Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited July 2018
    ~Chapter 1 : Introduction ~

Once upon a time, in the sunny and lively town of Willow Creek, a town filled with unique and interesting characters, lived the Goth Family, a peculiar and mysterious household, hidden within the dimly lit regions of this friendly neighbourhood. Their isolated lifestyle didn’t phase them however, as despite of this, their happiness could be found within the comfort of their own home.

One morning, a half asleep Mortimer Goth rolled over on his bed, in hopes to cuddle up against his beloved wife, yet was awoken fully by the realisation that the side of the bed Bella Goth usually occupied was empty. Frantically patting the groove that had formed on the opposite side of the mattress, Mortimer could only wish that Bella was just out for one of her morning jogs - yet this dream was later dismissed once Bella’s disappearance turned from hours, into days.

Alexander and Cassandra were both nervously seated in Willow Creek’s Local Police Station feeling nothing but sorrow, while Mortimer filed a missing person’s report. The family were left unamused by the lack of confidence the police officers displayed in finding Bella, and so, the father of the household pleaded with the officers, begging them to allow the family to start their own private investigation instead, in order to speed up the process - which, to the family’s surprise, was granted. However, strict rules and regulations were to be put into place to make sure that the investigation would run smoothly:

I will be using this setup for this game.

Main Rules
    1. I will post all my game posts in Seagreen. Do not post in these colors.
    2. This is a mafia game. You shouldn't take it personally.
    3. I use random.org when picking your roles. It's not my fault if you don't get the role you want.
    4. All times posted will be in BST (British Summer Time).
    5. I will not be using the hammer mechanic.
    6. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched. In the case of a tie, whoever had that number of votes first will be lynched. If someone unvotes to cause the tie, the person who had more votes before the unvote will be lynched.
    7. No Voting and Unvoting is allowed.
    8. Bold your vote or it doesn't count (e.g. Vote Plumbob).
    9. Avoid talking on topic during night. You're all supposed to be asleep, after all. Talking off-topic is fine.
    10. Those who have the ability to use a night action, Please PM me when it's night time.
    11. Each player must post at least 5 On-Topic Comments per day. Comments will be decided upon by the host whether they count as on-topic or not, however this will be a very liberal, but fair, judgement. Players who don't not meet this criteria will be replaced. If you know you'll be busy then please PM me and I may be able to make an exception.
    12. You must not post PM's from the host(s) in the game thread.
    13. You cannot edit your post. Even if it's an irritating thing, you shouldn't. Unless I told you to do so. If you need to edit a post, quote the post and edit the quote.
    14. You cannot whisper.
    15. Role Claiming is allowed.
    16. Please try and be as active as possible. Inactivity makes the game boring.
    17. Any Newbie Players must be respected.
    18. If you're not in the game, whether your dead or not in the game at all, try not to talk on topic.
    19. This is still The Sims Forums for us Sims Players and not a Mafia Site. You should be familiar with the forum rules.
    20. By signing up, you are agreeing to these rules. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or post it on the thread.

Rules Regarding Replacing a Player
    1. VT’s that are killed/lynched are elligable to be put on the replacement list. Let me know if you want to replace if needed.
    2. Anyone who wants to be a replacement, let me know and you will also go on the list.
    3. If I need a replacement, I will take the person at the top of the list.
    4. You can only replace 1 person; so if you are killed, replace someone, and are killed again, or simply replace someone and are killed; you will NOT be put on the replacement list again

Mechanics
    1. Daystart
    2. Pregame the mafia picks the three powerroles the town has. Those roles are then randomly given to three town players.
    3. Cop is guaranteed to be sane.
    4. Innocent Child PM's the mod when he or she wants to be declared innocent. The Mod will then announce it in the next post.

