Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something to think about (regarding My First Pet Stuff)

Comments

• Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I know one thing - for folks wanting a farming pack with farm animals - after this reaction to this pack - well I would be doubtful if Maxis will even consider more animals in another pack. Such a shame.

I hope that's not the case - but a little voice in my head is sobbing....
    "Farewell dreams of a farm in Sims 4......"

I think it will effect more then just small animals. It will definitely put a damper on sims 5 if we get it and say goodbye to anything new. I really wanted farming too. I'm sure the sim Guru's are looking at there notes for new packs and taking out new ideas to make it safe and comparable to the sims 3 and 2 content, I know I would. Too much headache not to.
  • Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    I know one thing - for folks wanting a farming pack with farm animals - after this reaction to this pack - well I would be doubtful if Maxis will even consider more animals in another pack. Such a shame.

If the farm did NOT require C&D or even C&D+MFP, then why would it? The major issue everyone, from what I've seen is how they made a DLC for a DLC. If down the road, they made Spring and then Winter and then Fall all in separate packs and then made a farm that required all those plus the base game, believe me no one would like it. This is what is worrying most (if not all) who object to this latest pack. Believe me, there are things I would love to have in MFP, but I refuse to buy it on the principal of this issue.
  • Options
    lele62 wrote: »

If the farm did NOT require C&D or even C&D+MFP, then why would it? The major issue everyone, from what I've seen is how they made a DLC for a DLC. If down the road, they made Spring and then Winter and then Fall all in separate packs and then made a farm that required all those plus the base game, believe me no one would like it. This is what is worrying most (if not all) who object to this latest pack. Believe me, there are things I would love to have in MFP, but I refuse to buy it on the principal of this issue.

Well they made spooky stuff, its clearly a Halloween pack and could of been apart of seasons yet no one even noticed. The only thing they did different was put the EP out then the pack.
  • Options
    Cheekybits wrote: »

Well they made spooky stuff, its clearly a Halloween pack and could of been apart of seasons yet no one even noticed. The only thing they did different was put the EP out then the pack.

You lost me. What EP pack was Spooky Stuff supposed to be part of? We don't have Seasons yet and it's not clear if we will even though many, including me, want it. Also Spooky Stuff has items that can be used without any other pack.
  • Options

You lost me. What EP pack was Spooky Stuff supposed to be part of? We don't have Seasons yet and it's not clear if we will even though many, including me, want it. Also Spooky Stuff has items that can be used without any other pack.

I'm sure we'll get it. I want it too xD Yea it can be used without any pack but that's only because if they added a restriction to needing the seasons pack, wed know seasons was coming. For C&D it would be near impossible to expand on content without the need of C&D. If they do make seasons, I'm sure people will want to dress up there pets to keep them warm or pics while enjoying the seasons.
  • Options

I'm sure we'll get it. I want it too xD Yea it can be used without any pack but that's only because if they added a restriction to needing the seasons pack, wed know seasons was coming. For C&D it would be near impossible to expand on content without the need of C&D. If they do make seasons, I'm sure people will want to dress up there pets to keep them warm or pics while enjoying the seasons.

I guess that all depends on if the pets feel the cold the way the sims will. The have fur. IRL I never dress my pets, though I have always had large dogs and my cats were always indoor cats.
  • Options

I guess that all depends on if the pets feel the cold the way the sims will. The have fur. IRL I never dress my pets, though I have always had large dogs and my cats were always indoor cats.

Yea I agree. I don’t dress my pets in rl and on the game my sims never have time to take care of dogs and cats let alone dress them but if they put a reason to dress my cats and dogs in the sims it could be something I’d try.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I hope thats not the case ether but how the pack sells will be the game changer not people online or at least it should be
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2018

A (probably) game pack adding a farm world, cows, horses, chicken, rabbits, goats, expanded gardening/farm functionality, farmer markets, farming machines, and hopefully more is absolutely nothing compared to a little 10 dollar pack which recycles content from an expansion with a fresh coat of paint. Will EA actually go as far as delivering a game pack which includes all I have posted (as it 100% should) and more? I am not holding my breath after this pack.

So, no, for folks wanting a farming pack with farm animals, after this pack, they should be worried EA won't deliver the experience they desire. And that is a shame.
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I didn't mind the store. At the time, I had the disposable income since I had paid off my car loan and student loans at the time. But with TS4 I love how we're getting more for our money.

As for the outrage on the forums, what I don't understand is where was the outrage when Toddler Stuff came out? There was so much of it here when they weren't in the game in the first place. Then, we got toddlers. After that, we got the Parenthood GP. But what happened when Toddler Stuff came out? Crickets.

