Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

Comments

• LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited September 2018
    Sorry for the double post.
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    Oh oh oh!
    Simlish versions of Walking On Sunshine and (more importantly) School's Out!!!

Alice Cooper In Simlish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3>:)<3>:)<3>:)<3>:)<3>:)

Hearing Alice Cooper made me very happy as well! In Sims 3, I had a Sim learning guitar. I had him practicing to raise his skill level, and he autonomously starting playing Tenacious D. I almost cried. :D
  • PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2018
    My first lottery day came up yesterday. But somehow I thought it would better be called "prank day 2.0", because guess who won the lottery: Clemens Frost aka Father Winter! :o:p HOW is that even possible and for what would HE need the money??????!
    The message that came with the win was even more funny: That Clemens Frost might now consider to quit his career. :D Poor kiddies!
    He already had so much money, and now he's richer than anyone. If I were into some Black Widow gameplay, she would know what to do now.
    But guys, what will come next: GRIM winning the lottery????! And then quit the job... Grim could at least afford some new clothing then, maybe with a Carribbean touch. LOL.
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
  • PrincessKawaiiPrincessKawaii Posts: 3 New Member
    Uh I guess...well the thunder sorta freaked me out, I mean I knew it'd be there because of the whole Selvadorada thunderstorm preview and all that, but I never expected it to be so realistic and ... yeah, and also the first time the gnomes came to life in one of my families' backyards - THAT WAS TOTALLY NOT SCARY AT ALL XD
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Seasons seems to have buggered up the clubs system. My clubs gather but don't always do their set activities. I have reported it.
  • LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    My first lottery day came up yesterday. But somehow I thought it would better be called "prank day 2.0", because guess who won the lottery: Clemens Frost aka Father Winter! :o:p HOW is that even possible and for what would HE need the money??????!
    The message that came with the win was even more funny: That Clemens Frost might now consider to quit his career. :D Poor kiddies!
    He already had so much money, and now he's richer than anyone. If I were into some Black Widow gameplay, she would know what to do now.
    But guys, what will come next: GRIM winning the lottery????! And then quit the job... Grim could at least afford some new clothing then, maybe with a Carribbean touch. LOL.

@PinkHairGuitar, that's just so wrong, it's almost right! LMAO! Thanks for sharing. :smiley:
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • SpoonieSarahSpoonieSarah Posts: 17 Member
    The first time lightning struck, I had a snack bar in my non-mouse hand and it hit the floor and I went pale for a second, I think.
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Anyone watches weather channel?
    ZuZHfg7.jpg
    This well known HOT HUNKY guy is featured in the channel, you will see the weather lady gets dizzy when see that HUNK above. Guess what? That HOT HUNK is a DOWNLOADABLE Sim in Maxis Gallery. Unfortunately right now, as in my case, The In-game Gallery cannot find him, you HAVE TO log on through the browser then switch back to the In-game Gallery in order to download that guy. BTW His name is SEBASTIAN SANTOS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yeah, there are (at least) two versions of him in the gallery. the original by maxiscreator_01 who now just shows up as 'maxis' on lists. he's a creative, self-assured goofball with the public enemy aspiration. and then i uploaded a version of him with different traits, just because i didn't like that trait combo. my version is a creative, dog-loving bro with the friend of the animals aspiration. and a chihuahua named horchata. and a second everyday outfit with a shirt (but i kept his shirtless version, too)

here's a screenshot showing the maxis-created version alongside a few other maxis creations, while the profile says it's maxiscreator_01:
    39db07086e9bcdeefe4ef3546f7b5a08.png

(and yes, i really enjoyed seeing him show up on the weather channel, and the reporter's reaction. not seasons related, but i also love the dancing bear in the plumboba dance video from fitness stuff)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    So 'scary' gnomes were actually quite helpful. I found this. Its a cornucopia of seeds!

2rh9orb.png
    :joy: why can't I get that lucky.
    Do you have what you are giving them in your inventory?
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    This is a really long thread and I am not sure if anyone mentioned this already but during Harvestfest if you click on the mailbox, you can send thank you cards to your sims' friends and relatives. I don't know if you can do something similar for Winterfest but I would assume so.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    This is a really long thread and I am not sure if anyone mentioned this already but during Harvestfest if you click on the mailbox, you can send thank you cards to your sims' friends and relatives. I don't know if you can do something similar for Winterfest but I would assume so.

I think it appears any time you have 'Thankfulness' (or whatever it's called) as a holiday tradition. I do have it for my Yule celebration (I replaced Father Winter with this because he was rude to my Sim kid...also, I hear he plays the lottery), and the option does appear for my mailbox.

...Thunderstorms are ruining my holidays! On Llama Day, all my Sims had to do was go into the garden and 'appreciate' the holy golden Llama, and they literally could not leave the house the entire day due to thunderstorms. I finally had them appreciate the plants in the greenhouse around 1:00 am so that the holiday wouldn't be a failure. I had the same problem on Harvestfest - they couldn't go outside to the mailbox to send a thank-you card. They had to express their thankfulness over dinner, which wouldn't be so bad except that sometimes social interactions don't register for holiday activities. (Maybe I queue them up, and my Sims decide to gossip about their neighbours instead. Even with autonomy off, they can go off-script when they start talking to each other.)
    I just want things to match. :'(

I think it appears any time you have 'Thankfulness' (or whatever it's called) as a holiday tradition. I do have it for my Yule celebration (I replaced Father Winter with this because he was rude to my Sim kid...also, I hear he plays the lottery), and the option does appear for my mailbox.

Oh cool! Good to know.
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    You can make whatever outfit you want for hot weather or cold weather!! Want a sim in a swimsuit for cold weather wear? They'll be fine.
    Oh hamburgers!
    @invisiblgirl (and everyone, really), some interactions need to be done several times before they'll complete a tradition. the social 'be thankful' with another sim is one of these (as is listening to spooky music to complete the spooky spirit tradition). you'll notice that a checkmark briefly glows next to the tradition the interaction is for, but doesn't actually check the tradition off. that means 'do enough of this interaction and it will be completed'. sometimes it's just two of that interaction, sometimes up to 5 of it, depending on what the interaction is

...although, yeah, with conversations, sims don't always like the idea of what you queue up for them to say
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @invisiblgirl (and everyone, really), some interactions need to be done several times before they'll complete a tradition. the social 'be thankful' with another sim is one of these (as is listening to spooky music to complete the spooky spirit tradition). you'll notice that a checkmark briefly glows next to the tradition the interaction is for, but doesn't actually check the tradition off. that means 'do enough of this interaction and it will be completed'. sometimes it's just two of that interaction, sometimes up to 5 of it, depending on what the interaction is

...although, yeah, with conversations, sims don't always like the idea of what you queue up for them to say

Two times is usually enough, but sometimes it does seem to take more - there aren't enough interactions for winterfest, and I don't think they get credit for repeating them to fulfill the holiday spirit tradition. I had my Sims talking like pirates for an hour of Sim time before they both got it fulfilled (but at least that was fun to listen to).

On the other hand, if you have cleaning as a tradition, but there is nothing to clean, take a book out of the bookshelf and leave it on the floor, then tell your Sim to 'clean up books'. I did that twice for both my Sims, and they both finished the 'cleaning' tradition.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • caramelcoppcaramelcopp Posts: 118 Member
    Guys I just had the lottery and The Landgrabbs won!!! They don't need that extra money. Also have any of you ever had the calendar get the weather wrong? It happened to me on the first day I played and that was it, I wish it would be wrong more, it would make it more unpredictable.

Also sorry for all the questions but does the weather channel actually predict the weather and if so how do you know if its for newcrest or brindleton bay? Thanks
    kalaksed wrote: »

Two times is usually enough, but sometimes it does seem to take more - there aren't enough interactions for winterfest, and I don't think they get credit for repeating them to fulfill the holiday spirit tradition. I had my Sims talking like pirates for an hour of Sim time before they both got it fulfilled (but at least that was fun to listen to).

On the other hand, if you have cleaning as a tradition, but there is nothing to clean, take a book out of the bookshelf and leave it on the floor, then tell your Sim to 'clean up books'. I did that twice for both my Sims, and they both finished the 'cleaning' tradition.

For this, I discovered that having them "do things like a pirate" also helps complete the tradition. Things like going to bed, or to the toilet get changed to something piraty that day and they count as "talking like a pirate".
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    kemisz wrote: »
    Sylvan Glade doesn't snow. Pregnant people can't ice skate or roller skate.

I should hope not. skating when pregnant isn't a good start into patenthhood.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    My sim fell over in the snow and i have noticed that the scarecrow gets easily jealous as she has a relationship with another Sim.
    well, just discovered this one when sent moira fyres to fish in willow creek in a cold snap near the end of autumn:
    1d36d7c03bd9a64a498b0368c194f80c.png
    edited September 2018
    ...totally unrelated to the previous post, but it appears that if sims 'shower in the rain' it also raises their bladder need which is just...eww

(edit to say that this might just be from mccc, which i installed for a day for a bit of work on some things)
    edited September 2018
    ...three posts in a row, yet they're all hours apart and totally different discovery topics

anyway, here's a fun one that i was glad to find out. been testing a few things out in a new save (which is why i needed mccc mentioned above) including trying to get a recently discovered double whammy of conception traits (father winter's child and lighthouse conception). my tester sim is finally pregnant after woohooing in the lighthouse with father winter on winterfest. hopefully the kid or kids (the lot is on ley lines) has/have both traits

father winter invited the sim to a dance party the next night, i decided sure why not, he didnt get to hear the big news before bolting back up his chimney anyway. and when we load into the chalet, i see this:
    b21113845fca193d73f46a51be7b8ccd.jpg

...you'd expect that candy and jade are not long for this world, dressed like that outdoors in the middle of winter (right after a blizzard, even). but, my showsiminfo mod proved otherwise:
    e812d23d77c39487f2e9c5a6517b23b9.png

so, party-goers are safe, at least. good for them?

the next day was romance festival, and it looks like festival attendees are immune to temperature too. but, a nice touch was everyone wearing one of the two holiday hats, since it was just two days after winterfest. here's victor feng rocking his:
    6c8c3842c2d0b9e3305956d3f7ea42b1.png
    Post edited by kalaksed on
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    @kalaksed babies conceived in the lighthouse get a special trait? What is it called and what does it do? I’ll have to give this a go.
    @MaggieMarley the trait is listed here, though it's on another test sim. i haven't actually figured out what it does yet, and am not sure anyone has. though only a handful of people seemed to know it existed:
    b677fc30af0f283bb5cc77d4f74f2ccd.png

trying to wind up with two sims with it (one also being father winter's baby) and see if that can help figure out what it does