Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coming Soon? New Male Hair?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    edited September 2018
    Deleted.

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    This hair doesn't tell us anything. Except for the fact that it is coming at some point.

People just want to see what they want to see. This hairstyle can literally be part of any pack.

Only time will tell.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Funny how this thread caught on so quick because it is the only REAL hint to any speculation in this section.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I'm tired of those generic male hairstyles. They are all very similar, if you had not spoken, I would never have realized that this hair is new!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I'm tired of those generic male hairstyles. They are all very similar, if you had not spoken, I would never have realized that this hair is new!

Post pictures of hair styles you would like to see. They can't make what they din;t know about.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2018

I 100% agree. It's tireing really.

This thread (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934752/feedback-share-with-us-what-you-would-want-to-see-in-the-game#latest) was made to avoid that but I don't even believe the art director and team give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about it. They keep on pushing the same generic hairs over and over in the packs. Even women are getting a slate of hairs that honestly could be a lot better and less similar to what we already have. This a side from the recent "ethnic" hairs, those were good, although the texture on the big curly wasn't too good to me (especially on lighter colors).
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member

I thought I was the only one tired of these generic hairs, I would love to see some Korean influenced hairs, or maybe something else that is not a white hipster male hair.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I don't quite get peoples desire for University. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed University in The Sims 3. It was a lot of fun. But I think it would suck in The Sims 4, mainly because of how closed off the world is and all the annoying loading screens. University was fun because it always felt pretty active around campus, like a real college. Walking seamlessly from my dorm to class was fun. I think a lot of that fun would be plum out by loading screens. They need to make one that is more fitting of the closed off hermit world they created with The Sims 4. If you really want to play University, play The Sims 3. That's what I did just a few weeks ago. Although it made me realize how bad The Sims 4 REALLY is.

I actually liked Sims 2 University better than Sims 3 version - except I did like the class/lecture hall part in Sims 3 and of course the outdoor classes were fun. But Sims 2 had the Greek Houses and all the perks to building and having a Greek House. I have a blast playing the Sims 2 Uni's plus you have a choice of 3 different Uni's and worlds to pick from in Sims 2. I actually have 8 sims in Sims 2 Uni from Strangetown in college now. 5 of them have a band together between classes and such and the other 3 are working on their Greek House.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    If universities doesn't have the wild parties and stuff then uni will be boring. It's just school.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    If universities doesn't have the wild parties and stuff then uni will be boring. It's just school.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    I find it very funny how there are a lot of players that miss the nine second teaser so they can argue discuss what it might mean and here we have a simple, new hair style for men and the guessing is running wild. Who needs a teaser. :D
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    That beard and two tone swatch are from the base game.

I never noticed. lol My Sims with beards had the color of their hair. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I find it very funny how there are a lot of players that miss the nine second teaser so they can argue discuss what it might mean and here we have a simple, new hair style for men and the guessing is running wild. Who needs a teaser. :D

It would be better if the shirt was new, too. :p
  • Options
    The two-tone hairs work on both hair and beards. I use them often for older, middle aged sims, male and female.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Doesn't the fact they showed the new hair mean it is free content and not paid content?

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Post pictures of hair styles you would like to see. They can't make what they din;t know about.

I have already done that in the past.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I 100% agree. It's tireing really.

This thread (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934752/feedback-share-with-us-what-you-would-want-to-see-in-the-game#latest) was made to avoid that but I don't even believe the art director and team give a plum about it. They keep on pushing the same generic hairs over and over in the packs. Even women are getting a slate of hairs that honestly could be a lot better and less similar to what we already have. This a side from the recent "ethnic" hairs, those were good, although the texture on the big curly wasn't too good to me (especially on lighter colors).

I have the impression that producers are not being paid properly, so they prefer to speed up production time by just reshaping hair and objects that have already been made to the game.

I thought I was the only one tired of these generic hairs, I would love to see some Korean influenced hairs, or maybe something else that is not a white hipster male hair.

"hipster male hair" haha... I am from Brazil, i would call them "soccer player hair".

Look at those pictures and tell me that the sims 4 hairstyles arent based on these: https://registaz.com/football-player-hairstyles-for-men/
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I don't quite get peoples desire for University. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed University in The Sims 3. It was a lot of fun. But I think it would suck in The Sims 4, mainly because of how closed off the world is and all the annoying loading screens. University was fun because it always felt pretty active around campus, like a real college. Walking seamlessly from my dorm to class was fun. I think a lot of that fun would be plum out by loading screens. They need to make one that is more fitting of the closed off hermit world they created with The Sims 4. If you really want to play University, play The Sims 3. That's what I did just a few weeks ago. Although it made me realize how bad The Sims 4 REALLY is.

I actually liked Sims 2 University better than Sims 3 version - except I did like the class/lecture hall part in Sims 3 and of course the outdoor classes were fun. But Sims 2 had the Greek Houses and all the perks to building and having a Greek House. I have a blast playing the Sims 2 Uni's plus you have a choice of 3 different Uni's and worlds to pick from in Sims 2. I actually have 8 sims in Sims 2 Uni from Strangetown in college now. 5 of them have a band together between classes and such and the other 3 are working on their Greek House.

The variety of universities makes everything more interesting. In The Sims 3 I was bored quickly with only one campus, while in The Sims 2 just because we had universities in different environments already helped.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Doesn't the fact they showed the new hair mean it is free content and not paid content?

Free content is restricted to quarters. Paid content can be announced/shown any time.
  • Options

You have a SimGuru who is over Gamepacks showing the hair. I think this is coming with a Gamepack.