That's why I'm NOT in support of this current outrage.

I agree, @Ravager619 ! Especially since EA could have had us pay to get toddlers! (Many people thought that was why they weren't in the base game to begin with.) But they didn't charge us for toddlers and the toddlers were much better than they were in TS3, yet many people seem to have forgotten that and are berating EA as if EA was charging money for the air we breathe! :( I have enjoyed all of my EPs, GPs and SPs. I will certainly be getting My First Pet! <3

@ everybody, I do understand that some Simmers won't be buying this pack because they feel that this isn't a good deal or they are getting ripped off, etc. That is your prerogative. :) My prerogative is that I think the stuff looks cute and I think the price is fair, so I will be buying it. ;)

On the flip side, so many people complain that EA is "greedy". Maybe they aren't or maybe they are, but I've seen many greedy Simmers who think everything should have been included in the base game! They think that whether, pets, playable jobs, college, and more should have been included. Please let us not forget that greed can run both ways! :#

But what ever you decide to do, Happy Simming! <3
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    I didn't mind the store. At the time, I had the disposable income since I had paid off my car loan and student loans at the time. But with TS4 I love how we're getting more for our money.

As for the outrage on the forums, what I don't understand is where was the outrage when Toddler Stuff came out? There was so much of it here when they weren't in the game in the first place. Then, we got toddlers. After that, we got the Parenthood GP. But what happened when Toddler Stuff came out? Crickets.

I agree, @Ravager619 ! Especially since EA could have had us pay to get toddlers! (Many people thought that was why they weren't in the base game to begin with.) But they didn't charge us for toddlers and the toddlers were much better than they were in TS3, yet many people seem to have forgotten that and are berating EA as if EA was charging money for the air we breathe! :( I have enjoyed all of my EPs, GPs and SPs. I will certainly be getting My First Pet! <3

@ everybody, I do understand that some Simmers won't be buying this pack because they feel that this isn't a good deal or they are getting ripped off, etc. That is your prerogative. :) My prerogative is that I think the stuff looks cute and I think the price is fair, so I will be buying it. ;)

On the flip side, so many people complain that EA is "greedy". Maybe they aren't or maybe they are, but I've seen many greedy Simmers who think everything should have been included in the base game! They think that whether, pets, playable jobs, college, and more should have been included. Please let us not forget that greed can run both ways! :#

If they had charged for toddlers people would have been upset because they are base game content. Plus would have been difficult for future packs because some people would have toddlers and some wouldn’t.

I don’t agree that weather and pets should be base game either. I actually don’t even agree that the rodents and disease should be free. They should be in cats and dogs or part of a game pack. I would like those things in my game.

I just don’t support the idea they are being split up with a lot of re coloured items and pet suits which have no use to me. Those should have been in cats and dogs or free. They are recolours.

Enjoy though the pack.
  • Options

If they had charged for toddlers people would have been upset because they are base game content. Plus would have been difficult for future packs because some people would have toddlers and some wouldn’t.

I don’t agree that weather and pets should be base game either. I actually don’t even agree that the rodents and disease should be free. They should be in cats and dogs or part of a game pack. I would like those things in my game.

I just don’t support the idea they are being split up with a lot of re coloured items and pet suits which have no use to me. Those should have been in cats and dogs or free. They are recolours.

Enjoy though the pack.

@MidnightAura , I understand that you want to get what you feel is the best value (who doesn't?!?) But if all of those items had been included in C&D, we would be missing other items. They can't include everything they think of and still stay in business. I'm not upset at a recolor since we don't have all the colors and patterns I want . (some people pay modders to recolor items for CC in their game anyway). Besides, not everything is a recolor ... the new hair is not and most of the pet costumes/clothing aren't either. ;) Besides, when this pack was announced they called the items that were recolors "pet prints" which is exactly what they are. Its not like they promised "totally new shaped clothing". ;)

• Options
    edited March 2018

Enjoy though the pack.

@MidnightAura , I understand that you want to get what you feel is the best value (who doesn't?!?) But if all of those items had been included in C&D, we would be missing other items. They can't include everything they think of and still stay in business. I'm not upset at a recolor since we don't have all the colors and patterns I want . (some people pay modders to recolor items for CC in their game anyway). Besides, not everything is a recolor ... the new hair is not and most of the pet costumes/clothing aren't either. ;) Besides, when this pack was announced they called the items that were recolors "pet prints" which is exactly what they are. Its not like they promised "totally new shaped clothing". ;)
    For build and buy? Well cats and dogs build and buy was on the light side I think. Thirty two wall stickers? I don’t believe they couldn’t have added in the re colours and the costumes into that pack. I don’t buy that. (Pardon the pun lol)

One of the new hairs is just the same as the other but with highlights, I hesitate to even say it’s a whole new hairstyle.

