Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townies do the darndest things

I thought it would be fun to have a thread for screenshots of funny, intriguing, creepy or interesting things you spotted townies doing on your own in your game. Their terrible fashion choices are welcome too!

One of my favourite moments was spotting a red ghost floating above the Nile at night in Al Simhara while my adventuring sim was sleeping:

2db1myf.jpg

1zw0niv.jpg

b97gc9.jpg

351ajus.jpg

When the same adventuring sim became an elder, he and his wife visited Shang Simla together, and I spotted these two girls - the Lu sisters - creepily staring at the wife while she was working out at the Academy. They reminded me of the twins from The Shining!

2j154cp.jpg

nz3se8.jpg

2yjx57d.jpg

In my current Sunset Valley game, while my sims were reading at the library, pretty but mean-spirited townie Regina Koffi (Gobias' daughter) beat up another townie, and then started playing the drums in the library.

oAl3yjB.jpg

d8ZTlmA.jpg

p77rMKE.jpg

What are some of your favourite cool, creepy or funny townie snapshots?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    @CravenLestat there is a dumpster in the basement of a house in Dr agon Valley. It's near the criminal headquarters. I haven't looked in that hoyse for years byt i do remember getting a surprise when I fou bhai d that dumpster.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I had my game paused and looked over and saw this:
    VXdzhlY.jpg

Two elder sims playing catch. But it looked weird. :o
    giphy.gif

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have had some annoying Sims doing stuff at University!

28423612_10155375886331497_5075601705080880855_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=cfafed246c055dd6368f5777829910de&oe=5B65585F

28617283_10155375886356497_1303148838425145785_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=095b20035e03f55b7ee4ffac0a46474e&oe=5B2B595B

28617173_10155375886411497_6488627656333447060_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=01d342e9932df66e256fc2891b414a75&oe=5B70F5AF

28616596_10155375886506497_956793621370664424_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a1b97349d25426f74ac58cef067edf6a&oe=5B69E70B

28514361_10155375886911497_4901343827260274820_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f6d79009b97a5fdc1315cc4b45dfb424&oe=5B3130BA
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I don´t really have pictures, but when I started playing Moonlight Falls, my family got seriously harassed by Jin Anjali. She´s an insane witch, and for some reason she got employed as a paparazzi. So she showed up every day at my sims house and set them on fire or froze them. I was a total newbie at that time and didn´t really know what to do, so I just spend the days watching my sims like a hawk, so they didn´t set a foot out of the front door when Jin was there. After a time she didn´t show up any more and I was really happy about that. :D

Screenshot1409.jpg
    Chris got fried several times because he likes to talk to people and always went outside to greet her.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Here is a Midnight Hollow townie Maggie Flynn zombiefied on the night of the full moon.
    41034863751_81404ee350_c.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    My sim August is a private investigator. He lives in Starlight Shores, and one day he had a case to help Catherine Best.

When I rolled up on the scene I found her making out with some werewolf who was not her husband. Luckily for her, she had stopped by the time August arrived, or that would've made it into an update... >:)

Once August got his case, he sat down with a laptop to do work on it. Catherine went behind the bar, where she proceeded to chat with Wiley Luck and a random barista.

Their entire conversation turned to August...

Every speak bubble. They were having a full blown conversation about my sim, watching him from behind the bar. Luckily though, they didn't seem to be speaking badly-well, not all of them were.

Something Wiley said (still accompanied by August image speech bubble) offended the barista. She got very upset, and if I'm remembering right pushed him out of the conversation.

Who knows what they were saying about my sim. I just found the entire thing so surreal.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I made my sim do a oppurnity at the diner to make some food for a competion. I got there and everyone was screaming really loud. Turns out one of them had died and many of them were fainting. It was really weird. Everyone was screaming as there was a show going on as well. I looked on the other side and there were lots of propiperters as well. I had to reset.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @CravenLestat , You get an awesome for Daryl!!
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I don´t really have pictures, but when I started playing Moonlight Falls, my family got seriously harassed by Jin Anjali. She´s an insane witch, and for some reason she got employed as a paparazzi. So she showed up every day at my sims house and set them on fire or froze them. I was a total newbie at that time and didn´t really know what to do, so I just spend the days watching my sims like a hawk, so they didn´t set a foot out of the front door when Jin was there. After a time she didn´t show up any more and I was really happy about that. :D

Screenshot1409.jpg
    Chris got fried several times because he likes to talk to people and always went outside to greet her.

