Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

30% sale on Origin - still unsure whether to purchase 'Get Famous'

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    My sims whom are five star celebrities have been to restaurants and haven’t had npcs halt their actions. Yet at least. I’ve been to other areas such as gyms and other sims who celebrities do appear and steal the spotlight but not as much as others have said. The only only thing so far is my sim keeps reacting in disgust and only a mod has been able to fix that so far. Other than that GF is really fun and enjoyable, though my sim hasn’t been exactly flowing in wealth with her gigs.

On a side note thanks for letting us know about the 30% discount, just bought Laundry day stuff!

@CrystalAbyss1 Can you link the mod you have that stops that? I found a mod that said it was to stop the react in disgust, but my sims keep reacting that way, even with the mod. So it's obviously not working. I'd love one that does work.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2018
    The only way I will spend money on that pack is if they make it possible to add more of my sims to it. They either need to clean up some of the fake houses for real usable ones or allow us to build our own multifamily apts on the lots they have - other wise they could give it away and I won't buy it. I am that annoyed with the size of usable space for that world.

The game and creativity is for us - we don't have enough room for many of us to play the way we are used to as it is - never mind offer gp size room for us to play in a world that is said to mirror LA which is one of the largest USA cities and one of the largest 100 cities in the world. Ridiculous.

But if cities and lots aren't at least half your enjoyment of playing and the one main acting career is enough for you then I say take advantage of the sale - It all depends on the players priorities and what I may or may not do should not influence what your choose to do. 30 percent off beat paying 40 bucks - if you can be happy with that size world.

I cannot lie - people, even some of my own family members who live elsewhere and who have it for the most part love the new play. It all depends on how you feel - I think.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I can't say much for GF yet because I'm doing CAS makeovers with the new clothes (AYK they're gorgeous and work well with many other packs) but I've read that the best way to ensure invading celebs don't happen is to simply turn off Fame acquirement in Game settings, preventing more celebs from spawning. That means only the premade celebs and celebs you create yourself will be the only celebs. If you delete them all though, more celebs will spawn so long as you always have a lot with one of the celeb hotspot traits on them; it spawns new celebs if you don't have any as it's a lot trait requirement like a bartender to a bar. I believe the actor career will also spawn some celebs too to fill the jobs in the studio.

Thanks for the tip about that sale though, I finished my Sims 4 collection by buying the last 3 SP's I didn't have! :smiley:
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Update: The 'save30' coupon code also works at the Sims official site store online!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I tried it out a bit last night, and it was pretty fun. I was able to get my actor promoted a few times and he became a 1-star celebrity.

So far, I've seen people crowd around Thorne Bailey and Brittany Cho, but it hasn't been disruptive. Maybe if I play a bit more it'll show, but last night it wasn't a problem when my sims ate out and went to that lounge in Del Sol.

I also haven't played my regular saves yet so I don't know how it affects the game when you're not pursuing fame.

Oh, and I also have to mention that I turned fame off, so that only sims actively seeking the spotlight will get famous.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Also, this might be due to MCCC, but funnily enough, the first time my sim met Dustin Broke, he was a businessman. The next time I saw him, the "ask about career" option showed up again and he was unemployed.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    My sims whom are five star celebrities have been to restaurants and haven’t had npcs halt their actions. Yet at least. I’ve been to other areas such as gyms and other sims who celebrities do appear and steal the spotlight but not as much as others have said. The only only thing so far is my sim keeps reacting in disgust and only a mod has been able to fix that so far. Other than that GF is really fun and enjoyable, though my sim hasn’t been exactly flowing in wealth with her gigs.

On a side note thanks for letting us know about the 30% discount, just bought Laundry day stuff!

@CrystalAbyss1 Can you link the mod you have that stops that? I found a mod that said it was to stop the react in disgust, but my sims keep reacting that way, even with the mod. So it's obviously not working. I'd love one that does work.
    Was recommended on the sims reddit
    http://simsmodelsimmer.tumblr.com/post/180199507921/no-react-in-disgust-mod-for-the-sims-4-get
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I like the pack actually. Its fun! A lot of the features you do not want can be turned off so that is nice.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Plainevil wrote: »
    As the title says, there is a storewide sale with the promo code "SAVE30" (until 18 December). But I am still unsure whether to get "Get Famous" due to the many reports of invading celebrities. Anyone else having second thoughts?

Get famous, i certainly found the celebrity's invading but i am hoping the distraction is toned down outside there own world. I like the premades that live in that world. Unfortunitly the game does not seem to reconise celebrity off, if they excist

In my non celebrity saves i found deleting all the pre made celebs and removing the celebrity traits worked, had no celebrity's spawn at all in that save, only thing that was overlooked was the paparazzi. Which continue to spawn. All paparazzi have the kleptomaniac trait and my unmodded game continuously spawns them when i travel to a different lot, even though i have no celebrity's in that game. Unless you want a world overrun with kleptomaniac Sims, i suggest you delete them regularly as the game does replace them regularly, even if not deleted.

Ugh. That sounds like a drag. You have to wonder why the game would keep generating paparazzi, if there are no celebrities around. I guess I could delete them along with the newly generated vampires, which I do approx. once a Sim week.
    Thanks for the info, this is good to know!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    DragonSireDragonSire Posts: 12 New Member
    Careful when buying, I didn't get promoted to enter a promo code when buying a stuff pack for the the game. I assumed after it went to payment details it would come back to check out screen and allow you to enter the code. Nope.

And Customer service was no help. Said it was likely a glitch, but wouldn't give a credit, cancel order or offer anything in exchange other than a sorry and finally hung up on me when I didn't like the answer.

Example of how they deal with people now...they hang up....they do it on chat also:

NAME NOT SHOWN
    It seems that I have already provided you the necessary information and to stop this chat being repetitive, I need to disconnect this chat right away.

If you have any other EA related issues then you may visit the EA forum Answer.ea.com and help.ea.com.

Thanks for contacting EA Help! Have a nice day!
    The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I ended up getting Laundry Day as I was still missing that and like many of the items. I got the discount fine, but if I remember right I had to scroll down to enter the code.
  • Options
    You do have to click on "Enter Promo Code" and "Apply Code" before proceeding to "Pay now". Sorry that it turned out that way for you. And I do think it is lame that they won't give you a refund, since the sale is still ongoing.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I got it at 50% off and I don't think it was worth any more than that IMO. I don't find the gameplay additions interesting at all (really... it doesn't add much to your game to be a celebrity) and the acting career is slow and repetitive.

Where did you score the 50% off. I am still hoping Origin will have a 50% off before Christmas.

It was at Best Buy around Black Friday.

I did use the 30% code last year though, but as far as I know, we haven't got much better in the last year.
  • Options
    IUSeekBritneyIUSeekBritney Posts: 16 Member
    I bought a bundle;
    Get Famous
    Dine Out
    Patio

for only 35€
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    DragonSire wrote: »
    Careful when buying, I didn't get promoted to enter a promo code when buying a stuff pack for the the game. I assumed after it went to payment details it would come back to check out screen and allow you to enter the code. Nope.

And Customer service was no help. Said it was likely a glitch, but wouldn't give a credit, cancel order or offer anything in exchange other than a sorry and finally hung up on me when I didn't like the answer.

Example of how they deal with people now...they hang up....they do it on chat also:

NAME NOT SHOWN
    It seems that I have already provided you the necessary information and to stop this chat being repetitive, I need to disconnect this chat right away.

If you have any other EA related issues then you may visit the EA forum Answer.ea.com and help.ea.com.

Thanks for contacting EA Help! Have a nice day!
    The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.

Keep trying, you're bound to get a decent customer service employee eventually. and also if you have trouble with customer service @EA_Mai is our go-to here for any help that way, at least that's how it was with Mage.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2018
    On Origin if you click the overhead link furtherest to the left on the top of the Origin store page - you'll see where to put the code for the discount.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Caszidy215Caszidy215 Posts: 310 Member
    Get Famous has become my favorite expansion after Seasons. I don't have a problem with celebrities stealing the spotlight or interrupting daily life.
  • Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I bought a bundle:

Get Famous
    Parenthood
    Bowling Stuff

With the promo code on top of the bundle discount got the price down to £31; that's about half the price of buying them separately on Origin. I won't complain at that, just means lots of new content and gameplay to try out, I know what I'll be playing over the holidays. :smiley:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I bought it on sale as well. Didn’t bundle. But I didn’t feel the world justified the price, and because I’m in Canada it’s that much more too, so I waited for a sale.

I’m glad I did though, because CAS in this pack is phenomenal. Far and away the best in this iteration for sure, but it’s up there as my all time favourite.

Gameplay? Not sure yet. I had fun with the social media career last night but I think there are things I would change.

In terms of spawning celebrities, I definitely didn’t notice any issues with sims stopping their normal routines, except for fans who showed up and stood there jumping and screaming and then passing out, which I thought was funny :lol:

I think the sale price is worth it, but not the full.
  • Options
    DragonSireDragonSire Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Netzspannung said:
    > You do have to click on "Enter Promo Code" and "Apply Code" before proceeding to "Pay now". Sorry that it turned out that way for you. And I do think it is lame that they won't give you a refund, since the sale is still ongoing.

Yah I was shocked, never got such a crap response over such a small amount of money. I was even willing to accept a discount of equal value to a different purchase, but both reps gave me their scripted responses and then cut me off before any kind of deal could be made. If EA needs that tiny little bit of money that bad...I guess.. I even said to the rep at one point, if I cancel the cc charge you will get a charge back, loose the money for the purchase and annoy someone who has all but 2 stuff packs from the Sims 4 = a fair amount of money spent. over an amount less than $5. All I got was I understand that, but nothing I can do. lol

Not smart business move if you ask me.
  • Options
    xdawnxxdawnx Posts: 81 Member
    Ive just bought a bundle too, managed to get Get Famous, Vampires and Bowling Night Stuff all for £31.47 #Bargain #HappyChristmasToMe :p
    Look for my lot creations on the gallery luckylady88 ;)
  • Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    xdawnx wrote: »
    Ive just bought a bundle too, managed to get Get Famous, Vampires and Bowling Night Stuff all for £31.47 #Bargain #HappyChristmasToMe :p

Now you can have a famous vampire who has a secret bowling alley in the bottom of his Transalvanian mansion. Eat your heart out Cristopher Lee and Peter Cushing. :smiley:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    The sale and the 'custom bundle' option convinced me to take the plunge. Just picked up Get Famous, Jungle Adventure and the Toddler Pack. Just starting to play around with the actor career now.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    I have gained some valuable insights from this thread, so thanks for the info to everyone. I've decided to wait until the patch on the 18th at the very least to see how we're doing bugwise. I do mostly like the new content, but don't feel like downloading bugs into a game that runs pretty great for me.

we all try ...