Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want to see in the Sims?

I think the Sims is lacking something so I wanted your opinions on what you think needs bringing to the game. This could be in packs or updates. Please feel free to explain your answer underneath.
Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
Sims 4, 25th December 2014

What do you want to see in the Sims? 183 votes

University
22%
CK213KolbyKita5399aprilroseCabelle1863rjhenn14Writin_RegCorkysPetalsTinkerballMaryVannhaydub07BluellekimieswildrosesThangwenbrookiepeoplesgraventheierolovrr31BlueSeaWavesSimmerSophie96ZenAlchemist 41 votes
Smarter Sims
13%
alan650111IceyJKelleygirlCynnag01denswanChanticoKniga_Sitararambahadoermariajane216ByondTime89doedearMrMonty96abelhinha35filipomelYardenroWeirdosimsSAEldarinJordan061102Aliisavascactusgirl 24 votes
More Jobs
6%
IcewolfDJQ1308SheriSim57TomatplanteAuronoiChieftainStephy1231Galu8RebMarAraWolfiumEMZ_1sinsimmer 11 votes
Pre Teenagers.
7%
auroraael14rudy8292TheLibrarySimsekojranaChadSims2EnkiSchmidtHuiiie_07birdonawireEvie0602EternaltricksterTamskiMuffinouNoris007 13 votes
Wolves, Demonds, Fairys, Mermaids, etc.
13%
PlayerSinger2010VibseBloosmooAnmirlaSjofnJennyggSimmerific94CeCeDotcabx88Zeldaboy180annaliese39adele_katjennihopeLiELFSilentKittyFausti78wx_lixHarlowandMeGamingTweetyVengefulNoodles 24 votes
More realism
4%
lilpicalloLittlBowBubTaraIris94Shira3000RetinaStorm0Furball0Sassycottonhistorynerdaceheaney 9 votes
More For Kids & Teens
3%
VeronicaHerndonFrancl27MsReid113Destin2016ChazzzyListentoToppDogg 6 votes
More Romance
6%
LadyDecafcatloverplayerVuloriCinders27kristenleighwhiteTeslachick2Chibbi2TravisBlackfoxOtoyothatsnotswegAryaKhaleesiSERVERFRA 12 votes
Open World
7%
JaiSeaIObelleBagoas77Moon_Willowdavina1221RockleyfamilySummerStreakSavvySimmieAspenSimsRedSunBluesRae357tamaitreMattDhalpal1212 14 votes
Other (Comment What)
15%
grevilliabluemcruddrobyngravesrosehrtgirldrake_mccartyCinebarstilljustme2DarcVader1LizzychicagowrenstaleskirivianFlexono1Froiljcp011c212JEREMIACheekybitsElizabethMcAsitexLatinaBunnylexus20 29 votes

Comments

• Options
    kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Other (Comment What)
    More sim to sim interactions.
    martial arts
    dancing together, line dancing and slow dancing
    red hands
    tag
    pillow fights
    kicky bag
    goosing the significant other
    snuggling in bed
    shower woohoo
    ….add.... 25,000 more things that they should be able to do when one clicks on the other.

I hate that the sims 4 sims almost only interact with each other through objects - I was hoping that the roller skating, ice skating and making snow pal interactions would be more inter-active. The balloon fighting is a total let down. very disappointed about that aspect (although overall I am really loving the seasons expansion).
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Pre Teenagers.
    I would definitely have chosen university, but then I thought about how rarely I age up child sims because of this horrible gap between child and teen.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2018
    Why is smarter sims put together with the rest? Obviously smarter sims would have to be a patch, not a dlc.

And open world is clearly never going to happen. The game just wasn't made on an open world base.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Smarter Sims
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Why is smarter sims put together with the rest? Obviously smarter sims would have to be a patch, not a dlc.

And open world is clearly never going to happen. The game just wasn't made on an open world base.

The OP just said it could be in packs or updates.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Smarter Sims
    For me it's smarter sims, the game seriously needs it. If my sims can be smarter, TS4 will definitely going to be my favourite.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I picked other because the main things I want to see is bugs and glitches fixed first before anything.
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Smarter Sims
    All
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm with hunniboo1 on this one. Plus, we just got an expansion which hasn't even been fully explored yet by a great many. I don't understand the constant greedy cry out for more. It's actually quite off-putting...

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    kirivian wrote: »
    More sim to sim interactions.
    martial arts
    dancing together, line dancing and slow dancing
    red hands
    tag
    pillow fights
    kicky bag
    goosing the significant other
    snuggling in bed
    shower woohoo
    ….add.... 25,000 more things that they should be able to do when one clicks on the other.

I hate that the sims 4 sims almost only interact with each other through objects - I was hoping that the roller skating, ice skating and making snow pal interactions would be more inter-active. The balloon fighting is a total let down. very disappointed about that aspect (although overall I am really loving the seasons expansion).

Yes those are some really good ideas!

• Options
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I would definitely have chosen university, but then I thought about how rarely I age up child sims because of this horrible gap between child and teen.

Yes I have the same problem, it's like half of your story is cut out.

• Options

Read what i put above before assuming the obvious. I put that these could be through packs or updates.

• Options

The OP just said it could be in packs or updates.

Thank you! :joy:

• Options
    For me it's smarter sims, the game seriously needs it. If my sims can be smarter, TS4 will definitely going to be my favourite.

I agree, it's the little things that matter.

• Options
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    I picked other because the main things I want to see is bugs and glitches fixed first before anything.

Yes that would be helpful, then they can start making GP.

• Options
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I'm with hunniboo1 on this one. Plus, we just got an expansion which hasn't even been fully explored yet by a great many. I don't understand the constant greedy cry out for more. It's actually quite off-putting...

I see your point, but for me it is the want for it to be the perfect game and have everything in already. Seasons came out and gave me a whole new story idea, but I can't do that without the other things.

• Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Other (Comment What)
    I want to see better/improved building tools, more building options as in spiral staircases, different shaped staircases like L shaped, terrain tools, more wall colours, more flooring choices. Windows and doors that match. Building in TS4 is so much better than in any previous incarnations of the franchise that not having these things is ridiculous. I'm sure I've left out many more things that the game should have.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    I want to see better/improved building tools, more building options as in spiral staircases, different shaped staircases like L shaped, terrain tools, more wall colours, more flooring choices. Windows and doors that match. Building in TS4 is so much better than in any previous incarnations of the franchise that not having these things is ridiculous. I'm sure I've left out many more things that the game should have.

Yassss! More staircases!!!

• Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    Other (Comment What)
    University would my last choice as the whole fraternity/sororioty thing leaves me cold. I really want the colour wheel back again.
  • Options
    BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    Other (Comment What)
    Actual significant gameplay features and not the current "just look pretty" mentality.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    University
    A lot of things, but I need University most as further progression with my sim families depends on it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    University

I agree. People keep asking for it over and over again and it's been quite annoying since we'll never get it.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    - Magic of some sort
    - Revamped traits
    - bug fixes
  • Options
    RustyCicuitRustyCicuit Posts: 49 Member
    There are a lot of things I would love to see. Like better build tools, spiral/L-shaped staircases. Outlandish things, like Sims in space, or maybe even a way to implement a proper Decade progression. But I ended voting for more supernatural livestates. There is already a boat load of regular day to day gameplay and supernatural is woefully lacking. There are only two occults stages. Without werewolves, witches etc. my game is incomplete.
  • Options
    YakerRadio18YakerRadio18 Posts: 95 Member
    Other (Comment What)
    Maybe a stop motion helper option like in gmod
    Or an online multiplayer mode like The Sims online
    Origin id Yakoro18
    I like to waste oxygen, play sims 4 and pso2
    PhLRQYR.gif

• Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Other (Comment What)
    It's lots of little things i'd like to see added rather than a singular big expansion/game pack

Things like:
    foundations can be set by room rather than lot (i don't want my garden shed on a foundation xd)
    wall heights set by room (if only)
    2 storey windows (like in ts2) or at least one storey windows that combine into a realistic 2 storey window
    better clothing options for non modern gameplay (i.e. more victorian, medieval, tudor etc clothing)
    Spiral/L/U shaped staircases
    More window/door choices for tall walls
    Matching doors and windows for all sizes (too many windows have a one tile option but no 2/3 or vice versa or no matching door for small/med/tall walls)
    Better curtains that actually fit the windows
    More wall/floor choices
    better water options to create natural looking ponds rather than using a fountain/pool
    Terrain editing

that's all i can think of the top of my head, i'll add more as they come to me xd