Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure - already forgotten?

Ever since about a month before Seasons released, I've noticed that people rarely talk about Jungle Adventure anymore. What happened? Has every single thing about it already been discovered? Has it finally lost its appeal? I can understand how it can just fall by the wayside especially since it's a vacation pack, but for a game pack that was so well-received and so well talked about when it was released, it sure isn't getting much attention nowadays.

Yes yes, I know you'll probably say that Seasons probably contributed to JA falling off to the back-end, but even other game packs (cough Vampires) get more regular airtime than JA now has and still get talked about more often even after Seasons has already been released 2 months ago already.
Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

Comments

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    At least my sims haven't been on vacation in Selvadorada for a long time. It's too time consuming.
    They are sometimes invited to the bar in Selvadorada, though, and Selvadoradian food and drinks are added to most restaurants.
  • Options
    valexxtinavalexxtina Posts: 66 Member
    I noticed that too. Personally I never went lots of time in Selvadorada, so with mods I decided to make it a liveable world. Maybe people forgot about it because, if you are not going to explore it, in Selvadorada you can't do much more.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Honestly, people talk more about new packs than old. Currently, many months have passed since Jungle Adventure was released.
    However, I do sometimes send sims to the jungle (especially if the bills they get are too expensive). I have put Creepy Crawlies lot trait to the cheapest house in Forgotten Hollow so sims there get attacked by spiders and plasma bats (I accidentally poisoned the mailman that way).
    Even after making a video tutorial about this pack, I still think there's lot to discover.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think the issue is with Jungle adventures is it’s fun the first few times but after that it feels repetitive. Different temple lay out perhaps but the “puzzles” are the same guessing game. Once you have the new food and social skills and you have been there a few times your sims are filthy rich.

I enjoy it from time to time but it’s only really a fun experience for adult sims. Nothing really for kids or toddlers or elders so it’s not a fun family holiday. I don’t even think it’s a fun holiday for adults because the only thing they can really do is adventuring. If it had more options other than just adventuring I would use it a lot more.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, it's pretty much because it's just.. really specific. An entire game pack dedicated to a very specific experience; adventuring in the jungle. And it's done rather well!

But also there's only so much you can do on a jungle vacation until it gets repetitive.

Vampires, on the other hand, still gets talked about a lot because vampires are sims. They're our sims. They can have families and they have an entirely different set of needs. They're not an experience like a visit to the jungle would be, it's literally who they are, and it impacts their daily life, and people still play as them. Not to mention that people just enjoy their concept as a whole. Vampires are just really neat. Of course people still talk about them.

(Of course, the other half of people around this GP subforum are the ones complaining about their existence, but eh)

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited August 2018
    @MidnightAura , yeah, that’s how I feel about JA, too.

I got JA because I was completing my collection and also to get the B/B and CAS stuff. I’m a family player (and club player), so I rarely use the actual JA gameplay and JA location, especially compared to other packs.

Most of the other packs can be used for many families in my games.

I’ve never been much into the adventure part for Sims games. (I prefer to play adventuring and tomb raiding in some game series called Tomb Raider and Elder Scrolls instead...)

If there were more to do for families, I would play more JA.

With Vampires, Seasons, Dine Out, Get Together, etc, I have ways get my family play in there. Vampires can be anyone, and can even become parents and such.

Seasons affect all Sims, and is an enhancing pack for many worlds. I can use Holidays and parties to do seasonal and events for the families.

Get Together allows me to make clubs for families and create family gatherings.

There is just something I can get in most packs. JA is good, don’t get me wrong, but it’s limited for my playstyle.

It’s why JA is not one of my top favorite packs so far. It’s not the kind of gameplay I can use for many families.

That’s why I don’t talk about that pack much. In terms of Game Packs, I am using Vampires and Parenthood way more often than JA.

If I’m not adventuring, then I’m just using the B/B and CAS items.

It’s got such a lovely, beautiful world, but it’s not a place where my families can really live in and play in. (I wish it was a regular world with residential lots and plenty of activities for my families, though! It’s so, so gorgeous!!! And I’m Latina myself, so it’s cool to see a bit of related culture in there.)
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2018
    I think it's just the nature of the pack. I appreciate what they tried to do with it and it was very fun the first time, but it just isn't replayable for me. I haven't had any interest at all to return to Selvadorada since those first couple of trips. There are just way too many other games I could be playing if I felt like exploring or adventuring.

OR was really no different for me. I can only hunt for herbs and collect those stupid bugs so many times before I'm just tired of it all.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I think it's just the nature of the pack. I appreciate what they tried to do with it and it was very fun the first time, but it just isn't replayable for me. I haven't had any interest at all to return to Selvadorada since those first couple of trips. There are just way too many other games I could be playing if I felt like exploring or adventuring.

OR was really no different for me. I can only hunt for herbs and collect those stupid bugs so many times before I'm just tired of it all.

Compared with OR, which vacation pack do you think regularly gets more attention currently? I honestly talk more about JA than OR, and I've never even visited Granite Falls yet. Sometimes I just plain forget we have a separate tab for Vacation Worlds altogether.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

Compared with OR, which vacation pack do you think regularly gets more attention currently? I honestly talk more about JA than OR, and I've never even visited Granite Falls yet. Sometimes I just plain forget we have a separate tab for Vacation Worlds altogether.

I'd say OR still gets more attention. Seasons seemed to pump more life into Granite Falls than it did to Selvadorada, we had people raving for a bit about how Granite Falls during the winter time provides some of the most beautiful scenery the game has to offer (and I agree, it does).

But on top of that..although I don't really care for the pack much at all, it does offer some objects that people can do a lot with even outside of Granite Falls. A lot of people doing those crazy homeless and survival challenges rely on the camping objects from OR. JA doesn't really offer anything unique like that on its own, the entire experience is pretty much tied to Selvadorada.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I went to Selvadorada just a couple times. It is beautiful but there just is not much to do for a vacation destination. Once you do the temples a couple of times it gets boring and repetitive. I do visit Granite Falls quite a bit. I added a lodge that has a restaurant and game room. I also added a hot springs pool and spa. I rarely do the herb or bug collection. That part of the pack does not hold my interest.
  • Options

I'd say OR still gets more attention. Seasons seemed to pump more life into Granite Falls than it did to Selvadorada, we had people raving for a bit about how Granite Falls during the winter time provides some of the most beautiful scenery the game has to offer (and I agree, it does).

But on top of that..although I don't really care for the pack much at all, it does offer some objects that people can do a lot with even outside of Granite Falls. A lot of people doing those crazy homeless and survival challenges rely on the camping objects from OR. JA doesn't really offer anything unique like that on its own, the entire experience is pretty much tied to Selvadorada.

I agree with what OR still offers pack-wise. I find a lot of usage in the clothes from OR for dressing up my sims, and while JA has some great B/B objects, they are rather specific in their theme and not as much for general usage as OR's camping gear would be. I also don't use as much clothing from JA as I thought I would either (again, mainly theme-specific attire).
  • Options
    KingToakerKingToaker Posts: 19 Member
    I sent my Sim there once and honestly I didn't have a great time there. Ever since then, no Sim has stepped foot in Selvadorada
    dalopuad36d.png
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I use it as a honeymoon spot for my Sims (at least until we hopefully get an actual resort type pack). I replaced the lots there, so now it has a spa, restaurant and “beach”. I have also added in the Caribbean items from the update, but even after all that I only have my Sims stay for 2 days. I think I’ve only used it as intended 2 or 3 times, honestly it just makes my Sims too much money too quickly.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I still absolutely love this pack. I haven't even explored all of it yet. It's one of my favorite worlds and my second favorite pack after Vampires. I really wish my Sims could live there, so when the Sims 4 is all finished releasing content, I plan to use a mod to make that happen. I have so much fun doing danger challenges in the jungle with large households, and I've recently mde a seniors explorer club to bring there next to see who survives and who gets rich. I'm not much of a family player, so I really appreciate content that's caters more to adult lifestyles.

I just love this pack. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    HavenHaven Posts: 37 Member
    I actually just got this pack the other day. I thought there was more too it, but I was disappointed to find there wasn't. I still love it though. Going on adventures is one of the things I miss most about the sims! Hopefully they'll add a new world in an update. I would love to go on different adventures.
    w7ctvt.png
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The world is very pretty and a nice change of pace with the new culture to learn about. But the exploring thing just doesn't work for my style of play. The fact some of the relics are worth a small fortune steers me away from wanting to hunt for them. I'm not big on all my Sims having millions of simoleans. And making big money is just too easy in Sims4 as it is and finding treasure is the only thing to do in the jungle. Sims can make new friends and learn the new recipes and dance moves but after my Sims have accomplished those things, I am flat out of ideas on what to do next. It would have been nice if my Sims could interact with the creatures in a less threatening, life or death way. Such as bringing home an exotic bird or even a turtle to keep as pets. The idea behind Jungle Adventure was a good one, it simply needed to be fleshed out a bit more to suit the gameplay style of many Simmers rather than just a few. And since the release of Seasons, it seems to rain almost every day so more often than not my Sims spend their time inside rather than exploring.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes, I have discovered everything about the pack and it didn't take very long.

To be frank, I believe even the creators of the pack KNEW we wouldn't spend much time playing it/talking about it which is why they intentionally put those ridiculous question marks on the map and made it so the gates rotate and don't stay unlocked each trip. It was their way to try to force more playing time out of the pack.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    I use a lot of stuff from the pack, since I like the style, but I don't go on vacation all that often. The only 'vacation' style pack I've ever used extensively has been World Adventures.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I forgot about it completely... I chose to forget about it completely. :#
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Boring and repetitive. Too much work to dig/authenticate artifacts when you get home too.

Plus now it's raining all the time, lol.
  • Options
    TanjuskaTanjuska Posts: 44 Member
    I haven't actually even been to Selvadorado yet :# (and i've been to Granite falls one time). I would use them alot more if you could actually live there.. So there's that disappointment :/ The worlds themselves are beautiful so it's a shame really that they go to waste on me.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I have build a water park in selvadorada and I use the pack a lot.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Agree with the other posters that Selvadoria is not a family style vacation place, or even a regular vacation place regardless of how many sims go. My main issue is that there is simply not enough to do. Learning a culture is more than a 5 level skill. Being taken for a native should be a level 10 benefit, and getting there should involve more than a few socials and eating some local chow. The ruins are of a major city, not a po-dunk hamlet, so there should be more ruins sites to visit and a greater variety of types (with more variety of things to find): Market area, homes, farms, a port with sunken things to get into (scuba diving skill), tombs, the ability & tools to make our own sites-complete with traps, etc. How about more than the local cantina to go to in modern day Selvadoria? The ability to build our own version of Selvadorian buildings, including the gateways. That architecture style would fit very well in Oasis Springs. So much potential, so little taken advantage of.
  • Options
    Agree with the other posters that Selvadoria is not a family style vacation place, or even a regular vacation place regardless of how many sims go. My main issue is that there is simply not enough to do. Learning a culture is more than a 5 level skill. Being taken for a native should be a level 10 benefit, and getting there should involve more than a few socials and eating some local chow. The ruins are of a major city, not a po-dunk hamlet, so there should be more ruins sites to visit and a greater variety of types (with more variety of things to find): Market area, homes, farms, a port with sunken things to get into (scuba diving skill), tombs, the ability & tools to make our own sites-complete with traps, etc. How about more than the local cantina to go to in modern day Selvadoria? The ability to build our own version of Selvadorian buildings, including the gateways. That architecture style would fit very well in Oasis Springs. So much potential, so little taken advantage of.

All that would've been great, though probably could not fit into their budget for game packs. A shame.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    For me it's not a case of forgotten but just trying to find the time to send my sims. My family owns a vet, a restaurant, a retail store and that keeps them plenty busy. But now that I'm thinking about it I just may say to heck with it all and send one of my sims tomorrow. I can't believe it came out in February! Seems like we've had it much longer than that.