Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who actually USES pet clothing?

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I don't. Heck, I don't even use the pets. I wanted the world more than anything with that EP.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't, really. I only have 2 with clothing items on. One was made after my RL cat who likes to watch me play Dragon Age. I always called him my dragon hunting sidekick and joked I wanted to buy him one of those cat harnesses that look like a suit of armor. So I put his sim version in the samurai armor. The other one was a cat I made up. I bought C & D on release day and spent a lot of time in CAP first before even venturing into live mode and BB. I made a green and white tuxedo cat with a green top hat and bow tie and called him St. Catrick. I wasn't aware of Mayor Whiskers until after I made him so I felt like a copycat, (har har) after thinking I did something original. He's basically the same thing but looks like a leprechaun cat instead of mayor cat. :D But those are my only two pets with clothing items. Beyond that, I'm not interested in pet clothes.
  • Options
    TiaDogTiaDog Posts: 79 Member
    I do sometimes. Counts what the story is, if i think the pet needs it, and other examples.
    Sims Games I like to play - Sims 2 / Sims Medieval / Sims 2 Pets ( Wii ) / MySims / MySims Kingdom ( Wii )
    i-like-to-be-alone-but-i-hate-being-lonely-quote-1.jpg
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I don't. I only use collars.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I do! And I doubt that if the usage stats showed that people weren't using them they'd have added more. We all play differently. I for one am glad they're catering to people who don't play realistically all the time as well as to those who do.

This SP has been in development for at least the last year. There is no way this is the product of usage data, C&D hasn’t even been on the market 4 months. The time frame suggests this is not at all based on usage statistics, but was a premeditated strategy all along.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I do! And I doubt that if the usage stats showed that people weren't using them they'd have added more. We all play differently. I for one am glad they're catering to people who don't play realistically all the time as well as to those who do.

This SP has been in development for at least the last year. There is no way this is the product of usage data, C&D hasn’t even been on the market 4 months. The time frame suggests this is not at all based on usage statistics, but was a premeditated strategy all along.

Also, that doesn't mean much. With City Living for example, they used for the festivals a lot of basegame items and interactions that not many players use (we know that because they shared it with us) to give them a boost.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Also, that doesn't mean much. With City Living for example, they used for the festivals a lot of basegame items and interactions that not many players use (we know that because they shared it with us) to give them a boost.

So. Stinking. True. CL is the worst. That is the one EP I will always regret buying, and I only spent $18.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I have maybe 1 tiny dog in a sweater. I mostly use collars and the occasional bandana.
    I don't get the point of more pet clothing tbh. I don't know which stats the dev team relies on, but I'd like to meet these people who think taco costumes are more of a necessity than diversity in pet beds.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I haven't used any pet clothing so far, it's something that looks a bit too out of the ordinary for me. I may use some like the scarves, but I'm not interested in the ones that cover the head or the whole body.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I might start using it once I get the pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

So. Stinking. True. CL is the worst. That is the one EP I will always regret buying, and I only spent $18.
    Agree. I bought it for half price and I'm still not happy about it.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited March 2018
    There's a difference between putting pets in rain coats or warm sweaters during rainy and cold weather (which doesn't exist on TS4) and people who just like to dress up their pets because it's "cute". Personally I think it's cruel, because many pets don't like to have stuff on their heads or bodies, so not only am I against that, I would never use it, even if it's a video game. But people are free to do whatever the heck they want, I don't really care.

It just annoys me that EA felt the need to release even more costumes for pets when we already got enough of that crap in Cats & Dogs. Not only it's disrespectful that they are obviously cutting content from EPs to put it in separate packs to charge more for it (I mean, really? You expect me to believe that putting that hamster on Cats&Dogs was not possible?), but they had no reason whatsoever to make this pack "a DLC for another DLC". They could make it all about little pets and add more than just hamsters with different recolors.
  • Options
    TheSkyNomadTheSkyNomad Posts: 28 Member
    No. For starters, I never liked anthropomorphization, but there is also the fact that I do not care about clothes anyway. IRL, I spend most of my time shirtless or wearing boxer briefs and my sims usually wear whatever clothes the game automatically gives them when they age up (mainly because I suck at matching clothes). The only reason my worlds are not nudist colonies is because that pixelated censor would drive me crazy if I saw it all the time. :D
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    No. For starters, I never liked anthropomorphization, but there is also the fact that I do not care about clothes anyway. IRL, I spend most of my time shirtless or wearing boxer briefs and my sims usually wear whatever clothes the game automatically gives them when they age up (mainly because I suck at matching clothes). The only reason my worlds are not nudist colonies is because that pixelated censor would drive me crazy if I saw it all the time. :D

There is such a thing as TMI.
  • Options
    TheSkyNomadTheSkyNomad Posts: 28 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

I actually find his comment really funny :lol:
    Maybe it's because that's my outfit most of the time as well.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    It would kinda make sense if we had cold temperatures and weather in the game, but since we don't it feels weird to me to 'dress up' pets. Even if we do get seasons, I doubt it would make sense in that way anyway. Maybe I'll try it sometime, I dunno.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Nope. No interest whatsoever.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Giving it a go... My sim with grilled cheese aspiration now has fitting cats.
    evghEpj.png
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I never put clothes on my pets either.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2018
    I actually don't use pets at all in my game (crazy I know). lol I have never really been a huge fan of them, not even in my beloved Sims 2. I didn't mind having them in my game, I like seeing them out and about in the world (especially on the docks yacking up green slime lol), I just don't enjoy caring for them personally. I have seen so many adorable screenshots by other simmers, though, involving their pets, that I will probably give it a try someday when I don't have 8 people crammed into 19 Culpepper. lol I do use the easier to take care of and less space consuming caged critters like the hamsters coming with this pack and fish (that we already have).

I think a lot of simmers have missed this tweet by Graham, though, about having just as much clothing in CAS for sims as any previous stuff pack... so the pack is not just about the pet clothing (a huge plus for those of us who don't dress up our pets).
    there's just as much clothing in My First Pet Stuff as other Stuff Packs have come with
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I'm excited for more clothing options for our little weirdo pets. I don't use too many but I'm not the biggest fan of several of the options we have now. I have RL three cats and the only thing they ever wear is their collars because stupid outfits would drive them crazy and they are real living animals with opinions on how constricted their body is. My Sim pets have no such opinions and cannot suffer from me putting them in a taco costume if I felt like it (which... I don't but the point stands).
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Who uses that wall speaker from Backyard Stuff? Who uses that stove and refrigerator combo from Cool Kitchen Stuff? Who uses that rich guy dress robe from Vintage Glamour Stuff?

People use what they like. They're stuff packs, I buy them for 'stuff' - CAS and build items. The "gameplay" item isn't ever really a factor. I think I've used the ball pit once. I've never had my sims play a game of Voidcritters. I've never even placed a water slide. However, the pet clothes are goofy and fun, and they aren't real pets; they're polygons. I will probably use the new outfits too.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited March 2018
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Who uses that wall speaker from Backyard Stuff? Who uses that stove and refrigerator combo from Cool Kitchen Stuff? .

ME! (I really do)
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Who uses that wall speaker from Backyard Stuff? Who uses that stove and refrigerator combo from Cool Kitchen Stuff? Who uses that rich guy dress robe from Vintage Glamour Stuff?

People use what they like. They're stuff packs, I buy them for 'stuff' - CAS and build items. The "gameplay" item isn't ever really a factor. I think I've used the ball pit once. I've never had my sims play a game of Voidcritters. I've never even placed a water slide. However, the pet clothes are goofy and fun, and they aren't real pets; they're polygons. I will probably use the new outfits too.

This would make sense as a comparison if EA gave us a dozen different reskinned ball pits to begin with, and a dozen more in a new pack.
    The fact that pet clothing exists is not the issue, that we're getting such a tremendous amount more of it is. Especially when we're still lacking in basic pet care items.
    1 pet bed/size, 2 food bowls, unlimited pet clothing, yup the maths are solid.

Oh no wait, we're getting another pet bed & bowl in the pack. Much more balanced now.