Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure - already forgotten?

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It's not forgotten for me either it's another place to go for my mostly young adult and older sims who often don't have in game jobs they go to.
    I sent my sims off to Granite Falls a few days ago and decided to turn off rain and thunderstorms in my game. It's really nice to not bother with that on vacations so I think I'll do the same in Selvadorada. I did focus on Granite Falls more right after Seasons though because well.. Snow. It's evening-out for me now though. It will be revisited again and again.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I have a semi-legacy going to complete all the collections, so eventually I'm going to have to find a Sim to send back there; one of my current Sims made a trip with her mom after she aged up to YA and already has level 4 Archaeology, so I might send her and her wife after they get to the top level of their jobs just to get a bunch of artifacts to authenticate back home. I've only been able to make it into the temple once though -- there are a lot of parts of the jungle I haven't explored.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited August 2018
    At least my sims haven't been on vacation in Selvadorada for a long time. It's too time consuming.
    They are sometimes invited to the bar in Selvadorada, though, and Selvadoradian food and drinks are added to most restaurants.

Unless you only do it like once, you have to dedicate your Sim to it. Make it an unofficial career. For Agathe and Benjamin it worked great; yes you spent 3-5 days in a row in the Jungle, but after all fees and purchases they still hauled home between 15 000 and 30 000 in pure profits per week, effectively (depending on skill). By the time their daughter was born, they had a net value of 400 000 Simolions.
    Basically you have to play Jungle Adventure as you would play a Scientist or a Cop.

And when you reach top skill level in Archeology, you never have to work again since you earn between 8000 and 12 000 a week just validating statues people send you in the mail to your home.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I haven't forgotten about it! My next gen heir and his wife are going to be full time jungle adventurers. Well, until they become adults and have a kid, because they can't send kids to school there.
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I haven't forgotten it. My boys just have so much stuff to do it's hard to dedicate to something as big as a vacation all the time. Right now they're in Granite Falls for a little over a week so I can have them enjoy thunderstorms...well, one enjoys them anyway, the other is scared. When this is over they'll probably hang around the towns doing random things like skating or bowling then I'll be sending them on their jungle adventures again to see what new treasures I can add to their museum collection.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited August 2018
    Question about JA: Can we edit the lots in that world? Like add more objects and stuff for families to do?

If we can, that could make it another family vacation option for my Sims. (I’ve been using Outdoor Retreat for some of the family vacations.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I discovered all the hidden places, except the collection. My Sims has level 10 archeology and she pretty is much earning the extra income from the artefacts. It's one of the venues where the Sims can go for vacations. So, I don't have any other option, unless, if they can add festivals that happened only at Selvadorada on certain days on particular season... then, it will be fun to plan the Sims next vacation..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Question about JA: Can we edit the lots in that world? Like add more objects and stuff for families to do?

If we can, that could make it another family vacation option for my Sims. (I’ve been using Outdoor Retreat for some of the family vacations.)

You can edit the lots just the same as in any other world as well as those in Granite Falls as well; including the trailhead, but not anything beyond the adventure part (the first gate) because that's encoded into the world.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I've only played it once, ever so briefly. But, I have great plans for it soon, as in once my Sim becomes a YA, and joins the Crew of the Enterprise, this GP will be one of her first 'missions'. The Original Star Trek series gave them an over-arching theme to discover new worlds and new civilizations (some of which looked a lot like Earth's past), to Boldly Go Where Man Has Never Gone Before. So, I'm looking forward to it. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    My sim is getting ready to head out on a 7 day adventure. Hopefully that will be enough time to find all the surprises. I find it all very stressful though, much like the tombs in World Adventure.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited August 2018

You can edit the lots just the same as in any other world as well as those in Granite Falls as well; including the trailhead, but not anything beyond the adventure part (the first gate) because that's encoded into the world.

Oh, ok, awesome! :smiley: I’ll have to see if I can add some toddler and children objects and various stuff, so many of the families with kids can have stuff to do there.

I’ll have some young adults go adventuring once in a while, of course, but it would get more use if I can make part of the location more “family-friendly”, since many of my households are families.

(I’m not a big fan of adventuring in Sims games like Sims 3 World Adventures, so JA has not been used much by me yet.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

How do you edit lots? There's no build mode button available when I stay in the cabins, only at the campgrounds.
  • Options

How do you edit lots? There's no build mode button available when I stay in the cabins, only at the campgrounds.

Through Manage Worlds of course; you can't edit rentals while you're actually renting them, which is the difference from the non-vacation worlds. I think the lots not marked as rentals can be edited as normal from Live mode, but I haven't visited a vacation world since a month after JA released so couldn't tell you.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    For me, it depends on the Sim I am playing and\or the situation.

All of my latin sims go and learn the culture. I have it set up as a vacation spot as well with a spa, restaurant, museum\park. I usually only take couples or a single sim there. The family vacations are done at Granite Falls. I created a park there and deleted it because no sims randomly showed up. It was usually only my Sims there which I found weird.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My sim is getting ready to head out on a 7 day adventure. Hopefully that will be enough time to find all the surprises. I find it all very stressful though, much like the tombs in World Adventure.

I have two Sims who are at the top of their careers (one just became an Internet superstar, the other will likely reach top of the Journalist career when she goes back to work on Monday in game. I'm planning to have them both quit their jobs and spend several days in Selvadorada collecting artifacts to authenticate, and hopefully finally making it farther into the jungle. I want to get their toddler aged up to a child though; one of them has an older son (already a YA) who can stay home and take care of the kids.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I bought it on sale, never once went on vacation there.. Really wanted the stuff for build mode in hopes to build an amazing Mediterranean type home(that's never panned out either..lol) :) I think the items in build mode are really nice, and worth what I spent.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I haven't forgotten it but its really not the best place to bring your kids on vacation if you plan to explore the jungle. Its not a family friendly vacation spot.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Through Manage Worlds of course; you can't edit rentals while you're actually renting them, which is the difference from the non-vacation worlds. I think the lots not marked as rentals can be edited as normal from Live mode, but I haven't visited a vacation world since a month after JA released so couldn't tell you.

