Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 news from EA: pack download nos., game future

Comments

• Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have everything except: Seasons, C&D, GF, JA, MFPS, Vampires, and Outdoor Retreat. I kinda regret getting Spooky Stuff. I haven't used anything from that pack even in CAS. I have everything else.

Pre-ordered GF for the Influencer career and the Sims from TS2 and TS3. I will wait for another EP to come out to build a bundle.
    Post edited by EricasFreePlay on
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Spooky stuff has definitely become more useful since seasons

That's true! For instance, I love Halloween, but I keep forgetting to put it on my Sims event calendar. Opps! I only wish our Sims children could go trick-or-treating too. It's a little disappointing. Ah well, could always throw a Halloween/Spooky party for my Sims children. That might be fun. Lots of families around here in real life do that instead of trick-or-treating anyway and then have an adult party afterward! ;)

Now, I just need to remember to put it on that darn calendar! o.O *ties string on finger*

Me to Hubby: "Hey Honey, why'd I put this string on my finger? I don't remember."
    Hubby: "Uhhhh...hmmm, I don't remember either, sorry."

D'oh! :p

Back on topic: Like I said, I don't regret having Spooky Stuff, I just haven't used it much. I'm sure that will change now that I can have bigger households with more children in my game. I had to limit Sims when playing on my old laptop. But now, sky's the limit! So knowing TS4 will go on for quite awhile yet makes me very happy. I'm discovering so many things I missed, so it's like a totally new game to me. I've just begun to explore and having so much fun doing it! :)

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    No regrets here. I got mostly everything on sale or in bundles. And I like the ones I got at full price.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    No regrets here. No pack is perfect, but I'm not mad i purchased what I have. I've not bought vampires or MFPS and until i feel they are worth my money I'll hold off now. Kudos, to EA.

-Ty
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,534 Member
    Looks like Sims 4 is doing well!

Now I'm curious. Do you have packs you bought but wish you'd skipped completely? I don't have any for Sims 4, though that's how I was with Sims 3 Generations, and until I had Dine Out, I got very little use out of Kitchen Stuff.

This is good news. Hopefully it will go beyond 3 years now. I love TS4.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,534 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    No regrets here. No pack is perfect, but I'm not mad i purchased what I have. I've not bought vampires or MFPS and until i feel they are worth my money I'll hold off now. Kudos, to EA.

-Ty

Vampires adds a lot of Halloween Themed buy build objects. There is a spider web that spawns a spider crawling across it. Also it has build items that lets you make Victorian Haunted Looking Houses easier.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    W
    Looks like Sims 4 is doing well!

Now I'm curious. Do you have packs you bought but wish you'd skipped completely? I don't have any for Sims 4, though that's how I was with Sims 3 Generations, and until I had Dine Out, I got very little use out of Kitchen Stuff.

This is good news. Hopefully it will go beyond 3 years now. I love TS4.

I'm with you there but the three years is nice to know either way :)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @simcher I’m so sorry to hear about your mother. That is an awful thing to go through. My heart goes out to you.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »

-Ty

Vampires adds a lot of Halloween Themed buy build objects. There is a spider web that spawns a spider crawling across it. Also it has build items that lets you make Victorian Haunted Looking Houses easier.

I haven't even thought of using the vampire pack decor with the spiders.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    No, I don't have any packs I've regretted purchasing. I'm loving this game, and have been particularly discerning in my purchases. I don't have Vampires and I'm not sorry in the least. I've also withheld purchasing My First Pet, although I may in the future. It's still up in the air. I will be purchasing GF, but probably on the day of its release, since it falls on payday for us. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I don’t regret any of my purchases. I haven’t got My First Pet, Cool Kitchen or Vintage Glamour. I probably won't buy MFP but I will buy the other two if SPs ever go on sale again.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Outdoor Retreat for me was the most disappointment because there wasn't many activities to do while there. I was comparing it to Sims2 camping. It may be more fun now? I do love cas and build/buy and herbal making but the "camping experience" seemed lacking. Other than that I don't regret buying any packs. I use just about everything, but also forget some items I have such as the vanity table.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Doing well but they still cut the content.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    None that I wish I'd skipped completely because there are elements of all that I use regularly (even if its just CAS items) But I'd list Outdoor Retreat, Get Together, and Pet Stuff as my least favorites that I use the least. In that order.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018
    Well then, no excuses about small budgets and time anymore right? 30 million downloads is a big chunk of change, and no more excuses for cheap content, (ballpit etc.) lack of lots, gameplay and or half baked ideas. And certainly no more excuses for bugs if it's doing that good well. None , Period. Oh, and yeah, I regretted buying Cool Kitchen, too. That was a really cheap made stuff pack considering I have seen more counter types or recolors in custom content for free. But I wanted that icecream bucket. Rarely used those counters.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    No regrets on anything I've bought. I haven't even used maybe half of the features in them yet, and some of the interactions annoy the plum out of me, but on the whole, I've been very happy with my Sims 4 journey.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited October 2018
    Being a best seller does not mean that the game is good, it just means that the marketing has done a good job of spreading the game. And to be honest the EA marketing team must be the best in the world, to be able to make the most ill-accepted game of the franchise in one of the best-selling.
    Also, youtubers are doing part of the job playing everyday for thousands and thousands of children, teenagers and young adults to watch... Almost all of them will buy a Sims game at some point.
    At least they are fizing the major mistakes they made in this iteration.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m curious to know what this 30 million entails. All dlc? Including console? Over four years the number isn’t that significant.
    Single player games aren’t dead despite what EA want you to believe. Perhaps for them yes they want everyone playing a live service game because then they can charge you big $. In the bigger picture that is not the future of gaming. That’s EA’s tactics.

