Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight at the Manor ~ A Sims3 Reality Show ~ Cancelled!

Comments

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Well, Twiddle stated that the person who knows the villain most escapes and wins, the person who did not know the villain most is the villain's final victim. There is no win scenario for the villain.

It seems as though the villain survives. Maybe the winner escapes and calls the authorities and the villain is taken away to jail?

I think Twiddle has yet to announce a winning scenario for the villain. Or else Alleen would've never stood a chance winning from day 1. :/
    Banner.png
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited July 2018
    Well, Twiddle stated that the person who knows the villain most escapes and wins, the person who did not know the villain most is the villain's final victim. There is no win scenario for the villain.

It seems as though the villain survives. Maybe the winner escapes and calls the authorities and the villain is taken away to jail?

I think Twiddle has yet to announce a winning scenario for the villain. Or else Alleen would've never stood a chance winning from day 1. :/

End Game:
    Once only three guests remain the End Game will be played, A quiz on who knows the Villain the most. The higher scorer will escape, The other will become the Villain's final victim.

I'm going from this which is listed on the first page.

3 guests: 1 villain/2 townies.

highest score will escape (if it's the villain, does he escape and win?) ... the other (singular) will become the villain's final victim. The middle score? What happens to that player? Or are only the two townies playing the game to see who knows the villain the most? So then the higher score escapes and wins, the other becomes the victim?

highest seems to indicate all 3 take the quiz. The word "other" seems to indicate a singular loser in the case that only the two townies take a quiz to see who knows the third player (the villain) better. That's what causes my confusion.

Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think it'll be like The Mole where the two guests take the quiz while the villain does nothing, although everyone is made to believe the villain is also taking it to keep up the charade
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Does the final villain win? Lose?

One townsperson is guaranteed to win if I understand. But the villain?

I asked on page 53, but I didn't get an answer.

I think we should know if and how the villain wins.
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    With open discussion the villian doesn't have a chance to win ever... :s
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    I’m sure Twids has a way, or maybe he can think of one ^^ he’s a smart ducky!
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    I’m sure Twids has a way, or maybe he can think of one ^^ he’s a smart ducky!

And creative!
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I'm not even sure what is going on but it looks like the Villian has dodged the bullet this round, Alleen is probably enjoying this. :D
  • Options
    You bet :D
  • Options
    kittymeow wrote: »
    I'm not even sure what is going on but it looks like the Villian has dodged the bullet this round, Alleen is probably enjoying this. :D

Well, at least if Felix isn't the villain he will be confirmed town. That CSI, though, lol.

What if Turner is already bad and that's why he's being sneaky. The villain would not want a confirmed townie...so it doesn't seem like the villain would want to vote with majority.
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    I don't think I'd play this chaoticly as a baddie, although I agree that IS the Villain's strategy: prevent as many majority votes as possible.
  • Options
    Ooo! Oooh! I'm just believing what everyone says. 4 people said that they voted for Felix. If Felix isn't lynched, then I will know that Turner, Kitty, and I are town because it would mean that Haylo, Jake, or Iceman lied about their vote -- and that means that they are villain. (by same token, the other 2 townies who voted Felix would know the same except they would know they were the other townie).

Interesting ...
  • Options
    Alleenmens wrote: »

This reminds me of one of the first times we played mafia on the Sims forums. Everyone could discuss whatever during day on the thread, but votes were private. The mafia said on the thread they would vote for X but really vote for Y (there were 3 mafia and a sicko so 4 votes for the bad guy). lol Town did not stand a chance.

The next day everyone was confused why Y was lynched when everyone said they were voting for X.
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    I remember on The Locomotive that the killer there could win and successfully kill everyone else if they'd win the final challenge. Is there a mechanic for that here, @twiddle3?

It's the same mechanic as that, There is definitely a scenario where the killer can win.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    I remember on The Locomotive that the killer there could win and successfully kill everyone else if they'd win the final challenge. Is there a mechanic for that here, @twiddle3?

It's the same mechanic as that, There is definitely a scenario where the killer can win.

We should be told that scenario. Don't you think?
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »
    Turner wrote: »
    We need to work together.

I agree, because I was the original person to say this. I started these open discussions, but after reading how to actually win this game, my strategy has since changed.

If I ever become villain I am turning you into the next criminal just so you can't win. >:)

I personally liked this comment, lol.

Yup, that's the scary thing about being the villain. You don't have much of a net of safety. That's why I liked your logic quite a few days back, about whether or not we should actually kill the Villain each time or hold them for ransom. XD Because if we continually pinpoint them, then the winner of this game is determined by who DIDN'T get chosen as the Villain, which seems odd to me. So it's still unclear whether or not it's best to continuously target the killer.

