Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recycling old content and a lack of creativity in development

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited April 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    People can't make up thir minds - as during Sims 3 people complained of content from Sims 2 being recycled in the Sims 3, Then here SOME people of Sims 4 is complaining of stuff being recycled with in the game on one hand while I see other asking for gps of small pets and more recolors of the sets as well some wanting gps and sps on more careers for GTW and other eps. So they want packs for some eps but oddly this sp for an ep with some recolors is wrong. How the heck can devs know what you mean when other people say the opposite as more color swatch of items already in the game are re-colors - are they not? More careers for GTW is a sp or gp for an ep is it not? Sims 3 players not wanting copies of styles from Sims 2 - is it not recycled content from other games which some of you here say you want - but some of you didn't want in Sims 3.

I'm lost and I am just another player but obviously no matter what the devs do some one is going to complain. Oh and those wanting packs and recolors - when I brought up this outrage here says it's different because those packs have been out a while - when in truth it is the same darn thing. Pardon me - but - people really need to get together and make one choice - additions to eps and recolors/new swatches - either no one should want them or every one should - the time the pack has been out should make no difference - seeing if you want devs to deliver every one really need to be on the same page.

This is not about dlc for dlc. Several people here including myself and most importantly the OP has explained the issue.

Exactly, also ...
    More careers for GTW is a sp or gp for an ep is it not?
    No, this isn't the same at all. Because none of the careers added post GTW have ever required GTW to be playable. If they did, then and only then, would it fall into the same category of issues. MFPS is DLC for DLC because without the DLC, 60% of it is pretty darn useless. It's not technically part of the OP, but I think we should clearly distinguish between 'recycled' content and 'expansion pack stuff pack' content ;)

The careers being asked for are not the ones we have gotten as additions in other packs, the player asking actually said they wanted an sp or gp added to GTW that would add more hands on careers to the game - so do not tell me they were not asking for a pack to add more careers to that pack. I even posted on that thread that people were already up in arms over an sp that added content for another EP and now they are asking for the same thing for an sp/gp to add to GTW where that simmer could go to work with her sims. So of course it is going to require GTW to use it.

Don't tell me that is not the same thing. Especially when that simmer said 'well GTW came out a long time ago early in the game and needs a lot of reworking and additions to hands on careers - that people would not have been angry if this pets sp had came out long after C & D came out - that you all are angry because it was too soon.'

Then what about the ones that claimed it would have been okay had there been more type of small animals and birds besides rodents or had been a gp instead of an sp. So it's okay if one liked the small pets - but if they didn't it isn't okay. It's okay if it was a 20 dollar pack but not okay for a 10 dollar pack? Devs need to be mind readers I guess.

Why are you twisting around what was posted to fit your anger over this one little pack anyway - when obviously some people apparently do want dlc for dlc if it suits what they want - but twisting what is said to be something else - what is that all about?

But what ever - I really don't care either way seeing every pack is an optional. No matter what anyone says - here it is twisted and if one does not go with the mindset apparently it's okay to stomp all over them for daring not to see things as you see things. Good thing for Maxis not all simmers agree, as I heard the pack is doing as expected more or less for an sp regardless. People are still buying it - so obviously some people are not all that upset. There are a good number just waiting for a sale - keep that in mind and the number of units/downloads is whats counted - not what they paid for it. Keep in mind if EA did not still make money on sale items - things would never go on sale at EA.

I'm done here - just stop tagging me into this thread, and lets just agree to disagree.

ETA -Dragon Cat I have read EVERY word in this post and on every thread I post on. Maybe if you read every post in other threads like I do - you would see not every one is upset like you are and do ask for dlc for past packs instead of trying to twist their words to fit your anger. It is not all cut and dried. Those are new objects when anything is changed about an old object that alters a mesh in any way or form, it does become a new object. Cages are different objects because each type is designated for a different small pet - even though they look much alike. Rodents are different meshes of each type of creature - the game programming sees each little pet as a different pet - not as a reskin - regardless of how YOU see it or like to call it.

But just because you think people should all agree on the outrage it is not right to tell them they didn't read the post or other wise they'd agree - when I have read every one of these posts and find the outrage totally overblown - never mind people adding in every thing else that makes them angered that have nothing to do with this rant at all.

