Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mystery patch feature guesses

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    CAW
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I don’t know!! Couldn’t it just be the new terrain tools though ?

It is something else since all the Game Changers that went to Simscamp talked openly about terrain tool but can't talk about this until it is revealed tomorrow.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    CAW
    @06Bon06
    I also don’t think it’s the color wheel. The number of assets they’d have to revisit to enable the color wheel would take too much time to invest in. They enabled CASt for animals because it was a self contained feature. It probably would have been better if they hadn’t included it at all, because it just showed everyone that it could be done, but was just left out of the base game due to whatever restriction they were beholden to at the time. Now it just sits there taunting everyone who really wants CASt for people, but instead they just get to paint cats all day.

If they tried to enable CASt for all assets the game would probably implode from the sheer amount of creative possibility. The Sims 4 just wasn’t designed for that.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Real babies
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I don’t know!! Couldn’t it just be the new terrain tools though ?

It is something else since all the Game Changers that went to Simscamp talked openly about terrain tool but can't talk about this until it is revealed tomorrow.

Yup. One of them said on a video they were showed the mystery feature and allowed to play with it.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I don't think anything of thoae will be coming. CAW was just discussed on June(If I recall completely). A simmer made a complete concept of CAW from the UI, features, and functionality. Even the gurus was impressed on the level of depth it has. They knew its coming and posiible, they knew we want it, but I don't think it will come this fast.

Color Wheels would be awesome, but from the videos we seen at SimsCamp, they still use the design tool and there is nothing on the UI that has indication.

I do love the improved personalities, but if they are part of the update, then improved personality is something that we should have all noticed.

An Attraction system is probably the most possible. Its not seen on the simology tab though. I don't think they will put it on the other tabs.

My guess, it is something unexpected like the terrain tools. It is probably a live mode gameplay future that dosen't uses new user interface, kinda like toddlers, say if toddlers are just coming by this update and there is no CAS video shown, we would not know its toddlers because there is no change UI at child to Elder when adding them.

I think its something unexpected.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Real babies
    Honestly, I was hoping for individual sim bios.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    There is absolutely no way that it is burglars. That would be a massive, massive disappointment. Youtubers said it's a "game-changer" and that we'd "lose our minds" over it. Burglars are literally nothing...
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    CAW
    I don't want reeal babies that would be an awful feature, create a world please!
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    CAW
    I'm not really sure what to expect for CAW, but would be exciting if we got it.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    I want updated babies, but Sims 4 keeps disappointing me in that aspect, so I assume it’s something else.

It says small but fun. Small. So it can’t be something huge like CAW or something major and cool like that.

Maybe something smaller, like a minor terrain tool addition or a few new traits?

Edited to add: Hmm... I could see a new system of some sort being an option, too. But don’t they usually sell the systems in the packs?

Maybe it’s something to do with the self-employment thing?

I dunno. Guess we’ll find out soon.

I’d be excited if it was babies or a new system.

(I’ve never used CAW in Sims 3, as I’m a terrible builder and it looked overwhelming, so I may be interested to see how Sims 4 does it. I’m sure it will excite many other simmers, though. :) )
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Attraction system
    Isn't it a UI feature? so, wouldn't that be color wheel?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    CAW
    CAW. It kinda makes sense with the new terrain tools, if it is CAW I am indifferent. I'm terrible at making worlds.
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    CAW
    Someone will know
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    CAW
    Oooh I hope so, but it sounds too good to be true.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Isn't it a UI feature? so, wouldn't that be color wheel?

As someone who likes to color-match or likes having more varied colors, I would just LOVE a color wheel feature! :smile:

I would just love having more creative tools overall. :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    If it is a tool I would like rounded walls and roofs to make realistic castles on those high mountains, That's if the water tool is still not ready.
  • Options
    MaziMazi Posts: 22 Member
    Someone noticed that Del Sol Valley include police cars running around, this may hint at some police\bulglar feature.

