Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Read this! Cyclic Redundancy Check (Updated 6/4/09, 18:00 CDT)

Comments

• Options
    kate57268423kate57268423 Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    This is really annoying me. I've defragged, tried installing with no background programmes running, tried moving all my disk to the desktop, only to get the issue of my help file not being able to be read then the whole browser freezing and crashing on me shortly after this. I've had the game for 2 months and had no issues until last week when it suddenly wouldn't play past the launcher freezing. I'm getting really fed up and seems like my parents wasted their money on a Christmas present right now.

I had that happen before, it might be a mod you downloaded? I tried awesome mod and that made it crash bad. Well, Good luck anyhow :X
  • Options
    Milan786Milan786 Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    My Sims is acting stupid. The game works all untill I have to buy something in the game, so when I'm trying to place an object the screen turns black with wierd lines. I have to restart my computer to leave the black screen. It dosn't have an error code or anything just that screen. I checked the back of the case of the game for the system requirements and I have all of them! So what's the problem! I've tried to reunstall the game, uninstall and delete and install it again! Nothing Works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Milan786Milan786 Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    It's over I tryed every thing possible it dosn't work! Every time I go to buy mode it freezes, black screen and gone! Sims 3 is such a great game it is a shame it does not work. EA Games has to fix this. $50 for no reason! EA Games better not screw up on other games!
  • Options
    jenaben8806jenaben8806 Posts: 3,209 Member
    edited March 2010
    I have tried the disk defrag. I have tried to copy the contents into a folder on my desktop. I have all the requirements to play the expansion pack. The Sims 3 installed just fine, why do I get the cache redundancy check error for the World Adventures expansion pack?
  • Options
    SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited March 2010
    Hi there.

Can you post your DXDiag output for review, please?

http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=21325

Thanks,

-Big Guy-
  • Options
    CReeveCReeve Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    I only started getting problems after I installed the updates...after that FullBuild0 didnt work so tried to reinstall SIMS 3 now ive the stupid CRC error after using REGCURE - they should take the updates down its destroyed the whole programme...not happy!
  • Options
    iRuthieiRuthie Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Okay,so I got The Sims 3 just after it came out and it installed fine into my computer and I enjoyed many months of playing with no problems. But now my computer was wiped due to it being infected with a virus and now when I try to install The Sims 3 again I get the CRC error. I have tryed defraging, taking the disk out when installing and copying the game into a new file (which didnt work because halfway throught the copying process it stopped) and I even went and bought another game but I'm still getting the same CRC error message. Can anyone help me cause it's really annoying me seeing as it used to work and now... it's just not.
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited April 2010
    iRuthie - The data is not being buffered properly during a large data transfer. You don't see this because most of the files transfer are not as large. The data is becoming corrupt and you get this error. Replacement of the dvd drive usually corrects the problem.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    cabelhighcabelhigh Posts: 6
    edited April 2010
    *****7 I don't think its the disc drive. I tried a thing that a site suggested, that was copying the files from the disc to your desktop so that you can install them from there...but it didn't work. I have the exact same problem as iRuthie.
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited April 2010
    I spent a good 3-4 hours today trying to reinstall my sims3 base game after doing a full system recovery. And - like all of you, kept getting the 'cyclic redundancy check' error on the 'sunset valley cache' file installation. Double cleaned the cd-rom, check and yes at 7am today the disk was defragged.. so then I tried the suggestion given by some wonderful person in this thread earlier - I chose "custom" install, went through the steps, choosing what would have been in automatic install - and it flowed like beautiful wine (I prefer ice cold water myself!) - now my base game is installed..

Just thought I would mention this for you still having the problem before you get totally bald by tearing your hair out.
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited April 2010
    The transfer of data from the dvd drive to your hard drive is actually very complicated. The dvd drive reads and buffers the data and puts that data on the data bus. With dma the data bypasses the processor (kind of) and goes to a memory buffer. The hard drive controller then gets the data and buffers that data in the hard drive buffer. The hard drive controller then writes that data to the hard drive platter. This happens very fast and usually happens with out error. When you transfer a large file, one of these procedures fails to control the flow of data properly (probably buffer over run) and correction fails and you get a crc error. I first encountered this problem when I tried to copy a 1gig+ file (a movie) with a usb drive. I kept getting crc error. Smaller files transfer error free. Same usb drive worked on another computer. I have done several service calls on this very issue and I have been able to fix it by replacing the dvd drive (install TS3 gets crc error - replace dvd drive and install TS3 with out error - do you really want to pay me to continue fixing the problem?). Whether your installing the game or copying the file to your hard drive, it's basically the same process.

The above is an overview of what happens during a file transfer but the control and error checking is actually very complex and irrelevent because replacing the drive normally fixes the problem.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    YunaraiYunarai Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I've being a long time player from a young age of the sims, and as soon as I got the Sims 3 for my birthday I was instantly amazed and excited. As I bought it on eBay I cannot return it, but it did work perfectly until I uninstalled it. Now it comes up at the same point in installion whilst it installs. I think I have a corrupt file somewhere but I can't install the game on another computer as this is my only one, and well... any help here?
    Normally I can sort this out myself but... I need help here guys!
    Thanks ^_^
    ~ Yuns
  • Options
    SimGurlSimGurl Posts: 5
    edited April 2010
    I TRIED ALL OF THIS AND I DDINT WORK!!! ****** I DID THIS AND I JUST INSTALLED IT!!
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 IM SO HAPPY !LOL

wat i did was
    everytime the "fullbuild1" poped up, right away i took the CD out then i clicked "retry" and then it would say "the cd is out blah blah" so i put the disk in and click ok and i continued doing that and now it works HAHA!
  • Options
    bbneoheartbbneoheart Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I'm having the same issue!
    But, it is with my Wold Adventures game instead.
    And it will download perfectly fine,
    Then it gets to the FullBuildep1.package thing,
    And says there is an error.
    I've tried everything,
    Everybody has said and still nothing has happened!
    I had it installed before but It had a bunch of glitches,
    So I uninstalled it,
    And now I have this stupid problem..........
    "/
  • Options
    recyt87recyt87 Posts: 31 Member
    edited April 2010
    i watched a youtube video and learned how to install the game without the disc. i had the same error and didnt find a solution that worked. all of the post on the forum that ive read so far didnt work but this did: download EA Download Manager (you can google it) sign in with ur ea account or create one. once ur signed in, click on the activation tap. type ur key code that's on the back of ur game manual and click continue. it will start to download. it takes a few hours so ur ganna have to be patient but it works!
  • Options
    LisamouseLisamouse Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    I've tried everything from registry scans and fixes to replacing my hard drive and it still won't get past the f-ing Sunset Valley object cache. My computer is brand new, the hard drive was replaced yesterday, there's nothing else on it, so there shouldn't be clashes. Six months on, still nothing. My cd drive just keeps bleeping and whirring and not doing anything. I tried repairing the disk, cleaning the cd drive but nothing. I have managed to install it on a previous machine that was sub standard and it installed and worked fine (just a shame it died seeing as it was the only machine I've ever successfully installed it on). Anyone got any new solutions other than the hundreds that are already out there? Anything I'm missing?

Oh, and my operating system is Windows 7
  • Options
    MissmknMissmkn Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    Its astonishing to me that after nearly a year of people asking for help about this problem that EA or whoever hasn't addressed it properly. I as most of you had gone thru the steps of everything in this forum with no luck. And as for the new drive now that Bob guy knows his stuff but your telling me that hundreds of people need new dvd drives after trying to install this game? nah this is why i download games from torrents because the people in the torrents care about it working and not about the money.(because they are not making money). you tell me whos the bad guy lol

~BH
  • Options
    recyt87recyt87 Posts: 31 Member
    edited April 2010
    Lisamouse wrote:
    I've tried everything from registry scans and fixes to replacing my hard drive and it still won't get past the f-ing Sunset Valley object cache. My computer is brand new, the hard drive was replaced yesterday, there's nothing else on it, so there shouldn't be clashes. Six months on, still nothing. My cd drive just keeps bleeping and whirring and not doing anything. I tried repairing the disk, cleaning the cd drive but nothing. I have managed to install it on a previous machine that was sub standard and it installed and worked fine (just a shame it died seeing as it was the only machine I've ever successfully installed it on). Anyone got any new solutions other than the hundreds that are already out there? Anything I'm missing?

Oh, and my operating system is Windows 7

Try downloading "EA Download manager", sign in with ur EA account or create one, then once ur signed in, click on the activation tap, type ur key code in and then click continue. Your download should automatically start downloading. I had the same problem you did, with the installation being stuck on the Sunset Valley thing and i tried this and now both the sims 3 and end loft stuff pack is installed on my laptop...
  • Options
    TheSockPuppetteTheSockPuppette Posts: 28 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi there.
    Okay, so I've been playing TS3 since it came out and it's been working fine, no problems at all. For my birthday a couple of weeks ago I got World Adventures, excited I tried installing it the second I could, didn't work so I tried to re-install my base game because I suspected that's where the problem was. When I tried installing it I got the cylic redundancy check error, I searched the internet for solutions and tried pretty much everything. Today I saw a tip saying that you could download it through the ea download manager, but when I try to open it I get an error message saying something like "The program wasn't started correctly. Control that you're not trying to run the program simultaneously between different Windows-users. Re-install if the problem remains." (Not exactly sure if that's what it said because my computer is in Swedish so I had to roughly translate it.) That error message that came up when I was trying to update the sims 3 so I could install World Adventures (another method that failed). I have no idea what I've done wrong, does anyone have a clue?

Edit;;
    Tried doing the advanced installation which worked fine util I started getting error messages saying that I had a cylic redundancy check in e:\Game\Bin\bin\es-ES\Sims3Launcher.resources.dll. and many more, which were the same except not es-ES but other ones. I also got one saying I had the CRC error in e:\Caches\Sunset Valley.objectCache. This has happened before too.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    rainbowswirlrainbowswirl Posts: 14
    edited May 2010
    I'm running Windows Vista- all specs meet requirements. I've been running Sims 3 since it was released without an issue, installed World Adventures around Christmas, also been running that without problems. I just purchased High End Loft Stuff last week, can't install without getting the Cyclic Redundancy Check error. I've tried everything suggested on the Support site, still getting the error. I tried to do the hard disk install, but that gets hung up on things in the Support Folder and won't proceed. I am now trying to install through EADM.

This is insane that people have been having this problem since the Sims 3 release and EA still has not resolved the issue. If this doesn't work, I will download and install from a torrent and EA will lose the money spent on this and all future expansion/ stuff packs.
  • Options
    cheesey10cheesey10 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I had this same problem. I had sims 3 and the sims 3 world adventures both installed then after a while it said I needed to update, but when I did it came up with an error so I ignored it as I could still play the game. But today, I decided to address the problem properly. The error message told me to re-install the game so I reinstalled the world adventures, they eroor still occured but now it said it wasn't comaptible with the base game. So I've now uninstalled both and I am having problems installing the sims 3 again. It gets stuck on the sunsetvalley.objectcache and on another i can't remeber. Each time I have just clicked retry and it's moved on a bit then comes up with the same error message. It's sooo frustrating as I could have avoided all this if I hadn't of unistalled the game!
  • Options
    ThePyeGuyThePyeGuy Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    I had this exact problem, I defragmented the drive and it still didnt work, so i just tried uninstaling the EADM(EA Download Manager) and it worked. Just saying it was a clean uninstall i wnet into my controll panel and went into uninstall Program (or Add or Remove Programs on soe computers)
  • Options
    rainbowswirlrainbowswirl Posts: 14
    edited May 2010
    Well, I finally got High End Loft Stuff installed by using the EA Download Manager. If you've tried everything else to no avail, use the Download Manager. It worked instantly.
  • Options
    AndySabbAndySabb Posts: 50 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I am the latest victim of the fullbuild0.package error whilst installing the game, tried literally everything you people have suggested and still no luck.

I have had sims 3 since it came out and it worked fine on my laptop with no problems installing or playing the game albeit a bit slow with a small amount of memory on the laptop.

Then my brand new hp entertainment laptop came on thursday with specifications far exceeding my old laptop and the requirements needed to play sims 3. and BAM fullbuild0.package epic fail. Not only does it not make any sense, EA have been extrememly idle in trying to help the people on this forum who have had this problem since the game came out.

Nevertheless to prove that there may actually be hope left for me, i am in the process of downloading the game from EA download manager, and thank god my serial code worked, and i know by reading this forum that people have not been as lucky.

Thanks to everyone who suggested ways to install using the disc, you've been a lot more helpful than EA thats easy to say, and thanks to the people who suggested downloading from EA download manager, i'm not sure if it has worked yet its still downloading 1hr19min to go.

I will report back if i get sims 3 working on my laptop :) or if i don't god forbid.

EDIT - Completely forgot about reporting back lmao... After the download had finished, went to install it and the error messages came back up but i was able to use the ignore option this time for some reason, and the game installed perfectly and has run without any problems whatsoever. If you are having any problems with you disk then definitaly just get the digital download version and it should be okay aslong as your serial code works :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MothoneMothone Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    This is freakking rediculous! this is the second day I have tried to get this game installed! yesterday, after much turmoil and many hours, I got all the way to the end and NOTHING! Now my Drive will only recognize the disc for about 15 seconds at a time so I have been sitting here opening and closing the tray every 15 seconds, and after 4 hours the install bar wont proceed anymore! I am livid with EA as I have been scouring for help and this peticular thread is the only ray of sunshine Ive had for hours! Im going to give the Hard copy onto the desktop install a shot and let you know how it works. I am suprised to see how many people are actually going through the same garbage Ive been going through... I mean, I have a 3 week old Laptop that far surpasses what EA has deemed their "system requirements". With all of the money we loyal customers of EA have put in over the years I think that the company owes us an immedeate fix... at least
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top