Roles
    3 Mafia Goons
    0-1 Innocent Child
    0-1 Tracker
    0-1 1-Shot Cop
    0-1 Jailkeeper
    0-1 2-Shot Vigilante
    7 Townies

Alexander, Cassandra and Mortimer spent the next few days pinning up posters, sending out flyers, and placing advertisements on milk cartons which asked people to sign up and join their investigation. All they had to do now, was wait…
    Post edited by the_greenplumbob on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    1. Dekay (Vanilla Townie) - Killed Night 2
    2. Sub Bubbz
    3. Icey Lilli (Mafia Goon) - Lynched Day 3
    4. Sonschi
    5. City (1-Shot Cop) - Killed Night 3
    6. Bella (Mafia Goon) -Lynched Day 4
    7. Lilli (Vanilla Townie) - Lynched Day 1
    8. Broncos (Mafia Goon) - Lynched Day 4
    9. Luna (Innocent Child) - Killed Night 1
    10. Zinnia Dekay
    11. Bubbz (Vanilla Townie) - Lynched Day 2

Replacement List:
    1. City

Also, please feel free to join my afterlife whether you're dead, alive, or just spectating :)
    Post edited by the_greenplumbob on
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Um, me. :naughty:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Um, me. :naughty:

Um, added :joy:
  • Options
    SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Sign me up.
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    Sign me up.

Added :)
  • Options
    CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Me please!
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    Me please!

• Options
    I'm thinking, to save time I'm going to send out characters as people sign up. This won't have your role however because the mafia will choose that during pre-game, but it will have your alignment. Also don't reveal which character you have (obviously).
  • Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    I'm really tempted to play but I'm not sure how active I could be with all the learning (I'm so done with it... -.-). If you don't mind to only have like 50% of my usual activity then you can sign me up :)
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'll play! This looks like an awesome setup
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Sonschi wrote: »
    I'm really tempted to play but I'm not sure how active I could be with all the learning (I'm so done with it... -.-). If you don't mind to only have like 50% of my usual activity then you can sign me up :)

Are you sure? I don't want to be the reason you end up failing because you played a mafia game instead of revising. I'll put you on the list anyway though.
    citysimmer wrote: »

Added, thank you :smiley:
  • Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Sonschi wrote: »

Are you sure? I don't want to be the reason you end up failing because you played a mafia game instead of revising. I'll put you on the list anyway though.
    citysimmer wrote: »

Added, thank you :smiley:

Nah don't worry. I'm almost done with all the stuff and only need to revise it again. Worst case would be that I would ask for a replacement.
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    I'll play!
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    I'll play!

• Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    Ya know what? I'll play.
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Sign me up!
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    ME PLEASE!!!!
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    Ya know what? I'll play.
    Sign me up!
    ME PLEASE!!!!

• Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Wow! We only need three more players!
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    Wow! We only need three more players!

Hopefully that means we can start the game either today or tomorrow! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    So I've updated the rules slightly because I want to just try something out:
    11. Each player must put in a vote every day, even if this is a "No Vote". Players who do not put in at least one vote a day will be replaced.

This is just to help with inactivity issues some recent games have had.

Rather than basing activity on whether you make at least 1 comment every 48 hours, activity will be based upon your votes. To stay in the game you must vote for a player everyday. If you don't want to make a vote, however, saying No Vote will keep your place in the game intact. This is just so players who only post off-topic comments (such as "I'm here!") won't be considered active.

If you don't think you'll be active enough to make a vote, PM me and I might be able to make an exception.

If you have any questions feel free to ask :)
  • Options
    So I've updated the rules slightly because I want to just try something out:
    11. Each player must put in a vote every day, even if this is a "No Vote". Players who do not put in at least one vote a day will be replaced.

This is just to help with inactivity issues some recent games have had.

Rather than basing activity on whether you make at least 1 comment every 48 hours, activity will be based upon your votes. To stay in the game you must vote for a player everyday. If you don't want to make a vote, however, saying No Vote will keep your place in the game intact. This is just so players who only post off-topic comments (such as "I'm here!") won't be considered active.

If you don't think you'll be active enough to make a vote, PM me and I might be able to make an exception.

If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Oh, those people are gonna look suspicious as heck tho but I'm living for it. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    But if they just put no vote and go offline, then they are still inactive anyways. And that's not helping. :joy:
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    But if they just put no vote and go offline, then they are still inactive anyways. And that's not helping. :joy:

Hmm... that's a good point... I dunno, just don't do that... please :joy: