Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Contradiction Regarding Quarterly Teasers

Comments

• Options
    ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    They are probably just going to make less content and focus on bigger projects. I'm fine with that, as long as they fix bugs and come out with what we all want the most. I think that's why they switched to communicating on Twitter and doing polls. I'm a fan of that, as long as they listen to what people want. I think they are.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I feel like there gonna focus on a lot more smaller free things at a faster rate.
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    ksimmies wrote: »
    They are probably just going to make less content and focus on bigger projects. I'm fine with that, as long as they fix bugs and come out with what we all want the most. I think that's why they switched to communicating on Twitter and doing polls. I'm a fan of that, as long as they listen to what people want. I think they are.

They go on Twitter because forum is full negative feedback
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2018

Could be partly that, maybe.

But I noticed there are waaaay more fans on Twitter. For the supernatural polls, they got almost 30,000 votes for each poll, while here, the one supernatural poll that had all of the supernaturals had about a hundred or something like that.

Having seen that there are way more fans on social media, I can’t blame them for testing the waters in the locations with a wider Sims audience.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Maybe they are planning on working on the sims themselves, to make them better. I heard someone say they were asking which age group people would like to be worked on.. maybe they are going to untie babies from cribs, make teenagers more like teens, make it where children can play games with each other. Work on a chemistry system.... create a color wheel for new furniture and clothes...I would love to see some improvements like these.

That says a lot about the overall game if people think each age group needs to be improved. It's too bad they didn't put as much time into each age group like they did with toddlers. But four years later they are now asking which ones need improved? Four years....

I'd say they should overhaul the whole emotions and trait system. That sort of deeper look at those problems would improve this game to be more inline with deep meaning and uniqueness to each Sim's personality.
    Now that they have figured out the engine better, maybe the will do that!

They built the engine, or did the engineers leave? They should know what it could do or not do at the beginning. Rememeber Ryan said they had built an engine that could make all our dreams come true.

Looking back on the actual forum announcement CM Kate says they have 'heard us' where did we hear that before?..oh, yeah, when they said our Sims would have deeper emotions and personalities when they announced TS4. And when they said they had heard us about toddlers..which took about three more years. :o

But she did say they had heard us and going to make the content we wanted. That's great! That means we get burglars, firemen, Cars, Swimable oceans, Open world, CASt, Horses, Witches, mermaids, Werewolves, Vacations and Running a Hotel, A big Farming EP, Ranches, Terrain Tools, More roof options, Separate Foundations, Color Wheels, Surfing, Memory System, Increase of Population limits, University, Schools, Loads of Aspirations, new Whims, New Emotions, New Traits! o:) Wow, That's a big promise. :p

Proof: Quote: ' Ultimately this is a signal that we’ve heard your feedback, and we’re tweaking our plans to deliver the content you’ve been asking for.' End quote.

Cast and Open World will not come back for Sims 4 it's not possible Grant said that himself. The Engine is not made for that and it's making the game lagging.
    Color only for hair/eye color maybe.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited July 2018

But I noticed there are waaaay more fans on Twitter. For the supernatural polls, they got almost 30,000 votes for each poll, while here, the one supernatural poll that had all of the supernaturals had about a hundred or something like that.

Having seen that there are way more fans on social media, I can’t blame them for testing the waters in the locations with a wider Sims audience.

Forum is full of negative feedback because you've got mature, long-time sim franchise fans here who have been mostly playing since 2000, and they tend to be less forgiving (or have actual standards, I don't know :p ) since they remember what this game used to be.

Twitter and other social media are obviously full of teenagers and people in their early 20s. Aka the enthusiastic, cheerful crowd applauding everything EA does because older sim games are mostly a childhood memory for them. The new Deligracy video about EA ruining the sims tells you a lot about that demographic.

Now ask yourself, where is it better for EA to interact with players and survey them?

Forums are dying. They're a relic of the past. I use twitter too and to be honest I'm surprised this forum is as well maintained as it is in the year of 2018. I was sure they'd close it by now.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2018
    agustd wrote: »

Forum is full of negative feedback because you've got mature, long-time sim franchise fans here who have been mostly playing since 2000, and they tend to be less forgiving (or have actual standards, I don't know :p ) since they remember what this game used to be.

