Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Seasons - Glitches so far

1181920212224...Next

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Ive only noticed a few issues listed above but one issue (small but annoying) that ive seen lately, I have a two story house with a basement for my sims. the basement is huge and has lots of activities. my sims change into their winter clothes when planning on heading to the basement. my thought, "okay, add another thermostat". wait, because i have one on the main level, the second thermostat is useless. so my sims just randomly change into winter gear to go to the basement, even though its the same temperature as the rest of the house

Hello @seven_seas_of_rai
    Try making sure that all of the basement is under the next level of the home. As irishfino said, if there is a part of the basement that isn’t under the home, the game will consider it outdoors. Try seeing if you can alter the home so as there isn’t a part of the basement that isn’t under the next level.
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    irishfino wrote: »
    Ive only noticed a few issues listed above but one issue (small but annoying) that ive seen lately, I have a two story house with a basement for my sims. the basement is huge and has lots of activities. my sims change into their winter clothes when planning on heading to the basement. my thought, "okay, add another thermostat". wait, because i have one on the main level, the second thermostat is useless. so my sims just randomly change into winter gear to go to the basement, even though its the same temperature as the rest of the house

i've had this problem, and i thought i fixed it.

when i made the basement level, i didn't use the basement tool, which adds a ceiling layer you can put tiles on. the game then read the parts of the basement not directly under the house as "outside" and the sims autochange accordingly. i put out a layer of grass tiles and considered the issue solved, but the issue has returned. since it's not a huge deal, i haven't done much else to troubleshoot it, like try a different type of tile outside or attempt to redo the entire basement with the basement tool and fix the walls it'll delete at the same time.

it's a bit annoying to see them change clothes, but no one has frozen to death or even gotten cold while swimming in the pool in the basement, which is surprising considering how the game is reading the tiles or lack of tiles in this case.

I guess this explains what is happening in my game as well, but with split levels instead. I made the living room sunken in and my sims can’t be inside the house without their winter clothes on. When I change them into their regular clothes, they’re freezing. Even with the thermostat and heating tower on.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    irishfino wrote: »

i've had this problem, and i thought i fixed it.

when i made the basement level, i didn't use the basement tool, which adds a ceiling layer you can put tiles on. the game then read the parts of the basement not directly under the house as "outside" and the sims autochange accordingly. i put out a layer of grass tiles and considered the issue solved, but the issue has returned. since it's not a huge deal, i haven't done much else to troubleshoot it, like try a different type of tile outside or attempt to redo the entire basement with the basement tool and fix the walls it'll delete at the same time.

it's a bit annoying to see them change clothes, but no one has frozen to death or even gotten cold while swimming in the pool in the basement, which is surprising considering how the game is reading the tiles or lack of tiles in this case.

I guess this explains what is happening in my game as well, but with split levels instead. I made the living room sunken in and my sims can’t be inside the house without their winter clothes on. When I change them into their regular clothes, they’re freezing. Even with the thermostat and heating tower on.

Hello
    Try rotating to another household to play for a little while. Then come back to the original household and test to see if the same things still occur.
  • Options
    MilkIsDeadMilkIsDead Posts: 1 New Member
    Some issues I've had troubles with:

Toddler was outside playing when it got cold. Took the kid inside. She stayed cold. Lit a campfire. Indoor fireplace. Changed her into her cold gear. Changed the thermostat to warm. Everyone else in the house got uncomfortable. Changed the weather... Stuck her in the kiddie pool when it was hot out. Still cold and sad.

My cats are always getting into fights with squirrels and excessively getting Squirrel Scratch Fever. I'd be more okay with that, but the glitches with Pets still aren't fixed where pets won't always stay/get on the examination table. There are feathers all over my lot from these fights, and I cannot sell them. *These fights happen in the bushes that you can interact with.*

I have a rooftop garden, and when I select "harvest all" it harvests just the one plant I selected, but the rest of my garden is ready to be harvested.

Bees are difficult to manage unless you have a Stay-at-Home-Sim.

My Sim was level 10 gardening prior to the patch, but does not have the seeds unlocked. Really disappointed about that.

Note: I started in spring, I am to make it to winter soon.
  • Options
    MilkIsDead wrote: »
    Some issues I've had troubles with:

Toddler was outside playing when it got cold. Took the kid inside. She stayed cold. Lit a campfire. Indoor fireplace. Changed her into her cold gear. Changed the thermostat to warm. Everyone else in the house got uncomfortable. Changed the weather... Stuck her in the kiddie pool when it was hot out. Still cold and sad.

My cats are always getting into fights with squirrels and excessively getting Squirrel Scratch Fever. I'd be more okay with that, but the glitches with Pets still aren't fixed where pets won't always stay/get on the examination table. There are feathers all over my lot from these fights, and I cannot sell them. *These fights happen in the bushes that you can interact with.*

I have a rooftop garden, and when I select "harvest all" it harvests just the one plant I selected, but the rest of my garden is ready to be harvested.

