Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Seasons - Glitches so far

Comments

• Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    Alira wrote: »
    anyone knows is there days off work and school? if there is where can I find it? My all sims working on holidays I'm sad :(

You can edit the holiday and check the box of 'Day off school/work' !
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Anyone else has the glitch when you can't reset your sims?
  • Options
    geeward99geeward99 Posts: 2 New Member
    I can't seem to do the Make Resolutions tradition, cannot find the tab for it, or it doesn't show up and same for purchase gift on phone and give a gift.
  • Options
    geeward99geeward99 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Koteyka said:
    > Anyone else has the glitch when you can't reset your sims?

Also this -- when i use Reset Sim (Debug) nothing happens and then if I use the command bar and use resetsim Name NameName they glitch out and it says they're doing something like sleeping but they are stood next to the bed blank expression with arms spread out. I have to exit the game and go back in.
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    Koteyka wrote: »
    Anyone else has the glitch when you can't reset your sims?

Yes, I have this problem too. I hope they fix it soon!
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited June 2018
    So far, even after the patch:

- leaf piles that are rotting but will not disappear when burnt
    - multiply harvestables around the neighbourhoods
    - no collectables around the neighbourhood
    - terribly needy pets that always choose to demand attention when my sims are eating. Sometimes thay'll add about 20 interactions to my sim's action queue
    - glitchy teleporting issues when sims dispose of trash, empty trash cans and move up or down low stairs, ie ground level to foundation neight
    - 'water all' and 'harvest all' do not, in fact do NOT do all the plants to which those actions can be carried out at the time
    - ice rinks and roller rinks glitching into each other, also the same with seasonal food stalls - exactly the sane as the city festivals glitching into each other, which is still happening too.
    - sims keep their cold weather clothes on indoors, despite it being warm indoors
    - sims do not always change into summer or winter outfits when outside, despite the weather needing it
    - sims constantly opening and closing umbrellas when out in the rain

Also,
    - all lots that are not the active household never take down their holiday decorations
    - it's proving extremely difficult to stop a sim raking leaves once they've started
    - sometimes emptying the trash can cause a sim to go on an endless cycle of raking leaves and disposing of leaf piles
    Post edited by BabySquare on
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    It's not just an issue with the splicing description (they fixed that with the patch yesterday), but splicing is broken for the harvestable hybrids. Ex: you can't make dragon fruit anymore and if you graft a pear onto a lemon you only get lemons and banana...no pear. I haven't played too much with it but it seems that they only get two types of harvestables now.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    geeward99 wrote: »
    I can't seem to do the Make Resolutions tradition, cannot find the tab for it, or it doesn't show up and same for purchase gift on phone and give a gift.

@geeward99 That probably has something to do with mods if you have then try to remove the folder and try again, that's what happened to me, I couldn't give a gift because of Explored Mod!
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Placing wallpaper in build mode is still unbearably laggy even after today’s patch. Anyone else? :(

I, thankfully, have no issues with lag in build mode in this save.

I noticed the other night in a different save ( a much older one) that I had troubles placing furniture because of lag. But not so in this save. Is yours an old save? If so, how old?
    Are you changing wallpaper though? The lag is when trying to add wallpaper, not while using build mode itself. I’ve gotten lag while using the wallpaper as well but have yet to check after today’s patch.

Yes. I've been changing wallpaper and flooring with no problems at all since the pre-seasons patch. I just have a lot of other bugs and glitches.
  • Options
    annlytannlyt Posts: 24 Member
    I have a bug in which every time I hold in the mouse wheel HDR mode activates and when I release the mouse wheel it turns off. On previous versions, it activated during the first interaction after the game has loaded and it stayed on. It makes it impossible to rotate the camera using the mouse wheel.
  • Options
    Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    This whole notification of death by phone thing.. that gives a 2 day mourning moodlet. Is this actually intentional? Won't sims with lots of friends pretty much spend their whole sim lives in a constant state of grief?
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I have the leaf glitch and it is quite disappointing. Father and son were raking the yard and it was impossible to get them to stop. I had to exit without saving to keep them from expiring from exhaustion and hunger. When I returned to that lot I removed all the trees. The fruit trees in his garden don't drop their leaves in the yard, though. Is that a glitch or is it normal?
  • Options
    Alexis_Lembo8Alexis_Lembo8 Posts: 3 New Member
    I’m having a problem where the calendar only shows the current day and nothing else so I don’t know when holidays are and I can’t plan any special events. I have no idea how to fix this :(
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I don't have Seasons EP yet.. but they are working on the reset cheat
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    when i go on a date i get seated it lets me order and everything but when i select the sim i want to talk to it says wait to be seated and won let me discuss meals etc

Oh yes, this happened to me too. I ended up canceling the meal, then it got served for some reason, then the date continued, but it certainly was weird.

