Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quest for Adventure (an interactive reality game show story)

ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
fW3aU8q.png

Hey simmers!

This is a new interactive game show that I decided to create loosely based on other reality tv game shows that are out there. You might feel a little bit of survivor, a little bit of big brother, and maybe a few other shows. Who knows. :P
This is the first interactive game that I will be hosting, so I'll do my best, but forgive me if I'm a little rusty and don't run it as smoothly as those that have been doing it for years. I will, however, try to make it fun and try to give the story I post for it justice! As a side note: This will be a show that covers various "nerdy" things. Like books, video games, and movies. But sports references still may show up. It's basically a giant trivia show. :D

Christine Harrison: Welcome to the first season of Quest for Adventure! My name is Christine Harrison and I am the main host for the next few months and will guide some very special guests on their quest for adventure! They will go through many different challenges in their true quest, for the winners will each receive 150,000 simoleons! With an additional 50,000 going to the player with the highest score on the scoreboard.

Yes you read correctly, the winners! Sims will be signing up for a social experiment. When they arrive at the location they will be partnered with someone else who has signed up, and they will work as a team to try to make it through all their quests.
However, they may not stay with the same partner throughout the game. There will be chances to switch up partners, swap partners, and even full shuffle the partners at different points in the game.

Power Duo Challenge:
Everyone competes in the power challenge, and the scores of both members of the team count together to determine who the power duo of the week is. They will get to converse to determine what two other duos they want to nominate to potentially have their questing end.

Questing Power:
Everyone will be fighting for the ultimate questing power. Scores will not be added together for this challenge, because it is a fight for immunity and power.
The winner gets to do one thing from the quest reward list:
-Save a nominated duo (the power duo picks a replacement duo that can't include the winner of the quest)
-save one person from the nominations (the power duo determines what single player replaces and switches partners up)
-Change their own partner with someone else's partner.
-Do nothing

End of the Quest:
The questers determine which two players they believe have come to the end of their quest. If they are not on the same duo, the remaining two become a duo.

Quest Log:
The typical DRE/video entry/confessional like in other shows, but with a more quest themed name for this game show. Questers can talk about the game, their strategy, their shock of partner shifts, relationships in the house, trivia, whatever they want to. It can influence the direction of the show and let the audience get to know your characters better.

Additional Rules:
If your sim gets partnered with your own sim by some fluke occurrence, I'll figure out what to do. I'm hoping that doesn't happen, but I know the chance is there. xD

Enter a sim you have created, please no CC, I have everything except these 5 packs: Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour stuff, Cool kitchen stuff, or Luxury party stuff.

You may submit multiple sims, though I am going to try to select the widest range of characters. I'd prefer if I get at least 1 male and 1 female entered to give me a nice gender spread as well. Please submit through a private message. The applications should be filled out as the character.

Application:
Username:
Origin ID:
Sim Name:
Introduction to Camera:
(tell us who you are and a little about yourself.)
Suggestions on how I should write the character: (this question can be out of character)
Important this or That Questions:
Hot or Cold?
Playstation or Xbox?
PC or Console?
paperback or hardcover?
Disney or Pixar?
Star wars or star trek?
A or B?
64 or 360?
1 or 20?
Board Games or Card game?
open or close?
Marvel or DC?
Noon or midnight?
Co-op or single player?
MMORPG or Tabletop?
Pick a number between 1 and 100:

Post edited by Shadami on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
    This seasons Cast:
    Duo one: Sweet Treats in the pet room
    BsMotjv.png
    Kim Hwan by M13Vulpecula and Artemisia Silveri by Icmnfrsh

Duo Two: Beauty and the Geek in the wellness room
    36zXQ3M.png
    Daniel Williams by YJB19299 and Troy Tulfo by icmnfrsh

Duo Three: the blue zone in the nautical room
    5uMiuR6.png
    Ryan Tappe by M13Vulpecula and Zan Wu by Twiddle3

