Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is my first pet stuff really the worst stuff pack released?

I know there is a huge discussion on EA selling us DLC for DLC but apart from that do you guys really think that my first pet stuff is the worst pack released, given that some of the others were spooky stuff, cool kitchen and romantic garden?

Is my first pet stuff really the worst stuff pack released? 186 votes

Yes
52%
JaiSeaDerellaJasejeLlyBeAn1573UnDutchableimhappySimpatsyannkeekee53fadingaudioCynnaAmyRoseMillsBagoas77mock68marcel21hadklaxmlmeadowsc_ferrisLustianiciataydevjcp011c2 97 votes
No
47%
rudy8292Kita5399LaBlue0314amerradriverdreamergrl84BlkBarbiegalPlayerSinger2010Writin_RegmcruddSimburiansimm621BloosmooRococo1256Beardedgeekinvisiblgirlsimgirl1010cchant86robyngravesdrake_mccartyalejandro15039 89 votes

Comments

• Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    No
    Imo romantic garden is way worst that MFPS and so does cool kitchen. The first one gave us cheating game object in the form of wishing well and the other one an ice cream machine that I never use. I think that the rodent cage in MFPS is way more fun compared to these..Most of the controversy imo comes from the fact that people think it should be released as a part of Cats and Digs. Do you guys agree?
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    No
    I'm not that big a fan of Spooky Stuff or Toddler/Kid Stuff as I don't use any of those as often as I use MFP. I put the round coffee table (one of my favorite items of the entire game) in every house I have now. I also loved Romantic Garden, it's one of my top favorites because I love to have beautiful gardens in my homes too and I use stuff from that pack in every build as well.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    No
    That stuff is definitely subjective. I don't think any of those are the worst but I enjoy all the stuff packs to some degree. Especially spooky stuff. I'm one of those halloween fanatics.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’m torn.

Content wise, I’ve always felt Luxury Party Stuff has been the most useless release.

Principle wise, My First Pet Stuff is the worst because these items should have been included with Pets.

It’s a toss up I suppose.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    Imo romantic garden is way worst that MFPS and so does cool kitchen. The first one gave us cheating game object in the form of wishing well and the other one an ice cream machine that I never use. I think that the rodent cage in MFPS is way more fun compared to these..Most of the controversy imo comes from the fact that people think it should be released as a part of Cats and Digs. Do you guys agree?

Welp, meanwhile RG is my all time favorite SP :p
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    No
    I haven’t bought MFPS as I don’t want more clothes and items for my pets. But, can someone tell me if the hamsters are good pets? I love hamsters and was super let down by them in TS3 where they were more like objects than pets.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    No
    I think Perfect Patio is kind of worse than even the travesty of MFP. You're essentially paying for just a hot tub + some extra decor. At least MFP had a bit more substance to it though I still can't agree with its creation and how they sold it to us.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    No
    I haven’t bought MFPS as I don’t want more clothes and items for my pets. But, can someone tell me if the hamsters are good pets? I love hamsters and was super let down by them in TS3 where they were more like objects than pets.

I like them! You can play with them, have about 3 friendly and 3 mean talk options with them, feed them a treat and they also have cute adventures randomly. I have seen "raves", they have travels and bring you back postcards to stick on the front of their cage in a collage, and they also write books which give you royalties of up to $500. (I haven't seen another amount so I don't know if it varies.) There are other cute things they get up to that don't do anything for you but just give you a cute notification. They make me smile.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited July 2018
    No
    To me the worst is Movie Hangout. Were they for real? A stuff pack who's main feature is a bunch of random Sims 3 clips?? :|
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2018
    No
    No. I cannot now remember which stuff pack I got the least pleasure from but though I think the DLC should have been included in Cats and Dogs, my elder Sims get a lot of fun from their hamsters. There's not a lot for them to do otherwise. I'm always afraid they'll drop dead on a long dog walk! >:)
  • Options
    simmer_grrlsimmer_grrl Posts: 1 New Member
    No
    I LOVE THE PET STUFF PACK!!!
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    No

I like them! You can play with them, have about 3 friendly and 3 mean talk options with them, feed them a treat and they also have cute adventures randomly. I have seen "raves", they have travels and bring you back postcards to stick on the front of their cage in a collage, and they also write books which give you royalties of up to $500. (I haven't seen another amount so I don't know if it varies.) There are other cute things they get up to that don't do anything for you but just give you a cute notification. They make me smile.

