Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something to think about (regarding My First Pet Stuff)

Comments

• Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    i actually like the idea of expanding slightly on a EP or GP with a smaller and cheaper pack. I wish they’d do it for more packs actually. I’d love a pack that adds another active career to GTW or a pack that adds new food/restaurant types to Dine Out. If you’re really into a certain theme this allows you to expand even more.

This gives me a lot of hope supernaturals too. I was afraid if/when they add witches or werewolves they wouldn’t interact with vampires any different then other sims, but if they can connect a EP with a SP that shows they can do the same with more supernatural packs.

This idea can also give someone a chance to try out a theme. Like if you want to dip your toes in and see what you think of pets you can start with small pets while deciding if you want to add cats and dogs.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    i actually like the idea of expanding slightly on a EP or GP with a smaller and cheaper pack. I wish they’d do it for more packs actually. I’d love a pack that adds another active career to GTW or a pack that adds new food/restaurant types to Dine Out. If you’re really into a certain theme this allows you to expand even more.

This gives me a lot of hope supernaturals too. I was afraid if/when they add witches or werewolves they wouldn’t interact with vampires any different then other sims, but if they can connect a EP with a SP that shows they can do the same with more supernatural packs.

This idea can also give someone a chance to try out a theme. Like if you want to dip your toes in and see what you think of pets you can start with small pets while deciding if you want to add cats and dogs.

or if you cant afford cats and dogs a small pet for ten would be real nice if you wanted one
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Unpopular opinion ahead...I LOVED the store, but then again I'm not SUPER outraged about this upcoming pack.

I spent a lot of time in the Gift Gathering & Giving section back in the TS3 days. That's what I loved about the store, you could gift almost anything to anyone as long as they had a TS3 ID. I was lucky enough to be gifted a lot of the store and I paid it forward by in turn gifting a lot of other people, holding contests, etc. I think the store was great for that. At the moment, there's no function like that for TS4 and I miss that.

On this pack, like I said, I'm not completely outraged; HOWEVER, I don't think the timing of it is good nor do I think the whole tying it to C&D plus putting in small pets (4 re-skinned rodents) is a good idea. If they had wanted to sell a Stuff Pack of just C&D stuff; that's fine with me, but to add small pets in there, too, from a fan point of view, isn't ok. SO essentially, people that wish to buy this pack will be paying $10 for the hamster portion of it, not being able to use the cats & dogs stuff because they didn't want to them in their games OR they'll be paying $50 for both. Had this pack come out as a game pack with more small pets, I don't think we'd be seeing the outrage we are now.

To my knowledge, and correct me if I'm wrong, I can't recall a store set that required a specific EP (i.e. C&D) AND offered something new (i.e. small pets) at the same time. Using the OPs example with the Pet Set, you needed to Pets to use it. Well, if you didn't have Pets, why would you buy a pet set at the store?
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2018
    I wasn't really around much during the Sims 3 so obviously I didn't complain online, but I certainly would've done had I been. I played the Sims 3 for a bit after it came out but I didn't really like it that much and I went back to the Sims 2 until the Sims 4 came out (and I have now gone back to 2 again). I do remember reading about the store at the time and thinking it was very overpriced and a cash grab, but because I wasn't playing it, it wasn't my problem and I had my degree to do (all of my time and energy was totally consumed by it). But like I said, if I had been playing I would've complained and not bought anything. I didn't really like the idea of the store when we had it for the Sims 2, but I don't remember there ever being that much on it. I certainly didn't buy anything though as I didn't agree with it. That said these items very much felt like extras on top of what we already got in packs, which was massive. I didn't feel they'd been deliberately excluded from packs, the same which I feel can't be said for Sims 4 SPs and especially this one.

