Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

Comments

• Options
    aabroadyaabroady Posts: 59 Member
    I've discovered that on the days when the weather is a mystery,marked with a ? that the temp can and will vary from freezing to hot, and that it you have your thermostat set to warmer when it's hot out or cooler when it's cold out on one of these days or a day when the temp changes, Sims will get an uncomfortable moodlet.
    tumblr_inline_pthe8zHeJT1rorsjo_1280.png
    Gallery ID: aabroady
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Ha. On the Talk Like a Pirate Day: "Try for new pirate with..."
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    Kasey89 wrote: »
    Gnomes are annoying me! Is this a glitch ? why so many seed packets in my yard, I have about 60 right now. smh

This!!! I like the gnomes and it was fun at first getting seed packets, but I agree they just spawn too many.
    @ikiamyetta , I have had this happen during Harvestfest, Winterfest and Prank Day. I kept the gnomes in my yard from the first time they appeared and seed packets just kept spawning around them. It was ridiculous.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    43729050871_6df2015cfc_b.jpg
    Sims may choose to eat on the swings, can't seem to make my sims do this though she was a guest.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Gnomes are annoying me! Is this a glitch ? why so many seed packets in my yard, I have about 60 right now. smh

This!!! I like the gnomes and it was fun at first getting seed packets, but I agree they just spawn too many.
    @ikiamyetta , I have had this happen during Harvestfest, Winterfest and Prank Day. I kept the gnomes in my yard from the first time they appeared and seed packets just kept spawning around them. It was ridiculous.

Remove gnomes as a tradition @damagedlostbroken
  • Options
    RontrellRontrell Posts: 2 New Member
    My Sims are stuck on holiday even when the current day isn't a holiday. They can't go to school or work please help!!!
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Rontrell wrote: »
    My Sims are stuck on holiday even when the current day isn't a holiday. They can't go to school or work please help!!!

Try repairing your game in origin. Click on settings and then repair game. Also make sure all your mods and CC are removed by moving the whole file to your desktop.

Another thing you could try is resetting your sims.

Hope you get it fixed. I had to do some of these things today for other reasons and they can help.

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Apparently if lightning strikes the pet bowl while there is food in it, it can still be eaten.
    42869634625_37d0728c7a_b.jpg
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I noticed one of my sims taking pictures of his family while opening presents on Winterfest! I've never seen this before. It was autonomous and his queue was empty, so it must've been some kind of hidden interaction!?

y0dJLiT.jpg
    WbmfUP9.jpg

Are those custom alien skin tones? They're gorgeous. Where did you get them?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    CzechacekCzechacek Posts: 13 New Member
    Thunder and lightning frightens Sims and the moodlet lasts for a while even after the storm goes away. I was playing a single dad and his teenage son and they were both upset for an entire day. The dad was working in his garden and bolted for the house as soon as he heard thunder. It was kinda cute.
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    @floridameerkat Those are the in-game skin tones. I use "Luumia Sims" default skin but that doesn't affect skin tones. :)
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    @floridameerkat Those are the in-game skin tones. I use "Luumia Sims" default skin but that doesn't affect skin tones. :)

Maybe it's just your settings and picture quality, and the makeup. Whatever it is, I wish my aliens looked that nice. Where did you get the stars on the purple one?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    @floridameerkat It's "Stars tattoos by Melly". The white version is just a simple edit I did for my aliens. Hope that helps. :)
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

Remove gnomes as a tradition @damagedlostbroken

@ikiamyetta , oh believe me, I removed them! That is, after I sold the seed packets to get some extra simoleans. :)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I am ashamed that I am so so slow to realize this but...
    The theme song is now very much "Vivaldified".
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    So this may have been a glitch but I had a sim drink hot tea and get the uncomfortably warm moodlet. If it wasn’t a bug that’s actually kind of cool that it be hard for sims to drink hot drinks during hot weather. I haven’t tested it further but could be intentional I don’t know.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    So this may have been a glitch but I had a sim drink hot tea and get the uncomfortably warm moodlet. If it wasn’t a bug that’s actually kind of cool that it be hard for sims to drink hot drinks during hot weather. I haven’t tested it further but could be intentional I don’t know.

Nope, not a bug - if your sim drinks hot drinks in hot weather, they overheat!
  • Options
    brittmspaceballsbrittmspaceballs Posts: 21 Member
    I was playing with some of my vampire sims who were celebrating "Easter". My vamp sim discovered the Flower Bunny is totally cool with sharing his blood. Apparently he's delicious.
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    So I was playing a family during winter whose home is near the docks in Brindleton Bay and I noticed a concrete fire pit that was pre-lit with benches around it. Is that new? I never noticed it before.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I was playing with some of my vampire sims who were celebrating "Easter". My vamp sim discovered the Flower Bunny is totally cool with sharing his blood. Apparently he's delicious.

I like rabbit. Especially in stews.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    domina89 wrote: »
    So I was playing a family during winter whose home is near the docks in Brindleton Bay and I noticed a concrete fire pit that was pre-lit with benches around it. Is that new? I never noticed it before.

@domina89 Is that near the lounge? I think it's always been there.
  • Options
    AnimusSnowfoxxAnimusSnowfoxx Posts: 9 New Member
    I've noticed that sometimes my sims will decide to 'Run Indoors' during a thunderstorm, but yet they run the exact opposite direction. Has anyone else noticed that?
  • Options
    RMBLACKRMBLACK Posts: 14 New Member
    I love the new seasons expansion! However, one of the first things I noticed was the addition of the thermostat. I think this is an awesome feature but for people who are having their sims live off grid I was hoping they would have other options i.e the fireplace warms a sim up but what about being able to open windows to let the breeze in to cool the house down. I think elders should also have other walking options like having a cane or walker. This makes sense particularly in the winter to help prevent them falling down. Just makes sense for the elder age anyway.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    RMBLACK wrote: »
    I love the new seasons expansion! However, one of the first things I noticed was the addition of the thermostat. I think this is an awesome feature but for people who are having their sims live off grid I was hoping they would have other options i.e the fireplace warms a sim up but what about being able to open windows to let the breeze in to cool the house down. I think elders should also have other walking options like having a cane or walker. This makes sense particularly in the winter to help prevent them falling down. Just makes sense for the elder age anyway.

Everybody can slip and fall during the winter and in the mud puddles the rain creates...
  • Options
    sorrypoetsorrypoet Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm just curious as to how Sims react to this.. I have some CC that was made before Seasons came out, so they're neither hot or cold weather. What would happen if I put them in it for their cold/hot weather outfits? Would they still get negative buffs?