Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do with premades?

Much have been said about premades in many threads already but I would like to see numbers to have an idea of how many of us care for them or not.
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

What do you do with premades? 217 votes

I love playing with premades
11%
IdontrcallJaseBlkBarbiegalimhappyelanorbretonScarbo27monkeypants1SimplyToriRedDestiny92SimKeatsshnailehTheRedLionTeslachick2HopeyStarrCanorotakenbysheephappyopiLadyLana1RexySimmerItsJanier 25 votes
I play with premades every now and then
34%
icmnfrshKita5399Cabelle1863AlexaiSikoahGraceWritin_RegIsb917CorkysPetalssimm621BloosmooMeteoraStormMariefoxprice83BoergeAarg61TiipiiLadyDecafrosehrtgirlluthienrisingloubyloulouSimberella777Vulori 74 votes
I don't play with premades and have them just as background townies
40%
GalacticGalCelticgamer0rudolphaMi9shaoscarSILVIAEGIGIZINIThunderbat87Anmirlasimgirl1010covahenasnicchant86Bagoas77shygirlldmarkoLizzychicagoKatiardguezChelleJoBriel24Anthonydyersikasika18ernesdo 88 votes
I don't care for premades and delete them from my worlds
13%
SimsontheropeIcewolfaprilrosemissmani09SimburianasimbsimMmdrgntobldrgnPaigeisin5drake_mccartysekojranatwilight_aerithfoxx_fennecAlbaWaterhousecatitude5BigCatlover26ChadSims2Internal_ChaosSomeChick1lunaoddityDestin2016 30 votes

Comments

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I keep them as a background, mostly.. but I love playing with Vlad. And lately my teen sim brought home Wolfgang Munch from school, he insulted her right away and she insulted him back, they got into a fight and now they are dating. I added him to my family since he aged to young adult two days after. He's fun to play with, he has and interesting story too thanks to MCCC.
    08-13-18_8-45-10%c2%a0PM.png
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited August 2018
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I keep them as a background, mostly.. but I love playing with Vlad. And lately my teen sim brought home Wolfgang Munch from school, he insulted her right away and she insulted him back, they got into a fight and now they are dating. I added him to my family since he aged to young adult two days after. He's fun to play with, he has and interesting story too thanks to MCCC.

What's his story?

I prefer to just leave the premades to do their own thing while I play with my own sims. Since they all have preset backstories and some of them have been around since the beginning of the series, it just doesn't feel right to me to mess with them. I think the only time I'd ever play a premade is if they married into one of my families, which so far hasn't happened; my sims usually seem to go for the townies. That being said, I think at some point it might be nice to change up my play style and play a premade family instead at some point.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Should be an other option! I love premades but I rarely play as them unless one of my sims marries one. I like to interact with them and things, but I’m a generational player so I like to begin with one of my own sims.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Tough question.

I do sometimes marry them and have them move in, so they become playable.
    I do sometimes delete them when they get on my nerves or I need their house.
    And I do actually play one premade family (the Goths).

But I picked the third option because that's what I do with most of them, i.e. nothing.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I love all the premades but actually play with only the vampire premades and mostly Vatores.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    @SiliClone I love the picture they’re so cute!

I don’t play with premades I just let them live their lives, although I did marry Don once. The marriage ended up being a big mistake and they eventually divorced, I got cute kids out of it though.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I treat them like premium townies, since they already have a personality and a story, they're better for my sims to marry than a random.

I don't play them myself though because premades in Sims 4 are sorely lacking compared to previous games. There's no interesting relationships, or hidden history, or scheduled events, so playing them usually ruins the illusion of their story-line. Just like Bob and Eliza are meant to be in an unhappy marriage, but their relationship bar suggests the opposite.

The ones I don't care about, I've deleted. Like the spencer-kim-lewis family.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’ve only just started playing with them. In my main save I play, Gunther Munch was the father of my generation 2 Sim. I didn’t really play him since he never moved in, but he was always around and had a good relationship with his daughter. I’ve just started playing with the Pancakes this week (while I am waiting out bug fixes), so far I really enjoy it and might play others in the future.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I don't really play them, they're mostly just background - unless one of my sims marries one of the single YAs. They're good for friends too - though I may have to play them to age them up some...
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Not that I don't like them. It seems like all of them are living on their own. I don't have a courage to play all the premade households. My computer is not ready for them, yet. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I don't play premades unless my Sims end up moving in with/marrying one of them. They're usually just background or friends.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Depending on the save, it could be more or less any of the last three answers. Though I haven't actually played any premades in a while, it is starting to look tempting again.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    lolabeelolabee Posts: 25 Member
    Not much at the moment but I want to start more gameplay (just started a simblr) and I will use some premades for that. I'm also considering doing townie makeovers and I migth develop the townies more when I do that and play with them a bit.
    I used to use them a lot more in previous Sims iterations but I think the fact it doesn't auto load to neighbourhood doesn't help me
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited August 2018
    I have a small pool of premades and promotional sims from the gallery that I absolutely adore and play in every save. The rest I ignore, sometimes delete.

I guess on average that counts as "occasionally"?
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I don't care for premades and delete them from my worlds
    I have nothing against them, I just don't like seeing the sims in my game in other peoples' games, doing completely different things or whatever. It really disconnects me from those sims, makes them feel impersonal.. if any of that makes sense.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited August 2018
    SiliClone wrote: »

What's his story?

I prefer to just leave the premades to do their own thing while I play with my own sims. Since they all have preset backstories and some of them have been around since the beginning of the series, it just doesn't feel right to me to mess with them. I think the only time I'd ever play a premade is if they married into one of my families, which so far hasn't happened; my sims usually seem to go for the townies. That being said, I think at some point it might be nice to change up my play style and play a premade family instead at some point.

MCCC broke up Moira and Dominique, later, Dominique married Mila Munch, and they were moved out of the house into another house with Lucas leaving Wolfagang to live alone as a teen (the other brother was already married). I suppose he wasn't happy about the new step father, since they had a very bad relationship when I looked at it. Now, he has the public enemy aspiration, that requires to see the death of a sim, so he killed his step father with pufferfish and then ran away. No one knows he did it though, at least for now..maybe Lucas suspect something. He's also BFF with Morgan, Dominique daughter.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Kind of a combination of two. Sometimes I will delete them all when I start a new save, other times I leave them there to do their own thing in the background. Well maybe a combination of 3. In some cases, my active household might end up befriending or dating a pre-made. So it's not the same thing every time for me.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited August 2018
    I’m not sure which category to vote in. I have only just discovered the fun of playing with some of the premades.
    Pancakes (Link) is my story/blog about Bob and Eliza.
    I want to keep it going awhile, but assuming there is another round when I get bored of this one, it may be with some other pre-made family. Playing with an established story and personality helped me break out of my same-old, same-old.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    There are some I play in their own save files and there are a few I ignore entirely.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I have a few saves with premades. But I still think the ones in Sims 2 are more interesting because they actually have intertwining stories.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Yea I don't play with the premades, like the goths for a example they have own story and plots though I love doing social actions with them. But I don't touch premades on less given makeover.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I only have about 3 or 4 of the premade families in game.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I play them often and they always marry my sims instead of them marrying townies.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Ona_SimmerOna_Simmer Posts: 60 Member
    I'm on my 12 generation for my main game so all of the premade townies are dead and the only ones I have are the random ones
    Origin Name : Ona_Simmer

HC9IknO.png

• Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    I just leave them in the background; I always immerse myself fully to my current household and having my sims grow from kids to adults makes me love them much more than forcing myself to immerse into a story that's already pre-made with characters I might not like or care much about.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png