I'm not opposed to the idea of a Stuff Pack as long as they're done the right way. I liked the Sims 2 Stuff Packs because they followed a decorative theme and just gave you more building/decorative options that fitted a theme you liked (eg Teen stuff with gothic/sporty/girly style furniture), that did not include new gameplay, or they centred around adding new, mostly decorative, options to existing gameplay (eg H&M stuff meant you could turn your existing clothes shop into a H&M style clothes shop). And they usually followed more than one decorative theme and gave you tons of objects/wallpaper/floors etc. The difference is they weren't trying to add new gameplay, like the Sims 4 Stuff Packs. The gameplay was provided by the EPs. With the Sims 4, they seem to be using SPs to make up gameplay shortfall, adding new gameplay that isn't already present in EPs. To me it just doesn't work, partly because they clearly can't flesh out the gameplay to an acceptable standard and provide lots of objects that fit one or two themes within the scope of a SP (to me there are not enough objects), and it seems that many of the gameplay options in SPs were cut from EPs, with the my first pet one being the most blatantly obvious one yet. Stuff Packs should've stayed being decorative, because that is really what they were intended to be and it fit in well with the EPs. And because they weren't based around new gameplay, you didn't feel like you were missing out if you didn't buy one. I really don't agree with them adding new gameplay through SPs.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member

Backward compatibility is good and something I want to see more of (like herbalism/jungle adventure).
    Content purposefully omitted to be sold later is the opposite of good.
    There is no new gameplay that would mesh well with c&d, just objects that should have been in it in the first place.

The only new gameplay is small rodents, which afaik is merely an animated object and so far removed from actual cats&dogs gameplay, how is that a preview in any way ?
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited March 2018
    That's why I don't understand people who say that the Store was such great concept. I don't know, maybe because it used SimPoints it wasn't that obvious for them how exensive these stuff were.

or if you cant afford cats and dogs a small pet for ten would be real nice if you wanted one

To be honest, it'd be upsetting to me if I had all these pet beds and cat condos, but couldn't use it because I don't have C&D. I'd rather save my money for longer, and buy the actual expansion (maybe on sale) so I can use all the content I paid for.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Stuff packs are small. The best you can get is one or two new objects that are new gameplay (the cage) objects and the rest are just "mimics" of existing stuff. Things like chairs or sofas or beds, etc. Normally, I have no problem with mimics as they bring more decor that's different in style and looks for using in my builds, but this pack has mimics for an EP that not everyone bought. So, if you don't like pets and didn't buy C&D because you didn't want them in your game but like the idea of a smaller, simpler pet to take care of, you're stuck with half a pack of stuff you don't want or can't use.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2018
    When I saw "my first pet" as the title to the stuff pack, my first thought was that they finally have all small caged animals. Nope, this only just has rodents. Personally, my first pet (and I also made it my children's first pet) was a fancy parakeet. Those are about the same size as the rodents in-game. Guessing the developers are going to nickel and dime us to have other pets as well. Very disapointed in the developers of this game.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Nope, this one obviously isn't for me. I bought C&D because of some of the stuff in it, but have never used the pets. I tried them, nah, not for me so a sp with rodents in a cage...I'll pass. Next... :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I feel like if they advertised this new stuff pack as a stand alone stuff pack with *bonus content* for pets then things wouldn't have gotten so heated. If Simguru Graham is being honest when he says the pet items are on top of the normal amount of items, then that means we're getting a lot more than normal, and of course you'd need Cats and Dogs to take advantage of those extra items.
  • Options
    happyopi wrote: »

Backward compatibility is good and something I want to see more of (like herbalism/jungle adventure).
    Content purposefully omitted to be sold later is the opposite of good.
    There is no new gameplay that would mesh well with c&d, just objects that should have been in it in the first place.

The only new gameplay is small rodents, which afaik is merely an animated object and so far removed from actual cats&dogs gameplay, how is that a preview in any way ?

I never felt like Cats and Dogs was lacking, I was actually really happy with it, and I wasn’t one that wanted pets but found them to be really fun. I still have a lot to explore from the EP actually.

Stuff packs don’t usually add much gameplay. Usually one gameplay feature and bunch of stuff so I do feel it’s right in line with any other stuff pack, and IMO better cause it adds more features and stuff to an EP i enjoy. Plus the coffee table fish tank is just cool. I’d pay ten dollars just for that object.

The small pets won’t be exactly the same as having cats and dogs but it does give an idea to the player of taking care of a pet.