Ea make a hefty profit. Don’t worry about them financially. Believe me, they don’t need your worry.

Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • Options

For build and buy? Well cats and dogs build and buy was on the light side I think. Thirty two wall stickers? I don’t believe they couldn’t have added in the re colours and the costumes into that pack. I don’t buy that. (Pardon the pun lol)

One of the new hairs is just the same as the other but with highlights,mimhesistate to even say it’s a whole new hairstyle.

Ea make a hefty profit. Don’t worry about them financially. Believe me, they don’t need your worry.

@MidnightAura , I'm not "worried" that EA is on the brink of bankruptcy. I'm just being practical. If they had included that desk and chair, something else would have taken out. Wall stickers?!??? I was thinking of an object our Sims actually use! They can use a chair and desk (the decals are more for us to look at, not for our Sims' pleasure), so they probably would have removed another chair or table to compensate for the desk and chair that they added. Or it could have been another item, like the robot vacuum for example. Then if they had made the My First Pet SP and included the robot vacuum in it, none of us would have even known that it was "pulled" from the C&D EP! ;) At least this way is more honest! :) As for the hair, my point was that there was something that wasn't a recolor of something from the base game or another pack, so a recolor of a hair from this pack is not a problem! ;) Just like the pet costumes are not recolors, but just because you have no use for pet costumes you seem to think that this doesn't count. I guess no one else should be allowed to enjoy pet costumes then.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

One of the new hairs is just the same as the other but with highlights,mimhesistate to even say it’s a whole new hairstyle.

@MidnightAura , I'm not "worried" that EA is on the brink of bankruptcy. I'm just being practical. If they had included that desk and chair, something else would have taken out. Wall stickers?!??? I was thinking of an object our Sims actually use! They can use a chair and desk (the decals are more for us to look at, not for our Sims' pleasure), so they probably would have removed another chair or table to compensate for the desk and chair that they added. Or it could have been another item, like the robot vacuum for example. Then if they had made the My First Pet SP and included the robot vacuum in it, none of us would have even known that it was "pulled" from the C&D EP! ;) At least this way is more honest! :) As for the hair, my point was that there was something that wasn't a recolor of something from the base game or another pack, so a recolor of a hair from this pack is not a problem! ;) Just like the pet costumes are not recolors, but just because you have no use for pet costumes you seem to think that this doesn't count. I guess no one else should be allowed to enjoy pet costumes then.

No, not at all, you want to dress up your pets -Fill your boots. I have never said no one should be able to enjoy it.

I have no personal use for pet costumes so it is not a feature for me that I am interested in, the addition of more pet costumes (many of which are from items we have already) I believe should have been in cats and dogs and I don’t believe it would have meant we sacrificed something else as I said (and many agree) cats and dogs was a very “thin” pack to begin with. Two pet beds, very little toys etc. I personally have no use for pet costumes, I don’t like them and I’m disappointed that we didn’t get one new pet collar if we had to get more pet accessories. But the pack coming with a heck of a lot of items I would not use doesn’t inspire me to buy it. If you want to buy it for pet costumes alone knock yourself out.

I just think again (as said in many a review) there are elements of that pack that should have been in cats and dogs.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    If you watched a bunch of ads to get the points, then you spent time instead of money. Time is also a valued resource. (Just ask anyone who plays mobile games, and if they've ever seen mircotransactions that allow things to speed up or happen instantly, lol.)

Yes, time is an valued resource but if one has nothing but time why not get simoleons for free. What you see as wasted time, others see differently and you are earning something. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

I think you are missing the point.
    I am being very critical about this SP but I also really want a farming pack. The thing is, it makes no sense to think that because of the backlash this pack is getting, they would scrap a possible farming pack.
    This pack is not being criticised for "having more animals". It is being criticised for having many items that belonged in a previous EP, hence having said items only available for people that purchased another DLC, and now that we know what's included is also criticised for reusing old meshes and old patterns like there's no tomorrow.
    Many people that are against this pack would have been fairly happy with a GP that focuses on many small pets for example.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options

No, not at all, you want to dress up your pets -Fill your boots. I have never said no one should be able to enjoy it.

I have no personal use for pet costumes so it is not a feature for me that I am interested in, the addition of more pet costumes (many of which are from items we have already) I believe should have been in cats and dogs and I don’t believe it would have meant we sacrificed something else as I said (and many agree) cats and dogs was a very “thin” pack to begin with. Two pet beds, very little toys etc. I personally have no use for pet costumes, I don’t like them and I’m disappointed that we didn’t get one new pet collar if we had to get more pet accessories. But the pack coming with a heck of a lot of items I would not use doesn’t inspire me to buy it. If you want to buy it for pet costumes alone knock yourself out.