Twitter and other social media are obviously full of teenagers and people in their early 20s. Aka the enthusiastic, cheerful crowd applauding everything EA does because older sim games are mostly a childhood memory for them. The new Deligracy video about EA ruining the sims tells you a lot about that demographic.

Now ask yourself, where is it better for EA to interact with players and survey them?

Forums are dying. They're a relic of the past. I use twitter too and to be honest I'm surprised this forum is as well maintained as it is in the year of 2018. I was sure they'd close it by now.

Agree. B)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

The problem with Twitter polls is anyone can vote, even those who never heard of the game. All you need is a Twitter account to vote on anything on Twitter. At least we think people on this forum have actually played these games or heard of them. Yes, I know people have to 'follow' someone to vote, but that's simple and anyone can vote. Internet polls aren't worth the page they are written on, because in 7 billion people in the world(or is it more) less than a 1% tally doesn't equal to much imo.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    So we’re gatekeeping who’s a “real” simmer and generalizing groups of simmers/Sims fans now?

Well, I’m on Twitter now, and I voted on the polls. And I’m in my late 20’s AND have played all of the past Sims games.

I consider myself a Sims fan, thanks.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I could see this going a couple ways. But the way they've communicated this with us is quite ambiguous. Here are my theories:

1. If I'm optimistic, then I predict that EA decided to pull funding from the SPs after the universal dislike of My First Pet Stuff and transfer it to the GP and EP team. This would lead to less SPs overall. I've never liked SP and always thought they were a giant waste of money, so it wouldn't bother me. Possibly they're getting rid of SPs entirely and changing to an online store format. Less SPs would mean better EPs and GPs. And after the success of Seasons, maybe EA decided to give more money to the EP team, and they may have pulled this money from the SP team.

2. EA decided to cut The Sims budget again. They think that Sims fans will buy anything, so they will spread as little content as possible over the next 2-3 years. They say that packs will have more "quality" but in reality they will have the same content as before, just more time in between. This is a pretty bleak view, but then again this is EA we're talking about...

3. They're coming up with a new strategy of selling, such as a World Pack, the Sims Online Store, or possibly a Season Pass where you pay $75 a year to get all content for free.

It could be a combination of one or more of these as well.

PS: There's not much point in arguing about who's right when we literally know nothing. Unless you want to get this thread closed...
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I find it funny that people from all parts of the Sims Community are having meltdowns over this information :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    So we’re gatekeeping who’s a “real” simmer and generalizing groups of simmers/Sims fans now?

Well, I’m on Twitter now, and I voted on the polls. And I’m in my late 20’s AND have played all of the past Sims games.

Tell me where in my post I said who's a real fan and who's not. And tell me where I said you weren't? I don't see anyone here talking about any of that..

All I did was state a simple fact that there is a huge difference between players who choose forums as their preferred way of engaging in the community and those who use twitter? No need to be so hostile.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2018

Tell me where in my post I said who's a real fan and who's not. And tell me where I said you weren't? I don't see anyone here talking about any of that..

All I did was state a simple fact that there is a huge difference between players who choose forums as their preferred way of engaging in the community and those who use twitter? No need to be so hostile.

I'll meddle here a little but that's pretty much what this sounded like to me as well (and it's tiring to keep reading this 'argument' about other simmers):

Just FYI there are plenty of people older than early 20s on twitter. People in their 30s, 40s, 50s, heck even 60+.

Also, I remember the sims games very well (especially TS2). It's more than a distant "childhood memory".

This does sound like gatekeeping: like some people here apparently know the sims better than others, which apparently makes them better to judge the games. As if their voices counted more than those of millions of other people. As if it would be better if their voices mattered more to where the series is heading, and that giving a voice to so many "bad simmers" is clearly a bad thing.

Tell me, if when you played TS2, someone would've told you you're probably part of a demographic incapable of having appropriate standards for the sims, would you have felt that was a rational, positive sounding argument?

