Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mystery patch feature guesses

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Attraction system
    I voted it was an attraction system, but the guy says it's hidden content..so I'm changing mine to Color Wheel.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Real babies
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I voted it was an attraction system, but the guy says it's hidden content..so I'm changing mine to Color Wheel.

The reason I don't think color wheel is because how would they hide it while showing CAS
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Attraction system
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

The reason I don't think color wheel is because how would they hide it while showing CAS

It would be hidden if it was like those three circular points like on hair in TS3. You don't know it's there until you expand the hair to change the color, right? and then you can change each of those little circles to lighten, darken and or change the color of one circle or all with a graph. It's not necessarily known to some who just pick a color and go on their way. It has to be something we wouldn't notice right away if he made a point to say it's hidden content.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    soko37 wrote: »
    Well it's something connected with ideas of being a celebrity and rich. Giving poor sims the option to break into homes would fit and also be so fun. Perhaps they are giving certain sims the ability to be burglars. That would also explain how he said he played with that feature more.

Stairs would make sense too since we will have mansions to build. Perhaps pixelade was building a mansion and playing with the new stair system.

Well, we don't know that for sure. One of the game changers said it had nothing to do with the pack.

Oh, really...huh. I just figured it would correlate to celebrities. The color wheel was nice to have for matching decor, but I was honestly overwhelmed by it. I love having creative freedom, a little too much. I spent hours designing every lit bit of everything and felt consumed by it. I couldn't stop to play the game half the time lol. I'm nervous of its return and what will become of me.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I kinda wish they'd change teens before babies, but whatever.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Attraction system
    I kinda wish they'd change teens before babies, but whatever.

Honestly? Same.
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    It'll be either newspapers or more underwear.
    Or maybe a skipping rope or hopscotch court.

I hope it's a skipping rope so I can finally end it all when the Great Disappointment that constantly meets me with these "big reveals" is actually revealed.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5543654

Moving on, I actually hope it's a swimmable ocean which may be alluded by the piranha death feature with Get Famous. Maybe we'll have shark attacks? Secondly, I'd want robbers/ policemen/ firefighter NPCs again to liven up the gameplay. To be honest, TS4's "life" simulations have been stale without drama like the repo man coming to your house or robbers taking your belongings. What more I speculate wouldn't matter because whatever they've cooked up to serve us is already decided and nothing else could change that so
    tenor.gif

• Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    CAW
    Yeah, I guessed burglars before I saw that video from Pixelade with the comment on how much he played with the new feature. Now I have no clue whatsoever....but man am I curious and impatient for Tuesday.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Real babies
    I dont' know, we'll see tuesday! :smiley:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    It's not on the list, but I hazard to guess that it's a new feature for the gallery.

If the Guru said that it's nothing to get too excited about, I tend to believe her/him.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    CAW
    Voting for CAW based on a lot of context clues from the game changers. However, I think CAW won’t be on the same level as previous games. Since the gurus have previously stated that CAW would be hard to do because of the amount of assets that would be needed to create the neighborhood maps, I think CAW will be limited to a few world templates that you can mix and match. Terrain, backdrops, world size and maybe architectural theme might be selectable. For example...

Terrain is limited to temperate and arid. Backdrops are limited to rural, suburban or city. Sizes are small, medium, large. Architecture of the background houses will be limited (probably recycled from the previous worlds) and constrained based on the type of terrain you picked (e.g. can’t have a southwestern theme in a temperate climate). This way the amount of assets needed to have a functioning CAW is greatly reduced compared to the free editing we were able to do in past games. Definitely not the CAW that most people would want or imagine, but it would have enough options to keep a game changer entertained for a couple hours. Meets all the requirements for “small but fun,” “get excited but don’t,” and “omg get ready to lose your miiiiiinnnndddsssss~!!!1”
    Real babies
    Voting for CAW based on a lot of context clues from the game changers. However, I think CAW won’t be on the same level as previous games. Since the gurus have previously stated that CAW would be hard to do because of the amount of assets that would be needed to create the neighborhood maps, I think CAW will be limited to a few world templates that you can mix and match. Terrain, backdrops, world size and maybe architectural theme might be selectable. For example...

