Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 news from EA: pack download nos., game future

luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Looks like Sims 4 is doing well!

Now I'm curious. Do you have packs you bought but wish you'd skipped completely? I don't have any for Sims 4, though that's how I was with Sims 3 Generations, and until I had Dine Out, I got very little use out of Kitchen Stuff.
EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    There aren't any that I wish I'd skipped completely, though there are more than a few that I wish I had waited for a sale before buying. To this day I don't know why I ever bought Kids Room Stuff, the last time I played with a child sim was maybe two years ago.. but it was only five bucks so even that I don't really have any regrets over.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I haven’t had much use for the patio stuff pack yet.
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I own every pack currently available (and my preorder is in :D) and since I've used content from them all so to me, they were all well worth buying. Congrats to The Sims 4 on its numbers. It's good to see that there seems to be plans to keep the game around for a while, hopefully with lots more content to add to my collection.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited October 2018
    Well that's a bit. Cool beans :) (editted cause I duhhed out)

And no for me no I'm not sorry I've bought any of them. I could have probably missed buying the kids and toddler stuff packs since I really don't play those stages a whole lot.. and the rest of the game would have eventually filled in for the clothing and such with EP's ect .. but I'm not sorry I bought it. It's cute stuff when I use it.
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have everything except: Seasons, C&D, GF, JA, MFPS, Vampires, and Outdoor Retreat. I kinda regret getting Spooky Stuff. I haven't used anything from that pack even in CAS. I have everything else.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    In all my years of playing the different Sims games, the only thing I wished I never bought was Sims 3 for the console. As far as packs, I don't regret any of the packs.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,899 Member
    I haven't had regrets about buying any packs. Even if I don't use certain features, like rodents and owning retail/restaurants, I still enjoy the build/buy/cas stuff. Maaaybe Spooky stuff...? We don't celebrate Halloween where I live and I don't think any of my many many sims have an actual costume, but I can at least use some of it for Seasons Harvest, I guess.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    My family is really fabulous. I have purposefully not purchased several packs for various reasons but I usually end up with them. My family knows how much I love the sims and they buy me missing content for Christmas and my Birthday even when I tell them not to. I am so grateful. Sometimes it even works out. I had no idea I would love laundry. We did have to have a talk about getting packs on sale only. Many of the packs are so stripped down they are just not worth full price now.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I only purchase packs on sale at 50% off or more, so no regrets for my purchases. I pay only what I believe each pack is worth. The next EP is only worth about $10, at least from everything I have seen and heard this far.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Diesel Stuff and the car stuff pack from TS3 are my regret-purchases. No real regrets thus far from TS4. I've become more of a builder these days, so the build/buy content has become a lot more of an interest factor when it comes to new packs.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I don't really dislike any of the packs but I don't really use vampires. And it's a nice pack, but it's the one I use the least and honestly, I wish we could just turn vampires off cause I still want all the stuff that came with the pack. My avi was a vampire for a hot minute and it was fun, but it's just not my style of playing.

It's okay for a change here and there, but I'd rather have witches. I tend to play more realistic and vampires are bit too fantasy for me.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SimCherSimCher Posts: 41 Member
    I'm not sure where to post this, but I haven't been playing much. My Mother passed away 3 weeks ago, so today was the first time I've played in awhile and the game is treating me like a new player. When I signed it, all the packs popped up as if I was a new player??? I had a lot of mods and CC that was gone. When I went to documents> Ea, there was no mods folder. I didn't even think there was an update in the last couple weeks, was there?? My game is also blurry, so my settings have been changed and it was not at my end. I am the only one that has access to this computer. The worst part is that all my saved games are gone. I read where someone added a new sim, so they could retrieve their saves. There is nothing under my save file other than the one Sim I added today. I am mad as a hornet and will quit playing Sims for good if this cant be fixed. How on earth did this happen?? :( Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have all the packs too. And i don't regret any of them. In fact I'm sad i didn't get the Digital Deluxe Base Game. As a builder even if a pack doesn't appeal to me in terms of gameplay, I always end up using the bb items. For example i rarely take my sims bowling , but i looooove all the items it came with. The only pack i could "live" without , is my first pet stuff and that only if i HAD to.
  • Options
    pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    I have all EPs, SPs and GPs and don't regret any, sometimes I do Vampires, because I find them annoying, since the game turns so many into vampires and then they are knocking on my Sims door every single night! Once the old man vamp came while a townie vamp was already on my sims porch! And I had garlic hanging on the porch and it took them forever to finally go away!

But I like a lot of the clothes and furnishings!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • Options
    SimCherSimCher Posts: 41 Member
    I found a back up from a year ago. I don't know what to do with it though. When I open it my saved games are there from a year ago. How do I get those saved games into my current game? Thank you. I am so upset.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,605 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Well that's a bit so we know Sims 4 base game has sold at least 30 million. Cool beans :)

And no for me no I'm not sorry I've bought any of them. I could have probably missed buying the kids and toddler stuff packs since I really don't play those stages a whole lot.. and the rest of the game would have eventually filled in for the clothing and such with EP's ect .. but I'm not sorry I bought it. It's cute stuff when I use it.

Yep so happy that the game is selling very well!

And as for packs I have no regrets for them, No matter how small or big they are each of thrm adds excitement and fun to my game.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Good news! More simming in the future.

I only have the Expacs and Game packs. None of the stuff packs. Wondering if I should dip on one of them, but not sure which.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited October 2018
    For me, I skipped on Fitness Stuff. Sure, there's a rock wall, earbuds, and exercise vids, but unless it really goes on sale or I can win it, it's not really one I'm actively searching for. I just can't find any use of it for me.

As for regrets, none at the moment. I haven't fully explored everything from what I got, but it's nice having options when I feel I'm ready for them.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
    I kind of regret the Parenthood pack. I love most of the content, but the advice pop-ups are about to drive me crazy. I always click the fist options without even reading them, but it's enough to pull me out of whatever I was doing in game.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    My first pets stuff. I mean I waited almost 2 months and I only bought because I was "Well I gotta get it eventually". I don't put clothes on pets really, the pieces of furnishing it comes with are nice for kids rooms but I don't like how they match perfectly with the kids room set from C&D and just not enough cas for human sims which is the main reason for me buying SPs.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I saw a tweet from someone else about this earlier today, but anyway, fabulous news eh?!

As for any packs I regret having, I don't use Spooky Stuff very often, but I don't regret it. I use all the packs I currently own, adore most of them and would love to have a few I don't own yet such as; Cats & Dogs, Jungle Adventure, Bowling Night, Kids Room, maybe Fitness and possibly Get Famous. <3
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    I'm happy but also not happy at the same time. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Actually backing up I'm probably wrong here. I read the article and it says if it's sold over 10 million that means the average buyer has bought at least 3 EP's. We really still don't know how many base games sold. Oppsy. Still doing well though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    edited October 2018
    "We see a long future for this game and its thriving community"

Wonderful news!

As for the packs I'd be hard pressed to pick one to give up. :)

I also think each pack was definitely worth the money.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I saw a tweet from someone else about this earlier today, but anyway, fabulous news eh?!

As for any packs I regret having, I don't use Spooky Stuff very often, but I don't regret it. I use all the packs I currently own, adore most of them and would love to have a few I don't own yet such as; Cats & Dogs, Jungle Adventure, Bowling Night, Kids Room, maybe Fitness and possibly Get Famous. <3

Spooky stuff has definitely become more useful since seasons

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top