My only one small issue is that fish should require some care. It’s always bugged me that we can’t feed them or clean their tanks out.
  • Options
    filipomel wrote: »
    I feel like if they advertised this new stuff pack as a stand alone stuff pack with *bonus content* for pets then things wouldn't have gotten so heated. If Simguru Graham is being honest when he says the pet items are on top of the normal amount of items, then that means we're getting a lot more than normal, and of course you'd need Cats and Dogs to take advantage of those extra items.

I think that’s right on. Wording is everything.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

I have to disagree because that "bonus content" would still be gated behind a $10 stuff pack, and people would still feel it should be patched in, due to the low amount of pet objects in the Expansion.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

I have to disagree because that "bonus content" would still be gated behind a $10 stuff pack, and people would still feel it should be patched in, due to the low amount of pet objects in the Expansion.

All I said is that things wouldn't have been so bad if they advertised the stuff pack differently. I mean for example "New Stuff Pack with Bonus Content for Cats and Dogs," vs "Do you have Cats and Dogs? Get ready for more!" Which sounds more appealing to you? Obviously the one that mentions bonus content, the bonus content being if you own both packs you're getting more in the end AKA better value for your money, because you're getting bonus content when owning both packs. Advertising is everything, if they advertised the new stuff pack as its own stuff pack without a dependency on Cats and Dogs people wouldn't have been so mad, except for maybe those people saying "The stuff in that Stuff Pack should've been in the EP," which I disagree with because you can say that about any almost any Stuff Pack to fit in almost any EP or GP. It's almost as if people forget that the developers have a certain amount of resources to work with, certain limits too. If the developers could, I am 100% certain that they would put anything the community could possibly want all in one pack, but that's not how the world works.
  • Options

Im actually very suprised so many feel Cats and Dogs was lacking in items. I actually found this pack to be really fleshed out. I’ve been let down by other packs feeling like they were limited, but this one is quite full.

It’s funny because pets was the one pack I was least excited about and it’s become my favorite one yet. I love all the things you can do and how your pet can be trained once it ages. I like how there is different pet toys and stuff of different sizes to fit your house. I like that the pets can runaway and come home again. And the food and fish stand in the bay was a great touch. My
    Sims love them some lobster rolls! So many things still to explore here. I can’t say it wasn’t worth the money or was lacking anything. So I think it’s super cool that we’re getting even more items for our cats and dogs, while getting a new pet type, plus a new sickness and death (that’s gonna be a blast for certain deviant players like myself)

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    OMG yes, the Seeing Stars set came out the same week as Showtime and it looked straight out of it. And the surf station came out not long after Island Paradise.
    Showtime itself was thought to be the missing half of Late Night... Wasn't a big fan of Showtime...

Aw I liked ST even though it had a lot of hate. The careers were fun and it had pool tables and karaoke!

I didn't like the fact that content I paid for was locked behind the Simport system; you had to send your Sim on Simport in order to unlock the content. At least, until a wonderful member of the modding community developed a mod to unlock everything, then I didn't mind the careers (except for the fact that you lost all the skills you learned if you quit the career).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    It's pretty much a basic principle of video game economics.....if something doesn't sell, then they won't keep doing it. Given how far in advance EPs and even SPs are developed, I'd assume they did enough market research prior to development on Cats & Dogs and this SP to know their expected sales would make it worth their time.

I'm actually okay with separating out small pets from Cats & Dogs -- that way if people can't run the EP due to not having high enough computer specs or not having the money for the EP (especially those countries that got hit with pretty heavy price adjustments), they'll still have access to small animals (in this case hamsters and other related cage animals) at a decent price point. My objection is that those people end up paying for content that they can't use (the C&D specific items). I guess players could maybe take the food bowl and such and maybe use MOO to add items for decor, but not sure if that would work. Just doesn't feel right to me to include items that you need another pack to actually make operational; might have felt better to maybe parcel the items out in a series of patches, or maybe some sort of "mini-pack".
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    I think some of the outrage is caused by current situation in gaming industry (konami, battlefront). Players become much more cautious about paying for game content and afraid of simply beeing befool
  • Options

Im actually very suprised so many feel Cats and Dogs was lacking in items. I actually found this pack to be really fleshed out. I’ve been let down by other packs feeling like they were limited, but this one is quite full.

It’s funny because pets was the one pack I was least excited about and it’s become my favorite one yet. I love all the things you can do and how your pet can be trained once it ages. I like how there is different pet toys and stuff of different sizes to fit your house. I like that the pets can runaway and come home again. And the food and fish stand in the bay was a great touch. My
    Sims love them some lobster rolls! So many things still to explore here. I can’t say it wasn’t worth the money or was lacking anything. So I think it’s super cool that we’re getting even more items for our cats and dogs, while getting a new pet type, plus a new sickness and death (that’s gonna be a blast for certain deviant players like myself)

I too also believe Cats and Dogs to be one of the fuller Expansions. I mean all of the new features in that pack go into so much depth with one another, the cats and dogs themselves add certain benefits/challenges to your household and depending on their traits the benefits/challenges will be different, for example loyal dogs give more aspiration points than dogs without the trait when you select the interaction 'Feel the Love," the vet ties in so well with the pets themselves in the sense that your pets actually get ill and need to be taken care of (that's in addition to being able to run your own vet), and the new world ties in so well with the pets and the interactivity the pets have in the new world, cats and dogs can explore bushes, dig through fish piles, dig up holes, chase birds, cats can climb around everywhere. Almost every single feature has an incredible amount of depth to it and that's exactly what I want from an Expansion. I don't care how much content there is in a pack, content is nothing if there is a lack of depth, and Cats and Dogs has a lot of depth. Yet people still complain that Cats and Dogs is 'lacking' just because there are only two pet beds (when in reality any surface that a cat or dog can lay upon is their bed) or that there aren't enough pet objects, when there's actually a whole bunch, all the cat condos, the various amount of food bowls, the various amounts of litter boxes some of which have different functionality, the obstacle course equipment, "but there's only two toys, the ball and the cat wand," but functionally the ball is almost the same as pet toys from previous games, dogs can chew on the ball, cats can pounce on the ball, dogs can pick up the ball, bring it to your sim and beg to play fetch, what more does a pet need from a toy? Anyways done with my rant, if anything the new My First Pet Stuff Pack gets me excited for the future because it essentially confirms that Cats and Dogs can be further expanded in future packs, a first for the series, that means with future packs they can possibly add new toys, gameplay or interactions involving pets, all this beyond the base foundation of pets (the foundation in my opinion being quite solid as I've already explained), this means by the end of the series Cats and Dogs will be the most expanded pets pack out of the entire series, which gets me super pumped.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

All I said is that things wouldn't have been so bad if they advertised the stuff pack differently. I mean for example "New Stuff Pack with Bonus Content for Cats and Dogs," vs "Do you have Cats and Dogs? Get ready for more!" Which sounds more appealing to you? Obviously the one that mentions bonus content, the bonus content being if you own both packs you're getting more in the end AKA better value for your money, because you're getting bonus content when owning both packs. Advertising is everything, if they advertised the new stuff pack as its own stuff pack without a dependency on Cats and Dogs people wouldn't have been so mad, except for maybe those people saying "The stuff in that Stuff Pack should've been in the EP," which I disagree with because you can say that about any almost any Stuff Pack to fit in almost any EP or GP. It's almost as if people forget that the developers have a certain amount of resources to work with, certain limits too. If the developers could, I am 100% certain that they would put anything the community could possibly want all in one pack, but that's not how the world works.

I do get what you're saying about the advertising, but personally, I would still just see that as a marketing manipulation because it would mean that a player would still have to dish out extra money to get some of the things that were scant in the expansion, "bonus" or not.

I also totally get the problem with budget and resources, and I don't think anyone is trying to blame the developers, we are blaming EA, because they are the ones who control the budget and call the shots. And why wouldn't they prioritize a budget and give more leeway to the Sims franchise, which has been an ongoing top PC game? Well, I can only guess corporate greed and lack of any concern for their player base. That's essentially the issue that people are seeing here. The developers are tied to whatever restrictions the parent company has chained them to, and it's noticeable. Even the devs themselves sound apologetic and sometimes frustrated when they talk about the limitations. But they aren't really in a position to be able to change it. So the "fight" isn't about slave-driving the developers, it's about making the big, rich, capitalistic EA company accountable for trying to sponge excessive amounts of money out of their customers in exchange for minimal product. I know it sounds almost conspiratorial and excessive, and honestly, I haven't been on any crusade for this up until this specific pack. I have always supported the Stuff packs and the Game packs and I have no problem showing excitement over a new release when something comes out that I really look forward to. But I also don't hold back to say so if I think something is wrong.

As for Cats and Dogs, I bought it on release. I love it myself. I think the Cats are the best they've ever been, and as a cat person, I'm extremely happy to have them. I adore Brindleton Bay and it's one of my top favorite maps because it reminds me of my home area in New England. I was out there in the Expansion Pack forum, sharing excitement when this pack was coming out. I love the furniture, the CAS, and the create-a-pet, and I have a blast playing around with it. Even the Veterinary business is more fun than I expected. But I still think that the pet objects fell short. I was surprised, actually, considering how great everything else was, and it seemed a little weird to me that they wouldn't give us more variety with those things, because we were told they cut out all other animals for the sole purpose of focusing more on cats and dogs. If the expansion pack was cut down to only two animals, it would only make sense to include more of the objects for those animals. It just didn't make a lot of sense to leave that section incomplete. But, of course, we come to this new Stuff Pack only four months later, and it's very obvious to me now why that was.

To be completely honest, I want to be excited for this new Stuff Pack. I really, really do. I would love to have the rodents and the new disease and danger plaguing my Sims. That's right up my alley, believe me. But when I watched that trailer, all I could see was EA waving my own money in my face, saying, "Ha ha, we got ours! You want the rest of these objects? You'll have to give us more!" And with only one pet type in a stuff pack, that bodes of a bazillion more coming with each of the other animal types, until we've all dished out more than two Expansion Packs worth of money to have them all. I just expected the small pets to come all together in a game pack or something.

I really don't think I'm being unreasonable with my viewpoint. I'm not trying to demand that every new pet should be free, or that they belonged in Cats and Dogs, because I totally get why they weren't included. That part makes sense to me. But I do strongly believe that we should have received more than the bare minimum of objects for our cats and dogs to make it complete, and the sudden offer of some of those things only a few short months later just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth over it all. I mean, if we had gotten more pet bed designs and cushions and dog houses and bowls and bones and all of that, I could even accept the addition of pet outfits being an ongoing Stuff Pack offer for those who want them, because it would be similar to getting new Sim outfits. But it all just reeks of something that was planned out way ahead to take advantage of one of their most popular (and in-demand) expansions, and they just took it too far.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    tastongtastong Posts: 14 New Member
    Trust me, I loathed the store as much as anyone else and never spent any money on it. But it IS different because the EPs from ts3 didn't feel completely empty and lacking. I didn't care about a crystal ball when I had so much to explore in the Expansion itself. THAT is the big difference.

In ts3, the store content wasn't needed for a full and fleshed out game. I also never bought stuff packs bc I never felt like I needed them.

In ts4, we take everything bc we are desperate for new gameplay. The game packs are usually ok, but expansions have all been awful. I love the sims 4 as a sequal, but it's so empty. I feel like there are not enough surprises, not enough options and avenues because the previous iterations of the game became more and more rich and content heavy each time.

It's just not the case anymore. And I'm tired of being called a hater for being disappointed in the progress of my favorite game. I want too love it and I thought with toddlers and vampires that maybe things were getting better, but I was wrong.

EA remains the worst at customer service and the best at being completely money hungry.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes, the store was expensive but they offset it with various sales and also there was the daily sale and I still think it is active where you watch some ads you earned simoleons and that is how I got most of my sets. However, The store was more in line with what other companies are doing now offering loot boxes which if offered as mystery loot boxes is an dangerous move on part of the develop because you may spend tens to hundreds of dollars and still may not get what you seek but you have multiple items that are the same. Also, after a time some sets was given away. Also thank the evolution of the internet, for some years ago this would have not been possible. I do not like it but it is EA/Maxis business, but as an customer it is my business on what I spend my money on.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2018
    I adored TS3. Although, feature-wise, TS2 was the better game, TS3 was all that I hoped for in a Sim game. It felt like a living, breathing world. It remains my ultimate Sims game, to this day. Having said that, I have to agree with the OP -- TS3 is where it all began.

However, if the whole thing got kick started in TS3, the engine is running full throttle in TS4. In fact, the sound of that engine is so loud as to be impossible to ignore any longer.

For me, the difference with the TS3 store was that the premium objects were complementary. They weren't required in order to get the full experience. If you wanted a special pet bowl, yes, you had to buy a pack from the store. However, that food bowl wasn't essential when the actual EP already came with cats, dogs, rodents, lizards, birds, horses and all the accoutrements, including pet bowls. The pet bowl from the store was complementary not necessary. The pet bed from the store was complementary, not necessary.

On the other hand, with TS4, the SPs and GPs are necessary. That is, they are necessary if you want to have the same experience that you were traditionally able to have in the previous Sims games. In TS4, if you want the full pets experience, you need to buy the $40 EP, plus a $10 SP. That's $50 and still, you still haven't gotten birds, or lizards, or (hopefully) horses. How much extra are those going to cost? How much are we going to end up spending for the equivalent of the pets that we were able to enjoy in the previous EPs?

That is why the anger is at a fever pitch right now. Rightlfully so.

The OP is right, this all started with TS3. I wish that I had added my voice to the dissatisfaction back then. However, I didn't realize that it existed. I didn't know because I was too busy enjoying what I had. I didn't feel like there was anything missing, because, for me, there wasn't. In Pets, I had gotten everything that the previous Pets EPs had. In addition, I also got horses. That EP was a bonanza.

Now, there's a whole 'nother level of blatancy to EA's greed.

I really, really want that hamster because, to me, it's one of the multiple missing pieces to the puzzle. However, this is where I have to finally draw a line. I'm not paying another $10 just to get something that should have been included for my original $40. To me, the Vet career wasn't a worthy trade off for everything else that is missing.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    OMG yes, the Seeing Stars set came out the same week as Showtime and it looked straight out of it. And the surf station came out not long after Island Paradise.
    Showtime itself was thought to be the missing half of Late Night... Wasn't a big fan of Showtime...

Aw I liked ST even though it had a lot of hate. The careers were fun and it had pool tables and karaoke!

I didn't like the fact that content I paid for was locked behind the Simport system; you had to send your Sim on Simport in order to unlock the content. At least, until a wonderful member of the modding community developed a mod to unlock everything, then I didn't mind the careers (except for the fact that you lost all the skills you learned if you quit the career).

OH, ST was a mess. Not only was a ton of content locked behind Simports, but also, not only did they not have the server space FOR Simports, but worse, it also often left other people's CC in the game. Why they thought it was a good idea to have a Sim actually GO to someone else's world is beyond me.

Showtime didn't strike me as the other half of Nightlife, though it was disappointing that with it bands couldn't have a singer.

However, go back on these forums a couple of months and you'll see the most common complaint was how little content there was for pets in C&D and how many people who paid full price felt ripped off. It didn't help that the EP went on sale 50% off two weeks after release either.

So I think it's a combination of things that has people mad about this:

It was a $40 EP that frankly fell quite short item wise compared to previous Pet Packs.
    It went on sale very quickly after release, which made people who spent full price feel even more ripped off.
    Now a few months later a pack is being released for $10 that includes quite a few of the items that people thought were lacking (not even talking about the small pet here). People who were already feeling a bit ripped off over the first thing of course are going to be feeling even more ripped off now.

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This actually reminds me of when LeBron, Kyrie and Durant all signed with different teams and people from their old teams towns took the jerseys they’d paid for and burned them in the middle of the streets because they were so hurt the guys abandoned their teams.

Is that where we are? Are people buying Sims discs just to burn them outside? Lol no. Therefore it is my belief that as soon as a new pack is released this will all be washed away. With new information about everything in the world coming out daily, our attention span as a people has drastically decreased.