I just think again (as said in many a review) there are elements of that pack that should have been in cats and dogs.

@MidnightAura , look -- I only mentioned the pet costumes because they are not recolors (some of the pet shirts and sweaters are, but we did not have any banana, cowboy, astronaut, bumble bee costumes in C&D of any color, so they can't be recolors.) Then when I said that the costumes were new, you dismissed me by saying you didn't care about costumes. That is why I said "Just like the pet costumes are not recolors, but just because you have no use for pet costumes you seem to think that this doesn't count. I guess no one else should be allowed to enjoy pet costumes then. " I said that because you went from complaining about this pack being a bunch of recolors, then when I pointed out some things that weren't, you acted like those things didn't matter because they aren't interesting to you. :/ Personally, I don't care if you buy this pack or not, but my original post was replying to someone else (with the main point being that greed can go both ways), when you decided to challenge me because I pointed out that EA could have charged us for toddlers if they really wanted to? You don't need to pressure me or anyone else to agree with you. I hadn't read any of your posts prior to the one where you addressed me, but I do have the right to defend myself or my views if I'm challenged. You can do the same right back at me, but you did start this dialogue with me.
    By now everyone here knows you won't be buying the SP and I will. Agree to disagree.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Well that’s entirely their own fault. No need to try and guilt trip people into begrudgingly purchasing a pack, because you think that’s going to result in a farming GP. It won’t, but it will tell Maxis that DLC for DLC is acceptable. Not sure what you are really going for.

I’m sorry, but there is a reason we have never gotten a full on farming pack. That reason is due to demand, and how such a pack would have incredibly limited appeal. They have the numbers already with Sims 3 store. Could we see something along the lines of what Sims 3 store offered? Yeah, anything bigger or deeper is going to throw a lot of people off the hype train.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member

Well that’s entirely their own fault. No need to try and guilt trip people into begrudgingly purchasing a pack, because you think that’s going to result in a farming GP. It won’t, but it will tell Maxis that DLC for DLC is acceptable. Not sure what you are really going for.

I’m sorry, but there is a reason we have never gotten a full on farming pack. That reason is due to demand, and how such a pack would have incredibly limited appeal. They have the numbers already with Sims 3 store. Could we see something along the lines of what Sims 3 store offered? Yeah, anything bigger or deeper is going to throw a lot of people off the hype train.

^^I don't see where they are trying to "guilt trip" anyone into anything. All they did was make a comment that they don't think a farming pack will be coming out now thanks to the outrage. Nowhere did they even encourage anyone to buy anything.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    If you watched a bunch of ads to get the points, then you spent time instead of money. Time is also a valued resource. (Just ask anyone who plays mobile games, and if they've ever seen mircotransactions that allow things to speed up or happen instantly, lol.)

Yes, time is an valued resource but if one has nothing but time why not get simoleons for free. What you see as wasted time, others see differently and you are earning something. :)
    And I didn’t spend time ‘watching’ those ads. They were running in another tab while I was on these forums.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Honestly had this come out like a year later with a few bits of content swapped around/out i don't think folks would've been nearly upset.

Cause lbr folks enjoyed pets and some would love further expansion of stuff/CAS items to dress up their sim's pets and whatnot. It can't all be free and there isn't anything wrong with paying for a smaller addition to expand upon it.

HOWEVER based on the contents/timing its pretty obvious a lot of C&D stuff got put into the stuff pack instead of new things and folks don't want to pay extra on what should be been in the original expansion in the first place. There is extra stuff and then there is a recolors of old items and item sets spread out in two different packs.

Had they waited at least a year + maybe given out a few items via freebie patch a and maybe put some of the regular pet clothes in a game pack instead, I think the response would've been much different.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited March 2018

Enjoy though the pack.

I find it a little unsettling that now we should expect the company to clearly state whether or not they will give us new things or just recolors... And by the way, to me "pet prints" just meant objects with pets motives, not necessary recolors.
  • Options
    JijilitJijilit Posts: 1 New Member
    I am so tired of them trying to squeeze money out of people. The my first pet experience is ridiculous! In Sims 3 the pet pack had all sorts of animals you could get and as someone who has a pet lizard and turtle, I liked that. Now they want to charge us extra for some more stuff and a hamster?
    With Sims 4 they are really trying to get all the money they can for every tiny thing. I mean laundry day pack? Oh boy.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    ^^A laundry day pack was requested.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill