Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5? No thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    I remember saying that about TS4 a few years ago lol

Exactly !! I was also in denial when the rumor about TS 4 spreading :smiley: . Well I can say "been there, done that".

I came to this forum today to see if there is any news about TS 5. It should be around the corner now, or is it next year ?

It prob will come out 2021/22 (if it comes out)

Normally a sim game only have 5 year life span. TS 4 came out on 2014, so I expect it next year. All the simgurus were in the "hush hush" or in a silent mode at that time whenever we talked about the TS4 rumor until suddenly the news about TS 4 "wiped" us out.

We have at least three more years of TS4, so TS5 isn't coming any time soon. This game is going to last longer than the usual 5 years.

If that is true, then how come this year we get to speculate about TS5 where as last year this was all put over in off topic? Maybe it's closer than we think. And maybe hiring a few more to join the team meant they were ready to polish it up since usually they start the new game about one year into the current game. We really have no concrete knowledge of how long they have been designing TS5.
    Um, no it's just means that they are starting.They just put job applications.Its probably not coming in three years
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »

Exactly !! I was also in denial when the rumor about TS 4 spreading :smiley: . Well I can say "been there, done that".

I came to this forum today to see if there is any news about TS 5. It should be around the corner now, or is it next year ?

Normally a sim game only have 5 year life span. TS 4 came out on 2014, so I expect it next year. All the simgurus were in the "hush hush" or in a silent mode at that time whenever we talked about the TS4 rumor until suddenly the news about TS 4 "wiped" us out.

We have at least three more years of TS4, so TS5 isn't coming any time soon. This game is going to last longer than the usual 5 years.

If that is true, then how come this year we get to speculate about TS5 where as last year this was all put over in off topic? Maybe it's closer than we think. And maybe hiring a few more to join the team meant they were ready to polish it up since usually they start the new game about one year into the current game. We really have no concrete knowledge of how long they have been designing TS5.

On Twitter the devs have stated in numerous ways they are planning years of content for Sims 4. Don't think TS5 is around the corner.

Yep, and a brain storm session on Friday. But if they have enough ideas to last three more years, I don't understand why they need to skip a streaming session on Friday, to attend another brainstorming session for TS4. Seems like they would have made plans and get on with it because they had already said they had enough for three more years. Unless...the session is for ideas of the new game. :p

It's not a TS4 brainstorming session. It's an across-Maxis session aiming more broadly than new pack ideas. It sounds like a really good creativity-boosting exercise.

Maybe EA/Maxis are introducing their new programmers to the old ones and getting their ideas into the mix. SimGuruSalo looks promising as on Twitter he said that he has played the Sims from the age of 10 from The Sims onwards.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Um, no it's just means that they are starting.They just put job applications.Its probably not coming in three years

Maybe not, but those posts said 'the team is growing! join the team' so not to beat a dead horse, but that means they already had a team if the team is growing. And that would mean we don't know how long they have already been working on this new game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

On Twitter the devs have stated in numerous ways they are planning years of content for Sims 4. Don't think TS5 is around the corner.

Yep, and a brain storm session on Friday. But if they have enough ideas to last three more years, I don't understand why they need to skip a streaming session on Friday, to attend another brainstorming session for TS4. Seems like they would have made plans and get on with it because they had already said they had enough for three more years. Unless...the session is for ideas of the new game. :p

It's not a TS4 brainstorming session. It's an across-Maxis session aiming more broadly than new pack ideas. It sounds like a really good creativity-boosting exercise.

Maybe EA/Maxis are introducing their new programmers to the old ones and getting their ideas into the mix. SimGuruSalo looks promising as on Twitter he said that he has played the Sims from the age of 10 from The Sims onwards.

Having a few actual Simmers (and those who started out as Simmers young) sounds promising :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Having a few actual Simmers (and those who started out as Simmers young) sounds promising :smile:

Notice she said 'new games' wouldn't she have said new content and new packs if it were about TS4? :) Must be a meeting about future projects and the new game they are building in my humble opinion.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Nope please not yet Sims 4 still has lots of ground to cover and I can't wait to see what other things they make for this game :D
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Will never buy a Sims 5 if it is online mmo type game as they indicate. So no for me.