Ah wow ok I didn't know you could go through Manage worlds since it's a vacation spot. I've never seen anything for that or the Jungle Adventures thing show up...all I've seen options for are the regular cities from Get Together and Get to Work for example. I guess I'll have to try and check into that a bit further.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Ever since about a month before Seasons released, I've noticed that people rarely talk about Jungle Adventure anymore. What happened? Has every single thing about it already been discovered? Has it finally lost its appeal? I can understand how it can just fall by the wayside especially since it's a vacation pack, but for a game pack that was so well-received and so well talked about when it was released, it sure isn't getting much attention nowadays.

Yes yes, I know you'll probably say that Seasons probably contributed to JA falling off to the back-end, but even other game packs (cough Vampires) get more regular airtime than JA now has and still get talked about more often even after Seasons has already been released 2 months ago already.

Not in my case - right this minute I am playing a sim that aspires to be an archeologist - but it busy earning a living and trying to save up money and time to go on her first big adventure - in the meantime she is skilling and reading the books and skills she will need to start onto the path she longs for.

I love the JA pack and have lots of fun with it but I don't allow my sims to use cheats of any kind and they have to do everything the hard way to get to where they want to go.

Nothing comes fast or easy to any of my sims even if I do long for the new adventure to get started - my sim has to have all their ducks in a row to reach it. Believe me at times I cringe - I want her to move along faster but I never hurry it along or cut corners. I am too disciplined myself to do it any other way. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member

Ah wow ok I didn't know you could go through Manage worlds since it's a vacation spot. I've never seen anything for that or the Jungle Adventures thing show up...all I've seen options for are the regular cities from Get Together and Get to Work for example. I guess I'll have to try and check into that a bit further.

In the world select screen, there are two icons in the top left corner of the screen. One is “Home Worlds” the other is “Destination Worlds” (which is where Selvadorada is hiding). :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    joleaco wrote: »

In the world select screen, there are two icons in the top left corner of the screen. One is “Home Worlds” the other is “Destination Worlds” (which is where Selvadorada is hiding). :)

ahhh thanks! now for sure i can't wait to get back in the game soon and look for that!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Since I play in rotation not every single household will visit there. I've only sent two households. One for exploring and the other as a family vacation without exploring but enjoy time away from home.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Current mood_Energized! Just finished my first adventure. So much fun. Loved the visuals and the sound effects. Sent my sim home because I want to make some changes to the rental and them going back in. :)

aZLQaBI.png

nlrMm81.png

6H1Ldgv.png
  • Options
    kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    @paradiseplanet - The only limit to any part of the Sims 4 is the boundary of your imagination.
    Ever since about a month before Seasons released, I've noticed that people rarely talk about Jungle Adventure anymore. What happened? Has every single thing about it already been discovered? Has it finally lost its appeal? I can understand how it can just fall by the wayside especially since it's a vacation pack, but for a game pack that was so well-received and so well talked about when it was released, it sure isn't getting much attention nowadays.

Yes yes, I know you'll probably say that Seasons probably contributed to JA falling off to the back-end, but even other game packs (cough Vampires) get more regular airtime than JA now has and still get talked about more often even after Seasons has already been released 2 months ago already.

I for one love this pack and use it a lot. I have confessed on the confession threads (so I believe I am absolved on this one) that my OCD drives me to train all my sims in every skill except veterinary and mischief, so the only sims in my three saves that haven't been there and explored it for what it's worth at face value are the ones I am still training and haven't gotten to the JA skills with-yet (as of now, that's about 100 sims already trained give or take a few) . Beyond that, while I agree it's not necessarily kid friendly unless you modify it to include a water park/pool or add an arcade and public park items to the bar or whatever (which I have not done yet), it's an awesome romantic getaway even if you don't go adventuring outside the rental house :smiley:. There's a lot of open space and if you use the open spaces with the in-game traits that the pack provides, you can get more out of it than you think. For example, the baths have built in energy-generating properties and the falls give sims the flirty trait. I do tons of "socializing" at the falls. It's also great for photoshoots in those places as well as in the temple. It's seclusion, warm weather and gorgeous scenery lend themselves well to romance as well as adventure for couples. But..

Sometimes you have to look beyond the surface to find true value.

Beyond using it for a training ground for archaeology, a romantic vacation spot and a photo-shoot haven, I am using it (in one of my worlds) as a pirate lair. Since, money is not an object for the pirates (thanks to adventuring), they can more or less just keep staying there and extending their vacation time. So I have a group home or bandit's lair for my motley band and can set up any drama between pirates and create whatever political structure for them that I want. They are secluded and can come and go from Selvadorada to anywhere I want them to raid or play, and here's the interesting part about Selvadorada over Granite Falls - the two public lots at Selvadorada can play host to clubs. So my pirate club thrives there. Only reason I haven't played it in a while is because I am currently obsessing on an alternate save involving "(cough Vampires)". ;)
    This pack has plenty of life left in my game!

My Pirate King
    lwx2DXc.jpg

"You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @kirivian Once again you never fail to impress me yet again! I would've never thought of Pirates in Selvie of all places! (don't judge me that's what I personally call Selvadorada) Even better, a pirate club that meets there too! Though I thought clubs couldn't work meeting in vacation worlds? I presume a mod is used here?

And on a side note, I see we have the same taste in sword poses ;) (and I believe the same sword cc?)