It would be cool if we could discuss the game instead of other simmers' apparently abominable standards. It's fine to like TS2 over TS3, or TS3 over TS4, or TS4 over TS2, and so on. It's obviously nice to have discussions about this with simmers, why they prefer one over the other. But they don't prefer it because of their higher standards or better understanding of the franchise, but simply because they like something over something else.

And no, I'm (unfortunately) not in my early 20s and I'm barely ever active on twitter unless there are polls to vote in, but I can understand @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸's feelings about your post rather well. I wonder sometimes if people realise how condescending this sounds. And how badly it often applies to the people these statements are pigeonholing.

• Options
    edited July 2018

Well, the part of your post about how twitter has mostly people in their 20’s who are all EA cheerleaders and who have no standards regarding Sims games and who are not longtime fans of sims games made me think otherwise.

Apologies if that’s not your intended message.

I’m on Twitter now, so I’m now part of that twitter population, and I’ve played sims as a child and also during teen years.

So I don’t think we should be making over-generalizations or start judging people who are on twitter and social media. All sorts of people use social media, including my mother and her friends who are in their 50s, heading into 60s.

Besides... Some of us like the positivity, after all of that constant doom and gloom that this forum had at Sims 4’s launch and the dark toddler times, lol.

ETA: But, again, I’m sorry if that is not what you were saying. That’s how I interpreted it, and if I misinterpreted, I deeply apologize for my offended behavior.

It’s just these forums would occasionally give me that simmers vs simmers vibe about who’s a true longtime simmer fan and who’s just a casual simmer or newbie simmer who doesn’t appreciate the good ol’ days, etc. And I still get that vibe regarding people’s behaviors towards certain demographics.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I'll meddle here a little but that's pretty much what this sounded like to me as well (and it's tiring to keep reading this 'argument' about other simmers):

Just FYI there are plenty of people older than early 20s on twitter. People in their 30s, 40s, 50s, heck even 60+.

Also, I remember the sims games very well. It's more than a distant "childhood memory".

This does sound like gate-keeping: like some people here apparently know the sims better than others, which apparently makes them better to judge the games. As if their voices counted more than those of the millions of other people.

Tell me, if when you played TS2, someone would've told you you're probably part of a demographic incapable of having appropriate standards for the sims, would you have felt that was a rational, positive sounding argument?

It would be cool if we could discuss the game instead of other simmers' apparently abominable standards. It's fine to like TS2 over TS3, or TS3 over TS4, or TS4 over TS2, and so on. It's obviously nice to have discussions about this with simmers, why they prefer one over the other. But they don't prefer it because of their higher standards or better understanding of the franchise, but simply because they like something over something else.

And now, I'm (unfortunately) not in my early 20s and barely active on twitter unless there are polls to vote in, but I can understand @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸's respond rather well.

All due respect but I don't understand why y'all take everything people say here so personally?

See how I used the word "full"? In what world twitter being full of teenagers means "there are ONLY teenagers on twitter"?

I merely just said there is a huge difference in demographic between here and twitter. Nothing more and nothing less. You cannot tell me it's not true this forum is mostly made up of users in their late 30s to 50s. There have been several polls that prove it. You also cannot tell me twitter isn't dominated by tweens. Hence why EA chooses to favor twitter over official forum, which is understandable. That's just straight up facts. I didn't mean anymore than that in my post.

If you want to read too much into that, your choice but I'm not going to dispute this and argue. Obviously there are exceptions, geez. I don't feel the need to mention them every time. We know there are always exceptions. I'm also in my late 20s and I use forums. I also use the "new" social media. I know there are 50 year olds out there who use twitter. Majority is majority though.

I didn't say "some people know sims better than others" or the like. As I said, that's just you reading too much into things.

I see no point in denying that demographic matters. Some people seem to be extremely oversensitive when it comes to this.

And you know, generalizing is just human nature. Try and go a day without generalizing. I just always believe in people and assume they realize that when I make a generalization, in my mind I also acknowledge there are exceptions out there. But I've been told once I have too much faith in people :)
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Also, I remember the sims games very well. It's more than a distant "childhood memory".

This does sound like gate-keeping: like some people here apparently know the sims better than others, which apparently makes them better to judge the games. As if their voices counted more than those of the millions of other people.

