Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mystery patch feature guesses

15678911...Next

Comments

• Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I don't get it. Is this a big problem, a middle-sized problem or a small problem?
    You are just angry because it isn't CAW or re-done Babies.
    It is just a new camera mode like the free camera used for screenshots. the way they described it, it doesn't sound like more than 3 people worked more than two days on it. Even a Stuff Pack takes multiple months for an entire team which has perhaps dozens of people involved.
    two EPs in one year is a big deal for them.
    Making Objects bigger was originally also such a joke that ended up as an official feature. And that might be just be switched numbers for the scale. And Builders found uses for it.
    It's small, it can be fun, but if you set your expectations to "All my dreams will come true now", you will be disappointed no matter what.
    Yeah, some people are treating this feature like a personal insult, which is a strange attitude to have about a video game.

Exactly
    If you hate the game, why waste time and money to play it? Sims 1, 2 and 3 are still there and playable.
    Sims 2 Base Game and several DLCs are still on the shelf in a store near me. (Or at least were when I was last there)
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    CAW
    I posted a comment last night saying this was possible by using a cheat in the Sims 2, infact it was The Sims on PS2. I stand corrected.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=vf1lt6w5vzE
    2UFyFUV.png

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited November 2018
    CAW

Like I said, trust SimGuruKate saying it's "small but fun" not someone that needs more attention and views on YouTube.
    The feature can be useful for some very specific moments and very specific type of player. I'm pretty neutral about it myself. Knowing that this was developed on the side and not as something official per se also helps with not being disappointed that they spent time in this when there's so much that needs to be added to the base game.
    The patch itself is going to blow my mind regardless since it comes with terrain manipulation so...
    One thing I didn't get was: what is so funny about it? What is it exactly what the gurus found so hilarious about this small feature? I was confused by that more than by the feature itself.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Real babies
    Not a feature I care for or will ever use hate first person games but it sounds like the majority of the work was done by SimGuruGhost on his off time so I wont lose a feature I'd actually use so no real loss or gain. This was nothing more then a "game change" hyping up people and getting more views on his video you really cant trust them they all love everything.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Like I said, trust SimGuruKate saying it's "small but fun" not someone that needs more attention and views on YouTube.
    The feature can be useful for some very specific moments and very specific type of player. I'm pretty neutral about it myself. Knowing that this was developed on the side and not as something official per se also helps with not being disappointed that they spent time in this when there's so much that needs to be added to the base game.
    The patch itself is going to blow my mind regardless since it comes with terrain manipulation so...
    One thing I didn't get was: what is so funny about it? What is it exactly what the gurus found so hilarious about this small feature? I was confused by that more than by the feature itself.

I think it was mostly just Steve who thought it was hilarious.

But agreed the terrain tools and self employment are definitely the real stars of the patch for me. And that is already a whole lot.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Real babies
    SimTrippy wrote: »

But agreed the terrain tools and self employment are definitely the real stars of the patch for me. And that is already a whole lot.

I'm ready for those. Can't wait for my archaeologist to be employed. Not sure how much ill use the terrain although it looks easier than in previous games.

Then I am very excited for the new EP with the reputation and all the other features.

I must say something sims 4 has been doing well is keeping all packs integrated instead of self contained.
    06Bon06 wrote: »

I'm ready for those. Can't wait for my archaeologist to be employed. Not sure how much ill use the terrain although it looks easier than in previous games.

Then I am very excited for the new EP with the reputation and all the other features.

I must say something sims 4 has been doing well is keeping all packs integrated instead of self contained.

I absolutely agree with your last statement! I like how when I buy new packs, features of others are expanded on. Like new events in the seasons calendar, for example. The only system they don't seem to do this with is the parenting system for some bizarre reason :D
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    CAW

It didn't work in his favour from what I can tell. I've just seen people claiming they are unsubbing and he still has around 3k views the last time I checked, quit a big difference to some of his other videos. I hope this time he learns that he is in a position where his views and comments he makes are influential and hyping something up to sound like it is going to be something that it's not, is not a great idea.
    2UFyFUV.png

edited November 2018
    vikixc wrote: »

It didn't work in his favour from what I can tell. I've just seen people claiming they are unsubbing and he still has around 3k views the last time I checked, quit a big difference to some of his other videos. I hope this time he learns that he is in a position where his views and comments he makes are influential and hyping something up to sound like it is going to be something that it's not, is not a great idea.

Not a fan of that particular YouTuber (frankly, I think he's annoying but that's beside the point) but let's be fair, that's pretty much in line with his usual view count. I honestly think it is bizarre to hate on someone just for being excited about something I don't care for. I don't feel betrayed by that. Is he purposefully "overhyping" something just because he is rly excited about it? I mean, sure, he is a YouTuber, but does that take away his right to an opinion? Like, I watch a lot of film reviews, because I find them relaxing. They help me focus at work and I love some of their editing skills. But if it so happens, and it does, that one of my go-to reviewers is over the moon excited about a film but then when I watch it, I really don't see it - that won't make me stop watching their reviews, nor will it make me feel angry or betrayed ... I mean, rly, just because they have a different opinion? Tbh, If people used to like his videos and now suddenly stop watching them simply because he had "the audacity" to feel excited about something .. well, then he may be better off without those viewers.
  • meenakshimeenakshi Posts: 46 Member
    oof  
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    teajaylove wrote: »
    I am not disappointed at all. I can't wait to play with it!