• Options
    FireproxxyFireproxxy Posts: 109 Member
    The Makeup Table from vintage glamour stuff doesn't work :(
    gcfhaNi.png
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    This whole notification of death by phone thing.. that gives a 2 day mourning moodlet. Is this actually intentional? Won't sims with lots of friends pretty much spend their whole sim lives in a constant state of grief?

I love the phone notification - my sim's friend died and he had a 2-day mourning moodlet - however that friend was his best friend. If he had just been an acquaintance that would have been annoying. They need to base the moodlet on the relationship level. Something like 2 day for best friends, 1 day for good friends, and maybe 4-8 hours or something along those lines for friends. 2 hours or none for acquaintances. Maybe different if a family member.
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Anyone else having trouble with bowling? My sims just stand around and bowling will cue but no bowling balls appear. Bowling alley seems frozen.

I'm also experiencing random moodlets that aren't applicable to my sim (like being abducted by aliens when no abduction has taken place)

And I'm also having the walking through walls issue as well.
  • Options
    mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Okay, I now have 5 sixam mosquito trap plants spawning in the same spot all over Forgotten Hollow, they just keep multiplying and the plasma trees are still x2 everywhere. Idk who to message about it.
  • Options
    Flcty1969Flcty1969 Posts: 82 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @Flcty1969: SimsVIP states that there are only 5 plant levels now:

Plant Quality – Number of stages of plant quality has been reduced from 10 to 5. The UI of the quality information has been changed. The New Stages are…

Normal
    Nice
    Excellent
    Magnificent
    Perfect

So that part of it is by intent. Are your plants perfect?

Sorry - Gardening skill level 6 not plant level! All my plants are still normal :-(
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    slydar wrote: »
    Haven't got to the top of the Gardening career yet, so if it's is bugged I'm not far enough along to have encountered it yet. I think being unable to hire the NPC Gardener is a known bug that's on SimGuruNick's list.

However, thinking about Gardening has made me remember another bug:
    • The seed packets available in Build Buy mode do not unlock correctly for Sims that already have Gardening skill above their unlock threshold. If your Sim starts at level 1 Gardening and works up, the seed packets will unlock at the correct levels (4, 5, 7 and 10). If your Sim's Gardening skill was already at level 10, the packets remain locked and unavailable.
    • The Sun Spot Awning (from Get Together) doesn't function as shelter for plants (or anything else) - snow settles on top of the glass roof and also on the ground underneath it. Laws of Physics, who needs 'em?
    • Cats don't leave paw-prints in the snow. Not sure about dogs, none of my Sims are dog people.

Anyone got any more to add?

You don't have to start at level 1 -- one of my Sims was at level 8 when Seasons dropped (thanks to the Boost Week event), she got to level 10 and everything was unlocked. I wonder if now that the skills cheat is fixed, if lowering the skill to level 9 then back up to 10 would unlock the packets? I'm still on Spring (set length to 2 weeks for each season to get a really thorough experience and have aging off) so I haven't noiced the Great Snow Massacre of 2018, but I'll keep an eye out for it. I wonder if putting Sims in sweats and long sleeves would make them overheat in summer when jogging? So far I haven't noticed any major bugs other than my public rocket ship no longer working to go to Sixam; not sure if that's a bug or if it's by design now.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    bgkub wrote: »
    Also I have noticed that when you want to use a skill cheat they don't work anymore, I think all the other ones work, but the skill cheats don't work at all.

THIS is my biggest pet peeve too since adding Seasons! I ALWAYS give my Sims a lot of Cooking, Logic, Handiness and other important skills before allowing them to navigate in their world. Now, the skills cheat is broken so that I can't play in my routine style. Huge FAIL!

Skill cheats were fixed in yesterday's patch -- they fixed some of the issues, others are still being worked on.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I love the phone notification - my sim's friend died and he had a 2-day mourning moodlet - however that friend was his best friend. If he had just been an acquaintance that would have been annoying. They need to base the moodlet on the relationship level. Something like 2 day for best friends, 1 day for good friends, and maybe 4-8 hours or something along those lines for friends. 2 hours or none for acquaintances. Maybe different if a family member.

Good idea. This was just some random aquaintance so it hurt to have a 2 day mourning debuff =( I am guessing someone will mod it out eventually. Makes me avoid introducing myself to elders now haha!

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by rudy8292 on
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Sorry if it's been said before, but the clock issue is worse than ever in my game since I installed Seasons. I can't leave ultra speed on for a second without the clock suddenly stopping or jumping back, and this is in all worlds, not just San Myshuno.