Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited September 2018
    ...to make this even more confusing, both babies (from different households) had the trait as babies. i aged them both up to toddlers and the one that is not father winter's baby still lists lighthouse conception listed as a hidden trait. the one that is father winter's baby does not. so utterly bizarre

this doesn't actually mean it's somehow vanished from the father winter's baby. the 'batbaby' trait from being conceived by two batform vampires is invisible, even to my mod that shows hidden traits, yet it still gives the sim free batform once they reach teen. it just makes things more difficult now... unless somehow a sim can't have both once and the game didn't realize that until he became a toddler

46330cc1903dc07ff9623e58f4503edb.png
    088be95311788f1e748633d9e753dfaf.png
    f0de0307749837fc0e48fedbe957fbad.png
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @MaggieMarley the trait is listed here, though it's on another test sim. i haven't actually figured out what it does yet, and am not sure anyone has. though only a handful of people seemed to know it existed:
    b677fc30af0f283bb5cc77d4f74f2ccd.png

trying to wind up with two sims with it (one also being father winter's baby) and see if that can help figure out what it does

The only effect this trait has is that it gives the Sim a special happy moodlet when visiting the lighthouse.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    sure enough. normal moodlet for the lighthouse:
    2c087e9c166e1ff27f6dad8f3da1a183.png

lighthouse conception moodlet:
    19c5faa55cd8648d231ba72a97e754cc.png

which makes it even odder that it apparently doesn't stack with the 'father winter's baby' reward trait (andres didn't get the second buff when he visited the lighthouse, though andrew did)

either way, guess we can stop sidetracking this thread with non-seasons-specific stuff
  • caramelcoppcaramelcopp Posts: 118 Member
    ...to make this even more confusing, both babies (from different households) had the trait as babies. i aged them both up to toddlers and the one that is not father winter's baby still lists lighthouse conception listed as a hidden trait. the one that is father winter's baby does not. so utterly bizarre

this doesn't actually mean it's somehow vanished from the father winter's baby. the 'batbaby' trait from being conceived by two batform vampires is invisible, even to my mod that shows hidden traits, yet it still gives the sim free batform once they reach teen. it just makes things more difficult now... unless somehow a sim can't have both once and the game didn't realize that until he became a toddler

whta does lefat and right handedness do
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    well, just discovered this one when sent moira fyres to fish in willow creek in a cold snap near the end of autumn:
    1d36d7c03bd9a64a498b0368c194f80c.png

How was it that "examine water" came up as an option?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,405 Member

whta does lefat and right handedness do

It decides if they are left handed or right handed. Right handed is very common so it’s fun when I notice one of my sims is a lefty
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited September 2018
    BabySquare wrote: »
    well, just discovered this one when sent moira fyres to fish in willow creek in a cold snap near the end of autumn:
    1d36d7c03bd9a64a498b0368c194f80c.png

How was it that "examine water" came up as an option?

As far as I know, I've always had the "examine water" option (I didn't really start playing until a few years after release though). I think it appears after you reach a certain skill level. I never paid that close of attention. :o
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    You can't skate with other people which is a huge bummer. It can't snow in Forgotten Hollow.
    You can't skate with other people which is a huge bummer. It can't snow in Forgotten Hollow.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    My sim completed her resolution in two days. Patchy the scarecrow has their day off where he doesn't leave his perch, hence next day he attends the garden and visits my sim.
  • xAKsWifey24xxAKsWifey24x Posts: 5 New Member
    your sim can slip in mud puddles and get dirty. First time it happened, I laughed more than I should of lol
    After walking through mud you can slip inside.
    it's finally winter in my game (and goodness, is windenberg gorgeous covered in snow), so of course i had to go for the hidden achievement the devs mentioned early on

7b7e0d98523ed0fe56bd84ca13b038fb.png

2ce23472b98ff5da328bb46c2de06426.png

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I just saw a few days ago that when you add a holiday on the calendar yourself, there is one activity where sims could fast for 6 hours! I think its so cool that we finally have something from all religions, since we had a chanouka and christmas tree since the Sims 1 (i guess?). Also sims have headscarfs now and townies have Arabic names. I think it's fascinating! Maybe a little budha statue in a next pack? Or maybe the holy powder fest on the spice festival or social event menu? I always loved it, cause its so colourful and for sure will make stunning pics! Let's bring the harmony!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have completed the Trick-or-Treat tradition... by giving gifts.
    That discovery was so random. I had my sim give a gift and it counted towards the Trick-or-Treat tradition. I had my sim give another gift and the tradition was complete.
    I don't know if that thing is a feature or bug (friendly and romantic gift = treat; funny gift = trick; mean gift = trick and "treat"). Anyway, it's a great way for children to complete the tradition as they love this tradition but cannot answer the trick-or-treaters.
    i just discovered that you can actually see tons of mites falling out of the beehive if your bees are infested with them (at least in winter...)

ef9baa3b31cdb3c84ecdc92550909143.png

and then a close up of just the evil looking things...
    379b768237987b0db595c6ab629f7ac7.png
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    My sim made a snow angel in the bedroom of her husband’s parents!! Still don’t know how she did that.. 🤔
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I have completed the Trick-or-Treat tradition... by giving gifts.
    That discovery was so random. I had my sim give a gift and it counted towards the Trick-or-Treat tradition. I had my sim give another gift and the tradition was complete.
    I don't know if that thing is a feature or bug (friendly and romantic gift = treat; funny gift = trick; mean gift = trick and "treat"). Anyway, it's a great way for children to complete the tradition as they love this tradition but cannot answer the trick-or-treaters.

Mine somehow completed that tradition just by eating. Happened in two different households.
    image.png
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    i just discovered that you can actually see tons of mites falling out of the beehive if your bees are infested with them (at least in winter...)

Hahaha ew! But such a cool detail u got here
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member

I'm really surprised at the detail they put into designing something so small. Especially when you see the birds from the bird feeder in Backyard stuff. ;)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    Well every since I purchased seasons my electricity bill during winter is astronomical!! How can they say make setting cool to save on bills when your sims will freeze to death in the house it’s mental ! My bills in my current home is $9k when I use the heating system my bills are $25k!!!!
    I can only imagine what my legacies home will be like her home is a lot bigger....
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    sure enough. normal moodlet for the lighthouse:
    2c087e9c166e1ff27f6dad8f3da1a183.png

lighthouse conception moodlet:
    19c5faa55cd8648d231ba72a97e754cc.png

which makes it even odder that it apparently doesn't stack with the 'father winter's baby' reward trait (andres didn't get the second buff when he visited the lighthouse, though andrew did)

either way, guess we can stop sidetracking this thread with non-seasons-specific stuff

I can't believe they remember their parents making them there smh
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    @Garethlex if you only use the thermostat when it's either freezing or a heatwave only the bills aren't so bad and the sims don't complain