Recyclement is not a word. Oh and nobody can FORCE any company to give you something for free - keep that in mind. They can offer it how ever they want - like it or not - and you can simply not buy it if you object to anything about it. No one else has to ever agree with you either - that does not make their opinion any less or more important or right than your own. In life if everyone always agreed the world would be a Utopia after all. That won't ever happen.

I don't think people should all agree but I do know these discussions mostly came up because of MFPS. But I agree with that simmer that GTW needs, well, work. However, I don't want to pay for that either. If they fix GTW's missing aspects, I'd very much like them to patch that in for free, because I've already paid for that too. Either way, I understand if you like MFPS, but I am getting a bit tired of this company's way of doing things.

But again since none of this has directly to do with the topic at hand, let's just agree to disagree. I must have misread your post. Apologies.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    People can't make up thir minds - as during Sims 3 people complained of content from Sims 2 being recycled in the Sims 3, Then here SOME people of Sims 4 is complaining of stuff being recycled with in the game on one hand while I see other asking for gps of small pets and more recolors of the sets as well some wanting gps and sps on more careers for GTW and other eps. So they want packs for some eps but oddly this sp for an ep with some recolors is wrong. How the heck can devs know what you mean when other people say the opposite as more color swatch of items already in the game are re-colors - are they not? More careers for GTW is a sp or gp for an ep is it not? Sims 3 players not wanting copies of styles from Sims 2 - is it not recycled content from other games which some of you here say you want - but some of you didn't want in Sims 3.

I'm lost and I am just another player but obviously no matter what the devs do some one is going to complain. Oh and those wanting packs and recolors - when I brought up this outrage here says it's different because those packs have been out a while - when in truth it is the same darn thing. Pardon me - but - people really need to get together and make one choice - additions to eps and recolors/new swatches - either no one should want them or every one should - the time the pack has been out should make no difference - seeing if you want devs to deliver every one really need to be on the same page.
    People can make up their minds, but like you say some want this and some want that. This topic is for people who don’t like recycled content. To speak for myself: I don’t want animations to be recycled (I understand how that was annoying for Sims 2 players and it annoyed me in Medieval) and I don’t need seven ‘different’ barbecues that are exactly the same. I like many different sofas in my game, but I don’t want them to clearly look very similar. I don’t want the very same t-shirt sold to me with a different pattern, especially when we could do that ingame in the predecessor. Creating a new Pets pack or Seasons pack is not recycling, if it comes with new interactions and animations, that’s just totally not what this topic is about. When people say they want more recolours, I presume they mean for the content they are offered in a pack. Or that they want more variety. Or matching colours. This clearly is a problem that was reintroduced in Sims 4, nobody playing Sims 3 has this issue (because the variety is endless with CASt). So not only did they take a feature out many people desperately miss, they also found a way to turn it into cash by selling recolours.

And pardon me but people in this topic are getting together and making a choice: no recycled stuff in a pack and asking money for it please. There’s nothing to be lost about, it’s crystal clear. You just happen to not agree with those united simmers sharing that opinion. That’s all there is to it.

This thread had nothing to do with the Pet sp - it was turned into a rant about the pet sp. It was all about recycling animations and textures - which oddly Sims has been doing since Will Wright made it - but anyway as textures and re-used animation works fine - in 99 percent of the games made today seeing animation programming is the most expensive programming of every game out there and all companies choose to reuse animations where ever it works including things like food stands and other things that work in more towns then just the town they first came with. Maxis is not doing anything unusual. I play a lot of games and you sort of expect it.... but the fact is this thread went from recycling textures and animations to dlc for dlc..... so really who actually derailed the discussion to start with - as it did not begin as a dlc for dlc thread anyway.

I also point out I have an opposition to both when just Maxis/EA is pointed at when it happens in all games. Believe me if we had to pay the price to never reuse content of any kind or worse for ever movement and action to be new and different animation only Bill Gates could afford to buy those games.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Sims 4 does not recycle anything that brings game to Sims 4, there are an number of features that are missing from Sims 4 sorely needed for me. Anything that made Sims 2 or 3 fun is gone and guess emotions, loading screens is the game. :D

I think you're misunderstanding what the OP was saying. It's about the content within the game being recycled. Not content from previous iterations being recycled and used.

Oops my bad, however EA/Maxis can recycle from other packs within Sims 4 for the peps for the Sims series is gone for me. How Sims 4 is moving along right now is how it is going to end.