Do you play a lot of rpgs? Simmers really don't care about MMORPG features at all.

Simmers do care about those features, as I am one. I've been playing since The Sims. I actually don't even like most first person games, but I like the aspect of being able to "play" as your sim.

But was this a game changer request or those over on twitter? Because I know many people here who have been stating for years they can't play 1st person games for many reasons and not something they wanted in The Sims series. For those very reasons. Time, talent and money went for this, even if it was one talented developer. If you go back and search for this request four years ago, it didn't get a lot responses other than those who said they didn't want it.

It wasn't a request at all. One guru just did it for fun, that's all there is to it.

I don't know, the game changer said he had been wanting this forever. ETA: And if it's just for fun, then will that team who makes the free content be adding anything this month? or did they help fix this up to add to game?

SimGuruGhost made this on his free time as a joke. Then he continued adding to it , again on his free time. The only thing the official team do was polish it a bit before adding it to the game. I don't get exactly what you mean,when you say if the team who makes the free content will be adding anything else this month? You mean besides the terrain tools, the new career and the self employment option? Can you elaborate please? Aren't those enough?

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Real babies
    geminiagre wrote: »

Do you play a lot of rpgs? Simmers really don't care about MMORPG features at all.

Simmers do care about those features, as I am one. I've been playing since The Sims. I actually don't even like most first person games, but I like the aspect of being able to "play" as your sim.

But was this a game changer request or those over on twitter? Because I know many people here who have been stating for years they can't play 1st person games for many reasons and not something they wanted in The Sims series. For those very reasons. Time, talent and money went for this, even if it was one talented developer. If you go back and search for this request four years ago, it didn't get a lot responses other than those who said they didn't want it.

It wasn't a request at all. One guru just did it for fun, that's all there is to it.

I don't know, the game changer said he had been wanting this forever. ETA: And if it's just for fun, then will that team who makes the free content be adding anything this month? or did they help fix this up to add to game?

SimGuruGhost made this on his free time as a joke. Then he continued adding to it , again on his free time. The only thing the official team do was polish it a bit before adding it to the game. I don't get exactly what you mean,when you say if the team who makes the free content will be adding anything else this month? You mean besides the terrain tools, the new career and the self employment option? Can you elaborate please? Aren't those enough?

I can’t believe that one thing that disappointed some people has made them completely forgot about all the other things coming in this patch.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member

I can’t believe that one thing that disappointed some people has made them completely forgot about all the other things coming in this patch.

I can. :)
    Real babies

I can. :)
    True :D

Imagine if first person had come with toddlers (announced like this.) It would have gone from “OMG TODDLERS” to “ugh we never get anything we really want” so fast you’d get whiplash.
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    Cars
    I watched The Sim Supply on YouTube, a video of him playing the Get Famous pack, and he noticed that all the new lots had driveways, and that the streets were filled with cars. So my guess is cars. I hope that it's something else though. Could not care less about cars or bicycles.

I hope it's either more realistic age stages or CAW or Color wheel. But I doubt it.
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    psykt wrote: »
    I watched The Sim Supply on YouTube, a video of him playing the Get Famous pack, and he noticed that all the new lots had driveways, and that the streets were filled with cars. So my guess is cars. I hope that it's something else though. Could not care less about cars or bicycles.

I hope it's either more realistic age stages or CAW or Color wheel. But I doubt it.

The mystery feature was announced at Friday's livestream. It's first person camera view.
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    Cars
    @simgirl1010 Aaah. Seriously? I get that some people might want that but for me it's pretty underwhelming.
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Attraction system

No, they were fooling around joking with this, while working late one night. Or did you miss that? Then he worked on this some more during spare time. The the team had to do some things to fix it up. Some of that was while being paid by Maxis.

And for the other question are the things they are going to release in a patch, terrain tools, etc. enough? Well, honestly no. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Real babies

No, they were fooling around joking with this, while working late one night. Or did you miss that? Then he worked on this some more during spare time. The the team had to do some things to fix it up. Some of that was while being paid by Maxis.

And for the other question are the things they are going to release in a patch, terrain tools, etc. enough? Well, honestly no. :p

Seriously. And even if there was some help from the other devs, it’s not like this would have been something that would have required a ton of time, unlike terrain tools.

And are you seriously saying that this huge patch isn’t good enough for you? What would they need to do to impress you?
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

Seriously. And even if there was some help from the other devs, it’s not like this would have been something that would have required a ton of time, unlike terrain tools.

And are you seriously saying that this huge patch isn’t good enough for you? What would they need to do to impress you?

I'm Guessing the "We're Sorry" free EP With everything from Sims 2 and 3 that isn't in Sims 4.
    Including CASt, Open world, Cars, CAW, Horses, deer... Everything. Including DLC stuff.