I had already decided not to buy Sims 4 when they first planned to go there with this one - then they changed it. In fact simmers left in droves. But when they changed it - we came back. Simmers by and large hated Sims online - they never got more than 2000 players and why it always fails - I will never buy such a game.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Duende wrote: »
    YOU ARE ALL WALKING BLINDLY

As someone who has been playing in this franchise for years I'll tell you right away EA is robbing everyone. Look at what

happened when a multitude of players boycotted "Star Wars Battlefront II". The power is in the hands of us, the consumers not

those rapicicious, blistering money hungry hounds. If we would make a generic agreement to not purchasing the next pack they

released with meagre content, we could see more quality and speed put into making these packs. Think about it: Some of you

have children, others are in college, some are just starting new jobs in their lives. Do you really want to wait until your kid

turns five years older, until you graduate or earn a promotion to THEN have TS4 "complete"? What they're doing is ridiculous

and needs to be stopped. TS3 put out good content every three months, but TS4 insists on dragging production to gain more

money YEARLY. Don't give me the, "They're working hard/It takes time!" when there are hundreds, if not thousands of

young, bright and clever graduates with degrees in Computer Engineering, Art, Graphic design, Project Management, English,

Communications, History et cetera, that can lend a voice to boost the quality put into these pitiful packs. There are Marketing

students who can collaborate and pitch ideas on how to hit releases at every three months. What EA needs to do is host

discussions with people qualified as aforementioned to gain insight and even better, graduates who are Simmers themselves.

You can tackle recent-graduate unemployment and the arid conditions TS4 has been experiencing in its quality + quantity

department. Kill two birds with one stone.

tenor.gif

You are aware EA employees 9500 people at EA - right? That is 3 times the amount of people living in my entire town. They don't need more people - believe me - EA is huge.

Yes, but not all of those work in the Maxis studio.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    But the fact remains the Maxis studios have many devs who even worked on the earlier games - they are not lacking in talent - many of my family members and friends are in this business, and this company is known to hire some of the best people out there - my middle son is a C++ and C# programmer - and he says they have the talent - so that is not the issue. He tells me that this game is not a game many developers would ever choose to work on - it is extremely hard to make and requires far more than most developers and programmers would want to do. You cannot force people to make games they don't want to work on. Personally my son prefers working on Action games - mmo's and the like. - He gives their devs credit for having the stamina to keep doing what they do and he is not the first I have seen to remark the same.

My husband has been in computer since the 80's and just about every kid in my family has gone to college doing something to do with video games,IT, Networking, computer sciences, etc. Not a one would have choose to work for Maxis. LOL, even though they tell EA pay and benefits are great.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PRINCESSReyPRINCESSRey Posts: 403 Member
    May I ask everyone why does everyone have so much hatred against EA?

With all the issues in the world today shouldn't we be happy and lucky to have the freedom to play Sims 4.

In many countries they are blocked not because there game is not held to a higher standards they are blocked because they are don't believe in certain rights and political issues we are lucky because we have freedom to talk on these forums to make a positive change to the game and change it around.

EA Staff are humans like us and they deserve respect I hope we are all mindfull how blessed we are and the freedoms we do have because right now very little do.
  • Options
    MaziMazi Posts: 22 Member
    > @PRINCESSRey said:
    > May I ask everyone why does everyone have so much hatred against EA?
    >
    > With all the issues in the world today shouldn't we be happy and lucky to have the freedom to play Sims 4.
    >
    > In many countries they are blocked not because there game is not held to a higher standards they are blocked because they are don't believe in certain rights and political issues we are lucky because we have freedom to talk on these forums to make a positive change to the game and change it around.
    >
    > EA Staff are humans like us and they deserve respect I hope we are all mindfull how blessed we are and the freedoms we do have because right now very little do.

There is no hate, but don't forget that EA is know as the greediest corporate entity in the whole game industry.

They ruined and shudtown franchises with huge fanbases such as: Simcity, Command and Conquer, Dead Space, not to mention Westwood and Bullfrog studios.

Those are loved studios running since 90's so it's hard to understand the pain they've caused if you are below 25 years old.
  • Options
    Mazi wrote: »
    > @PRINCESSRey said:
    > May I ask everyone why does everyone have so much hatred against EA?
    >
    > With all the issues in the world today shouldn't we be happy and lucky to have the freedom to play Sims 4.
    >
    > In many countries they are blocked not because there game is not held to a higher standards they are blocked because they are don't believe in certain rights and political issues we are lucky because we have freedom to talk on these forums to make a positive change to the game and change it around.
    >
    > EA Staff are humans like us and they deserve respect I hope we are all mindfull how blessed we are and the freedoms we do have because right now very little do.

There is no hate, but don't forget that EA is know as the greediest corporate entity in the whole game industry.

They ruined and shudtown franchises with huge fanbases such as: Simcity, Command and Conquer, Dead Space, not to mention Westwood and Bullfrog studios.

Those are loved studios running since 90's so it's hard to understand the pain they've caused if you are below 25 years old.

I Remember and I don't forget that but there are many Game Companies or Companies that anyone could say is greedy at The end of the day staff have families who have to pay bills including medically unless we stop the hate this will be a continuous arguments of what is right or wrong I think in the end the peaceful solution don't buy the game or give your suggestions on making sims 5 better if not we are setting up a negative environments which teens use these forums.

We are teaching children not to post hateful comments online yet as Adults we are doing the same to EA staff why not focus on positive ideas and solutions the negative thoughts that others see on a Forum remember we are role models to youth as well. We tell them and preach to youth not post hateful comments hidden by a username and avatar yet we are not practicing what we preach.

If we want change then don't buy the game or give solutions but keep EA staff out of the Community they don't deserve this disrespect.
  • Options
    MaziMazi Posts: 22 Member
    Yeah, i agree that hate is always wrong. And anyway, those who makes horrible decisions at EA are just the corporate guys, not the developers. Those just follow what the "Bosses" tell them to do and they are forced to do that if they don't wanna lose their jobs.

Said that, Sims 5 must have a pretty big engine evolution along with big features we cannot have on Sims4, otherwise it will be pointless.

They had the chance to keep the Simcity franchise and integrate it with The Sims, so that when you build a city you can zoom in houses and then you'll be playing The Sims. I think this is a great idea because not only it adds an incredible depth to both games, but they could sell 2 games at once.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don’t see many hater comments towards the Gurus here. It’s rightfully dealt with by the moderators.

There is a difference between giving feedback and what you describe. Many people myself included have issues with EA for what they have done to many a beloved franchise over the years and dislike their business practises. With all due respect real life world problems are a completely separate issue and i kind of feel that by saying that it’s a polite way to say “stop complaining” I will alsways despise EA but it doesn’t mean I despise the Gurus. I believe they do their best.

The bottom line is the sims 4 is an expensive game, people pay a hell of a lot of money for it and yes they have the right to say “Actually I don’t like this” and their voices should be heard just as much as someone who adores the game and praises it to high heaven.
  • Options
    Well Everyone,
    I'm sorry if my voice was mistaken but you have to understand we are talking about staff what happen if there Teen saw what we said about the ceo's the EA team etc. or if you had a family member that worked for EA or Mavis while reading this post it wouldn't feel nice if I was a Child I cry seeing the conversations their could be famlies from EA and Mavis playing this game to the question is " How would you feel?" shouldn't we focus on the game itself not the staff , CEO's or upper management?

They are human like us pay the bills and go home to their families lets all focus on the game not the staff.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Mazi wrote: »
    Yeah, i agree that hate is always wrong. And anyway, those who makes horrible decisions at EA are just the corporate guys, not the developers. Those just follow what the "Bosses" tell them to do and they are forced to do that if they don't wanna lose their jobs.

Said that, Sims 5 must have a pretty big engine evolution along with big features we cannot have on Sims4, otherwise it will be pointless.

They had the chance to keep the Simcity franchise and integrate it with The Sims, so that when you build a city you can zoom in houses and then you'll be playing The Sims. I think this is a great idea because not only it adds an incredible depth to both games, but they could sell 2 games at once.

I separate the corporate suits and beancounters from the actual developers (SimGurus and the folks behind the scenes) who are just trying to do the best job they can within the limitations of budget and game engine. If you look at the early days of the game and compare to now you can see how far the devs have been able to take the game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SerxphicallySerxphically Posts: 19 Member
    I assume Sims 5 won't come out for a while as there are so many things EA are working on that it would be a waste to scrap it completely and work on a new game.
    everything is neon
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Well Everyone,
    I'm sorry if my voice was mistaken but you have to understand we are talking about staff what happen if there Teen saw what we said about the ceo's the EA team etc. or if you had a family member that worked for EA or Mavis while reading this post it wouldn't feel nice if I was a Child I cry seeing the conversations their could be famlies from EA and Mavis playing this game to the question is " How would you feel?" shouldn't we focus on the game itself not the staff , CEO's or upper management?