Did anyone paid attention if police cars are in the base game too? i really can't remember.
  • Options
    LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    Attraction system
    I am hoping for a personality overhaul or an attraction system of some sort. I don't really use the baby life stage as much, being a story-teller, so I don't quite care about that aspect. However, something to do with sim behavior would be intensely interesting. However, I wouldn't be opposed to adding in the sims' ability to injure themselves. I know it's not something too boring though, because Pixelade is super hyped, and we have similar styles. I know it's not cars, and that has already be debunked, but also because I don't see the point regarding The Sims 4 closed world set-up.
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I wish it was autoroofs :#
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Real babies
    LanieBorne wrote: »
    I am hoping for a personality overhaul or an attraction system of some sort. I don't really use the baby life stage as much, being a story-teller, so I don't quite care about that aspect. However, something to do with sim behavior would be intensely interesting. However, I wouldn't be opposed to adding in the sims' ability to injure themselves. I know it's not something too boring though, because Pixelade is super hyped, and we have similar styles. I know it's not cars, and that has already be debunked, but also because I don't see the point regarding The Sims 4 closed world set-up.

Hey, someone in another thread asked what their style of play is. Could you elaborate? Knowing what they like could give a better idea of the possibilities.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    CAW
    I'm feeling like it could be CAW, but then again, if it's the tool that someone mentioned that a guru said not to get too excited about, then I would say it's probably a tool that allows us to create in game challenges. Challenges are pretty popular, but then again there's lots of simmers that don't like challenges and don't like to be "tied down to rules". But from all the threads and videos I've been watching.. I can't seem to figure it out.

A Create A Challenge Tool would be awesome. But so would Create a World. I feel like they made the icons for worlds smaller because we're getting Del Sol Valley, but it made me think it could be a CAW, because they made it smaller for us to have custom worlds. But maybe that's in the future.

I could see lots of people being excited about the world tool.. lots of people being excited about CAC, but not as many as CAW, so that's what I'm thinking. I'm excited either way! I love getting new UI tools. :D, I'm weird, I know. ♥
  • Options
    MaziMazi Posts: 22 Member
    I guess they made the worlds icons smaller just to make room for the already planned 3 years of content, aka at least a dozen of expansions\packs and 6\7 new worlds.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I hope it has absolutely nothing to do with challenges. I don’t see any point to a “make your own challenge” feature - like what is the benefit from it? I’m not a fan of the challenges in general, but that just seems like something that wouldn’t do anything for the game.

It’s more than likely not CAW, or any other major new game feature. My expectations are pretty low, i’m not in any hurry to update my game yet.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    Real babies
    I'm feeling like it could be CAW, but then again, if it's the tool that someone mentioned that a guru said not to get too excited about, then I would say it's probably a tool that allows us to create in game challenges. Challenges are pretty popular, but then again there's lots of simmers that don't like challenges and don't like to be "tied down to rules". But from all the threads and videos I've been watching.. I can't seem to figure it out.

A Create A Challenge Tool would be awesome. But so would Create a World. I feel like they made the icons for worlds smaller because we're getting Del Sol Valley, but it made me think it could be a CAW, because they made it smaller for us to have custom worlds. But maybe that's in the future.

I could see lots of people being excited about the world tool.. lots of people being excited about CAC, but not as many as CAW, so that's what I'm thinking. I'm excited either way! I love getting new UI tools. :D, I'm weird, I know. ♥

What is the point of creating a challenge though? What's the fun about it?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited November 2018
    CAW
    A streamer I follow went to sims camp, and when he returned he said the new feature will blow our minds. And while burglars, preteens, babies, CASt etc would be great additions, the only thing I can think that will collectively have our minds blown is CAW. The streamer who said this is a builder who hardly does any gameplay, and we now have terrain tools, so I can't imagine it being anything else. Ofc I could be wrong.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Elephant costume.

lol funny. I'm not really sure. I kinda feel like it's none of these things....
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie