Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game completely broken

First off, let me apologize for this not being in help center, but the site glitches on me, and I can't post there. My game has recently gone haywire. Once I create a household, I can't play with them or with ones I created earlier, and I get an error message or the game keeps loading forever. I also can't use Build mode. At first I thought it was just items from certain packs and cc items, but I soon realized I can't place any item, and I get the message "Script call failed." I also can't save the game, and I get an error for that as well. I'm freaking out- my game is completely broken. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Do you have mods? If you do turn them off and see if it works. Or drag the mods folder out of the directory.

Are you on Mac/Apple? They are working on a patch for that if you search the forums or google there is some work arounds.

If you can get to create a sim and manage households you should upload them all to the gallery and try to reinstall.

If you are on PC it’s probably a broken mod and you will have to go through the painful process of finding and removing or updating which one it is.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Did you try repairing your game through Origin? Or taking your sims 4 folder out and regenerating it?
  • Options
    jamiehoodjamiehood Posts: 126 Member
    Do you have mods? If you do turn them off and see if it works. Or drag the mods folder out of the directory.

Are you on Mac/Apple? They are working on a patch for that if you search the forums or google there is some work arounds.

If you can get to create a sim and manage households you should upload them all to the gallery and try to reinstall.

If you are on PC it’s probably a broken mod and you will have to go through the painful process of finding and removing or updating which one it is.

I disabled my mods and it worked, but now I'm upset. I don't want to play without my mods. Do you know what I can do?
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Test the mods one by one to see which is messing up your game.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you have a lot of mods/cc, you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    In addition to what was said above, before trying to figure out which mod is causing the problem, make sure all your mods/CC are up to date. Outdated mods and CC can cause unexpected issues, and sometimes just updating them fixes the problem.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited August 2018
    Hello all,

Thank you very much for pitching in an helping out <3

@jamiehood The Help Center has been made read only just recently and no new posts can be added there. We ask that all issues related to bugs/gameplay or tech be posted on Answers HQ going forward.

Thank you very much for understanding.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top