Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Contradiction Regarding Quarterly Teasers

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
From Sim Guru Kate's pinned announcement, I found the following statements to be a direct contradiction.
Getting straight to the point, I’m here to let you know that we will no longer be releasing quarterly teasers.
This change means that there will be quarters where we don’t release new paid content.
That said, we’re also reaffirming that a bright future lies ahead for The Sims 4.

How is no longer releasing quarterly teasers AND going 3 months with no paid content reaffirming The Sims 4 has a bright future ahead?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Just because they're changing things doesn't mean ts4 doesnt have a bright future ahead....? Theyre just trying to say "dont be alarmed."
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Just because they're changing things doesn't mean ts4 doesnt have a bright future ahead....? Theyre just trying to say "dont be alarmed."

I am highly skeptical that this is actually good news...
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't see a contradiction.
    No quarterly teasers means a different way of letting people know what's coming. It makes perfect sense if there's going to be quarters without new product to announce. What would they tease?
    So paid content isn't going to be released on a regular, quarterly basis. That's only a bad thing if we get less, or less quality content.
    Of course they're gonna say there's a bright future for Sims, and I believe them.
    But it's too early to judge. Wait a few months and see what packs get released. Then we can decide for ourselves.
    Though I do miss the teasers.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Well just look at all the grateful replies her tweet is getting, people seem to be happy that we’re no longer getting info because surprises are more fun! :unamused:
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I don't necessarily see it as a contradiction. I'm happy to go 3 months without anything if it means the next 3 will have something of quality. Also it gives them a chance to squash some bugs before complicating things further with additional content.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options

Well just look at all the grateful replies her tweet is getting, people seem to be happy that we’re no longer getting info because surprises are more fun! :unamused:

Lol what in the world...
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    No quarterly teasers means a different way of letting people know what's coming. It makes perfect sense if there's going to be quarters without new product to announce. What would they tease?
    So paid content isn't going to be released on a regular, quarterly basis. That's only a bad thing if we get less, or less quality content.
    Of course they're gonna say there's a bright future for Sims, and I believe them.
    But it's too early to judge. Wait a few months and see what packs get released. Then we can decide for ourselves.

Going months without content means we will get less content. Some may say the content we will receive will be better than the past but it still means less content.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm not on twitter but I won't miss the teasers either. I'd rather they be much more straightforward about what's coming when it's coming out. The teasers lead to speculation of what the possible pack will be and then what should be in it. This often stirs up if not directly manifests discontent. It has for me in the past when I was all wrong about what was coming.
    I like the way they went about it with Seasons including telling us no this won't be a part of it once the community started questioning it. I also like that we didn't need to wait all that long from the announcement time until the pack was released.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    edited July 2018
    I think the staff saw backlash and now don't want us to speculate with the little snippets they previously had allowed. I am still quite critical of all content, so my views will most likely not change. I will just have to wait longer before seeing if the content is worth my money.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Going months without content means we will get less content. Some may say the content we will receive will be better than the past but it still means less content.

Months without paid content. Anyway, I'm hoping that her message means they're shifting stuff pack resources over to gamepack and expansion packs. That would explain it, because we'd no longer get stuff packs every few months, but gamepacks and expansions might releaser sooner and more often.

I'm thinking/hoping the same thing - maybe we'll get fewer SPs and more GPs/EPs, which is fine by me.

Or maybe we'll get fewer SPs and more patched-in content (ie, not paid content).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I have a feeling that we are going to see more full-out expansion packs released. I actually hope this. Sims 3 never had any game packs and also had the store. It'd be nice to be getting a very big pack with lots of fleshed out details like Seasons but on a consistent basis. However, I do enjoy game packs so I am not saying I want them to go away completely. I guess we'll find out!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2018
    they simply no longer make sense with how we will be release content moving forward.

Sure with only 1 pack each year, they can't post 3 quarterly teasers with nothing to announce :p
    Good news, we should no longer get these disappointing Stuff Packs.

The Community Poll told the theme of one of the last SP like they did for The Sims 3.
    I imagine SP team should go to help the GP/EP teams and Maxis should release more GP/EP at the end of TS4.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Why does this company struggle so much with their marketing and communication?

We live in a time of people and companies oversharing and yet EA is choosing to be secretive and share less. It’s very peculiar especially for a business.
  • Options
    they simply no longer make sense with how we will be release content moving forward.

Sure with only 1 pack each year, they can't post 3 quarterly teasers with nothing to announce :p

Lol basically
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I see it in two ways: Could be very very bad news for this series or Could be a huge boon. It depends on what way they go.

We don't really need teasers at all. What we need is active communication that's honest and reliable. So they could do that with blog updates or simply announcing an expansion like they used too. That requires a few months in advanced basically when they are ready to show a rough idea of what that means/is. If they don't I can see this becoming a bad thing for the series as less communication and interaction has led to poorer games and in my opinion is a huge reason why the industry seems stale. That regular interaction with your fans really makes you feel connected to them and more likely to take their suggestions into consideration. Yes, I get it people are toxic and that's why it's probably important to designate people who are capable of interaction with fans without putting their own motives into action.

Not having paid content for 3 months might also mean that they are being given more time and leeway in releasing content which could actually improve the content from here on out. I mean parenting game pack, cats & dogs, seasons, and even the vampire game pack are all decent in terms of TS4, but they all would have benefited from more time and focus on them as overall experiences. So this could be giving them that time.

Of course if it goes the worst way possible then we are definitely in trouble. Seasons maybe the last real content that I'll enjoy from the team. Only time can tell really. The good news is I'm excited for cyberpunk 2077 so I always have that to look forward too. LOL!

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    i also really hope sp resources get placed in gp because those add much more and i like every gp they released so far i would have liked to have quarterly teasers since i like to know whats coming instead of waiting 3 months without knowing anything
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    From Sim Guru Kate's pinned announcement, I found the following statements to be a direct contradiction.
    Getting straight to the point, I’m here to let you know that we will no longer be releasing quarterly teasers.
    This change means that there will be quarters where we don’t release new paid content.
    That said, we’re also reaffirming that a bright future lies ahead for The Sims 4.

How is no longer releasing quarterly teasers AND going 3 months with no paid content reaffirming The Sims 4 has a bright future ahead?

Thoughts?

I take it to mean that they might be taking the quality over quantity approach. Meaning they might be focusing on adding more stuff and more fleshed out stuff to one pack instead of a bunch stuff spread out in several packs. She did mention that they are taking a new approach at how things are run. But we'll have to see if things are different in terms of quality going forward.

But I also find it weird that @SimGuruDrake and quarterly teasers left at the same time
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options

Thoughts?

I take it to mean that they might be taking the quality over quantity approach. Meaning they might be focusing on adding more stuff and more fleshed out stuff to one pack instead of a bunch stuff spread out in several packs. She did mention that they are taking a new approach at how things are run. But we'll have to see if things are different in terms of quality going forward.

But I also find it weird that @SimGuruDrake and quarterly teasers left at the same time

Suspicious timing indeed...
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Well I’m sure they’re will be a point when the game won’t run as smoothly if too many packs are downloaded (like sims 3 got to be) I’m fine with less new content provided it’s quality content and doesn’t make the game all choppy and stuff.
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    Well, personally I will miss quarterly teasers mainly because I like to have an idea of what we're getting; I like surprises but in this case my curiosity will probably get the best of me...but I think is too early to say if they'll find another way of letting us know what we are getting though.

Also from what I've heard we'll be getting more "free content" which is always welcomed so I'm still not sure how to feel about all this, I just hope that taking more time to launch paid content means that the packs will be better developed. ;)
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg