Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Seasons - Glitches so far

Comments

• Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    geeward99 wrote: »
    I can't seem to do the Make Resolutions tradition, cannot find the tab for it, or it doesn't show up and same for purchase gift on phone and give a gift.

You click on the sim to choose a resolution and then it shows up in the simology panel.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Okay my sim just got the death notification for an mere acquaintance. +2 Sad for 2 days. Totally overkill. For an acquaintance that's not a family member, I'd recommend something along the lines of +1 Sad for 4 hours.

My had to splurge on a Moodlet Solver to get rid of the Sad moodlet, sigh.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    One bug that I have is that sims that are in the tub, get out of it, grab a plate of ''random'' food (which was made already) but instead go back to the bath tub?
  • Options
    sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    not sure if this has been mentioned or not but in winter my sims will constantly start shoveling snow. they will be starving, get some leftovers, put it on the table and then head out to shovel. im able to cancel this action but they seem to want to do it again when their autonomy takes over. not sure if its by design but its annoying when theres a blizzard and they head outside and then get tense moodlets for a few hours.

ive also found the vampires will knock on the door more frequently than they did before and im getting alot of sms/calls about parties after 10pm, which i think was meant to be stopped, though im not 100% on when the timing for them easing off was.

this is a completely brand new save file and i dont have any mods at all.
  • Options
    Mperini04Mperini04 Posts: 3 New Member
    is anyone getting no snow during the winter? i’m not sure if it’s a glitch or what. All the sims will walk around like it is snowing and even slip but it looks like the fall time. Even the weather says blizzard or heavy snow but nothing.
  • Options
    MaritaJayneMaritaJayne Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Rae357 said:
    > Nearly everything involving pets is glitched. I never had the problem with pets contorting themselves before. It's gotten so bad I've moved all the pets out of my household because it was unplayable. The pet interruptions and forced pet interactions have gotten horrible.

This bug is driving me mad. I have three dogs and a cat and have had to build a bathroom in the butler shed to wash them and lock them out the house just so my sims can eat or go to the toilet!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Mperini04 wrote: »
    is anyone getting no snow during the winter? i’m not sure if it’s a glitch or what. All the sims will walk around like it is snowing and even slip but it looks like the fall time. Even the weather says blizzard or heavy snow but nothing.

Hello
    Some worlds don’t have snow. There is no snow in Oasis Springs or Selvadorada.
  • Options
    [quote="rosemow;c-16572446"][quote="Mperini04;c-16572405"]is anyone getting no snow during the winter? i’m not sure if it’s a glitch or what. All the sims will walk around like it is snowing and even slip but it looks like the fall time. Even the weather says blizzard or heavy snow but nothing.[/quote]

Hello
    Some worlds don’t have snow. There is no snow in Oasis Springs or Selvadorada.[/quote]

It’s in Willow Creek
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Some worlds don’t have snow. There is no snow in Oasis Springs or Selvadorada.

It’s in Willow Creek

If you are not getting any snow throughout the season, there sounds like there is an issue.Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps

• Options
    thank you very much i appreciate your help. :) i hope it works.
  • Options
    Flcty1969Flcty1969 Posts: 82 Member
    I played last night and suddenly I had loads of evolving plants - hurrah! Perhaps the patch fixed it?

My sims seem obsessed with putting the pet toys away. Neither of them are neat freaks so I don't know why - I am constantly having to cancel the interaction. I am not even sure there are any pet toys out!

My cat also can't seem to eat unless I click on the food bowl and call him to eat. I have to ask him what's wrong and then ask him to eat.

And how the devil do you find out what your pets are afraid of??
  • Options
    SwissKat13SwissKat13 Posts: 4 New Member
    Anyone having an issue with growing plants on career lots? My sim is a scientist and all of the plants on the lab lot will grow to a certain point, but they don't have any options other than research. No watering (except for maybe one or two times after I first planted them) or weeding nor do they ever get to the point of harvesting.
  • Options
    SwissKat13 wrote: »
    Anyone having an issue with growing plants on career lots? My sim is a scientist and all of the plants on the lab lot will grow to a certain point, but they don't have any options other than research. No watering (except for maybe one or two times after I first planted them) or weeding nor do they ever get to the point of harvesting.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-GTW-Plants-at-science-lab-don-t-produce-harvestables/m-p/6891565#M65844
  • Options
    sasgirl89sasgirl89 Posts: 8 New Member
    the only glitch i seem to be having is that the new phone options are not available. My sim child has no option to join the scouts on her phone, and on holidays there is no option to travel to ceremony
  • Options
    geminijoygeminijoy Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Koteyka said:
    > Anyone else has the glitch when you can't reset your sims?