Terrain is limited to temperate and arid. Backdrops are limited to rural, suburban or city. Sizes are small, medium, large. Architecture of the background houses will be limited (probably recycled from the previous worlds) and constrained based on the type of terrain you picked (e.g. can’t have a southwestern theme in a temperate climate). This way the amount of assets needed to have a functioning CAW is greatly reduced compared to the free editing we were able to do in past games. Definitely not the CAW that most people would want or imagine, but it would have enough options to keep a game changer entertained for a couple hours. Meets all the requirements for “small but fun,” “get excited but don’t,” and “omg get ready to lose your miiiiiinnnndddsssss~!!!1”

Oo that's actually a really good way it could work. I wouldn't complain having that ability.
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    When I read about this I immediately thought they were referring to the new terrain tools they’ve given us a glimpse of, but haven’t actually announced yet.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    CAF84 wrote: »
    When I read about this I immediately thought they were referring to the new terrain tools they’ve given us a glimpse of, but haven’t actually announced yet.

um the fact they got a glimpse of it basically=announcement. So it's not that and it's not the stylist career
    6adMCGP.gif
    Real babies
    I love how babies and caw are in an everlasting tie XD
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Real babies
    I'm guessing real babies because they are something that qualify for "being wanted a long time" (as a Game Changer mentioned) as well as "small but fun." I would be just as happy with new stairs, (L, U, etc.) although I know a lot of people would be "meh" about that.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2018
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Ability to buy upgrades to objects rather than upgrade it yourself?

I like this but I wouldn't want it to be instant. I would like it if the repairman came and upgraded it for you.

• TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I kinda hope it's multiplayer
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 399 Member
    Real babies
    I really hope it's better babies. I play with aging off and have the babies for more than a sim year (and I play with 28 days seasons, which makes a sim year 112 sim days) before I age them up to toddlers. I'm beyond tired of babies the way they are now. They feel more like pieces of furniture than real family members.

Here are some of the babies I've had in my game. Completely identical in appearance and personality:
    3NbJMIc.jpg

Clearly, they're nothing but objects:
    riv5t4g.jpg
    0Au6SPq.jpg
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2018
    I really hope it's better babies. I play with aging off and have the babies for more than a sim year (and I play with 28 days seasons, which makes a sim year 112 sim days) before I age them up to toddlers. I'm beyond tired of babies the way they are now. They feel more like pieces of furniture than real family members.

Here are some of the babies I've had in my game. Completely identical in appearance and personality:
    3NbJMIc.jpg

riv5t4g.jpg
    0Au6SPq.jpg

I would love to have better babies too.

They can do so much more with them, they can actually make them really fun and not just a chore.
    - Clothing options
    - Changing table
    - Toys?
    - Let Sims carry them around or put them in a stroller and go for a walk
    - Baby showers
    - More pregnancy interactions such as ''talk to belly'' (bonding with the unborn baby).
    - Give them personalities too (such as the toddlers, but assign them randomly at birth).
    - Different types of bassinets. I hate the ones we have in the game now.

Just some ideas.

But I'm still kinda hopng for a Generations type of pack, because that was easily one of my favorite packs of all time.
    I think not only babies, but also teens and elders deserve more attention to make them stand out from the rest and to give them more meaning.

- Shorter teens, please? (probably never going to happen because of the animation overhaul they have to do = lot's of work).
    - Walkstyles for Elders and/or the ability to walk with a cane.
    - Hobbies and interests in general for all ages..

Probably more wishful thinking at best, but we have 3 years left, so enough time.
    Real babies
    rudy8292 wrote: »

3NbJMIc.jpg

riv5t4g.jpg
    0Au6SPq.jpg

I would love to have better babies too.

They can do so much more with them, they can actually make them really fun and not just a chore.
    - Clothing options
    - Changing table
    - Toys?
    - Let Sims carry them around or put them in a stroller and go for a walk
    - Baby showers
    - More pregnancy interactions such as ''talk to belly'' (bonding with the unborn baby).
    - Give them personalities too (such as the toddlers, but assign them randomly at birth).
    - Different types of bassinets. I hate the ones we have in the game now.

Just some ideas.

But I'm still kinda hopng for a Generations type of pack, because that was easily one of my favorite packs of all time.
    I think not only babies, but also teens and elders deserve more attention to make them stand out from the rest and to give them more meaning.

- Shorter teens, please? (probably never going to happen because of the animation overhaul they have to do = lot's of work).
    - Walkstyles for Elders and/or the ability to walk with a cane.
    - Hobbies and interests in general for all ages..

Probably more wishful thinking at best, but we have 3 years left, so enough time.

Same. They made amazing toddlers and I can see them making amazing babies too. And you know what solved the problem of leaving babies on the floor in sims 3? The playmat, sims would rather put them there or in the bouncy chair than on the floor. So give us those items, cribs, changing tables, clothes and hair.

And like you said personality traits.

I'm honestly hoping they added them instead of the other stuff because them being an object stuck in a room at home takes away from it.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited November 2018
    I don’t know!! Couldn’t it just be the new terrain tools though ?

I would love cars, but Grant -I think it was Grant- said they wouldn’t be added this year. (Which technically doesn’t rule out 2019, right ?)

Then the color wheel, I wish they’ll add it. That would mean way more choice and customization, not only for furniture and objects, but hair colors as well (I really would like another blonde shade, the darker one is a bit weird).

CAW would sure be fun, I think it would be a lot of work to do though.

Burglars could be likely. They sure would love the new money vault !

Swimmable ocean, I really want it, but it would require to edit all the worlds.

Preteens is something I would like too, as I feel there’s a really huge gap between kids and teens, as if your sims went straight from 8 to 16.

Improved personalities and attraction system would be nice as well.
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

um the fact they got a glimpse of it basically=announcement. So it's not that and it's not the stylist career

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Some of the game changers who played at Sims Camp said they're excited to discuss this new feature after the live stream as they played extensively with it. Something like terrain tools would definitely fit into that description. Besides, bugging up hype in this way for something they've already partially revealed would not at all surprise me in the way this game and all its updates have been marketed so far.
    Real babies
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I don’t know!!

I would love cars, but Grant -I think it was Grant- said they wouldn’t be added this year. (Which technically doesn’t rule out 2019, right ?)

Then the color wheel, I wish they’ll add it. That would mean way more choice and customization, not only for furniture and objects, but hair colors as well (I really would like another blonde shade, the darker one is a bit weird).

CAW would sure be fun, I think it would be a lot of work to do though.

Burglars could be likely. They sure would love the new money vault !

Swimmable ocean, I really want it, but it would require to edit all the worlds.

Preteens is something I would like too, as I feel there’s a really huge gap between kids and teens, as if your sims went straight from 8 to 16.

Improved personalities and attraction system would be nice as well.

If I'm honest I no longer care bout the color wheel. We get plenty of nice color options.

I realized I spend too much time in sims 3 getting everything the same shade. I recently started mixing the furniture and the colors and in my opinion my houses look better than when everything matches perfectly.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2018
    CAW
    MadameLee wrote: »

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Some of the game changers who played at Sims Camp said they're excited to discuss this new feature after the live stream as they played extensively with it. Something like terrain tools would definitely fit into that description. Besides, bugging up hype in this way for something they've already partially revealed would not at all surprise me in the way this game and all its updates have been marketed so far.

It's definitely not terrain tools. Terrain tools are not a secret, and it's certainly not something the game changers can't talk about. In fact, terrain tools was mentioned in the same video along with the mystery feature.