Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

1192021222325...Next

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Ok, this sounds obvious but the higher quality your money tree is, the more cash you can reap.

I have no idea how to improve quality legitimately so I cheated the fertiliser that you get from the hermit if you own OR.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    time, care, and good fertilizers are the legitimate way to improve quality, just like other plants (my main household worked their way to a full perfect garden primarily by using perfect growfruit. had hundreds of those things before the pre-seasons gardening change)

there's another cheat you can use, too. gardening plants now have their own series of cheats if you shift click them when testingcheats true is on. you can set their growth state, quality and more (though if you set the plant as 'ready to harvest' harvestables still won't show up until 5 am)
  • Options
    even though i haven't yet finished the 'year with' for the fyres, i've been spending a few sim days prepping different things for the upcoming release. such as playing my skye household and getting ariel up to max level botanist. most of the household is vampires, ghosts (or a vampire ghost), but there are a regular human (ariel) and an alien child (ophelia) in it and, since it's the middle of winter, the plantation house is apparently freezing

didn't think to get a screenshot of it until after i bought the 'iceproof' reward trait for ariel and ophelia, but the uncomfortable moodlet for freezing indoors is called 'morgue-like'. which seems rather fitting with a vampire household...

i did get a screenshot of the new happy moodlet for being in a freezing area with the reward trait, though. and someone seems to want to burst into song:
    2bba0e596b5ced5f0742704d0316e6e5.png
  • Options
    BronstarrBronstarr Posts: 5 New Member
    I had to restart a new game in seasons. I am up to season two Summer. I started in Spring. Im 16 days in Summer and I haven't had a lottery yet? At all. Im wondering if i should repair my game or if there are some suggestions.
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Bronstarr wrote: »
    I had to restart a new game in seasons. I am up to season two Summer. I started in Spring. Im 16 days in Summer and I haven't had a lottery yet? At all. Im wondering if i should repair my game or if there are some suggestions.

Depending how long your season are, mine are only 7 days, i find the lotto only occurs every 3+ years never seen it closer than that.

• Options
    it's random when each of the hidden holidays will occur. the longer season span, the more likely you are to get all of them in one year (i've gotten lottery in winter and only in winter before, on 28 day span, though). there seems to be some sort of coding to make sure most, if not all, other holidays pop up before you get one to repeat, though
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Okay, today I've discovered lighting a bonfire during a heatwave is NOT a good idea. Even at night.

Common sense had completely escaped me, I know! :lol: My poor Luke almost melted like a campfire marshmallow.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Sims with the family oriented trait will get this moodlet one day before winterfest
    wGnp5He.png
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    edited December 2018
    Not sure if anyone said this or not, but some rivers dry up when there is a heat wave.

2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited December 2018
    My sims gain satisfaction points when they have an excellent holiday! :smile:
  • Options
    aubsupernovaaubsupernova Posts: 11 New Member
    > @VanPelt81 said:
    > ParmaViolet87 wrote: »
    >
    > Your Sims can sabotage grand meals?
    >
    >
    >
    > This is delightfully evil. :naughty:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Stomach meds eh. I wonder if this makes the sims immitate a certain infamous scene in the movie Dumb And Dumber?

I recently discovered this and tried it the yuck fruit option first and it was an absolute hilarious disaster. My sims were vomiting non stop. The stomach meds were hilarious as well just hope that you can get your sim to a bathroom in time otherwise it gets messy.
  • Options
    OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    The quality of honey depends on the friendship and grumpiness. By owning honey, you can cook honey cake. You can collect a swarm of bee which gives some interesting actions. Go check it out! I highly recommend use the "woo" one to the sim that you're romantically interested.
  • Options
    ShiftylakesShiftylakes Posts: 3 New Member
    I’ve found that if pregnant sims eat honey cake, they’ll have twins. I’ve tried it three times now, and twins every time. No fertile traits, no on ley line, just honey cake.
  • Options
    shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    I’ve found that if pregnant sims eat honey cake, they’ll have twins. I’ve tried it three times now, and twins every time. No fertile traits, no on ley line, just honey cake.

Yikes! :o Thanks for the heads up. I can barely handle one baby at a time.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,566 Member
    Sims act less than intelligent in inclement weather. It can be ice cold outside, yet, if there's a pool on the lot they're inclined to swim! Nearly lost my rising star as he nearly froze to death. Sitting on the edge of the pool in a blizzard in his swim trunks! And just yesterday in my other save the Mom who is just a YA is coming down with something. So, what does she do? She steps outside onto the front porch into the pouring rain. Yeah, Sarah, that's going to cure what ails ya, fer sure. Oi! And give me such a headache. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member
    Yesterday, several times I observed Patchy sleeping while sitting in an armchair. He'd nap a bit, then roam around the house for a while, before settling in to snooze in another armchair.
  • Options
    TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
    The never-ending present pile. I adore this item. As long as only one Sim opens one present at a time (as opposed to 'open presents with'), the presents will keep on coming. My new couple living in Crick Cabana already has 2 GeniusVision TV's, 2 Lyrical Amplifiers, 2 All-in-one Powerful PCs, 2 Incendiators, 2 Slablets and a slew of other things I sold for the simoleans. Very useful for giving a new game save a kick start.