Sadly they do. If you take a look at the vet career it can be a mess (at least it was for me). It's just a recycled version of the faulty system in the Dine out pack

I mostly see that the vet is buggy. Still haven't play it. I play retail and didn't see it as faulty, same with restaurants(tho it was ages ago since I run one). I think I am going to try it the next time I play.

Anyways is there any game breaking about the vet?

What do mean by game breaking? I'm sorry if I'm being silly for asking lol I know my personal sim had issues going to the vet to take her pet. It wasn't nearly as painful as running your own clinic, but sometimes the wait time would be long and the NPC employees at the clinic would stand around a lot. Similar to owning your own clinic but a bit better.

As far as retail I havent bothered to run my own business in a while so I'm not sure if anything has changed with employees standing around. That's all my employees did even when I would get on them about standing around on their phone or in the break room watching TV. And the last time I owned a restaurant my waiters (and some of the customers) would go jogging while at work and not take orders meanwhile other customers wouldnt sit down at their tables and eat they would stand around with their plates and converse with other customers. It was a hot mess. And I sort of felt like throwing my computer out of the window.

Going to try to take a look if I will get issues later. Yeah the wait times at the vet is sure do a problem. When I play retail I don't put any stereo or TV unless my employee are fully trained. Not sure about the restaurants tho.

My problem owning a retail store/business is I can't take their phone away. That's the biggest issue I have. My employees would constantly be in their phone. And the restaurant I cannot have a fish tank, no radios, I cannot have extra seating at the bar (a sim will abandon their table to sit there and eat), and I cannot have any instruments (like a piano) because my workers will try to play it. Then there's the issue with them randomly jogging. Who knows I could have had a bad save? I had that save since maybe August of 2017 and what's odd is the November patch fixed majority of my problems but then the patch after that messed my game up all over again

I tried running the business again. However I didn't have a chance to go too far. When it comes to the restaurant, I had no problem with my employees. I used the pre-made breakfast restaurant at the library. It has speakers, for Jazz, yet I none of my employee is dancing with it. When my Waiter(Eliza Pancakes) has nothing to do she always stand near the chef station, while waiting for the meal, after that she will deliver it to the customers. If there is one problem that I see is that most of my customers are on dates and they will use actions that require them to stand(such as the passionate kiss) then after that they will seat again.

And when it comes to the Vet, All I can say is that the employee need some tuning. They don't work unless they want. I had two customers at the vet, my sim just cured the first one, mean while my employee, after bringing the cat on the exam table, it immediately went down then do it again and again. I had to force my sim to cure that cat. However as the next customer came, it didn't happen again, my employee while taking too ling(perhaps because of skill?) had cured my customers pet. Which is kind of random. Idk, I'm going to test it again the next time I open it up.

I will have to run the restaurant again it's been a while since I've done it. That reason being my employees and the customers. They could have recently fixed it. I didn't bother to play with it again because of the annoyance it brought. . My biggest issue was the vet career. The tables going up and down, employees standing around or just greeting the pets and not working. But my days varied from really bad to where I had to close early or decent I can make it through the day. But you're right. They really need to tune them up. I did have an employee who had a high singing skill and all she did was singing all shift. I ended up having to fire her. Even getting on her didn't help and at that time she was the only one who had everything maxed out (minus my active sim).

Agreed. By the way I play the Vet is the buggiest. When it comes to the business System I always find them not to polish this area. Retail was buggy when it launched, but now they aren't. Restaurants are the same, however unlike retail restaurants broke from time to time(poor quality food, jogging) which is I think right now are fixed. The Vet however since its the newest its the same as the two businesses. It launched as buggy and need to be fixed.

Businesses in this game are very fun especially as you unlock the perks one by one and see your store progress, but most people only plays it when its new to see if they will enjoy it. The problem is when the game launch that is where many will play that feature and if it is buggy, that will be their impression everytime they play the feature. A buggy mess. IF they ever do another business then please devs, make sure it wasn't buggy enough.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

<3
    If we compare our Sims game to real life. In real life we have many different grills, all of Our Sims 4 grills look different and match different decor. The couches in Sims 4 do not look alike at all they match different decor and are inclusive of the pack they come with. That way the Sims 4 furniture can match different styles from all over the world. Also the same is true for our dining tables, dining chairs, and any other furniture in the Sims 4. Its all kinds of furniture just like when you shop real life.

