Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coming Soon? New Male Hair?

Comments

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm expecting a GP in September or October.

Congratulations.
    I hope it's twins. :D
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Brindleton wrote: »
    SimGuruNinja is on the GP team. I don't think he's allowed to share content from upcoming EPs or SPs.

Is he still on the GP team?
    Yes

How do you know?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2018
    Why are you guys ignoring that two tone beard? Is that normal in TS4? I don't recall it being two-toned. It's a werewolf pack. And I can understand why some would think it's a GP asset, maybe because Ninja was on the GP team, and maybe because we usually get only one EP a year so yeah, forget 2015 that was an odd year to get out stuff that was already or almost completed before release. One EP a year has been the norm. So, it stands to reason to make a logical guess.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    That beard and two tone swatch are from the base game.
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 797 Member
    I would love to see more long hair styles for men. Longer than shoulder length.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    RenSimmerRenSimmer Posts: 16 Member
    maybe it is a game pack with an old fashion theme like the 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff from the sims 3, or it could be something related to a generations style expansion, even though i think it's too soon for we to get another Ep
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Wow I like that hair. I like anything with a retro vibe and it does that nicely but not in an over the top way. Yes.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Brindleton wrote: »
    SimGuruNinja is on the GP team. I don't think he's allowed to share content from upcoming EPs or SPs.

Is he still on the GP team?
    Yes

How do you know?
    I see him being the GP team since Parenthood
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Why are you guys ignoring that two tone beard? Is that normal in TS4? I don't recall it being two-toned. It's a werewolf pack. And I can understand why some would think it's a GP asset, maybe because Ninja was on the GP team, and maybe because we usually get only one EP a year so yeah, forget 2015 that was an odd year to get out stuff that was already or almost completed before release. One EP a year has been the norm. So, it stands to reason to make a logical guess.

I did, just that I hardly used facial hair for my Sims, so, I cannot be sure. Could it be the Sims will eventually gradually ageing over the time?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    zamira82 wrote: »

I did, just that I hardly used facial hair for my Sims, so, I cannot be sure. Could it be the Sims will eventually gradually ageing over the time?

There is a black swatch and a brown swatch that add grey to the hair and beard, I think they are in the second row, far right.
  • Options
    zamira82 wrote: »

There is a black swatch and a brown swatch that add grey to the hair and beard, I think they are in the second row, far right.

Thanks! I'll check it out..
  • Options
    thejester39thejester39 Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't quite get peoples desire for University. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed University in The Sims 3. It was a lot of fun. But I think it would suck in The Sims 4, mainly because of how closed off the world is and all the annoying loading screens. University was fun because it always felt pretty active around campus, like a real college. Walking seamlessly from my dorm to class was fun. I think a lot of that fun would be sucked out by loading screens. They need to make one that is more fitting of the closed off hermit world they created with The Sims 4. If you really want to play University, play The Sims 3. That's what I did just a few weeks ago. Although it made me realize how bad The Sims 4 REALLY is.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

There's a hair color that has brown and gray. It's only visible in some hairs.
  • Options
    DanaanhornDanaanhorn Posts: 38 Member
    the avatar as a whole really reminded me of rick grimes from The Walking Dead
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    The first two things that popped in my head after seeing that pic was a Generations pack or perhaps the Military career is coming back. I get the Generations vibe from the beard color (I know it's not new) and how the hairline is receding. Perhaps he represents an entirely new lifestage called, 'Middle Age' between Adult and Elder.

Or maybe, changes to the look of Sims through age progression has been expanded upon and implemented. I guess if thats the case, the hair could even not be new at all, but just how one of the hairstyles already in the game has changed over time? *shrugs*

The Military career vibe came from the shirt and it's color. Is the shirt new? I haven't looked for it so I don't know, but I don't remember seeing it in my game. Of course, it could be from a pack I don't own.

Anyway, that's my first impressions from the pic, and I realize I'm probably reaching with my impressions through wishful thinking. But it's fun speculating the possibilities! ;)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    The first two things that popped in my head after seeing that pic was a Generations pack or perhaps the Military career is coming back. I get the Generations vibe from the beard color (I know it's not new) and how the hairline is receding. Perhaps he represents an entirely new lifestage called, 'Middle Age' between Adult and Elder.