Duo Four: Risky Rivals in the music room
    qCCMh7q.png
    Riskee Rhymes by kittymeow and Rosita "Roz" Hamilton by Twiddle3

Duo Five: The Supernovas in the space room
    BiwZpdy.png
    Joshua Venture by Lady Tigress and Prashanth Haran by caffeinatedRachel

Duo Six: The Groovy Kitties in the sports room
    AoBA5Pb.png
    Rita Vasquez by YJB19299 and Aurora Page by CaffeinatedRachel

Duo Seven: New Age Outlaws in the photography room
    xGvCWpq.png
    Layla Morgan by LadyTigress and Noa Naptune by x_mg_x

Duo Eight:Daisy Flowers in the miedeval room
    Ez2LCTv.png
    April Reaves by Kittymeow and Michael Memory by x_MG_x

• Options
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    @icmnfrsh , @twiddle3 , @kittymeow , @M13Vulpecula , @Tuti3711 , @x_MG_x , @Turner you all seemed interested in my rough concept. If you know who else I should ask, or suggestions on this I'd love to hear them. I'm obviously still learning, and can't get better without feedback :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    I don't know what I'm signing up for but I'll give it a go, I have to see if I have anyone in my Library worth using first. ;)
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    I suck at trivia so I think I'll pass on playing, but I'll be lurking for sure. :)
    Super excited to see how this goes!!

Also: pixar FTW!
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Let me sign-up. Can you reserve me?
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    Of course MG :D
    Thanks for wanting to lurk at least Turner :D I pinged whoever had given interest in the interactive reality show community chat. It won't be straight up trivia. But I figured it will probably seem like that as I'm learning how to make interactive games. ^^ so the warning felt necessary.
    Thanks, Twiddle :D , like I said above I was pinging whoever had shown interest xD
    Oh gosh Tuti, it's not anything like mafia. It's more like big brother, and I know you had said you wanted to get in on a reality show game, so i figured i'd poke you just in case :]
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'll join :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Fantastic! :D

I just finished making the house. There are 8 bedrooms, so if we get more than 9 duos they may not have their own rooms until later in the competitions :D
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    It's getting started. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I'll join even though I've not read anything about it. :D
  • Options
    So should we create a female and male? :) I suck a trivia but I'll still like to play, lol.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'll try to get to this within the next few days. It's going to be a busy time for our family
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    How do I sign up for this, it sounds really interesting
  • Options
    CaffeinatedRachelCaffeinatedRachel Posts: 45 Member
    I'm not sure exactly how the challenge will go, but I will submit a sim! :)
  • Options
    Yay !! I'm glad to see so much interest. I hope I do a decent job xD and yes if you could create a male and a female it helps me pick from a nice pool. :) So there is a rounded cast.

I'll be jotting down the names of those interested and then put the character names as well when revealed.
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    I sent my app for two sims of different genders.

Can you pay attention to the note on the bottom?
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    How do I sign up for this, it sounds really interesting

@LadyTigress
    Simple: you just make a Sim and upload them to the Gallery, then you fill in the Application form and PM it to Shadami. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    CaffeinatedRachelCaffeinatedRachel Posts: 45 Member
    Sent in my application. I'm looking forward to the challenge!
  • Options
    LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    Application send
  • Options
    Thank you for all the applications turned in already :D I wasn't planning on starting until after the new year to give people time with holiday stuff (and for some back to school stuff)
    But I'm already going to start checking them out to see what kind of spread we have. :3

Do we want to wait until we have enough players that we don't need someone to play multiple characters? Or just get enough that everyone will partner with two different players?
  • Options
    Hmm, I see pros for both ideas.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Both applications sent. I'm fine playing with 2 sims, I love them both. :D
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    I don't think I'm gonna be able to play, I can't make any sims atm and there is nobody I really want to use in my Library, I'll see if I can sort something out.
    Christmas_Banner.png