About recycling animations, Define Animation...animation
    a dynamic visual medium produced from static drawings, models, or objects posed in a series of incremental movements that are then rapidly sequenced to give the illusion of lifelike motion. the process of preparing such animation, as for films, cartoons, video games, etc.

So the reason for animation in the Sims games is to mimic real life. What if you as a person could not repeat any animations you did just the day before but must come up with new ones. so instead of you sleeping, you must find a new way to sleep. perhaps hanging upside down the next night since you are not allowed to repeat any animations.
    And what about the eating animation, should they change and now use their feet to eat or now add the food to their nose no. :#
    Remember this is a game of real life.
    When you go to a ball game do they always have the same type food stands, sure they do its life. Maybe a surprise to some but if you go to a different country they have couches, chairs, stoves and food stands that do not even come from other countries. Why because that's inclusive of humans and everyday living. Also, they use the same animations over and over as all humans do.

Remember in our older sims games if it was a crowded room you could not get through, but now we can squeeze through and go sit on the couch. That's part of our New animations.

Our toddlers in Sims 4 are so cute and with so many true to life hugs and animations it truly touches your heart.

In Sims 4 we are not stuck to one pattern or one color or texture. example: I have a home in Sims 4 its full of furniture.
    We can click to build mode and without changing, let's start with the floor texture we can recycle through all different floor textures we may want to see on that floor from brick to carpet to grass. almost endless possibilities. as many textures we have, we can change without removing it. and also colors. We can click on the roof of the home and try all of the roof textures, without removing the roof that's there. Is that not the same, sure it is not. It's better.
    We can repeat this with our furniture trying out all the textures of that object. changing textures Sims 3 way and Sims medieval way is Old School. not a put down its part of our Sims games, just older.

What about our Sims in CAS we can change their skin tone, we can remove their lips and put on many many new lips, same as eyes if we do not like their eyes we can exchange them for new ones. we can change their jawbones, nose or chin, the shape of the face or just put on a totally different face or Sim. Can Sims 3 do that? NO way. it's older

Sims 4 Can use genetics to create the couples own child, and the choices are endless, Can Sims 3 Do that NO way.why older technology
    Sims 4 has endless clothing and textures that I am sure if we add them up have more possible looks and textures then in Sims 3. a much older game.

Sims 4 has many very Creative new add-ons in the game That is only exclusive to Sims 4.

Let's take a closer look, the Best Selling EP in Sims History. Cats & Dogs is Part of Sims 4 It's truly a 5 star EP.

Animations with the Pets are first for any Sims Game and the best I have seen in any online game. The movements and animations are true to real life. and so are the Graphics.

The Vet Career is so cute and complete. starting with the exam table. its so nice how it goes down to allow the Pet to walk on and lay down, treating the Pet like Royalty, after all its part of the family and loved. The animations are so cute sometimes the owners even are crying with worry over their Pet while watching the examination.

All the Pets are true to real life and also they can make mix breeds. you can change everything about your pet even its nose, eyes or tail, could you do that in other Sims games? Nope. the older game lacks.
    They have so many different personalities and some are lazy some spoiled some Well just buy the Pack.
    You will fall in love with it.

More about Sims 4 Vet Career. Who expects to open a business and it's a successful business 5 STARS the first day.

Understand it's being truer to real life so you have to work at your business to make it a success. also, you must send your employees to training or yea they will behave as new.
    Or use Motherlode and just enjoy the game and not worry about stars and profits.

I must say to be fair its a lot of Creativity in Sims 4. I would say its very highly Creative.
    But you must have the game to know. So why Not give it a try.

Also compared to a teen pointing to a game for a parent to buy costing 59$ and 69$ Sims games are the best way to go. when do you get to buy something for 10$ and make your teen happy? it's unheard of, also the same for yourself.
    Its games that sell you money daily, in 50 dollars 75 dollars real money buys, you spend that fast on clothing and now you need another 50$ buy for more clothes, also sell you the songs for your parties or friends to hear. but we just get our music outfits free. also, its games and worlds that you pay rent like hundreds of dollars a month. We have free homes or motherlode and our gallery is free.So to me, the Sims games are the best way to go.