And now, I'm (unfortunately) not in my early 20s and barely active on twitter unless there are polls to vote in, but I can understand @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸's respond rather well.

All due respect but I don't understand why y'all take everything people say here so personally?

See how I used the word "full"? In what world twitter being full of teenagers means "there are ONLY teenagers on twitter"?

I merely just said there is a huge difference in demographic between here and twitter. Nothing more and nothing less. You cannot tell me it's not true this forum is mostly made up of users in their late 30s to 50s. There have been several polls that prove it. You also cannot tell me twitter isn't dominated by tweens. Hence why EA chooses to favor twitter over official forum, which is understandable. That's just straight up facts. I didn't mean anymore than that in my post.

If you want to read too much into that, your choice but I'm not going to dispute this and argue. Obviously there are exceptions, geez. I don't feel the need to mention them every time. We know there are always exceptions. I'm also in my late 20s and I use forums. I also use the "new" social media. I know there are 50 year olds out there who use twitter. Majority is majority though.

I didn't say "some people know sims better than others" or the like. As I said, that's just you reading too much into things.

I see no point in denying that demographic matters. Some people seem to be extremely oversensitive when it comes to this.

And you know, generalizing is just human nature. Try and go a day without generalizing. I just always believe in people and assume they realize that when I make a generalization, in my mind I also acknowledge there are exceptions out there. But I've been told once I have too much faith in people :)

Never said demographics didn't matter. Of course they do. But your post was far more personal than you might think, and a lot less about mere statistics than you're saying. Speaking of having "actual" standards or how excitable the young generation of people is versus the much more mature and reasonable generation of most forum users, is a value statement, not a statement about demographics. Also, people should give young people a little more credit than they like to do, given that's the same thing we wanted when we were young-er. But right, there's no point in arguing about it any further, I agree with that part :)
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I’m not sure why people here keep saying the simmers on Twitter are younger... did you know that only like 17% of twitter users are under 25 years old? The vast majority are older than 25.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I’m not sure why people here keep saying the simmers on Twitter are younger... did you know that only like 17% of twitter users are under 25 years old? The vast majority are older than 25.

Because it's easier to say that the franchise is no longer as good as it was because ... young people are ... no longer as good as we used to be? *scratches head* It's not uncommon to gamers to make these kinds of statements about people, but I wonder if they realize that they themselves were not that different (as in, they were probably young too when they started gaming & if anything games are still around because they and now so many other young and old people still .. game ... :D). Which, if the person we're responding to is indeed in her late 20s then .. she too was a kid when TS1 and TS2 came out. The games back then were not better because the "gamers" were "better". Whatever may or may not be happening to TS and whomever may or may not like it has nothing to do with the "youth of today" anymore than the quality of games in our youth had anything to do with us.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Never said demographics didn't matter. Of course they do. But your post was far more personal than you might think, and a lot less about mere statistics than you're saying. Speaking of having "actual" standards or how excitable the young generation of people is versus the much more mature and reasonable generation of most forum users, is a value statement, not a statement about demographics. Also, people should give young people a little more credit than they like to do, given that's the same thing we wanted when we were young-er. But right, there's no point in arguing about it any further, I agree with that part :)

There was some personal emotion in my post, sure. However, I did not call out anyone in particular and in the end, that's what matters here. My point was essentially that there is a reason EA chooses to communicate via twitter, the reason being twitter has become a happy bubble for those who support the game no matter what. Yes, not every single player. And yes not everyone among those people is young. But that's just my observation that I've noticed many people share that twitter (and tumblr) are the places where you go for your happy simming fix, and forum is where you go to see constructive, in depth criticism. As I've said there are exceptions but we also cannot pretend like age doesn't have any significance here.

Whether young, old, or somewhere in between we just all want to have fun with this game, and we want the devs to hear us out. I just wish all platforms where feedback is given were treated equally by gurus. They used to have ask a guru sessions here but it's not a thing anymore I guess. Now I get twitter is quick and convenient to use but the character limit makes it difficult to get your point across sometimes.
  • Options

There was some personal emotion in my post, sure. However, I did not call out anyone in particular and in the end, that's what matters here. My point was essentially that there is a reason EA chooses to communicate via twitter, the reason being twitter has become a happy bubble for those who support the game no matter what. Yes, not every single player. And yes not everyone among those people is young. But that's just my observation that I've noticed many people share that twitter (and tumblr) are the places where you go for your happy simming fix, and forum is where you go to see constructive, in depth criticism. As I've said there are exceptions but we also cannot pretend like age doesn't have any significance here.

