Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is my first pet stuff really the worst stuff pack released?

Comments

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No
    Not when Spooky Stuff exists.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited July 2018
    No
    Nah at least not for myself personally.

Should the stuff in it just have been included with Pets instead? Maybe, probably, Yes? But I'm not going to judge the pack itself based on my feelings about how it's release was handled. Judging it soley based on what it includes and not all the drama surrounding it I think it's a great pack. I love the stuff included in it and know I'll use a LOT of the stuff in it quite a bit. Which is more then I can say about Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchens or Luxury Party where maybe I'll use one or two items from each pack every once in a while.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    cityboundcitybound Posts: 61 Member
    Even though My First Pet stuff had some stuff that should've been included in Cats and Dogs, it is not the worst. Luxury Party Stuff is my least favorite. I bought it in a bundle, because deals, and there was almost nothing there except a chocolate fountain. I feel bad for those who bought Luxury Party Stuff...

tbh i only bought the luxury party stuff due to that tall spiky hair (i call it troll hair) for males. lmao.

it's a total waste of my money, but usually i buy the stuff packs for the cas items really.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    No
    Brindleton wrote: »
    To me the worst is Movie Hangout. Were they for real? A stuff pack who's main feature is a bunch of random Sims 3 clips?? :|

The giant screen is great for my rich families (especially playing video games on it) and the movies are a quick way to build Fun when my Sims get stressed out at work or school.

Back to the topic at hand -- probably Luxury Party is the least useful but I've used the content to make wedding venues. I've made use of the content in every SP, maybe not all of it but a great deal of it.

As for MFP, I've been discovering more little tidbits. For example, if children Study Rodent, that takes care of their homework for the day which is a lot cooler than just working in a workbook.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    No
    Not for me, although I can understand why some people feel that way. It certainly isn't one of my favourites and honestly I don't use it much, but the hamster is cute. Spooky Stuff is probably my least favourite.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    No
    I like it a lot, and really love the tiny little Hedgehog. I love all the content too - that small desk is adorable - and this time I feel they finally have done a great job on the small pets, the cages, etc than past versions. The little adventures is a cute and different thing for sure.

I was hoping there would be more small pets packs coming in the future too - but sadly don't see this happening now.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    No
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Nah at least not for myself personally.

Should the stuff in it just have been included with Pets instead? Maybe, probably, Yes? But I'm not going to judge the pack itself based on my feelings about how it's release was handled. Judging it soley based on what it includes and not all the drama surrounding it I think it's a great pack. I love the stuff included in it and know I'll use a LOT of the stuff in it quite a bit. Which is more then I can say about Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchens or Luxury Party where maybe I'll use one or two items from each pack every once in a while.

How - it was made several months AFTER Cats & Dogs was finished by a totally separate Sims team.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes
    I would have liked more content in the pack (maybe another pet or more stuff for the pet?), and I don’t like the idea of locking up and requiring non-base content behind one pack.

I did end up getting it much later, after I got Cats & Dogs first. (I wouldn’t want to get it if I didn’t have C&D to unlock some of the pack’s items.).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Yes
    I don't believe that they purposely left out content from C&D's to put in this SP but you can clearly see that some of the items in it go with some of the items in C&D's to create a complete set. So I think some of the items are items that didn't get finished in time and instead of just patching them in they were told to package it into a SP. I did buy it because I'm a completionist but I would of preferred if it was held back until at least a year that way pets wouldn't of been so fresh on our minds and it wouldn't of felt so much like a cash grab.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    No
    Speaking of,how come the Movie Night TVs are not the best TVs?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    No
    Probably not, but it's stuff that should have been included with Cats and Dogs to begin with, I mean some things have the same design as if it was meant to be in Cats and Dogs but they somehow decided to split it instead.....

The worst may be Cool Kitchen stuff, because it seriously lacks....cool kitchen stuff! At least they could have added several types of counters and cabinets. And wall ovens. And a blender maybe, or another appliance that brought new recipes for everyday.

But generally speaking, I think the SPs don't have enough content.

• Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited August 2018
    I don't think it's the worst pack in terms of content. Of course small pets are good content. But packs that require other packs are an awful idea. As is separating content that used to be in one pack.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Yes
    I only say yes because of how inconsistent the theme is throughout the pack. It’s called My First Pet Stuff with the theme tailored towards children, but a lot of the B.B. don’t match each other, the only new hairs are for adults when they should’ve been for children and/or toddlers, there are way too many recoloured objects, if you’re going to recolour existing items as a fairly large portion of the pack at least give me more than five additional swatches, overall it’s just a weird pack. At least the rodents are done well, my only wish is that instead of giving us a bunch of recoloured objects, just give us two or three more brand new items. Sure the pack would be down ten items, but at least we’d have some brand new stuff to work with.
  • Options
    CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    Yes
    Cupid wrote: »
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    Imo romantic garden is way worst that MFPS and so does cool kitchen. The first one gave us cheating game object in the form of wishing well and the other one an ice cream machine that I never use. I think that the rodent cage in MFPS is way more fun compared to these..Most of the controversy imo comes from the fact that people think it should be released as a part of Cats and Digs. Do you guys agree?

Welp, meanwhile RG is my all time favorite SP :p

I use Cool Kitchen and romantic garden ALL of the time.
  • Options
    LimorzLimorz Posts: 77 Member
    No
    Don't get we wrong, I think it's a really bad pack but the worst for me was toddler stuff pack.. it came with nice outfits and stuff but I was hoping for things like strollers and changing tabels and new fun interactions while in reality there was this ball pit? why sims why :(
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Yes
    Personally, I think it is.

People trash movie hangout stuff but the house items and decor are GORGEOUS. It has such a special style and I was shocked by how much was included in the pack. Even the CAS clothing items look great. I use the stuff in almost every household I play.

That being said, I'm not about to buy my first pet stuff. I already bought pets (for full price!!!!!) and I'm not about to spend ANOTHER 10 dollars added onto the 50 dollars I paid for the expansion pack, especially considering all the stuff is basically just more recolors that should have been included in the main game. I just wish it was more unique and had more stuff.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    brittmspaceballsbrittmspaceballs Posts: 21 Member
    Yes
    I actually really enjoy the cool kitchen and romantic garden packs. I use them all the time. The only thing that's viable to me in MFPS is the hamster and you can't really do much with it. The only cool things are notifications that I have to wait for. The majority of the objects were exactly like what was in Cats & Dogs. I do like that they added blinds but I haven't found a house they fit in yet. The aquarium table is beautiful but I just wish it actually worked as an aquarium. I only got the pack while it was on sale and I still think it was a waste of money.
  • Options
    OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    Yes
    I agree with what some have said. It is not that the pack is bad, but that it felt as it should have been included in Cats and Dogs. That alone is why I don't like the pack nor am I willing to get it.
  • Options
    Sweeties29Sweeties29 Posts: 47 Member
    Yes
    YES! It absolutely ridiculosly SUCKS!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Yes
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    No
    For the record MFP stuff is not a pack I own, nor is it one I intend on getting. What it includes is great, but what it includes is also stuff that should have been in the pets pack they released a couple months before. DLC for DLC doesn’t get my money.

That being said, the worst stuff pack in my opinion is romantic garden stuff. I really like the wishing well, I do, but in general a stuff pack for a garden is pretty useless. Most of the new content was foliage and not even pretty things. Most of the plants come in bizarre colors that don’t match the aesthetic of the game nor do they match any of the other plants. I’ll admit it adds a few nice benches, and a couple nice sculptures but a handful of objects and a wishing well are not enough to warrant a $10 tag. Second to worst is cool kitchen, which failed to focus where the title suggests.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    No
    MFP came out months after C&D, and I personally feel it was made after C&D was done and being published or whatever, so I don't ascribe to the idea that items were cut or moved around from one pack to the other. To me, a pack is 'bad' or worse than another based on what it provides or doesn't. MFP provides a lot, and definitely more than the earlier SPs do. Until Seasons came along with its holidays, Spooky Stuff was practically useless except in extreme niche situations. And even with holidays, it's still only useful on specific holidays, probably once or twice a 'year'.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Yes
    I mean, it shouldn't even had ever existed in the first place. It's worse than merely bad.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    dragonkiwiidragonkiwii Posts: 124 Member
    No
    Nope. I think the worst pack might be Spooky Stuff. Some might disagree, but I'm pretty happy with just giving them some odd clothes and a lot of makeup and calling it a costume. I really think all of the packs have something that make them awesome. Even Spooky Stuff, because of the pumpkins.
    i like anime and stuff
  • Options
    JibartJibart Posts: 28 Member
    No
    I agree with Spooky Stuff being my least favorite, it just feels like is should of been a free update like Holiday one (or folded into that one)