So not only is it highly Creative it's also fair pricing.
    This is not just my Opinion its the truth. <3
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited April 2018
    Um... it’s been a long time since I have played Sims 3, but I’m pretty sure Sims 3 has something called CASt (Create a Style), where we can change the texture of the house and objects and clothing....?

And it has a color wheel, too, for everything. So I don’t have to buy the recolors.

Oh, and Create a Pattern as well (in 2010?).

And Sims 3 also has build tools, too!

So Sims 3 does have plenty of ways to be creative in the technical sense. That’s a fact.

ETA:
    Found the CASt:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Create_a_Style

Create a Pattern: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Create_a_Pattern
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited April 2018
    But just because you think people should all agree on the outrage it is not right to tell them they didn't read the post or other wise they'd agree - when I have read every one of these posts and find the outrage totally overblown - never mind people adding in every thing else that makes them angered that have nothing to do with this rant at all.

I'm just saying the counterargument that is "Well, content/ideas were recycled from the past games to the newer sequel, so what's the big deal" is irrelevant/poor because it doesn't add really anything to the argument of the op's that is a completely different story. Caring over features from one game to another' is just completely different on many levels to Copying&Pasting objects, changing them slightly to look it's hard to deny "they are similar" , duplicating social animations and repasting one big feature in the SAME ENGINE". Why are you guys talking about seasoning, when I'm talking about vegetables? I mean....

I'm well aware that nobody is forcing company to give something to us for free. HOWEVER, I can judge what they could have deliver something for free and accept what could have something be paid, because learning from such mistakes helps them dig out of the blacklash pit.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2018
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    Stormsview wrote: »
    <3
    If we compare our Sims game to real life. In real life we have many different grills, all of Our Sims 4 grills look different and match different decor. The couches in Sims 4 do not look alike at all they match different decor and are inclusive of the pack they come with. That way the Sims 4 furniture can match different styles from all over the world. Also the same is true for our dining tables, dining chairs, and any other furniture in the Sims 4. Its all kinds of furniture just like when you shop real life.
    This is true for all sims games. There are lots of items and the items tend to match a packs theme. Here's the thing for me though, ts2 let you choose things like bed frames or the wood in seating separate from the blankets/upholstery, Ts3 had CaSt ts4 does neither of those tings.
    About recycling animations, Define Animation...animation
    a dynamic visual medium produced from static drawings, models, or objects posed in a series of incremental movements that are then rapidly sequenced to give the illusion of lifelike motion. the process of preparing such animation, as for films, cartoons, video games, etc.

So the reason for animation in the Sims games is to mimic real life. What if you as a person could not repeat any animations you did just the day before but must come up with new ones. so instead of you sleeping, you must find a new way to sleep. perhaps hanging upside down the next night since you are not allowed to repeat any animations.
    And what about the eating animation, should they change and now use their feet to eat or now add the food to their nose no. :#
    Remember this is a game of real life.
    When you go to a ball game do they always have the same type food stands, sure they do its life. Maybe a surprise to some but if you go to a different country they have couches, chairs, stoves and food stands that do not even come from other countries. Why because that's inclusive of humans and everyday living. Also, they use the same animations over and over as all humans do.
    I think simtrippy covered this above but what you are talking about here is not at all what is meant.
    Animation recycling is if playing with the ball pit looks the same as playing with building blocks which looks the same as playing in a bubble bath. These are different actions so it would be nice to see different animations. We don't need different actions for doing the same type of action like eating or sleeping.
    Remember in our older sims games if it was a crowded room you could not get through, but now we can squeeze through and go sit on the couch. That's part of our New animations.
    Not really. I remember two sims going through doors at the same time of using stairs at the same time would cause issues at times, but even by ts3 that was largely reduced. Never once did I have an issue with having sims navigate rooms once they were in them. Now to be fair that might just be build style that I use or that a crowded room for me has less sims in it. Also since you brought it up before irl when a room is crowded it is in fact quite difficult to squeeze through it and get in or out of it.