Or maybe, changes to the look of Sims through age progression has been expanded upon and implemented. I guess if thats the case, the hair could even not be new at all, but just how one of the hairstyles already in the game has changed over time? *shrugs*

The Military career vibe came from the shirt and it's color. Is the shirt new? I haven't looked for it so I don't know, but I don't remember seeing it in my game. Of course, it could be from a pack I don't own.

Anyway, that's my first impressions from the pic, and I realize I'm probably reaching with my impressions through wishful thinking. But it's fun speculating the possibilities! ;)

its from jungle adventure
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2018
    its from jungle adventure

Ah, okay, I don't have JA so that explains why I haven't seen it before. Thanks for letting me know! :)

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I don't quite get peoples desire for University. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed University in The Sims 3. It was a lot of fun. But I think it would suck in The Sims 4, mainly because of how closed off the world is and all the annoying loading screens. University was fun because it always felt pretty active around campus, like a real college. Walking seamlessly from my dorm to class was fun. I think a lot of that fun would be plum out by loading screens. They need to make one that is more fitting of the closed off hermit world they created with The Sims 4. If you really want to play University, play The Sims 3. That's what I did just a few weeks ago. Although it made me realize how bad The Sims 4 REALLY is.

My first experience of playing the University was from TS2. I like it a lot. I don't play much with TS3, although I like the open world concept, attending classes, etc. In TS2, there's a whole new neighbourhood for the students to choose one out of the 3 universities (and to custom a University neighbourhood too). I prefer the TS2 because you can send several teens together to the college (and it was the first introduction of the YA life stage), more majors, they need to pledge to join the sorority/fraternity (and the chances to get accepted is 50/50 if only the members like the Sim), a secret society, cheerleaders, mascot (llama & cow), coach who came out of nowhere because the Sims are lazy, cafeteria food...And what i remembered the most is the college song in TS2, from the Perishers - Sway. It got me and now it's one of my favourite songs. But, I do get your point of preferring the University in TS3 for the open world concept. It is more fun and interactive, which I couldn't agree more. :)

While for the hair (with 2 tones), at first I was mistaken that it will introduce a progression ageing system, but I was wrong... I just hope it will be a new ER/GP not the SP, because I would rather spend my money on a more extensive pack..
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Maybe it's gonna be for a barbershop stuff pack...
    I hope it includes a quartet.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »
    Maybe it's gonna be for a barbershop stuff pack...
    I hope it includes a quartet.

....with straw hats.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    He looks better in the removed hairstyle! It reminds me a bit of the '80's but not so wild.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

The hair doesn't look very good to me tbh....although it is from the side....still.

I hope it's part of a GP. I'm waiting for new content to roll out now that we got the majority of the "base" content.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Ugh I am praying it is not a university GP. If they are going to add University, I hope it is an expansion pack. I am so 50\50 on University because I always find it boring. I dare say in Sims 2 as well. In sims 2, I made the season fall twice and one spring and one winter. In fall, they get a boost to the school work so I had more fun with my sims because they partied more. In Sims 3 University, OMG it felt like my sims had to be work horses to maintain that GPA. All the studying made it sooooo boring for me.

I really hope it isn't some type of retro pack like the 70s 80s 90s because that could really be a stuff pack. There is no need to make that pack a game pack, please don't do it EA!!
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited August 2018
    I don't quite get peoples desire for University. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed University in The Sims 3. It was a lot of fun. But I think it would suck in The Sims 4, mainly because of how closed off the world is and all the annoying loading screens. University was fun because it always felt pretty active around campus, like a real college. Walking seamlessly from my dorm to class was fun. I think a lot of that fun would be plum out by loading screens. They need to make one that is more fitting of the closed off hermit world they created with The Sims 4. If you really want to play University, play The Sims 3. That's what I did just a few weeks ago. Although it made me realize how bad The Sims 4 REALLY is.

I own both TS2 University and TS3 University Life and I definitely don't think the lack of open world in the former makes it worse or less enjoyable. In fact, I'm not sure how anyone who has played TS2 could ever use the open world as an excuse for not having something in TS4 when more or less everything in TS3 was also present in TS2.

TS4's shortfalls are general lack of content which can make the game tedious and repetitive (though this has gotten a lot better over the past year or 2). Open world is an irrelevance imo.
  • Options
    We get new hair and clothes in almost every pack.