Whether young, old, or somewhere in between we just all want to have fun with this game, and we want the devs to hear us out. I just wish all platforms where feedback is given were treated equally by gurus. They used to have ask a guru sessions here but it's not a thing anymore I guess. Now I get twitter is quick and convenient to use but the character limit makes it difficult to get your point across sometimes.

Actually, a lot of people on twitter are critical too. SimGurus even respond to some of their criticisms and concerns and questions. It's not just polls and happy bubble gameplay at all. No, there isn't enough space for lengthy arguments and posts such as we have them here, but there is communication. And it's pretty varied actually, I certainly like reading up on their replies every now and again. And am often surprised by how much they actually do answer to :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Hey - it's like this - you want your votes to be heard - you want the devs to hear you and actually respond to you - you go on Twitter - that's all it is to it - as it is pretty clear EA is more or less phasing out the forum because a lot of simmer around the world do not have access to this forum - regardless of the reasons - they just don't - but they do have access to twitter including the SIMS Twitter - so they matter too.

BUt don't carry on about not getting to vote or see what the Guru's have to say first hand if you chose not to go on twitter. Some folks will surely post what is said there from the Guru's - but it does not help YOU that want to be heard, that want an answer, and want to vote on things for your game. You choose not to go on twitter you choose not to let your thoughts matter. That is the way it is - like it or not.

In days past EA had forums all over the world so they could communicate to those fans - many have been closed over the years - giving those simmers no place to ask, discuss or learn anything. Then EA and Maxis Registered a EA Twitter and a Sims Twitter - again reaching players around the globe. It is fair as all simmers should have a place to be heard, to hear others, and to have contact with the Guru's.

I only joined a year ago - and I still converse with many of the same simmers I saw all those years ago here - so believe me - we are not all twelve. Heck looking back at my 19 years of simming I don't see childhood - lol - as one simmer said here. I had long ago grown up years before there was even a Sim City - never mind a Sims game. Heck I grew up before people played games on computers period. Guess what there are people older than even I am on Twitter... so you really need a better excuse if that is your excuse.

On the other hand why look at someone because of their ages - we have all been young and we all grow old - but you know what we are pretty much the very same people we always were - just more experienced at life - but we make us who we are - and when you start pushing age as a factor - you lose. Stop putting barriers up in your lives - people are more than anything - just people.

I still come here more than I go to twitter. But it is a option I don't get here - so I visit twitter and people I follow a few times a day - as I for one don't want to be left out. When there's a vote - I want my voice to be heard and my vote to count. Not sit here or the forum and complain about it. Life changes - everything changes. You go with the flow or get left out.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    @Writin_Reg Not sure if you're addressing me but seems like you are since you referenced more than a couple of things I said...so I'm just gonna say (again for that matter, lol) that I do use twitter. Have been since 2009. So I'm not sure what's your point?

"Guess what there are people older than even I am on Twitter... so you really need a better excuse if that is your excuse." I said multiple times I was well aware of that. Users like you are a minority though. Not on twitter in general as a platform, but as far as the sims community is concerned, yes you're a minority.

No I do not think it's good to use age as a factor in life. But for the love of cheesecake we are not here to have philosophical talks about life and higher ideas. We are here to discuss a game, and if we're talking The Sims, it's silly to act like age doesn't play a role in how you perceive certain things regarding the direction its heading.

I know some teenagers have played previous iterations - and good for them! They're amazing games that aged better than anyone could expect. I encourage everyone to at least try and play them. What matters here is whether Sims 4 was your introduction to the series or not. If it wasn't, chances are you're going to be way more critical of the way TS4 is handled. And more often than not, you're going to be in your 30s or older. That's what the situation looks like on this forum.