I will agree ts4 is much better by being faster, but the other games were still more than capable of functioning in a crowded room.
    Our toddlers in Sims 4 are so cute and with so many true to life hugs and animations it truly touches your heart.
    That is an opinion. I only mention it because of your ending statement.
    In Sims 4 we are not stuck to one pattern or one color or texture. example: I have a home in Sims 4 its full of furniture.
    We can click to build mode and without changing, let's start with the floor texture we can recycle through all different floor textures we may want to see on that floor from brick to carpet to grass. almost endless possibilities. as many textures we have, we can change without removing it. and also colors. We can click on the roof of the home and try all of the roof textures, without removing the roof that's there. Is that not the same, sure it is not. It's better.
    We can repeat this with our furniture trying out all the textures of that object. changing textures Sims 3 way and Sims medieval way is Old School. not a put down its part of our Sims games, just older.
    Everything you said about ts4 you can do in ts3 (I haven't tested building in ts2 in a while) Seriously everything you mentioned here is a feature in ts3 build mode except that ts3 had CaSt which meant you could have any texture you wanted in any color you wanted as well.
    What about our Sims in CAS we can change their skin tone, we can remove their lips and put on many many new lips, same as eyes if we do not like their eyes we can exchange them for new ones. we can change their jawbones, nose or chin, the shape of the face or just put on a totally different face or Sim. Can Sims 3 do that? NO way. it's older

Sims 4 Can use genetics to create the couples own child, and the choices are endless, Can Sims 3 Do that NO way.why older technology
    Sims 4 has endless clothing and textures that I am sure if we add them up have more possible looks and textures then in Sims 3. a much older game.
    All features of ts3. Also what ever color you choose for eyes hair or skin can be genetic and seen babies to elder. You can also change what occult state your sim is with out starting over in ts3.
    Sims 4 has many very Creative new add-ons in the game That is only exclusive to Sims 4.
    I'll help you by listing some
    cas
    ts4 push pull system is handy at times and they have more outfit sections which allows for more customization too.
    Build features,
    you can pick up rooms duplicate them and move them or a whole house around the lot as needed, curved decks are new, the ability to adjust each individual roof components pitch, color and position is new (and something I miss in 3). New decorative pieces like friezes
    You kind of used the wrong examples above if you wanted to point out how ts4 improved.
    Let's take a closer look, the Best Selling EP in Sims History. Cats & Dogs is Part of Sims 4 It's truly a 5 star EP.
    Opinion and not likely.
    ts3 has 7million copies ts2 6million ts4 has 5million. Going on potential customer base, unless people are buying C&D without the base game it isn't likely C&D is the highest selling ep in sims history. Probably ts4 history.
    Animations with the Pets are first for any Sims Game and the best I have seen in any online game. The movements and animations are true to real life. and so are the Graphics.
    Opinion, and I personally disagree with most of it.
    The Vet Career is so cute and complete. starting with the exam table. its so nice how it goes down to allow the Pet to walk on and lay down, treating the Pet like Royalty, after all its part of the family and loved. The animations are so cute sometimes the owners even are crying with worry over their Pet while watching the examination.
    Opinion.

All the Pets are true to real life and also they can make mix breeds. you can change everything about your pet even its nose, eyes or tail, could you do that in other Sims games? Nope. the older game lacks.
    They have so many different personalities and some are lazy some spoiled some Well just buy the Pack.
    You will fall in love with it.
    You can mix breeds in ts3, it isn't as obvious a feature or necessarily as convenient as ts4 but if you take two pets of different breeds and use the play with genetics option it actually mixes the breeds quite well imo. You can also change pets eyes and tails in ts3 (I forget about nose)
    More about Sims 4 Vet Career. Who expects to open a business and it's a successful business 5 STARS the first day.

Understand it's being truer to real life so you have to work at your business to make it a success. also, you must send your employees to training or yea they will behave as new.
    I belive the issue people are having is that even when top trained things are not working well, due to other issues that are interrupting the sims work.
    Or use Motherlode and just enjoy the game and not worry about stars and profits.