You have to use the cheat "resetsim first name (space) last name
  • Options
    sasgirl89 wrote: »
    the only glitch i seem to be having is that the new phone options are not available. My sim child has no option to join the scouts on her phone, and on holidays there is no option to travel to ceremony

Hello @sasgirl89
    Try pressing the career/household button on the phone, then choose the option to do an after schools activity.
  • Options
    sasgirl89sasgirl89 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > sasgirl89 wrote: »
    >
    > the only glitch i seem to be having is that the new phone options are not available. My sim child has no option to join the scouts on her phone, and on holidays there is no option to travel to ceremony
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @sasgirl89
    > Try pressing the career/household button on the phone, then choose the option to do an after schools activity.

I do and there is no option for joining afterschool activity
  • Options
    sasgirl89 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > sasgirl89 wrote: »
    >
    > the only glitch i seem to be having is that the new phone options are not available. My sim child has no option to join the scouts on her phone, and on holidays there is no option to travel to ceremony
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @sasgirl89
    > Try pressing the career/household button on the phone, then choose the option to do an after schools activity.

I do and there is no option for joining afterschool activity

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    geminijoygeminijoy Posts: 4 New Member
    Most of my glitches are the same that has been shared by a few on the forum starting with sims freezing and taking forever to do anything or you have to constantly reset them, not sleeping in "claimed" beds, locked doors not working, sims teleport from one place to another, wearing outdoor/cold weather clothing inside, children/teens having issues going to school especially with bad weather, they keep getting the "run inside" option, using umbrellas inside, raking leaves inside, mourning sims they barely knew and didn't witness their deaths, sims prefer to nap on couches or drink coffee instead of going to bed when sleepy, routing issues like if a sim is eating in the kitchen they will to a sink that the furthest away to wash dishes and preparing food on counters or sinks that is the furthest away.
  • Options
    Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    Since the hotfix if my sims drink something or have used the umbrella their hand stays in the position as if they are still holding drink or umbrella. If they go to the bathroom they'll just was one hand the other one doesn't change position. Only thing that stops it is an action like cooking at the stove. I also have actions that won't disappear after being cancelled. Have experienced the open/close umbrella bug too. Will update as things happen.
  • Options
    Lisspeed98Lisspeed98 Posts: 72 Member
    Some of the bugs I have encountered thus far:
    - Whenever I try to make my Sims sing no sound comes out, like literally. The animation of them singing plays, but they are not actually singing.
    - When I tried to decorate the Christmas Tree only the peek was showing up, everything else was still the same as before it was decorated.
    - When I tried to put presents under the Christmas tree nothing was showing.
    - For some reason I can't do certain actions with my Sims. For example if I press on the leaf pile to woohoo, the option just goes away no matter how many times I try this.
    - Some of the Halloween clothes are bugged. For adults they seem to be working fine, same for teens, but for kids there is basically no other costume besides the Yoda and Hotdog one. And the Hotdog one doesn't even work, instead they go into random clothes that is supposed to be a costume.

So far, I keep encountering bugs every couple of seconds and as fun as the Sims 4 Seasons seemed at first (one of the few expansion packs I wanted to try my hands on) so far I have more complaints than compliments for it.
    "When the Ashes are two, a flame alighteth.
    Thou'rt Ash, and fire befits thee, of course..."
  • Options
    Zoelouise87Zoelouise87 Posts: 1 New Member
    anyone else been having people run inside even if they are inside when its raining? toddlers especially!
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    anyone else been having people run inside even if they are inside when its raining? toddlers especially!

Yup
  • Options
    Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2018
    These death notices are getting predictably worse. I started a fresh game for Seasons with a sim in the body builder career. The daily task is to mentor people while they work out. He spends a lot of free time at the gym mentoring, and mentoring progresses the friendship bar pretty quickly. Now, this sim is halfway through his adult years, and never has less than 1-2 Mourning moodlets on him. The effects stack, and range for +1 Sad to +3 Sad depending how friendly the sim who passed just was. He now spends ALL of his free time trying to clear the grief moodlets by crying it out, journalling, blogging, calling the sadness hotline every chance he gets... and I still gets 1-2 freshly stacked Mourning moodlets dropped on him before I can clear the last one.

As someone pointed out, I can spend 500 reward points (cheating or legit) to buy a moodlet solver potion, but I'd just get hit with another phone call anytime now. WTB Stone Hearted reward for Sims 4. This new death notification by phone stinks. I suppose it would be amusing if I was trying to make my sim suicide when (not if) he hits a certain number of stacks of Sadness, but this is really just silly now.

My sim still knows over half the town so the phone will likely ring whenever anyone dies - which is usually by old age.