Bees are difficult to manage unless you have a Stay-at-Home-Sim.

My Sim was level 10 gardening prior to the patch, but does not have the seeds unlocked. Really disappointed about that.

Note: I started in spring, I am to make it to winter soon.

Hello
    With the issue with harvesting, if your sim is a vampire this could be the cause of the issue. You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Vampires-Harvest-All-Tend-Garden-for-only-one-plant/m-p/6909428#M67501

With the seed packs, you may like to post feedback here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Rare-seed-can-not-be-purchased-in-build-mode-level-10/m-p/6880576#M64194
    You can instead buy the seed packs through the computer.
  • Options
    Angelicbabe09Angelicbabe09 Posts: 19 Member
    My sims keep getting heaps of text messages from various sims saying "I heard you became friends with so&so. I hear they're really cool". (or whatever it says). It's excessive and annoying.

Also - the guru's really need to fix the plants at the festivals as they're not longer in seasons a lot of the time which makes it very disappointing.
  • Options
    Angelicbabe09Angelicbabe09 Posts: 19 Member
    Oh and the excessive piles of rotting autumn leaves is disgusting. I'm sick of my sims getting a grossed out moodlet when they go outside (from piles of leaves just off their lot).
  • Options
    My sims keep getting heaps of text messages from various sims saying "I heard you became friends with so&so. I hear they're really cool". (or whatever it says). It's excessive and annoying.

Also - the guru's really need to fix the plants at the festivals as they're not longer in seasons a lot of the time which makes it very disappointing.

Hello @Angelicbabe09
    You may like to post feedback on these AHQ EA threads.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Festival-Plants-No-Longer-Harvestable/m-p/6872377#M63496
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Text-Message-Repeats/m-p/6442215#M52435
    The Simgurus have posted that the leaf piles issue will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    necromeme wrote: »
    honestly, i am so fed up. my game was working yesterday, but today i have the dang endless loading screen when i try to play a household. i had to shut my game because of this glitch, and lost a family i spent HOURS working on to make. all of my mods were up to date, endless loading screen, deleted pose player and poses, endless loading screen, i deleted my mods, endless loading screen. and to note, i DON'T EVEN HAVE THE SEASONS EXPANSION PACK. sorry for the caps, i am just so frustrated with this, and it's a real pain in the neck. i hope there is an update soon, and when it drops i won't even mind having to restart my game for my cc, because my game will actually work. if this has been going on for days, i don't understand why there hasn't been a fix yet, when it's so bad it extends to people without the actual seasons pack.

Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate

I do have Seasons, and many glitches, and I wanted to thank you, @rosemow , because this is the only advice I've found here that works on 90% of the glitches related to it. Have a wonderful day, and happy Simming!
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    Two new glitches have started showing up in the last few days:

j9EUmB.png

Sims have been leaving work early whenever another Sim in the household goes to a Club meeting or on a date. This is making it very difficult to save up funds for new households.

evIw5U.png

This absolutely horrifying glitch showed up for the first time this morning. My Sim was at a club meeting and her other club started up autonomously while the first was going on.

By the way, music has been playing nonstop in the game. I shut it off and am in the process of giving the game the Rosemow treatment (repair and remove cache files). I hope this makes it stop.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    necromeme wrote: »
    honestly, i am so fed up. my game was working yesterday, but today i have the dang endless loading screen when i try to play a household. i had to shut my game because of this glitch, and lost a family i spent HOURS working on to make. all of my mods were up to date, endless loading screen, deleted pose player and poses, endless loading screen, i deleted my mods, endless loading screen. and to note, i DON'T EVEN HAVE THE SEASONS EXPANSION PACK. sorry for the caps, i am just so frustrated with this, and it's a real pain in the neck. i hope there is an update soon, and when it drops i won't even mind having to restart my game for my cc, because my game will actually work. if this has been going on for days, i don't understand why there hasn't been a fix yet, when it's so bad it extends to people without the actual seasons pack.

Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate

I do have Seasons, and many glitches, and I wanted to thank you, @rosemow , because this is the only advice I've found here that works on 90% of the glitches related to it. Have a wonderful day, and happy Simming!

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Two new glitches have started showing up in the last few days:

Sims have been leaving work early whenever another Sim in the household goes to a Club meeting or on a date. This is making it very difficult to save up funds for new households.

This absolutely horrifying glitch showed up for the first time this morning. My Sim was at a club meeting and her other club started up autonomously while the first was going on.

By the way, music has been playing nonstop in the game. I shut it off and am in the process of giving the game the Rosemow treatment (repair and remove cache files). I hope this makes it stop.

Hello @sleekoduck87
    With the first issue, this AHQ EA thread refers to the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-return-from-Work-School-early-after-loading-screen/m-p/6903827#M66835

With the second issue, a club gathering will start autonomously on a community lot if there are three members of the same club on the lot. This may have been what occurred in your game.