Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Contradiction Regarding Quarterly Teasers

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    I am 38, I am on Twitter, bute I hate that @SimGuruKate or @SimGuruGrant communicate almost exclusively on Twitter. Because time zone! When they start poll I and other nonUSA players sleep.... I think that is not fair!
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    I am 38, I am on Twitter, bute I hate that @SimGuruKate or @SimGuruGrant communicate almost exclusively on Twitter. Because time zone! When they start poll I and other nonUSA players sleep.... I think that is not fair!

But they have these polls for almost 2 days? I'm in a different time zone as well, but I don't have any issues with not being able to vote
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Getting back to the actual topic.

We had loads of packs on the Sims3 and store packs every time you turned around. I'm not going to give the excuse of wanting better quality and less content. After I made Sims3 vanilla right before Supernatural, I have all packs & the store completely and my game runs fine. That means no mods or cc at all to mess stuff up and a machine that actually has the ability to run a game. If my so so computer Asus, has the ability to get Sims3 stuff hand over fist and work fine, then the newer & should be more stabler S4 should be all the better.

I don't have to have quarterly trailers, but I do want twice the content we are getting now or more. For those of us who want more, the store was a huge enabler & not getting hardly a thing now & less inside the EPs and the GP/SP is very discouraging. If they are planning to ditch the SPs and give more EPs/GPs as often as possible, then I can handle that if we actually get some of them sooner rather than later.

S4 is getting better. I do love having more options with all that has come out recently and the game is starting to flesh out a little more. What S3 had that S4 is just starting to get is options. The options in S3 are just too numerous. I don't feel that way in S4. Def. Jungle, Seasons, Pets, and toddler stuff has improved play tremendously. Would love collecting insects, small pets, & cars back as well as an incredible Farming EP, Schools R Us(Elementary, high school, college- more emphasis on learning and less on kegging/partying), and a Jobs EP- small like the grocery store, pizza planet, babysitting ect. & House builder, interior decorator, and stylists.

What do you mean by the bolded section? When you say options do you mean like setting options? Or more so game play options? I mean Sims 3 has a ton of customization options, like the ability to choose which occult's can and can't spawn in your game, or the precise length of aging and seasons, more build tools, etc. but I feel like Sims 4 has way more game play options than Sims 3 did, I mean take game play tools like Holidays and Clubs, countless options there, but also more down to earth game play options like the open ended parenting added in Parenthood, or the intense vampires, both parenting and vampires in Sims 4 has such an immense amount of options for open ended game play and story telling. In Sims 3 you were given parenting aspects but the game played it for you, for example in Sims 3 Generations, you can't really be a bad parent because the game automatically gets the parent sims to ground or punish children when they do something bad, or even something as simple as the fixed curfew time, and even with the curfew, you could get your young sims to be out past curfew, but then the game would jump in and get a police officer to drive the child home. Vampires in Sims 3 is a very 'what you see is what you get' type thing, it's a fixed game play mechanic that can't be changed or customized further. So to me, Sims 4 has more game play options/variety because a lot of the game play mechanics are quite open ended, while in Sims 3 they're 'fixed' and can't be changed. You are right however, a lot of this stuff is recent with Sims 4, and I hope they keep it up.
  • Options
    CeCeDot wrote: »

But they have these polls for almost 2 days? I'm in a different time zone as well, but I don't have any issues with not being able to vote

24 hours max. And I think that first vote for about occult life was shorter.... I vote sometime. Sometime is poll ended... And it is not only about vote, discussion is life when it is fresh, after eight hour is not life.

How often your visited Twitter?
    And I must create new profile, for SimsGuru tracked only. So maybe I can poll often...
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Quickly popping in here but let's stop the gatekeeping conversations - they're not productive and dismissive to newcomers and series vets alike. Thank you!
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

24 hours max. And I think that first vote for about occult life was shorter.... I vote sometime. Sometime is poll ended... And it is not only about vote, discussion is life when it is fresh, after eight hour is not life.

How often your visited Twitter?
    And I must create new profile, for SimsGuru tracked only. So maybe I can poll often...

24 hours is enough time for me, since I check Twitter daily a few times. Not just for the Sims and guru's, but youtubers as well.
    Sim guru grant is on Twitter to hear your ideas and discussions! They even visit the forums for ideas. And he's willing to answer questions about anything, even if the topic has died out.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I think a major reason they use Twitter is for convenience. Compared to the forum where the notifications barely work and keeping up with conversations is tedious, etc. At least the recent polls lasted several days to help with the time zone differences. You can still vote when you wake up. :)
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member

How would them posting the polls on the forums instead of Twitter solve your time zone issue?
  • Options

How would them posting the polls on the forums instead of Twitter solve your time zone issue?
    On forum is poll longer, isnt it? No time limit? And I dont say that, forum solve my time zone problem, only that is so little unfair.