Red Dead Redemption 2 a single player offline game has sold over ten million copies in three days, smashed the record for the biggest launch in entertainment history and made sales of over $725 million dollars. In three days. Think where the numbers will be in three months.

As for a pack I regret? Cool kitchen I think.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited November 2018
    This is great! It even said the game has had a surge in recent years with sales. The base game has sold over 10 million copies which isn’t a small number by any means. Especially considering that’s also the same as sims 3s sales. The 30 million isn’t even counting base game just expansion downloads (not game packs or stuff packs) so that’s really great! Not sure why anyone would try to downgrade this. From my understanding this also was just PC sales but may be wrong. Go Sims!!!!

Anyway I don’t own it all yet but so far no regrets. I have a few things I’m not planning on buying but I love all of the content I have purchased. I tend to get good use out of each.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well in the EA statement it says Expansions. I'll take that at face value. Some won't. 30 million EP's is no small cheese no matter if it's bought on sale or not.
    Some didn't believe the 5 million pin thing from 2 years ago and that was confirmed later.
    Does anyone remember if it was actually said that Seasons or Pets was the biggest seller? Or was that speculation too? I'm wondering. Would love to know what EP's most people have for curiosities sake.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Well in the EA statement it says Expansions. I'll take that at face value. Some won't. 30 million EP's is no small cheese no matter if it's bought on sale or not.
    Some didn't believe the 5 million pin thing from 2 years ago and that was confirmed later.
    Does anyone remember if it was actually said that Seasons or Pets was the biggest seller? Or was that speculation too? I'm wondering. Would love to know what EP's most people have for curiosities sake.

I have all the packs for every sims game including all store content (2 & 3) for every sims game and all pre-order content ever made, and every bit of free content other businesses ever had with Sims games - all official content ever made - so far - and i still play with all 2, 3, and 4 - thus far. NO regrets for any of it. THUS far - I live one day at a time - so I will not say what I will do in the future until the future is here - for sure. I no longer do pre-orders because of this. But I have no qualms about sales - one way or the other.

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I have everything but Parenthood and the Toddler stuff pack, but only because I tend to play single sims or childless couples. I don't regret buying any of them, even My First Pet. In my home builds, I tend to use a little bit of everything. Same goes for outfits I'll make for my sims.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    Well then, no excuses about small budgets and time anymore right? 30 million downloads is a big chunk of change, and no more excuses for cheap content, (ballpit etc.) lack of lots, gameplay and or half baked ideas. And certainly no more excuses for bugs if it's doing that good well. None , Period. Oh, and yeah, I regretted buying Cool Kitchen, too. That was a really cheap made stuff pack considering I have seen more counter types or recolors in custom content for free. But I wanted that icecream bucket. Rarely used those counters.

It comes down to what budget EA give back to 4. A lot of the profit from EA’s biggest games go back to support/grow older games.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited November 2018
    I’m curious to know what this 30 million entails. All dlc? Including console? Over four years the number isn’t that significant.
    Single player games aren’t dead despite what EA want you to believe. Perhaps for them yes they want everyone playing a live service game because then they can charge you big $. In the bigger picture that is not the future of gaming. That’s EA’s tactics.

Red Dead Redemption 2 a single player offline game has sold over ten million copies in three days, smashed the record for the biggest launch in entertainment history and made sales of over $725 million dollars. In three days. Think where the numbers will be in three months.

As for a pack I regret? Cool kitchen I think.

Just expansions. The base game is at 10 million.

Let’s put it this way. The WHOLE Sims franchise (including console, spin offs, handheld etc) hit 100 million in 2007.

The Sims 4 has hit 40 million with the base game and Expansions alone.

Red Dead and GTA V, come from the “Adele” of the Gaming industry “Rockstar”. Which means they are a once in a lifetime act that sell more than even the biggest acts in the field. Adele’s selling the same amount of albums as some of the biggest artists of all time, and she’s doing it when music sales are on an all time low.

They built their audience by including controversial content over the years and now Rockstar is taking things more seriously with Red Dead.

Rockstar exist where they are now thanks to GTA, which got popular because it’s content is basically everything that’s illegal in the real world. And that audience then bleeds into Rockstars other franchise.

It’s not really a game or company that EA can compare to. If EA made an adult Sims that included content from GTA, it would be huge.
  • Options
    Cupid wrote: »
    There aren't any that I wish I'd skipped completely, though there are more than a few that I wish I had waited for a sale before buying. To this day I don't know why I ever bought Kids Room Stuff, the last time I played with a child sim was maybe two years ago.. but it was only five bucks so even that I don't really have any regrets over.

Ya I'm debating whether I want it or not. Maybe?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top