OMG !! I would have been angry with her!

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I didn't get a picture, unfortunately, as I was taken by surprise and not quick enough. My married couple was at University. The wife, who's in the fine arts program, went to the bookstore after class, to buy recipes and guitar music. Standing outside the store at the time was Miles Forthright. When she came out and headed for their rented home just down the street, Miles hit on her, then approached her to chat. And that's all it was, just an ordinary chat. She acted very uncomfortable, looked everywhere except at him, and all she said was uh... ah.... Then Miles gave up and left, and she ran for home. I had never seen anything like it before!
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,130 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »

2db1myf.jpg

1zw0niv.jpg

b97gc9.jpg

@PalmArrow Creepy! :flushed:

But awesome at the same time! :star:

I don't have any funny townie pics at the moment, but I'll try to remember this thread when I do. ;)<3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    This deserves a mention as far as townies doing the darndest things.

Over the years NPCs like babysitters and maids and butlers get a bad rep people say they do not do anything,are worthless etc.Mine seem to work as intended.

This was I think love day so wanted to take Lola on a date and hired a babysitter.We are in Lucky Palms and we got Margarita Alvarez "more on her later".Anyway went on our date am not controlling ANYTHING!!! at my home just watching her taking screenshots from the lot we were on.

Before I start ROFL at my creeper sim checking out a teenager...classic.She was arriving as I was headed to get the mail.

That "I am going to prison for this" look :D

qpN0868.png

Anyway we were gone and she went and watched my daughter playing

pjlNTrI.png

What does the supposedly incompetent babysitter do next??

Helped her learn her xylophone skill

2YbBZqH.png

But wait!!! my daughter gets a hunger thought bubble...Will she care??

Maybe she is standing to go watch TV

5vudNVZ.png

NOPE :smile:

FiPMyhz.png

Score again for the NPC carried her to the highchair and gave her some food

1kc0rjv.png

After eating what does Margarita do??

Watch TV
    Play on computer
    Text

Nope changed her diaper

aHngixj.png

Was happy after my date and next day took her out as a reward to karaoke night,I like EAs outfit they gave her pretty risque for a babysitter.Lina in front watching was actually booing our singing,wanted to jump over the machine and beat her with my microphone.She is after all my wife's sister

accgY57.png

Bonus stuff especially for... hate to say this cause I wont do it :rage: but for you Tweakers Margarita grows up great but one small problem..

At young adult she gets the body of a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model and is really cute but her nose does not work with her face.

Her YA untouched to show you,and am covering her nose so you can see the potential for ones who may want a wife you only have to give a nose job.

mwTPY5e.png

So if you are in LP and got a teen son who is looking for a GF Margarita is great just I personally do not like her nose.

Her wiki

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Margarita_Alvarez

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @CravenLestat Wow. I don't know where to start.... I was going to try to make excuses for your ss, but yeah, if the town had any thought police he'd already be in jail.

You're right about Margarita, on multiple levels. The nose really does change her whole look, and not for the better. But maybe that's why she's working so hard to earn money as a babysitter? Nose jobs aren't cheap, especially if you'd rather not come out looking like Frankenstein's monster. She seems a lot more competent than the babysitters I usually see, although it's not a large sample size. The last one my sims hired (I think Candy Ashleydale, definitely in SV) let the kid scream with hunger pangs and a dirty diaper for an entire six-hour work shift. She's extremely lucky I don't have the Supernatural EP, or I'd probably still be finding new ways for my sims to repay her.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @puzzlezaddict I loves gingers but never trust a redhead to watch your kids.They got tempers :D I like the NPCs and if you are interested the babysitter in IP is a hottie sim at YA with no issues in the looks department.The only issue is I cant trust my SS alone with her till she ages up.Blanca is super pretty even at teen :love:

PS:Candy is a klepto so don't hire her late at night

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited April 2018

@CravenLestat Ooh...I love the Angenieux Optimo 24-290 T2.8 in the background of that Walking Dead Set Shot. :D My camera geek interest is whetted. That is a $73,399.00 lens. And I'm sure that it's connected to a Red Pro Epic - which starts at $24,900. OUCH.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/750881-REG/Vello_LA_NF_T_Nikon_F_Mount_To.html
    If I had one of these, I could mount that Optimo to my D300s. :D But I could probably get a Nikon 300f/2.8 a heckuva lot cheaper. :D In fact for the price of that lens, I could probably get my 600mm f/4, 400mm f/2.8, 300mm f/2.8 and a 500mm f/4...AND a 800mm f/5.6 and have all the lenses that I need for wildlife photography just in that amount of money. that I'd spend to get an overpriced 290f/2.8 for cinema. :D ~sigh~ priorities. :D
    Edit: Did the math. The total amount of those lenses comes out to: $65354.88... :D Which leaves me with $8044.12 Which means I could get my 24-70mm f/2.8 + my 14-24mm f/2.8 as well and then have a couple thousand to spend on a top of the line gaming computer if I had that much money. :D

As far as my townies doing the darndest things...I haven't seen too much happen with them.

But as far as MY sim doing something which makes me shake my head.

Screenshot-119.jpg

How...the... ????
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member

@CravenLestat Ooh...I love the Angenieux Optimo 24-290 T2.8 in the background of that Walking Dead Set Shot. :D My camera geek interest is whetted. That is a $73,399.00 lens. And I'm sure that it's connected to a Red Pro Epic - which starts at $24,900. OUCH.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/750881-REG/Vello_LA_NF_T_Nikon_F_Mount_To.html
    If I had one of these, I could mount that Optimo to my D300s. :D But I could probably get a Nikon 300f/2.8 a heckuva lot cheaper. :D In fact for the price of that lens, I could probably get my 600mm f/4, 400mm f/2.8, 300mm f/2.8 and a 500mm f/4...AND a 800mm f/5.6 and have all the lenses that I need for wildlife photography just in that amount of money. that I'd spend to get an overpriced 290f/2.8 for cinema. :D ~sigh~ priorities. :D
    Edit: Did the math. The total amount of those lenses comes out to: $65354.88... :D Which leaves me with $8044.12 Which means I could get my 24-70mm f/2.8 + my 14-24mm f/2.8 as well and then have a couple thousand to spend on a top of the line gaming computer if I had that much money. :D

As far as my townies doing the darndest things...I haven't seen too much happen with them.

But as far as MY sim doing something which makes me shake my head.

Screenshot-119.jpg

How...the... ????

Or when they go into the sink, I forget to take a screenshot
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    @CravenLestat
    May I ask where the patinings in this pic are from?
    Nope changed her diaper

aHngixj.png

[the ones at the back of the community lots - There are very cool :smiley: ]
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,311 Member
    @CravenLestat
    May I ask where the patinings in this pic are from?
    Nope changed her diaper

aHngixj.png

[the ones at the back of the community lots - There are very cool :smiley: ]

@avatarit, if I'm not mistaken, they look like the ones that can be found on the drafting table that's at the cosignment shop. When you send your Sims to the shop, you can find these drawings on the drafting table... :)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    TY @lisasc360

@Avatarit Those are from the drafting table,I love having a consignment shop in my town cause is a fun "daily" for your sim to go get pics townies draw For You they will go there sit and draw pics that are free to take.Sooooo many good ones will try to get you a few shots of them cause I like to screenie my finds.A fun surprise to see what you get everyday,but if you find one unfinished where sim is gone trash it so a new one can be made next day.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Well is on topic cause townies do these.....

@Avatarit Here are some and cool info on one that blew my mind.In game my sim visits after it closes to see what treat was left for me every night also fun cause you get to see who drew it by viewing it.All free to take and you can if you choose to hit "Frame" will give them a black frame if you prefer before hanging them on your wall

This was a sketch of a consignment store...in a consignment store

PAZuGQ2.png

Shang Simla :o

v3gilY5.png

Mind blown time ya ready...

This is a picture of a hot young gold digger woman with a elderly man.Guess who drew it???

Lina Lancaster :o She is young hot sim dating a elder for his money in the game.Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2I2QU1e.png

The stadium

gh1Ltrm.png

Criminal hideout

zX7VjGx.png

Steampunk inventor

ooWEch7.png

Kids playroom *I believe this was unfinished though* the finished one is better.I think had to scrap it :cry:

Nc6qK2k.png

One of my favorites :heart:

3v1dN8O.png

Showing you it on the wall,and yes YA Lola is the cutest thing ever.I love townies she was my wife in that save

2P3Oqpw.png

Apparently a townie was drawing Flo from a diner :lol:

rRBxEPH.png

Anyway some examples there are tons to collect this was a small example

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Guess who didn’t win the pie-eating contest? :p
    pgbYokv.jpg
    YA Lola is the cutest thing ever.

@CravenLestat What happened to Betty? :<