and for trying. Yes I tried on diffrent lots. My Vampires can't even use the towles. Yes I know sunbathing is not possible for Vamps, I am talking about taeking a nap and relax.

Wait...what? Is this a glitch? Because I want the heck out of that glitch! I have some creepy toddler vampires who should have this.

unbenannt1ibjhk.png

*gasp* EA please DON'T fix this! I want!!!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Still no back float for vampires :cry:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

unbenannt1ibjhk.png

Yeah but taking a nap in the sun on a beach sounds like nothing a Vampire would ever choose to do as the sun is their enemy. Floating in water and Vamps also don't go together as Vamps do not have a beating heart to supply their body with oxygen and by rights should sink like a rock in water as they are not buoyant. So logically speaking a Vamp should not be able to float period.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

unbenannt1ibjhk.png

Yeah but taking a nap in the sun on a beach sounds like nothing a Vampire would ever choose to do as the sun is their enemy. Floating in water and Vamps also don't go together as Vamps do not have a beating heart to supply their body with oxygen and by rights should sink like a rock in water as they are not buoyant. So logically speaking a Vamp should not be able to float period.
    I guess it depends how stereotypically vampirey your vampires are! Sometimes I quite like to play vampires who miss being human and like doing quite human activities.

The floating thing is interesting - I had no idea about all that! Thank you for educating me :) Still, TS4 vampires must somehow be buoyant since they can swim (maybe the oxygen from the blood plasma of their prey helps?). Since they can float well enough to swim, it would make sense for them to be able to back float... Unless EA is gonna stop them being able to swim too (please no EA!)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

unbenannt1ibjhk.png

I guess it depends how stereotypically vampirey your vampires are! Sometimes I quite like to play vampires who miss being human and like doing quite human activities.

The floating thing is interesting - I had no idea about all that! Thank you for educating me :) Still, TS4 vampires must somehow be buoyant since they can swim (maybe the oxygen from the blood plasma of their prey helps?). Since they can float well enough to swim, it would make sense for them to be able to back float... Unless EA is gonna stop them being able to swim too (please no EA!)

It's not the fact that your blood cells carry O2 that makes you float on water. Like...if they carried H would I float on air? lol

It's that there's air in your lungs that helps you float. Fat is also a factor that helps increase a body's buoyancy, as fat has a lower density then water. That's why oil stays on top of a cup of water.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

unbenannt1ibjhk.png

It's not the fact that your blood cells carry O2 that makes you float on water. Like...if they carried H would I float on air? lol

It's that there's air in your lungs that helps you float. Fat is also a factor that helps increase a body's buoyancy, as fat has a lower density then water. That's why oil stays on top of a cup of water.

Oh right. I got confused because Writing Reg was talking about having a beating heart. You can tell I’m not the sharpest crayon in the box :D
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

unbenannt1ibjhk.png

What? Feels like a lot of thinking went into making that excuse for shoddy programming.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    If Vampires can talk, it means they can take air into their lungs, which means they can float.

Also, not all Vampires are the same. If you have a Vampire who can eat food and go out in the sun, they are probably a little closer to humans than others, or just have more Supernatural power.

And lastly, I don't think Vampires of Sims 4 have very many definitive laws of their existence, so their limitations are up to the player. B)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I have had many problems with my vampires since Seasons. I rarely play anything but aliens and vampires. From giving them strengths and weaknesses and Reconfiguration Draught to using dark meditation. I know they claimed it's been fixed but there are way too many problems still.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Whoa!! That toddler is so... cute? :D Your pictures are awesome! You have weird glitches. @Busufu do you use mods or CC?
  • Options

Lol @DanmanNefarius I really do not understand why the game loves Pear Shape sims :D As a rotational player I clean the NPC's at manage households to keep a balance. My sims travel a lot, my households are also different: each lot spam certain sims (park: kids and teens, lounge: elders, etc.). The sims at Sulani are more intrusive because of the "friendly" feature. I also fav the NPC's I like, this helps a lot.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I almost screamed when i saw the vampire toddler. :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options

unbenannt1ibjhk.png

Actually not. The sun thing comes from the movie "Nosferatu" and was adopted as lore... Traditional vampires are not afraid of sun.. nor in folklore, nor Camilla or Dracula had problems with sun... They were just less powerful.. I don't even know why the sims 4 vampires are weak to sun by default.
  • Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »

unbenannt1ibjhk.png

Actually not. The sun thing comes from the movie "Nosferatu" and was adopted as lore... Traditional vampires are not afraid of sun.. nor in folklore, nor Camilla or Dracula had problems with sun... They were just less powerful.. I don't even know why the sims 4 vampires are weak to sun by default.

Probably weak to sunlight because it's so ingrained into the mythos now.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »

unbenannt1ibjhk.png

Probably weak to sunlight because it's so ingrained into the mythos now.

Not only that but I think the sun sensitivity became a fascinating and naturally logical weakness for a "creature of the night", particularly considering the sun is a force that feeds and sustains life, whereas Vampires are undead. It also opened the way for more tales to be told with possibilities of defeating such a monster. And, it made the Vampire more "mysterious".

The evolution of the Vampire is an interesting thing. ❤️
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SmokeandCinderSmokeandCinder Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to bring it up, but I'm a console only player (PS4) and this latest update broke my vampires. It seems to be the same issue PC players had because now whenever I try to do dark meditation my vampires just wave their hands around and get a yellow question mark over their heads. So annoying! So yeah, I'm glad it's fixed for PC players but it isn't for all of us.
  • Options

@SmokeandCinder I saw that some issues were fixed with the 22th July Patch for consoles ;) You can look for Console threads at this forum. But you will always find help here.
  • Options

@SiliClone I'm reading your My Stories from your signature, a love them. I didn't know that format. Your couple is beautiful!
  • Options
    emere wrote: »
    @SiliClone I'm reading your My Stories from your signature, a love them. I didn't know that format. Your couple is beautiful!

Thanks for reading them... I need to put myself together and update DW and Crossing though... I'm more into messing around lately. I'm posting a sort of story in this thread if you're interested

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17177760#Comment_17177760
  • Options

@SiliClone OMG your Munch family is awesome, I love Lucas! Your Caleb is great! You use CC really nice <3
  • Options
    emere wrote: »
    @SiliClone OMG your Munch family is awesome, I love Lucas! Your Caleb is great! You use CC really nice <3

Thank you!
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Latest update states that old weaknesses are now fixed but what about powers (and fame perks/quirks - they worked the same way)?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali