Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do with premades?

Comments

• Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    I don't play with premades and have them just as background townies
    sometimes i delete the ones i dislike, sometimes i delete all of them, sometimes i edit a couple of them.
    it just depends on the save, but i think most often i just keep them as townies and my sims will interact with them here and there.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I play with premades every now and then
    I have one save dedicated to premades but have really only played with two premade families (Fyres and Villareal) in my main save. And even then I only played with them because Morgan and Luna married into my family
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited August 2018
    I don't care for premades and delete them from my worlds
    So many interesting answers. I love to see how differently we all play.
    In my case, I always delete them, specially the ones from the base game. I like to leave as background some of the City Living premades but my Sims never ever interact with them. They are really, literally, just background. (Unless I'm playing with vampires that they interact with the Vatores and Vlad, but I very rarely play with vampires).
    The only one I'm tempted to interact with is Salim Benali because he is so cute but haven't done it yet.
    I just love to have my Sims interact with Sims I have made myself. I like to give each area a style and enjoy populating the towns with my creations.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    I keep all the Maxis Sims and periodically play some in particular if any of them are friends with any of my Sims. Sometimes I will add a Sims or two to some households and change up their houses to accommodate the new Sims. Like when I play a with sims teens and there seems to be hardly any teens in the game - well the Maxis sims get themselves some teen additions to their families.

Things like that as well as sometimes give the Sims a more suitable job than they sometimes have if they have one. I may even play the household long enough to have their own baby, name it, and get it to toddler stage since we have toddlers so my toddler can have playdates and things. I control aging in my game so if my toddler is ready to age up - I make sure all that toddler friends age up as well - which means I return to their homes and play their house a bit more.

I did that a lot in my last save - but my present save is a relatively new game - so right now not much playing with Maxis Sims yet.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JKaorinJKaorin Posts: 30 Member
    I don't play premades unless I've had one of my own sims marry into the family. This is also my strategy for raising a poor sim out of poverty since money cheats make me bored of a household real quick.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I have and play 13 saves with between 5-8 household of my own each. Every now and then it just pops into my mind to let one of the townies "fulfill their destiny" in one of my "alternate realities", so to speak. So for example in one of my saves Johnny Zest rises to the top of the the Comedian career track, gets married (to a slightly enhanced game generated townie) and has kids. Or in another save its version of Raj Rasoya starts using the workout equipment in the apartment after his mother passes away and begins to live his life. But at some point I mark them as unplayed again. The only time I played a second generation of townies so far was with Bob's and Eliza's son Peter Pancakes, who got married to one of my Sims.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Sometimes I bring one into my household as a spouse, but I don't play them as my main sims.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I delete them I prefer filling my worlds with my Sims.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I delete the vampires, because they can be a nuisance if you're not playing them, everyone else I evict from their homes but leave in the game. I play with NPC & active family aging on, so mostly I just watch them grow old & die while my own sims are still in their prime.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    I delete the vampires, because they can be a nuisance if you're not playing them, everyone else I evict from their homes but leave in the game. I play with NPC & active family aging on, so mostly I just watch them grow old & die while my own sims are still in their prime.

DOesn't the game generate other vampires if you get rid of the existing ones?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I play some, make my own version of others that I like better (like the Goths or the Landgraabs), and delete the ones I'm not interested in (like Vlad, I prefer the Matthew Clairmont kind of vampire).

Deleting Vlad will make the game replace him with another grand vamp. The one in my game is kind of annoying in that he always shows up at every single venue no matter the time of day or night. He doesn't break into any of my sims' homes but I'm kind of tired of seeing him at everything, even the San Myshuno festivals. I'm thinking of deleting him and cheating up Philippe de Clermont's vampire skills so that maybe he'd be designated the grand vamp instead.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    As soon as I start a new save file one of the first things I do is erase the premade sims, and usually I demolish the premade lots as well. I fill the worlds with my own lots and Sims and really only play with them. I don’t care much for the game generated townies either, but there are just circumstances that require I interact with them like retail, restaurants and vets.
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited August 2018
    Sometimes I play with them, sometimes they're just background sims. I wouldn't describe myself as loving any of them, but I'm too lazy to delete them. Also, I was previously told deleting Sims is bad for the game, so I just let them hang out and make them homeless if I have to :p
    Post edited by mintycupcake on
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    At the moment I mainly use them as background characters (I also added a number of promotional Sims from the gallery), with my Sims interacting with them at times (as co-workers or at venues in the world). Though I'm now in the second generation, and most of the orginal townies are already dead. I do have offspring from original townies and promotional Sims married into my family (married to a brother and a sister of the main Sim I'm playing now).

I do have plans to use Johnny Zest and another premade in another save, though those plans consist of using them in a prologue for a challenge I want to play.
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I have specific saves where I play with the townies of Willow Creek/Oasis Springs, and Windenburg. Have had a lot of fun with them and will be doing new saves for San Myshuno and Brindelton Bay soon :smile:
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited August 2018
    I have been big on creating my own families from CAS. Although, I do interact with premades on a regular basis. I may start playing as some of the premades in the future. I have been deleting some of the useless or ridiculous premades, as I need some of their lots (that sounds bad). Sometimes I merge premade families: I merged Johnny Zest with one of my created sims.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I feed them lol. the premade's and townies.
    Ok, I started this at a restaurant. I had this male sim that I wanted to get his baking skills. But he had no room and no money to buy the cupcake maker. The restaurant across the street had one inside. I sent him there and he just baked every day, I would put the cupcakes and baked goods on the longer tables because it was never a large party coming to eat. and it was funny but the townies would go and eat the cupcakes and not wait for their food. I liked starting this type of trouble in the restaurant. :p

I just started doing this in the city areas where they have the food stalls and always two picnic tables. I have sims living there so I just let them bake up lots of things cupcakes, cakes, whatever, all they do is eat anyway right lol. yea they eat it. if they get fat I may give them the diet ice cream lol. But first I will test them with the weight of the world ice cream.

Let me back up a bit, Now you know the townies that belong to Maxis, well they are not allowed in my worlds. If I see one I will kill them. >:)

I use to kill most of my elders. and ugly or to extream one way or the other, unless they had a kid then I would just give them a makeover.
    But now as long as the really ugly ones do not get into my gameplay I leave them along but if they come work for me or serve me food at a restaurant I just remember their name so that I can click the x, kill them whatever you want to call it, that way i do not have to see them again. :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited August 2018
    I play with some and delete most of them. I always keep the Goths, Pancakes, Benali, Bjergsen, Pizzazz, and Hecking. They also have all had makeovers.
    Post edited by auroraael14 on
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    llane83llane83 Posts: 34 Member
    Sometimes I really get into playing with some of the premade families. For some reason, I love playing the Pancakes. In one save, they had five kids and I played them quite a bit. They were pretty good parents and were attentive to their kids.
  • Options
    llane83llane83 Posts: 34 Member
    > @auroraael14 said:
    > I play with some and delete most of them. I always keep the Goths, Pancakes, Benali, Bjergsen, Pizzazz, and Hecking. They also have all had a makeovers.

I always remake Cassandra and Alexander. Alexander is just a bit unfortunate nose wise.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited August 2018

General rule of thumb for me when playing s4 I delete all the premades with the very old and tired story's. Every so often I'll leave them in the background and ignore them (like when Jasmine comes around and you have to collect for a seasonal challenge). I find the uniqueness of the sp generated replacements fun and refreshing, because the replacements are never the same from one game save to the next.

S3 games, unless I'm playing challenge like the apocalypse or a build up a world, I leave the npc's in the background and interact as needed with them. Although the sp generated townies are usually much more colorful. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Rarely do I play an entire household. Like some others have said, normally they become playable when moved in with my family. Alternatively, they end up deleted to make room and/or undergo a serious makeover, I really like letting them do their own thing in the background, some surprising moments have resulted from this. The only exceptions are the Goths (can never bring myself to delete them, they're part of the family before they even know it, heh) and Caliente's along with Don, Huntington, Pizzazz, and the Heckings. Though, I must say, Vlad has some remarkable genes...
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I delete them because their story is over. They died out years ago, so don't play them again. Their decendents are in the game now.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I love playing with premades
    I enjoy the majority of the premade sims and play them quite often. I have one save that only has premade sims (including ones uploaded by Maxis to the gallery showing off EPs, GPs, and SPs). One of my favorite premade family is the Pancakes.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    The only time I play with premades is if my sim marries into the family, even then they tend to move in with my sim. However, I have had a sim move in with the Vatore House ^.^