I think that they go primarily to twitter because of its flat, simplified ... Like TS4.

I see it in dogs. Classical forums are shrinking, but if you're in trouble, they're the best place to get advice. Fb and twitter are a totally empty post about nothing.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

On forum is poll longer, isnt it? No time limit? And I dont say that, forum solve my time zone problem, only that is so little unfair.

I think that they go primarily to twitter because of its flat, simplified ... Like TS4.

I see it in dogs. Classical forums are shrinking, but if you're in trouble, they're the best place to get advice. Fb and twitter are a totally empty post about nothing.

Forums may have no time limit, but they'll say that after 24hours they will look at the results and then no more.
    Twitter or fb aren't flat or simplified either. You get a way bigger audience over there then here on the forum. Besides, I'm in a fb group about the Sims 4 where I can go with my questions. And on Twitter I can more easily communicate with the sim guru's, here on the forum it would be a mess
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm actually OK with this, the Seasons suprise was awesome and I really enjoyed being taken by suprise. I dont mind waiting 3 months without any news. There's so much to do in game now to keep me busy over that period of no news anyway. That and I'm a console player so in a way I don't really get periods of no news as I'm either waiting on PC or waiting on console announcements.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

Forums may have no time limit, but they'll say that after 24hours they will look at the results and then no more.
    Twitter or fb aren't flat or simplified either. You get a way bigger audience over there then here on the forum. Besides, I'm in a fb group about the Sims 4 where I can go with my questions. And on Twitter I can more easily communicate with the sim guru's, here on the forum it would be a mess

This is one thing I still don't understand. Why there is more interaction on social media then on the games official forums. It's a shame for those who miss out as they don't have a twitter account.
  • Options

This is one thing I still don't understand. Why there is more interaction on social media then on the games official forums. It's a shame for those who miss out as they don't have a twitter account.

Broad audience.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    This means no more Stuff Packs, maybe 2 or 3 Game Packs per year and 1 or 2 Expansion Packs per year. I'm not really happy about that to be honest, I really loved the Stuff Packs.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    This means no more Stuff Packs, maybe 2 or 3 Game Packs per year and 1 or 2 Expansion Packs per year. I'm not really happy about that to be honest, I really loved the Stuff Packs.

No one said there will be no more stuff packs though?
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    How did you come to the conclusion that we won't get any SP anymore? They won't cut that out.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

That's your assumption, not a fact. Unless you have a source? We may get fewer SPs, but nowhere has it been stated that they've stopped SP production.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Bigger audience and the audience EA want are there.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    So we’re gatekeeping who’s a “real” simmer and generalizing groups of simmers/Sims fans now?

Well, I’m on Twitter now, and I voted on the polls. And I’m in my late 20’s AND have played all of the past Sims games.

I consider myself a Sims fan, thanks.

Tell me where in my post I said who's a real fan and who's not. And tell me where I said you weren't? I don't see anyone here talking about any of that..

All I did was state a simple fact that there is a huge difference between players who choose forums as their preferred way of engaging in the community and those who use twitter? No need to be so hostile.

Well, the part of your post about how twitter has mostly people in their 20’s who are all EA cheerleaders and who have no standards regarding Sims games and who are not longtime fans of sims games made me think otherwise.

Apologies if that’s not your intended message.

I’m on Twitter now, so I’m now part of that twitter population, and I’ve played sims as a child and also during teen years.

So I don’t think we should be making over-generalizations or start judging people who are on twitter and social media. All sorts of people use social media, including my mother and her friends who are in their 50s, heading into 60s.

Besides... Some of us like the positivity, after all of that constant doom and gloom that this forum had at Sims 4’s launch and the dark toddler times, lol.

ETA: But, again, I’m sorry if that is not what you were saying. That’s how I interpreted it, and if I misinterpreted, I deeply apologize for my offended behavior.

It’s just these forums would occasionally give me that simmers vs simmers vibe about who’s a true longtime simmer fan and who’s just a casual simmer or newbie simmer who doesn’t appreciate the good ol’ days, etc. And I still get that vibe regarding people’s behaviors towards certain demographics.