They can write books?! Awww now I want this pack!
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    No
    And lets not forget the new disease anddeath type...It is the first time we get a disease you can die from...
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    No
    Even though My First Pet stuff had some stuff that should've been included in Cats and Dogs, it is not the worst. Luxury Party Stuff is my least favorite. I bought it in a bundle, because deals, and there was almost nothing there except a chocolate fountain. I feel bad for those who bought Luxury Party Stuff...
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes
    Yes, in the sense this should not have been a stuff pack but part of Pets. But also no, because I use the items more than some other packs. I was at least interested in this despite the whole DLC for DLC thing. I find several (luxury party and movie hangout and fitness) to be less interesting. Ultimately I voted yes because of the whole marketing strategy of the thing, much like Chazzzy. Even though I did buy it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    No
    I like all the stuff packs. :)
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes
    The content itself isn't terrible... it's the fact that it was created as a completely different stuff pack, instead of being included with 'Cats & Dogs' to begin with. This is the first stuff pack in the franchise's history that I 100% refuse to purchase. I've bought EVERY stuff pack in Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4... until this one came along. I shouldn't have to spend an extra $10 for content that should already be included in a previous expansion pack.

If the content was free or came with 'Cats & Dogs', then I wouldn't be having these feelings. Like I said, the overall content looks great! However, I'm not selling out of my morals. I refuse to pay for content I should already have.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Trusty_McCoolGuyTrusty_McCoolGuy Posts: 13 New Member
    Yes
    It's a reskin of cats & dogs objects for the most part.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I don't have that one, but the fitness pack is pretty awful - especially with season as the main appeal from it (the climbing wall) ends up broken 90% of the time.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    My main complaint with this pack is the way it came to be. The content should have been included in Cats and Dogs or given to us in an update. The whole thing just smacked of greed on EA's part and that did not sit well with me. I will remain firm in my decision not to purchase the pack. Yes, I realize I might be missing out on having a full collection of Sims4 packs but sometimes one has to take a stand and remain true to one's convictions.
  • Options
    ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    Yes
    Yep. For me it is. I use romantic garden stuff, including the wishing well. Just used it to bring my sim's husband back to life. Luxury party stuff is pretty bad but I use the clothes and the buffet tables a lot. I personally LOVE cool kitchen stuff. I use the ice cream maker constantly. Spooky stuff gave us a fake halloween before seasons and now it's just extra stuff for halloween which is good. I use fitness stuff to do up my gyms which is where I put the climbing walls now. Just don't know why they have to have so much of the same thing.
    Pet stuff pack is trash imo. I think of it and all I can think of is the rodent and the book shelf/craft table that I use with my kids sometimes. That's literally it. And the death is so stupid. I doubt I'll ever do it. A disease is cool, but turning into a giant hamster? Um.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes
    I haven't bought it, and I don't know if I ever will. Honestly the new death/disease is the only interesting part of that pack. The gameplay object is forgettable to say the least. And the animations aren't even anyhting out of this world. Other packs have done much better.

Then there's the whole thing about the pack being tied to another dlc pack which is unthinkable.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes
    Even though My First Pet stuff had some stuff that should've been included in Cats and Dogs, it is not the worst. Luxury Party Stuff is my least favorite. I bought it in a bundle, because deals, and there was almost nothing there except a chocolate fountain. I feel bad for those who bought Luxury Party Stuff...

That made me laugh so much...

Although I do like Luxury Party Stuff. I like that my sims can have the ability to eat chocolate and caramel covered fruits and such. The banquet table is also handy in parties.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    No
    No, the perfect patio pack is worse. The only time I ever use it is for the bathing suits.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    No
    For me No. There are no worst pack for me since I use them all, as long as I get enjoyment from the pack, I am happy with it.