Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5? No thank you!

Comments

• Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I don't think we needed a Sims 4 when we got it, there was plenty more they could have done with Sims 3 and I was disappointed that it came to an end.
    There could have been more worlds, venues and careers as well as adventures, I think maybe the powers that be got bored and wanted to move on but I wanted more out of Sims 3.
    I did get Sims 4 about a year after it was released and I think it's ok but not in the same league as Sims 3.
    It would be nice to have a team to still work on Sims 3 but I do understand that it takes money.
    I hope they do not rush into Sims 5 and make a hot mess of it.
    I play Sims 4 and have bought all the extra sets to go with it but I don't think there is enough and it gets boring.
    They should do more with Sims 4 before even thinking about Sims 5. Bring back the store and the design wheel, body hair and worlds we can just buy like we had in Sims 3.
    It's too soon for Sims 5 and I have no idea what they could do with it to make it better.
  • Options
    rabidgummibearrabidgummibear Posts: 79 Member
    To my knowledge, EA has already posted jobs for the development of an entirely new standalone iteration of an established flagship behavioral simulation franchise. For what that's worth.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    Bring back the store and the design wheel, body hair and worlds we can just buy like we had in Sims 3.

No. Nope. Please, god, no.

That store was the greediest, most harmful thing EA has done to The Sims franchise. A million times worse than the likes of Pet Stuff. They gated retail behind an expensive and exclusive online purchase. To go through every other atrocity would take more words than this forum would allow.

This isn't to say the Store didn't have good content--the worlds especially were generally better than the ones sold in packs--but that's the problem; you had to pay for every little bit and you had to pay a lot.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Susiechan wrote: »
    I remember saying that about TS4 a few years ago lol

Exactly !! I was also in denial when the rumor about TS 4 spreading :smiley: . Well I can say "been there, done that".

I came to this forum today to see if there is any news about TS 5. It should be around the corner now, or is it next year ?

No later than 2021 hopefully :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    A Sims 5 should be made but not anytime soon.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    I only have my old sims 2 game with seasons, uni and the hobby expansion and it's more fun than sims 4 with all it's expansion packs. At least I can actually make "weirder" stories. And my sims don't have constant emotional whiplash. I think what I was hoping for with Sims 4 was that it would be Sims 2 with updated graphics and mechanics. But what I got was the Sims 1 basegame with updated graphics.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,358 Member
    To my knowledge, EA has already posted jobs for the development of an entirely new standalone iteration of an established flagship behavioral simulation franchise. For what that's worth.

WHAT? Is this true?!! How do you know that? I don’t know why but standalone gives me hope that we will finally get a game with EVERYTHING we want! Yeah I’m an optimist. :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »

WHAT? Is this true?!! How do you know that? I don’t know why but standalone gives me hope that we will finally get a game with EVERYTHING we want! Yeah I’m an optimist. :)

Yes, it's true. Maxis is building a triple A game, Sim title. It's a new game and usually a triple A game is The Sims. Side games don't rate triple A or get that big budget.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »

If it's being made now, it still wouldn't come out anytime soon. Base games take years to create.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

If it's being made now, it still wouldn't come out anytime soon. Base games take years to create.

TS4 was built in a year and a half. It was salvaged from Olympus and finished within 1 and 1/2 yrs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

TS4 was built in a year and a half. It was salvaged from Olympus and finished within 1 and 1/2 yrs.

If Sims 5 is just Olympus Round 2 I am deleting EA from my life

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,358 Member
    Yes, it's true. Maxis is building a triple A game, Sim title. It's a new game and usually a triple A game is The Sims. Side games don't rate triple A or get that big budget.

giphy.gif
  • Options

Yeah, but that's not typical, obviously. And it wasn't made from scratch in 1 1/2 years, either. Like you said, it was salvaged from Olympus so they did have something to work with.
  • Options

Yeah, but that's not typical, obviously. And it wasn't made from scratch in 1 1/2 years, either. Like you said, it was salvaged from Olympus so they did have something to work with.

Shame that that 'something' was not what all players wanted :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member

Exactly !! I was also in denial when the rumor about TS 4 spreading :smiley: . Well I can say "been there, done that".

I came to this forum today to see if there is any news about TS 5. It should be around the corner now, or is it next year ?

It prob will come out 2021/22 (if it comes out)

Normally a sim game only have 5 year life span. TS 4 came out on 2014, so I expect it next year. All the simgurus were in the "hush hush" or in a silent mode at that time whenever we talked about the TS4 rumor until suddenly the news about TS 4 "wiped" us out.
  • Options

Normally a sim game only have 5 year life span. TS 4 came out on 2014, so I expect it next year. All the simgurus were in the "hush hush" or in a silent mode at that time whenever we talked about the TS4 rumor until suddenly the news about TS 4 "wiped" us out.

Funny how it all went quiet for a few months after that. looking back there was not really that much to show...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

We have at least three more years of TS4, so TS5 isn't coming any time soon. This game is going to last longer than the usual 5 years.
  • Options

If Sims 5 is just Olympus Round 2 I am deleting EA from my life

LOL, yes, me too.
  • Options

We have at least three more years of TS4, so TS5 isn't coming any time soon. This game is going to last longer than the usual 5 years.

If that is true, then how come this year we get to speculate about TS5 where as last year this was all put over in off topic? Maybe it's closer than we think. And maybe hiring a few more to join the team meant they were ready to polish it up since usually they start the new game about one year into the current game. We really have no concrete knowledge of how long they have been designing TS5.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member

If that is true, then how come this year we get to speculate about TS5 where as last year this was all put over in off topic? Maybe it's closer than we think. And maybe hiring a few more to join the team meant they were ready to polish it up since usually they start the new game about one year into the current game. We really have no concrete knowledge of how long they have been designing TS5.

On Twitter the devs have stated in numerous ways they are planning years of content for Sims 4. Don't think TS5 is around the corner.
  • Options
    BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    After reading the job descriptions EA posted it seemed like they were in the early stages of hiring. Pretty sure the descriptions even said this was for a title that was in early development. Concept artists, character modelers, executive producer, software engineers. Looks like they might be putting together an initial team to decide the direction of the game.

I’m not sure if those job listings are still active. I do know that if these positions are not considered “mission critical” to EA the listings are likely to still be up and accepting applications. There is also the possibility that EA’s interviewing and hiring process is very slow. But those are just my guesses. If they’re looking at a 3 to 5 year development window there wouldn’t be a pressing need to pull together a full crew immediately. Likely this game, whatever it is, is still in its concept stage. I am honestly hoping for some fresh faces on this development team, especially for the executive and lead producer positions. Good games need good leadership to flourish. Throwing shade and snarking at your customers on twitter all day isn’t exactly the definition of good leadership...but I’m not going to name any names. 😗🎶
  • Options
    Pegasys wrote: »

On Twitter the devs have stated in numerous ways they are planning years of content for Sims 4. Don't think TS5 is around the corner.

Yep, and a brain storm session on Friday. But if they have enough ideas to last three more years, I don't understand why they need to skip a streaming session on Friday, to attend another brainstorming session for TS4. Seems like they would have made plans and get on with it because they had already said they had enough for three more years. Unless...the session is for ideas of the new game. :p
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »

Yep, and a brain storm session on Friday. But if they have enough ideas to last three more years, I don't understand why they need to skip a streaming session on Friday, to attend another brainstorming session for TS4. Seems like they would have made plans and get on with it because they had already said they had enough for three more years. Unless...the session is for ideas of the new game. :p

It's not a TS4 brainstorming session. It's an across-Maxis session aiming more broadly than new pack ideas. It sounds like a really good creativity-boosting exercise.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It sounds like a fun time to me either way. Would like to be a fly on the wall of that get together.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    Honestly, Im pretty sure we get Sims 5 announced in 2021. We will get it in that year or 2022. They said multiple times (even in the last weeks) that they are still going on with sims 4 for three years. It would make absolutly no sense to release sims 5 earlyer than those 3 years. I think we can really be sure on those three years of no sims 5.

However I think they are in early stages of sims 5 since a while. I think they were making concepts and their thoughts about is the last two years and are now beginning to program and develope the actual game.
    I dont think its even close to beeing finished. As I said I think its save to,say we have to wait 3–4 years before we have a physical or digital copy for pc. thats 100% safe to say.
    Homestly the thought of sims 5 next year is nice but also delusional. I can wait for sims 5 since i dont want to pay packs until i have everything I want again.
    Im more exited for S4 future than for a sims 5