I don't know. This is a new game format and I strongly believe Twiddle had no idea we'd dissect it THIS much. :lol:

^^ This ^^

You guys were better at this than I thought, hence why I have made the clues harder. :D
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    twiddle3 wrote: »

We should be told that scenario. Don't you think?

Okay, Allow me to explain the full concept of what each person has to do because this may help settle any confusion.

Party Guest: "The Party guests job is to find the killer, Their goal is to win the Party Games during the day to win clues/Immunity and to vote for the killer at night. One of the Party guests is killed by the Villain if they choose incorrectly"

Win Scenario: By making it to the End Game the final 3 will take a quiz on who knows The Villain the most/General Knowledge questions about the game so far, The highest scorer wins the game. Clues collected throughout the season will greatly assist Party Guests in the final quiz.
    The quiz consists of 10 questions and a Final Tiebreaker question, Some about the Villain, Some about details during the game for example:

"What was the First Villain's Home Town?"
    A. Wisconsin
    B. Timbuktu
    C. Antartica
    D. Liverpool

or "What was the Third Villain's Motive?"
    A. Money
    B. Revenge
    C. Jealousy
    D. Rage

As for a General Knowledge question, It may look something like:

"What was the First Clue this Season?"
    A. A Clock set at 2:00 pm
    B. A Spilled Glass of Wine
    C. An empty bottle of Drain Cleaner
    D. A poisonous Frog from South America

So you see the more people who know these clues while helping you to find the Villain's identity also decreases the value of the information because now everyone knows that the First Clue was a Clock set to 2:00 pm thusly meaning that everyone knows the answer to that question and so makes your job of winning the quiz even harder.

Villain: "The Villain's Job is to remain undetected long enough to kill off the other guests, This can be achieved by Winning the daily party games. Doing this will keep Party Guests from winning Immunity and from receiving clues, It is in the Villain's best interest to keep as many people from winning the Party Games as possible (Hence why some games include a Villain's advantage to assist them) if the Villain is discovered during the night by the Party Guests voting for them in majority then they are killed instead and a new Villain is chosen.

Win Scenario:
    When the Villain reaches the End Game they too also take a quiz, However, this quiz is not about themselves (As they already know what all the clues say) so this quiz is 10 questions about the other Party Guests. Such as:

"What was the name of Duana's pet Dog?"
    A. Cheeto
    B. Chico
    C. Choco
    D. Chester

The Villain has the same Tiebreaker question of the other guests, The person who scores the highest score still wins.

So if the Villain scores the highest the others will become the final victims, If a Party Guest wins the 3rd place guest dies and the Villain is arrested. If the Villain comes in 3rd Place then the 1st place Guest wins and the 2nd Place dies.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Alleenmens wrote: »

This reminds me of one of the first times we played mafia on the Sims forums. Everyone could discuss whatever during day on the thread, but votes were private. The mafia said on the thread they would vote for X but really vote for Y (there were 3 mafia and a sicko so 4 votes for the bad guy). lol Town did not stand a chance.

The next day everyone was confused why Y was lynched when everyone said they were voting for X.

You see this is the problem with new game formats, I had no idea it would play out like this, I assumed that everyone would keep their clues to themselves at first or discuss them privately.

I, however, decided to allow open discussion because again I didn't think people would discuss their clues so openly.

The reason the Villain (Unlike The Mole) has no real protection is that I wanted this to be like Mafia whereas the Villain has the same chances as everyone else to win or to lose and that winning the games would be the best way to remain undetected, Hence the Villain's advantages.

I thought by giving the Villain immunity or some sort of super advantage it would break the game, Turns out it's the guests that are game breaking. I didn't plan for that, I only planned on tweaking the Villain's role slightly if it was too overpowered. :s
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options

The Villain always had a chance of winning, By winning the games and securing Immunity for themselves.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    that was great, Twiddle! Thank you for explaining it to me.

I am having a lot of fun in the House of Death <3
  • Options
    that was great, Twiddle! Thank you for explaining it to me.

I am having a lot of fun in the House of Death <3

Thank you, Lala, I myself have really lost the plot with all this.

I've made some catastrophic errors along the way, I should have planned this out better. I really don't know what to do at this point. :p

Would you guys prefer if I scrapped the whole reality part of the show and just continued with the story?

Either way, I feel like I've messed it all up.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Nah, I'm having fun. Let's just wing it. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Nah, just play on. New formats just need to be played in order for the whole potential to sink in.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    No!! Twiddle. This is a bunch of fun. Let's keep on playing like we are playing.
  • Options
    Yeah, let it be a revenge game... The villains choose the people who annoyed them the most... Haha... :D