Sometimes there really are just casual players who haven't invested all their hobby time into The Sims. You would agree that's possible right? There are a few casual players who aren't really Sim fans, true, right? Sometimes, they really don't understand when some of us old folks talk about the good ol' days, and why we know some things about later games aren't as implemented as good as in the past. Modders probably understand this better than anyone. It's extremely hard to mod something that isn't even in the game and sometimes those reasons given to modders of why something was never put in the game or why it was set in such a strict fashion where as before things were not giving modders the freedom to alter and or enhance something may not be obvious to a casual Simmer. A casual Simmer is someone who can take or leave the game or whatever was done with toddlers, or vampires, or cats and dogs etc. Not saying they don't like the games, they do, but sometimes they think the purpose of The Sims was to 'win' always looking for an end result. Long time players or who people call veterans know The Sims was never meant to be played as an end game, and therefore any restrictions on it in that manner doesn't hold up to it's roots. Casual players ar looking for the end game. It's not about age but style of how someone views games and what the results are supposed to be. Where as The Sims was never meant to have any end game winning results. It's the journey not the goals.

Some of this forum adhere to those ideas of the journey and not the goals or how to 'complete' or 'win'. And sometimes we don't always feel valued anymore when we were the reason The Sims is alive and well today. Our first dollar is why they are still here. Maybe it's pride but without us and the modders from the beginning and Will Wright's vision to never have an 'end game' we sometimes feel casual players just don't get it. But of course anyone and everyone can be a 'true' Simmer.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    agustd wrote: »
    So we’re gatekeeping who’s a “real” simmer and generalizing groups of simmers/Sims fans now?

Well, I’m on Twitter now, and I voted on the polls. And I’m in my late 20’s AND have played all of the past Sims games.

I consider myself a Sims fan, thanks.

Tell me where in my post I said who's a real fan and who's not. And tell me where I said you weren't? I don't see anyone here talking about any of that..

All I did was state a simple fact that there is a huge difference between players who choose forums as their preferred way of engaging in the community and those who use twitter? No need to be so hostile.

Well, the part of your post about how twitter has mostly people in their 20’s who are all EA cheerleaders and who have no standards regarding Sims games and who are not longtime fans of sims games made me think otherwise.

Apologies if that’s not your intended message.

I’m on Twitter now, so I’m now part of that twitter population, and I’ve played sims as a child and also during teen years.

So I don’t think we should be making over-generalizations or start judging people who are on twitter and social media. All sorts of people use social media, including my mother and her friends who are in their 50s, heading into 60s.

Besides... Some of us like the positivity, after all of that constant doom and gloom that this forum had at Sims 4’s launch and the dark toddler times, lol.

ETA: But, again, I’m sorry if that is not what you were saying. That’s how I interpreted it, and if I misinterpreted, I deeply apologize for my offended behavior.

It’s just these forums would occasionally give me that simmers vs simmers vibe about who’s a true longtime simmer fan and who’s just a casual simmer or newbie simmer who doesn’t appreciate the good ol’ days, etc. And I still get that vibe regarding people’s behaviors towards certain demographics.

Sometimes there really are just casual players who haven't invested all their hobby time into The Sims. You would agree that's possible right? There are a few casual players who aren't really Sim fans, true, right? Sometimes, they really don't understand when some of us old folks talk about the good ol' days, and why we know some things about later games aren't as implemented as good as in the past. Modders probably understand this better than anyone. It's extremely hard to mod something that isn't even in the game and sometimes those reasons given to modders of why something was never put in the game or why it was set in such a strict fashion where as before things were not giving modders the freedom to alter and or enhance something may not be obvious to a casual Simmer. A casual Simmer is someone who can take or leave the game or whatever was done with toddlers, or vampires, or cats and dogs etc. Not saying they don't like the games, they do, but sometimes they think the purpose of The Sims was to 'win' always looking for an end result. Long time players or who people call veterans know The Sims was never meant to be played as an end game, and therefore any restrictions on it in that manner doesn't hold up to it's roots. Casual players ar looking for the end game. It's not about age but style of how someone views games and what the results are supposed to be. Where as The Sims was never meant to have any end game winning results. It's the journey not the goals.

Some of this forum adhere to those ideas of the journey and not the goals or how to 'complete' or 'win'. And sometimes we don't always feel valued anymore when we were the reason The Sims is alive and well today. Our first dollar is why they are still here. Maybe it's pride but without us and the modders from the beginning and Will Wright's vision to never have an 'end game' we sometimes feel casual players just don't get it. But of course anyone and everyone can be a 'true' Simmer.

I'm sorry but I don't really understand. Who plays the sims as an "end game" and...how? I don't even see how that's possible or what that has to do with Twitter.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, I usually see sims used as a dollhouse or CC showcase, a building tool, or a death simulator, lol...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)