Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Mafia [ Town Win ]

Comments

• Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    Same here. I mean, depending on how busy I am that might not work either, but activity seems a better idea to me.
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    I'm ok with the comment counting but comments like "Hey, I'm here now." should not count to it.
  • Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    Sonschi wrote: »
    I'm ok with the comment counting but comments like "Hey, I'm here now." should not count to it.

yeah i agree with that
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member

I agree, they don't add anything to the game and don't help others get any kind of read on you. It's not any better than not saying anything at all.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    So I've updated the rules slightly because I want to just try something out:
    11. Each player must put in a vote every day, even if this is a "No Vote". Players who do not put in at least one vote a day will be replaced.

This is just to help with inactivity issues some recent games have had.

Rather than basing activity on whether you make at least 1 comment every 48 hours, activity will be based upon your votes. To stay in the game you must vote for a player everyday. If you don't want to make a vote, however, saying No Vote will keep your place in the game intact. This is just so players who only post off-topic comments (such as "I'm here!") won't be considered active.

If you don't think you'll be active enough to make a vote, PM me and I might be able to make an exception.

If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Some people might just come in and be like:
    *random one post in 48hr* oh also no vote for now.
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    11. Each player must put in a vote every day, even if this is a "No Vote". Players who do not put in at least one vote a day will be replaced.

Rather than basing activity on whether you make at least 1 comment every 48 hours, activity will be based upon your votes. To stay in the game you must vote for a player everyday. If you don't want to make a vote, however, saying No Vote will keep your place in the game intact. This is just so players who only post off-topic comments (such as "I'm here!") won't be considered active.

If you don't think you'll be active enough to make a vote, PM me and I might be able to make an exception.

so they don't get replaced
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    DId you two just like my comment? Like means dislike! Hellooooo :angry::joy:
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    In the end, it's all up to the discretion of the host on what counts as activity
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    edited July 2018
    Here's my thing on it. I have the hardest time getting reads on people. So what if I literally have nothing to contribute. I feel like I shouldnt be replaced if I show that I'm here. It should be your choice when and how you contribute. You shouldn't be replaced just because the only thing you said was "hi. I'm gonna be busy today" and then later saying "sorry I couldn't be on at all." It should be the players choice to vote to lynch me as long as I show that Im here and still interested in the game. Thats what this game is. If people lynch me cause Im not active enough, fine. If I get replaced cause I only say 2 things in a day, that just doesn't make sense to me. That's just my point of view on things.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options

I hated your comment so much, I thought I'd just like it so you'd know.
    unknown.png
  • Options

I hated your comment so much, I thought I'd just like it so you'd know.

I see you're just not ready yet. We all are not ready at all. Maybe we should give up life and medidate every single second of our life until it's over. <3
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Even though the vote rule may be abused by players coming in each day and saying "No Vote", hopefully it will encourage people to make a legitimate vote instead which will help the game to progress.
    I dont know if I'll be able to put in a vote each day honestly. I feel like the posts are better tbh.
    Same here. I mean, depending on how busy I am that might not work either, but activity seems a better idea to me.

If you really don't think you'll be able to put in at least a No Vote then you can PM me and say if you'll be busy and then I can make an exception, because I don't want to have to replace people, I'm just hoping that the system will act as a fairer way to 'check-in', than off-topic comments such as "Hi I'm here!" do.

This rule, essentially, is the same as the previous '1 comment every 48 hours' rule, except players have to vote to show they're active instead of saying 'Hi'.
  • Options

so they don't get replaced

It's still annoying, but if that's all you're going to do in this game then why play?
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I’d rather have a post minimum rule, with a certain number of posts that have to be on topic per day.
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    xLunaSimsx wrote: »

yeah i agree with that
    I’d rather have a post minimum rule, with a certain number of posts that have to be on topic per day.

I guess I could try that instead, I was reluctant to implement it because I was worried it would be too strict, but I'll give it a go. It seems as if a lot of people are happy with the idea.
  • Options
    11. Each player must post at least 5 On-Topic Comments per day. Comments will be decided upon by the host whether they count as on-topic or not, however this will be a very liberal, but fair, judgement. Players who don't not meet this criteria will be replaced. If you know you'll be busy then please PM me and I may be able to make an exception.

Okeydokey, Rule 11 has been updated... again :joy:
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Sonschi Sorry, but tbh the last game made me REALLY stressed and I hated everything about it. I even had 1-2 panic attacks due to it and left the forums for several days. This is my first post I've made after returning. I've decided that I'm never participating in a mafia game again.
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    edited July 2018
    @the_greenplumbob some things have come up so, I don't think I can play this game.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @Sonschi Sorry, but tbh the last game made me REALLY stressed and I hated everything about it. I even had 1-2 panic attacks due to it and left the forums for several days. This is my first post I've made after returning. I've decided that I'm never participating in a mafia game again.

Hi, don't worry I totally understand - your mental health is what's most important, so don't feel like you need to apologise for not signing up :)
    @the_greenplumbob some things have come up so, I don't think I can play this game.

That's ok :)
  • Options
    Sooo... we need 2 more people now...

Ideas :#
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

We can get Cog and Shade to play, right?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Sonschi Sorry, but tbh the last game made me REALLY stressed and I hated everything about it. I even had 1-2 panic attacks due to it and left the forums for several days. This is my first post I've made after returning. I've decided that I'm never participating in a mafia game again.

It’s okay <3 mafia can get stressful at times, and your mental health is much more important :)
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

We can get Cog and Shade to play, right?

@simscognito hasn't answered yet so I don't know if he can play, but hopefully he can :smiley:
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    So unless Cog and Shady can join, or 2 other people sign up, we may have to play with 11 players - that would mean having 3 Mafiosos and 8 Townies (would that work?), because I'd like to go into pre-game sometime today, and begin the game at 0:00 BST.
  • Options
    So unless Cog and Shady can join, or 2 other people sign up, we may have to play with 11 players - that would mean having 3 Mafiosos and 8 Townies (would that work?), because I'd like to go into pre-game sometime today, and begin the game at 0:00 BST.

And when will that be?
    unknown.png