Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3 More Years For Sims 4?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I posted this in my SimGuru tweets thread but thought it was appropriate here also. :)

Love it :)
    I had noticed that the *at least* 3 statement has become only 3 for many.

yes I know its funny how words change and how things that are said are quickly forgotten or discounted like the tweet about the years it might take
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Note that he's saying "5, 10, 15 years". Three years is just how far they're currently planned.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2018
    When thinking about making a game that lasts for 5, 10, 15 years, and will have dozens of expansions, the combinations just start to not work
    I wonder if he’s just referring to hybrids there, or to combinations in general. Because that would imply it’s almost impossible to create a game that will last that long (15 years).
    Seems like the same thing is going on in this thread as those Sims 5 threads. :D Just let us believe it's gonna go on for another 15 years. 😀
    Agreed.
    Loanet wrote: »
    Note that he's saying "5, 10, 15 years". Three years is just how far they're currently planned.
    The 3 years refers to years to come. If it’s 3 years, that will mean the version will last 7 years in total. Which is within that time frame 5-15 years.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I posted this in my SimGuru tweets thread but thought it was appropriate here also. :)

Love it :)
    I had noticed that the *at least* 3 statement has become only 3 for many.

yes I know its funny how words change and how things that are said are quickly forgotten or discounted like the tweet about the years it might take

Add 3 more years to that on the next reevaluation.. or whatever it is they do to determine whats next long term and we'll hit smack dab in the middle of that statement at about 10. Hmmm..
    Yeah I'm just poking a little now. Not that I don't hope for it to continue though :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Look at it this way - if former cash cow FIFA goes down like a Lootbox in a tank full of hungry microtransactions, which franchise will EA turn to for support?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    Madden, it's been around as long as I can remember and still going strong; any of the Battlefields, the StarWars, then they have that new game the one we saw during the I Play thing where that huge character was coming out of the screen Anthem I think it is (just asked hubby - he's waiting for it to come out in Feb. I think he said) - in fact half my family is crazy waiting over that thing - EA has a lot of big games - believe me and several franchises and many studios.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

True, and Grant actually clarified in a tweet, "At least three years." I'd repost it if I could find it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    LiELF wrote: »

True, and Grant actually clarified in a tweet, "At least three years." I'd repost it if I could find it.

Plus, Sims 5 won't be released until they've finished putting out packs for Sims 4 - there's no sense in making them compete directly. Therefore, if it's 'at least', by this logic it will be 'at least' three years until Sims 5 - but big games like these are on schedules, so if they haven't yet decided when they'll stop milking Sims 4, I don't think they've even started Sims 5.

And I seriously doubt the Dev teams are in a hurry to make their jobs redundant by running out of ideas.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited September 2018

He said it in a Variety magazine interview which I linked to in the first post.

Though EA hasn’t announced any further expansion for the four-year-old game, it appears as if “The Sims 4” will continue to have a long tale. Though he wouldn’t go into specifics, Rodiek said he was already in meetings discussing the next three years of content for the current title.

“‘Seasons’ is just the tip of the iceberg,” he said.

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/features/the-sims-4-seasons-interview-1202840327/
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Though I’m quite sure Sims 4’s got a future for sure, they also once said the game would have cars and all life stages. And when it didn’t they said “things change”. I’m still convinced that wasn’t a lie, that those were in the planning initially, I think devs simply don’t know everything there is to know, because decisions like that are being made higher up. And they are made based on exactly that: things may change over time for one reason or the other.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Though I’m quite sure Sims 4’s got a future for sure, they also once said the game would have cars and all life stages. And when it didn’t they said “things change”. I’m still convinced that wasn’t a lie, that those were in the planning initially, I think devs simply don’t know everything there is to know, because decisions like that are being made higher up. And they are made based on exactly that: things may change over time for one reason or the other.

t

that is true but by that logic it could be longer then they think as well
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited September 2018

that is true but by that logic it could be longer then they think as well
    Yes, only time will tell ;) As far as I’m concerned I hope they’ll keep developing for Sims 4 by the way. As for a Sims 5, I’m not in a hurry at all. I’m more than willing to wait for like 5 years if it will result in a great game that will reunite this community.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    If they are planning to do a sims 5, I say take all the time you need. I do not want something that looks rushed. I want it to be that worthwhile game that brings me back in. Three years is nothing.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

Though EA hasn’t announced any further expansion for the four-year-old game, it appears as if “The Sims 4” will continue to have a long tale. Though he wouldn’t go into specifics, Rodiek said he was already in meetings discussing the next three years of content for the current title.

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/features/the-sims-4-seasons-interview-1202840327/

The tip of an iceberg is not always a good thing...
    3k6h.gif
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

The tip of an iceberg is not always a good thing...
    3k6h.gif

So true!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    3 more years of half-baked game packs being piled up on a weak game engine that already cannot support open world/CAW/CaSt....I have a feeling that the game engine isnt going to be able to handle 3 more years of content. Sooner or later,the weak game engine will break,and EA will not be able to fix it.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Well as this was first posted in June 2018 we probably don't have that many years left.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, considering this thread has been inactive for 2 years nearly I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top