Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mystery patch feature guesses

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2018
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LPT8urWk4_Y
    In this video SimsCommunity said "The update is also gonna come with a new feature called ______________"

You can't fill the blanks with "a new feature called improved babies", "a new feature called burglars" or "a new feature called improved personalities" because that sounds weird. It must be a special new feature that has an actual precise name (like terrain manipulation for example)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Real babies
    In this video SimsCommunity said "The update is also gonna come with a new feature called ______________"

You can't fill the blanks with "a new feature called improved babies" or "a new feature called improved personalities" because that sounds weird. It must be a special new feature that has an actual precise name

"The update is also gonna come with a new feature called memes"

Sims can now make memes out of celebrities and post them on Plumbgag.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

You can't fill the blanks with "a new feature called improved babies" or "a new feature called improved personalities" because that sounds weird. It must be a special new feature that has an actual precise name

"The update is also gonna come with a new feature called memes"

Sims can now make memes out of celebrities and post them on Plumbgag.

Oh no please not lol
    a256aFi.gif
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Maybe it's a juicer. I'm calling it.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Real babies
    Maybe it's a juicer. I'm calling it.

Why not a smoothie machine?

Or a candy station for making bubble gum and chocolate sweets and multi colored candy?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    CAW
    Mazi wrote: »
    Someone noticed that Del Sol Valley include police cars running around, this may hint at some police\bulglar feature.

Did anyone paid attention if police cars are in the base game too? i really can't remember.

Yep I saw police cars cruising the world in some of the videos.
    CAW
    Mazi wrote: »
    I guess they made the worlds icons smaller just to make room for the already planned 3 years of content, aka at least a dozen of expansions\packs and 6\7 new worlds.

Yes but that's not the new feature the game changers and gurus are talking about. This is something we can use during gameplay.
    CAW
    Another possibility is the memory system coming back. If so I hope it's like the Sims 2 version.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    None of the above. :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    I hope for improved babies but thats too big.
    I think it will be improved personalities. You can choose what the fave colour, music, and food is. It wont have impact on the game tho.

When is the next maxis monthly again? they will announce it there righty?

also i ecpect:
    This will be a let down to the community. Kate said its small and we should not get hyped too much. This time it was really just us raising expectations.
    If this hype is somebodys fault its really ours and of course of the one who said „its going to be game chainging“ and „people will lose their minds“
    It think what they will add is prob so small we would not even thing about it. Nothing of the above could happen eventhough many want it

Let's remember this tomorrow.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited November 2018
    Real babies
    After reading all these comments I have a new theory on what the new feature is. I don't think it's CAW, freed babies, cars, or color wheel. I think it might be a new memories system (not just screenshots like it is now). This is something that would involve gameplay, something that might pop up during livestreams that would have to be edited out; something that could be "played" around with and something that involves a change in the UI. It's something that some might see as "small but fun" or even "meh" (as many people ignored the whole memories system in Sims 3) but for others something they've been "wanting for a while" (per some tweet by some GC) or even "blow your mind".

I'd be excited about a memories system similar to Sims 2... but I am preparing myself to be disappointed!
    edited November 2018
    CAW
    Other possibilities are slowdancing,relaxing in bed and shower woohoo all of which are heavily requested by simmers. It could be one or all of these.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

You can't fill the blanks with "a new feature called improved babies", "a new feature called burglars" or "a new feature called improved personalities" because that sounds weird. It must be a special new feature that has an actual precise name (like terrain manipulation for example)

In the vid there were 3 beeps, maybe a 3 syllable word? :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    edited November 2018
    CAW
    Pixelade just released a new video and he comments the new feature isn't extremely massive but isn't extremely small either. Starts at 2:11
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oehslUpz9-c&feature=youtu.be
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    My guess would be some sort of “hard mode” to make the game more challenging. Wouldn’t necessarily be a big feature since it just raises the chance of failure for specific actions, and I think it would be fun. I don’t think this is what will really come though, but it would be fun to have in game.
    Real babies
    Pegasys wrote: »
    After reading all these comments I have a new theory on what the new feature is. I don't think it's CAW, freed babies, cars, or color wheel. I think it might be a new memories system (not just screenshots like it is now). This is something that would involve gameplay, something that might pop up during livestreams that would have to be edited out; something that could be "played" around with and something that involves a change in the UI. It's something that some might see as "small but fun" or even "meh" (as many people ignored the whole memories system in Sims 3) but for others something they've been "wanting for a while" (per some tweet by some GC) or even "blow your mind".

I'd be excited about a memories system similar to Sims 2... but I am preparing myself to be disappointed!

Please not a sims 3 memory system. I couldn't use it since the save became clogged with everyone remembering their first pancake.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Real babies
    My guess would be some sort of “hard mode” to make the game more challenging. Wouldn’t necessarily be a big feature since it just raises the chance of failure for specific actions, and I think it would be fun. I don’t think this is what will really come though, but it would be fun to have in game.

I'd love this! It would be great to have more consequences for my sim's actions, like in the Sim 2. For example, when we get those chance cards for jobs, you could actually get fired for making a mistake. Social interactions could be more hit or miss. Maybe they'd have different levels of gameplay like Easy, Medium and Hard. I would definitely play in Hard mode!
    Real babies
    bixters wrote: »

I'd love this! It would be great to have more consequences for my sim's actions, like in the Sim 2. For example, when we get those chance cards for jobs, you could actually get fired for making a mistake. Social interactions could be more hit or miss. Maybe they'd have different levels of gameplay like Easy, Medium and Hard. I would definitely play in Hard mode!

I'd also love if they added this. Sims 4 with sims 2 difficulty would be amazing.
    CAW
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Pegasys wrote: »

Please not a sims 3 memory system. I couldn't use it since the save became clogged with everyone remembering their first pancake.

A Sims 2 Memory Option would be sweet though.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Iron seagal said he made a smash bro introduction's for the new feature so I'm betting my money on npc's it makes the most sense.
  • PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    edited November 2018
    I wish it would be attraction system! But wouldn't mind burglars instead, what point is the money vault in GF without them? We need more consequences in TS4 it's too safe and easy.
  • PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    Actually after re-watching Jenn xUrbanSimsx GF video, she had to cut the part out after about to show Risky Kiss bc she wasnt allowed to show it.

So I am convinced we are getting Risky actions like Sims Mobile.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Real babies

I would really like that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    CAW
    Actually after re-watching Jenn xUrbanSimsx GF video, she had to cut the part out after about to show Risky Kiss bc she wasnt allowed to show it.

So I am convinced we are getting Risky actions like Sims Mobile.

If you're right, I think this is the mystery feature that comes with the expansion. We still have to figure out what's coming in the patch... I mean, I guess risky actions would also fit as a base game feature, that maybe ties into some of the pack features. Now I'm about to go look up the mobile game... Is 11am here, yet?