I'm gonna end here because people are taking my words out of context and at this point it's derailing the thread.
    I made a simple observation about how EA conveniently picked the website known for being a space full of rainbows and butterflies re: TS4 as their platform of choice for communicating with fans and I'm being lectured on putting up barriers in my life.

Come on people.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Writin_Reg Not sure if you're addressing me but seems like you are since you referenced more than a couple of things I said...so I'm just gonna say (again for that matter, lol) that I do use twitter. Have been since 2009. So I'm not sure what's your point?

"Guess what there are people older than even I am on Twitter... so you really need a better excuse if that is your excuse." I said multiple times I was well aware of that. Users like you are a minority though. Not on twitter in general as a platform, but as far as the sims community is concerned, yes you're a minority.

No I do not think it's good to use age as a factor in life. But for the love of cheesecake we are not here to have philosophical talks about life and higher ideas. We are here to discuss a game, and if we're talking The Sims, it's silly to act like age doesn't play a role in how you perceive certain things regarding the direction its heading.

I know some teenagers have played previous iterations - and good for them! They're amazing games that aged better than anyone could expect. I encourage everyone to at least try and play them. What matters here is whether Sims 4 was your introduction to the series or not. If it wasn't, chances are you're going to be way more critical of the way TS4 is handled. And more often than not, you're going to be in your 30s or older. That's what the situation looks like on this forum.

I'm gonna end here because people are taking my words out of context and at this point it's derailing the thread.
    I made a simple observation about how EA conveniently picked the website known for being a space full of rainbows and butterflies re: TS4 as their platform of choice for communicating with fans and I'm being lectured on putting up barriers in my life.

Come on people.

I was addressing anyone that didn't go on twitter - but who wanted a vote and their voices to be heard. If you already go to twitter - then obviously not you.

I read all the posts and when I do not quote any particular writer, then I am addressing the relevant posts. If I am answering any one in particular I at least use their name in the start of my post - but I usually quote them.

I did not feel a need to suggest to those who already go to twitter -that they need to go there. What would be the point of that? Also I am not even suggesting going to twitter in general - but Sims Twitter complete with those one follows was what I was suggesting. One other thing I don't pay attention to numbers when you speak of people - everybody matters and everybody counts that plays the game.

I hope that clarifies. But as you see - I quote people I am specifically addressing - like this reply.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member

The problem with Twitter polls is anyone can vote, even those who never heard of the game. All you need is a Twitter account to vote on anything on Twitter. At least we think people on this forum have actually played these games or heard of them. Yes, I know people have to 'follow' someone to vote, but that's simple and anyone can vote. Internet polls aren't worth the page they are written on, because in 7 billion people in the world(or is it more) less than a 1% tally doesn't equal to much imo.
    Just wanted to throw in that you don't even need to follow them. I don't follow any of the SimGurus and I could just vote on the poll.

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2018
    Getting back to the actual topic.

We had loads of packs on the Sims3 and store packs every time you turned around. I'm not going to give the excuse of wanting better quality and less content. After I made Sims3 vanilla right before Supernatural, I have all packs & the store completely and my game runs fine. That means no mods or cc at all to mess stuff up and a machine that actually has the ability to run a game. If my so so computer Asus, has the ability to get Sims3 stuff hand over fist and work fine, then the newer & should be more stabler S4 should be all the better.

I don't have to have quarterly trailers, but I do want twice the content we are getting now or more. For those of us who want more, the store was a huge enabler & not getting hardly a thing now & less inside the EPs and the GP/SP is very discouraging. If they are planning to ditch the SPs and give more EPs/GPs as often as possible, then I can handle that if we actually get some of them sooner rather than later.

S4 is getting better. I do love having more options with all that has come out recently and the game is starting to flesh out a little more. What S3 had that S4 is just starting to get is options. The options in S3 are just too numerous. I don't feel that way in S4. Def. Jungle, Seasons, Pets, and toddler stuff has improved play tremendously. Would love collecting insects, small pets, & cars back as well as an incredible Farming EP, Schools R Us(Elementary, high school, college- more emphasis on learning and less on kegging/partying), and a Jobs EP- small like the grocery store, pizza planet, babysitting ect. & House builder, interior decorator, and stylists.

Post edited by davina1221 on