They are human like us pay the bills and go home to their families lets all focus on the game not the staff.

But the staff was mentioned by yourself wasn’t it not?

My Husband works for a major game studio. Very, very occasionally I see criticism of the devs there and it doesn’t bother me, it’s not singling him out. People are allowed to have a negative opinion of the games he makes, in fact he welcomes it. I don’t get upset by people making negative remarks, it doesn’t happen that often because the games they make are amazing and even if you don’t like the games most appreciate it for attention to detail and quality which can’t be denied. I don’t get upset at people criticising the games he makes. To be fair their devs don’t get criticism because again their games are excellent quality and very, very well received. (His last game is one of the top selling games ever to date) if the community criticises it’s critical of the Game and that’s absolutely fans rights to be critical or be vocal if they don’t like something.

The other reason he nor his colleagues don’t tend to get targeted is his work has a totally different attitude to social media where they aren’t allowed to identify themselves online as employees and they are very, very strict about their reputation and brand image and to be fair it works. Hence why I’m not actually going to name the company directly myself. I guess what I’m saying is my Husband isn’t encouraged to engage with their fan base via a professional twitter for example as a promotional exercise and even though I’m fairly certain that in most gaming households at least one of his games will be played there I’m very glad he can be anonymous online. The trouble is like anyone, once you put your life online you leave yourself open to scrutiny. The devs are very keen to chat to the community online which is fine and good but with the nice and positive remarks comes not so positive comments and as long as it’s not personal or insulting to a dev, I don’t see what’s wrong with that.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    I can't help but say it, I always enjoy your comments @MidnightAura :blush:

:star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited December 2018
    I believe that The Sims 4 will be their last. They even said just before TS4 launched that there may not be a Sims 5. If I remember right they said that the sales and reception of the Sims 4 may even dictate the mere possibility of a Sims 5. I still play TS2 and TS3 as well as TS4, and I'm not the only one, so they know that TS4 still has a lot of mileage with players. Of course, I can certainly be wrong, but that's my opinion.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @immskayleah My understanding of that article way back when was that if The Sims 4 did not "succeed" (in sales and their expectations) then they wouldn't create The Sims 5.
    But I've seen Sims 4 growing even more successful with each new EP release and there are many fans of it - granted I'm not one of them - and it's not nearly as popular as The Sims 3 was, but I think it's become successful enough that they could do a Sims 5.

And heck if The Sims 5 were to combine the very best from S3 and S4 they would find previous fans coming back and throwing their money at it. To me that would be a VERY wise business move for them to do that. Going backward with Sims 4 (no open world) was foolish & their downfall.

Sims 5 is a chance to redeem themselves...IF they do it right!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    Please, no Sims 5. I only just now got the Sims 4 last month because I refused to get it until it added things that I found essential, like toddlers. And even when I heard they did add it I was hesitant to spend my money on it because it seemed incomplete. They have a lot more content for the Sims 4 that needs to be added before they even think about a Sims 5.

I mean, they should at least cover everything the Sims 2/3 had, (university, witches or just more than 2 occult-types in general, etc....). Heck, I'd even spend money on a pack that better differentiates teens from adults or added pre-teens, because what we have now is... lacking, even with Parenthood. But, mostly, I want to see something *new* that would make even bothering to get this seem worth it.

But if they jump into the Sims 5 without filling this version of the Sims up, then that tells me that I shouldn't ever bother to "update" on the Sims again.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2018
    I believe that The Sims 4 will be their last. They even said just before TS4 launched that there may not be a Sims 5. If I remember right they said that the sales and reception of the Sims 4 may even dictate the mere possibility of a Sims 5. I still play TS2 and TS3 as well as TS4, and I'm not the only one, so they know that TS4 still has a lot of mileage with players. Of course, I can certainly be wrong, but that's my opinion.

what was said was there may not be a sims 5 if the sims 4 isn't successful.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    It's quite hilarious that people are already complaining about a game that's not even coming out for a few YEARS! lol
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

what was said was there may not be a sims 5 if the sims 4 isn't successful.

I hate to break this to you but the Sims 4? Already successful.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!