Well, like every major update, we're all finding a few glitches with our Sim friends. I know that EA and the SimGurus have publicly mentioned a few that they are aware of, like plants duplicating themselves, but there are many others.
These are the one's I've seen in my game so far, with rotational play of four households totaling about twelve sims and several animals.
- "Very Playful" mood buff on Sims in Spring(?) from "Warm Clothes" from the Dryer, seems to override other buffs and makes getting Sims in the right mood for work almost impossible.
- "Disturb Bees" interaction being selected by Playful Sims far too often. The interaction doesn't seem to appear in the Sim's action queue until they actually get to the Bee Box, making it almost impossible to cancel - the only way I can tell what my Sims is up to is he's heading down the garden towards the Bee Box with nothing showing up in his action queue. Also, it seems at odds with traits like "Good" - would a Good sim suddenly decide to disturb the bees for no reason? It's more suited to an Evil interaction.
- The Umbrella Dance. Going out in the rain, put the umbrella up. Take two steps, put the umbrella down. Two steps, umbrella up, two steps, umbrella down... Seems to be random, but if the Sim is walking a long distance it seems to happen more, perhaps related to them trying to jog?
- Sims suddenly farting - really EA, is this supposed to be funny? Sims that never farted before the Seasons patch now seem to be breaking wind at every opportunity.
- Leaf Piles hanging around in all seasons, rotting. Even in summer, piles of rotting leaves.
- Also, the sheer number of fallen leaves in Autumn seems excessive. My Sims are planning to cut down all the trees on their lot!
- "Rake Leaves" action seems to be bugged, or just very persistent. It seems to come back into the action queue even after it's been cancelled or the Sim instructed to do something else. As an example, a Sims is instructed to Rake Leaves and then told to use the toilet. After using the toilet, they will immediately return to the Rake Leaves action.
- "Light Fire" autonomous action fails on fireplaces with the "Autolight" upgrade and can cause the Sim to hunt through the house for a fire to light. As an example, the Sim comes into Room A with "Light Fire" queued, but the fireplace autolights. The Sim's queued action fails, but immediately queues for the fireplace in Room B. As the Sim leaves Room A, the fireplace goes out, and the fireplace in Room B lights as they enter so the queued action fails again. The action queues up again, targeting the original fireplace in Room A and the whole sequence repeats, leaving the Sim going between rooms trying to find a fireplace they can light.
- Exercise doesn't mitigate low temperature - jogging sims can freeze in winter when the exercise should be keeping them warm. Maybe Sims that are doing activities to build Fitness skill should be immune to cold, whatever outfit they are wearing? So Jogging, using exercise equipment, swimming, etc should help to keep the Sim warm and not turn into a Popsicle.
- Joggers are freezing to death - a lot. There are piles of corpses in the streets...
- "Chain Reaction" deaths - a Sim freezes to death and everybody runs outside to "See What's Happening" in their PJ's and then someone else freezes, and... More piles of frozen corpses. Somebody get Grimm an assistant, he's gonna need one! My body count of NPC's on Winterfest was 6, if anyone cares.
- Swimwear is not counted as "Hot Weather" clothing?! I had a Sim nearly die of heat stroke wearing a skimpy pair of Speedos. As soon as he put on jeans and a t-shirt, his temperature came right down. Swimwear should be the ultimate hot weather gear.
- Sims not changing outfits when the go outside in the cold or heat. This seems to be random, sometimes they change into cold/hot weather outfits and sometimes they don't. Who knows why Sims do what they do - or don't? If this was fixed so Sims always changed outfits for the cold, it would stop the Chain Reaction Deaths bug as well.
- And on the same topic, Sims not changing out of cold weather gear when they come in to the nice warm house. I have Sims eating dinner in their bobble hats and mittens!
- Sims seem to route-fail more often than before, and I've seen several instances when Sims teleport from one object to another or animations play out of sequence. In one example, the Sim is clearing the table. He teleports to the far side of the kitchen, while the dishwasher, on the other side of the room, opens and closes as if it's being loaded. The Sim then walks to the dishwasher and performs his part of the loading animation, then teleports back to the table where he started. The table is cleared and the dishwasher running, but the animation and routing is wrong. Another example was a Sim stroking his cat. He was one onside of the room doing the stroking animation while the cat was at least 3 tiles away but doing her "being stroked" animation - it was quite strange.
That's my experience of problems in Seasons, based on my gameplay so far. I'm sure other people have found other... oddities while playing. Hopefully Maxis is taking note of all these reports and we can expect a big Season bug-bash patch soon.
OK, so adding on to this list, problems that other people have mentioned (I'm not listing any that has already acknowledged in his Twitter posts as the team are already working on those, like cheats not working)
- Pets seems to have become very needy - multiple pet interactions pushing to the top of the Sims action queue and blocking other actions
- Toddlers can cancel out of the "Build Snowpal" action in public spaces.
- Seed Packets not unlocking for Sims with level 10 Gardening before the patch
- Sun Spot Awning both collects snow and lets it fall through - is it shelter or not?
- Guests invited for New Years Eve parties will not stay for the countdown
- Guests not changing into Party clothes
- Winter clothes being worn inside
- Lots of notifications about the deaths of random Sims
- Confetti poppers and party horns seem very loud
- Objects seem break a lot more often than before
- Phone calls for dates and parties in the very early morning (3am)
- Thermostats not working when placed on community lots
- Actions disappear for the queue and the Sims suddenly does something different
- "Play in Puddle" animation not working - Sims seem to freeze
- Sims randomly freezing and needing to be reset with the debug cheat - much more common with Seasons installed than it was before
- Gnomes not showing up for holidays - maybe they got an invite to a better party?
- Objects just seem to stop working - cat litter tray, storage is empty but cat won't use it or a pet won't eat from a full bowl that they've used before. Items have to be deleted in Buy mode and replaced.
- Moving rooms doesn't move all the objects/windows/doors in the room
- Spiced plants no longer say what plants they have spliced into them
- Sims remaining in their work uniforms when they should change. For example, a cop comes back from work and is offered a massage by her husband. After the massage is over, she spins back into her work clothes, not a casual outfit as they did before.
- This can even happen where a Sim gets out of bed and immediately changes into a work outfit, ie cop. It's almost as if the game has chosen the work uniform as "default" clothes
- Sims are using the umbrella in the house!! That is so much bad luck
- Male gardeners in the Botanist career branch (Stem Researcher level) seem to have decided to accessorise their uniform with some really killer silver kitten-heeled sandals. Bang on-trend for this year but hard on the feet for an eight-hour shift.
- Sims are bed-hopping. They can't seem to remember which bed in the house is theirs and just choose one at random.
- Lights or decorations missing from sections of the roof eaves
- The "Lilacs & Lanterns" oak tree has no animations for wind - it doesn't sway in the wind like the normal Oak tree. It also doesn't loose it's leaves in the Fall, staying green all year round.
- Wind Chimes don't. Chime. In the wind, that is. They just play their normal animation loop no matter how hard the wind is blowing.