I must say to be fair its a lot of Creativity in Sims 4. I would say its very highly Creative.
    But you must have the game to know. So why Not give it a try.
    opinion
    Also compared to a teen pointing to a game for a parent to buy costing 59$ and 69$ Sims games are the best way to go. when do you get to buy something for 10$ and make your teen happy? it's unheard of, also the same for yourself.
    Its games that sell you money daily, in 50 dollars 75 dollars real money buys, you spend that fast on clothing and now you need another 50$ buy for more clothes, also sell you the songs for your parties or friends to hear. but we just get our music outfits free. also, its games and worlds that you pay rent like hundreds of dollars a month. We have free homes or motherlode and our gallery is free.So to me, the Sims games are the best way to go.
    The standard base game 40$ alone. Even if some teen then only wants 1 sp that is still a 50-53$ game. There are games out there that are 5-10 dollars or even free to play if one restrains themselves from using microtransations.
    Also remember that notorious sims 3 store? You know what 10$ in there could get you? About the same as an sp now depending on what and how one spent their sim points. ts3 base game is currently 20$ when it isn't on sale. I've seen sales where ts3 and all it's expansions are 80$ all together.
    So not only is it highly Creative it's also fair pricing.
    This is not just my Opinion its the truth. <3
    I disagree for the reasons above.

I agree and for me the reason Sims 4 is faster it does not have the features the others had and also the tech has advanced as well. Another thing I am not seeing with Sims 3, its forums and everything else are not archived yet as it was for Sims 1 and 2. I still can go to the store and buy stuff for Sims 3. It appears Sims 3 is still doing business other than having new packs made for them (How long Sims 3 remain out of archive heaven is questionable)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited April 2018
    Also, don't see how it was possible to not bring avoid the subject of FPS pack when that pack came before this thread was born and the recycled content is one the reasons why they despise that pack. I mean, geez FPS pack is one notable main examples of how content is recycled from one pack to another, but If that isn't enough or a good one I could keep on posting the examples of recycled content from other to other packs that doesn't touch FPS SP.

I really do recommend people to just do that right here. Post pictures of every bit that was recycled.

I'll start so I don't deprive the topic into off-topic and lead another topic to get closed:
    d2d23YV.jpg
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited April 2018
    Also, don't see how it was possible to not bring avoid the subject of FPS pack when that pack came before this thread was born and the recycled content is one the reasons why they despise that pack. I mean, geez FPS pack is one notable main examples of how content is recycled from one pack to another, but If that isn't enough or a good one I could keep on posting the examples of recycled content from other to other packs that doesn't touch FPS SP.

I really do recommend people to just do that right here. Post pictures of every bit that was recycled.

I'll start so I don't deprive the topic into off-topic and lead another topic to get closed:
    d2d23YV.jpg

This thread was made before MFP was announced
    The date in the announcement was March 6th
    This was created March 3rd. Not that it's wrong to point out the furniture or recycling in MFP, but this thread was made independent of the MFP outrage. :) Which has me wondering if OP has magical future seeing abilities :o:D
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2018
    At page 1 I said: “Can we please treat this hovering above the versions? Indeed, Sims 3 had the problem too. So, back to the problem.” I’d like to repeat that. The playing in the ball pit/bubble bath reminds me of a severe turn off in Sims 3, when I ordered my sim to write a cheat sheet. Next moment he started to do his homework. Well that’s what it looked like because not only was it the very same animation, even the cheat sheet looked like homework.

If someone can explain why that is an absolute necessity I’m willing to listen. But don’t ask of me to like it because I absolutely don’t.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »

d2d23YV.jpg

This thread was made before MFP was announced
    The date in the announcement was March 6th
    This was created March 3rd. Not that it's wrong to point out the furniture or recycling in MFP, but this thread was made independent of the MFP outrage. :) Which has me wondering if OP has magical future seeing abilities :o:D

May have :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Actually I am fine if they will recycle content from the other pack as long as its not the main focus of the pack. We already saw the hot tubs in past games being recycled with just new style, but like I said I am fine with it since there is many more things that I can look into those packs other than that. What I don't agree with is when a pack is full of recycled content and nothing is new. The biggest example is City Living. Now I will start by saying I like it.
    Based on the gameplay it offered it made me feel that my sim is actually living in a city. However the problem is its full of recycled content. No new gameplay mechanics. They didn't even bother doing a proper eating contest with Spice Festival. Romance Festivals would be awesome but there is no new things there other than rose petals and the random romance guru. There aren't even new social interactions,(well actually there are but they are just base game animations with new label).
    Apartments are nice but when the apartment itself are full of redesigned base game objects then it wasn't that great. It is the perfect pack to put space saving furniture and the only thing that we got was the space saving desk. Where is the other space saving furniture that fits the "Apartment theme" of the pack? Granted its not the focus of the pack but they should atleast prioritize gameplay over the looks. If they think that the pack is too big to begin with especially with their budget, then they should have first created easier and less complex expansion pack than this, so when they create this pack in the future they will have a greater budget, because lets face it, with the huge booming sales of Cats and Dogs, its obvious that EA will increase their pack budget. I remember Late Night was a huge money maker that EA didn't expect it to be, which is why when The Sims Studio ask for help for creating expansion packs they are given a second team.
  • Options

"Constructive Criticism helps, on the other hand."
    "Nothing Spoils Creativity more than Constant Criticism".
    by stormsview

Remember you are Criticizing humans such as yourself. While you may get a perfect game and fill a void in your life. But can you remove the depression you fill in theirs?

“It's easy to attack and destroy an act of creation. It's a lot more difficult to perform one.”
    by Chuck

I can not see anyone that Truly have Sims 4 and enough of the packs to enjoy it and have our wonderful Cats&Dogs EP could ever agree Sims 4 only.... (RECYCLING OLD CONTENT AND A LACK OF CREATIVITY IN DEVELOPMENT)
    Is this the Motherlode of Unfair Criticism?? Sure they have the right to, but is it fair.?
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I am sorry I think this last decision was made intentionally. I remember another game that got caught doing this exact thing. Tropico 5. You know I was blinded by the fact that I must find a way to love this game, that I did not notice the huge recycle thing in this game. It is not big it is huge. Not just the new pack (which is the worst yet). It is littering all the game.

The creativity died with this new series (exception is the toddlers and they were free). I feel cheated and insulted at the same time. I spent all this money (not really worth it, since there is way too much recycling things in game). And it is my fault for caving in and buying this stuff. I did not speak with my wallet. Then to smack me down further, a video showed me how easy it is to recolor and put images on Sims 4 things (change pictures, shirts, chairs, and etc).

When I look at the game, I do not see an actual Sims game, but a wannabe Sims game. If you take a hard look at all the things recycled in Sims 4 (And I mean from Sims 4 not the other versions) it is shocking. And they charge full price like items are new and have creativity.

It feels this why the color wheel was left out. Why a lot of things were left out, to piece meal it back to us. RIP creativity.
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited April 2018
    What creation what depression? It's not a statue in a public park it's a commercial product with a price attached, albeit one that's cost cutting at an extreme rate so they can profit more. If it WAS a statue they'd give us the feet and charge us extra for the rest - Give us an Arm & Hands EP and then later on bring out a Fingers SP
  • Options

The more you talk about something the more popular it becomes, the more people want to check it out, So, therefore, increasing sales.
    So even with negative talk, it will keep them on top.
    we all know how it worked for Rebecca Black - Friday
    119,394,282 views on Youtube she became a 14-year-old millionaire for a song everyone hated. This is just for one of her videos. this was just one of her videos. and songs. funny right.
    Then people started to copy her and change the lyrics of the songs to make it funnier.

You think they are not Creative in Sims 4?
    Have you ever looked at Sims on Youtube, People Love the Sims 4, and They love anything they do. they make movies, sims 4 walkthrough's Mod the sims reviews it's so much you would never get through them.
    And on this forum, you find people that get up every day just to talk about the Sims and what EA is doing now and what they will do next, they may think they don't like EA,
    Truth is they are their #1 Fans. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    And the more "negative" we talk about our concerns the more likely they might do something about it. You wouldn't have your precious "cute" hugging toddlers without the backlash they received for omitting them. PS - Rebecca Black soon after faded into obscurity (even though she is the perfect metaphor for Sims4)
  • Options
    edited April 2018

There it is right there. They like to give us what we want. correct?
    What do we talk about every day we want whats in Sims 3 lol, we beg and beg for recycling. We want seasons. we wanted laundry we want University we want, everything over again.
    We refuse to allow them to go on a new path.
    since their main gold is to please us they do so.
    Is it fair to Criticize them when they do as we ask?

So they are giving us what we want and doing it better with new Technology.
    Now I have noticed we are now wanting Sims 2 also put in Sims 4.

Now that's simply not fair, everyone knows that 2+ 3 = 5 We would have to wait for Sims 5 for all that :D
  • Options
    And had they simply given us toddlers tacked onto recycled adult animations, instead of new animations elusively for toddlers you would have been equally as happy having toddlers with recycled adult animations?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top