Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: “5 years in and we’re just warming up”

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
What’s it like working on #sims4 with @kritzer while being filmed by @cnn crew for a special on voicing this amazing game??? Well, kinda exactly like this!!!! 5 years on this game and we’re just getting warmed up, can’t wait for this new game patch to drop!!!! #sims #ea#playwithlife #itsinthegame #voiceactor#dayjob #ilovemyjob people have been writing asking, well now finally you’ll see a bit of the behind the scenes!

Screenshot_20180924-105418_Instagram-1-e1537779620552.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I think this strengthens the argument of those job applications not being for The Sims 5, and more likely a spin off.

I do think they’ll start working on the Sims 5 soon though. But they’ll probably keep it hush hush and won’t publicly advertise in the way they do now.

We didn’t know anything about The Sims 4’s hiring process because they used code words and didn’t mention the Sims at all.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What does it matter? They have stated publicly that there are years left in S4, so it doesn't matter if S5 in in works or not. It won't see the light of day until S4 has run it's course.

In my humble opinion, yes, S5 is in the beginning phase somewhere being talked about in some form or another. Maybe at the end of S4 meetings where it's brought up as a way to stay informed or just over the water cooler with ideas being shared for "the next version". Nothing will officially be announced for years, so speculation, while fun to discuss, is really pretty much useless in the end.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    To be fair, this means nothing for a sims 5. This just means that the voice actors are making content for the sims 4. That shouldn’t be a surprise as the devs are still working on the sims 4. I agree with @JoAnne65
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I think this strengthens the argument of those job applications not being for The Sims 5, and more likely a spin off.

I do think they’ll start working on the Sims 5 soon though. But they’ll probably keep it hush hush and won’t publicly advertise in the way they do now.

We didn’t know anything about The Sims 4’s hiring process because they used code words and didn’t mention the Sims at all.

There has been zero advertisements for any new Sims game, what we know we know from job listings which are not advertisements. We knew Sims 4 was in-dev in 2008 when one of the character moddelers tweeted about it. This is just a show which takes a look behind the scenes of things. It offers no reason to speculate what you are speculating, you’re grasping for straws for the sake of it.

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Since Sims 4 is sounds it will be taking longer, I hope that stuff like more occults, lounge chairs, swimming oceans, and improved babies, etc, are going to be worked on and put into it within those years.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited September 2018
    "Seasons' is just the tip of the iceberg" , "we’re just getting warmed up" ... The Sims Studio try to keep the community focus on The Sims 4 for the next 3 years at least.

The Sims 5 or not, the game won't be released tomorrow.

From a marketing point of view, talking about TS5 will slow down the sales of the current products.
    We're talking about millions of dollars of revenue.

I trust Maxis, without telling these sentences there is a long time ago I know the best part is coming, TS2 and TS3 already proved it.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

This is getting dumb. Why do people hate the idea of sims 5 being created? Its not going to be released for another five years. So course there going to realesed more stuff? Besides they do this with the previous games?Why do people expec this to be any different?
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The OP is speculating using exactly the same quantity of information that the pro-Sims 5 crowd is. I'm not certain he deserves to be eviscerated and flogged over the matter.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018
    I like to see how things are done in these games so thanks for the info. But the statement it's been five years and they are just getting warmed up...I don't know, it sure has taken quite awhile for them to get warmed up. Because as I said in my feedback discussing most games are ending in this series after the four year mark rolls around...and full games by that point, TS4 is going to need three more? Because they are just now getting warmed up? ;) I know that's not what they meant, but still it gets food to someone like me to pick at it, lol, and to point out yeah, The other three were so full by then they had to end them before it caused computer melt downs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    The OP is speculating using exactly the same quantity of information that the pro-Sims 5 crowd is. I'm not certain he deserves to be eviscerated and flogged over the matter.

I don't think anyone is giving her any more flogging and evisceration than she's given other simmers, though. ;)

She makes some good points. Others make good counterpoints.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    I'd ask everyone stop eviscerating and flogging everyone else in any thread, please. Let's just be respectful and courteous to one and other - we all have different opinions and take different meaning from comments. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I would think they would learn their lesson from the Sims 4 launch and keep much of the planning for a hypothetical Sims 5 in house. We saw what happened when they brought in someone from outside to manage it -- object babies, no toddlers, teens that feel like miniature adults, and a lot of party stuff. The game has improved from those early days but the launch still has left a mark.

The Sims series is unlike any game out there. I feel like they need someone who understands the game and the community; we're a pretty passionate bunch and if we don't like something we don't hesitate to speak up. That's the main reason I don't think the job postings are for Sims 5 but rather for a spinoff game.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I like to see how things are done in these games so thanks for the info. But the statement it's been five years and they are just getting warmed up...I don't know, it sure has taken quite awhile for them to get warmed up. Because as I said in my feedback discussing most games are ending in this series after the four year mark rolls around...and full games by that point, TS4 is going to need three more? Because they are just now getting warmed up? ;) I know that's not what they meant, but still it gets food to someone like me to pick at it, lol, and to point out yeah, The other three were so full by then they had to end them before it caused computer melt downs.

To me, the base game wasn't really completed until January of 2017 when we finally got toddlers. Granted, they're probably the most adorable toddlers in the series, needing help in the early stages but becoming more self-sufficient as they get older and develop skills. We probably ended up with better toddlers than if they'd been shoehorned in at the last minute -- one of the problems with the current babies is that they ran out of time so we ended up with the objects instead.

If Sims 5 is indeed on the drawing board, I want them to take as long as needed to make the game and do it right. Fully developed worlds and Sims.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I have a little experience in voice over work in games and I've done some research of the industry and continue to explore information. I can tell you that usually the voice work is one of the last things done before the completion of a game project. So if these clips are recent, it could very well mean that it was done for an upcoming release, something that may be out within the next few months or so.

I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with whatever new project they are just now hiring for, whether it's Sims 5 or not. They would certainly not start with the voice work and let it sit through the entirety of the game's creation because a whole lot can change by the time it prepares for release.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited September 2018
    Just warming up? Should they have not started warming up a few years ago?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018

It's hard for me to get my head around their warming up statement. I know they mean they have plenty left they want to do, but it's been four years, and still Sims can't face each other dancing, no lounge chairs, no swimming in lakes and oceans, no chemistry system, no slow dance, (because they can't face each other.... :s ), no new aspirations or new life rewards to write home about (TS2 and TS3 by this time had dozens and dozens!) no cars, no motorbikes, no bikes, no colleges, no vacations, or vacation homes to buy, no tools to allow Simmers to create their own floors and walls, no tools to allow Simmers to create their own template towns, I mean good grief, four years feels like it's been hundreds with dribs and drab of content and what has dropped is more clothes and hair..big deal....where is the gameplay that expands this game? And where do they get 'five' years it's only four. lol. :o

ETA: It's almost to the point somone needs to ask what have you been doing? When all the other games had so much we couldn't even install it all sometimes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

It's hard for me to get my head around their warming up statement. I know they mean they have plenty left they want to do, but it's been four years, and still Sims can't face each other dancing, no lounge chairs, no swimming in lakes and oceans, no chemistry system, no slow dance, (because they can't face each other.... :s ), no new aspirations or new life rewards to write home about (TS2 and TS3 by this time had dozens and dozens!) no cars, no motorbikes, no bikes, no colleges, no vacations, or vacation homes to buy, no tools to allow Simmers to create their own floors and walls, no tools to allow Simmers to create their own template towns, I mean good grief, four years feels like it's been hundreds with dribs and drab of content and what has dropped is more clothes and hair..big deal....where is the gameplay that expands this game? And where do they get 'five' years it's only four. lol. :o

The voice actors would have been working on the game the year before its release. That's where five years comes from. They certainly didn't start work after it came out. :p
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Cinebar It sounds like they have not been warming up at all

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Slow boil.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

It should be red hot by now, but yet it feels lukewarm.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Almost as if they released the game while missing several core features and it took them some time to catch up on some of said features. 🤔

(I mean, to their credit, they did make it up by patching in lots of stuff, but they shouldn't have released the game in that state to begin with)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

It's more likely for TS5. It's getting about time for them to start making the next sims game. Now I'd be happy as well if it is a spin off.
  • Options

Seasons defiantly took TS4 in the right direction. Best Pack so far.
  • Options

ETA: It's almost to the point somone needs to ask what have you been doing? When all the other games had so much we couldn't even install it all sometimes.

Agreed but we do have vacations a camp site and a jungle location. Now we just need a tropical beach destination vacation or a cruise pack.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    @joAnne65 wrote:
    It doesn’t. Just because they’d be working on a Sims 5 doesn’t mean they stop working on Sims 4.
    Absolutely wrong , except foer the base game. As soon as the sims 5 will be released no more new sims 4. Same for older sims game , we know that.

I wish it's for the next sims 4 ep/sp at least ^^. That they need new voices for new type of activities or sims to come.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)