Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recycling old content and a lack of creativity in development

18910111214...Next

Comments

• Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited May 2018
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    "No sunburn
    No suntanning"

Where have you heard this?

You don't think that's something that would've made the cut to be in the trailer while they showed season specific event. Where will sims tan? The bg game worlds have no real beaches.

Yes it could still be there somewhere but right now I see no indication of such.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    Well since Grant said how much the team invested in Summer this time.. we've only seen seconds of summer gameplay in the trailer, doesn't mean suntanning won't be there.
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    Well since Grant said how much the team invested in Summer this time.. we've only seen seconds of summer gameplay in the trailer, doesn't mean suntanning won't be there.

Well to be honest "Summer" would be the easiest thing for them anyway since it has always been Summer in Sims 4, and the just need to do another version of "Backyard Stuff"
  • thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member

Well to be honest "Summer" would be the easiest thing for them anyway since it has always been Summer in Sims 4, and the just need to do another version of "Backyard Stuff"

LOL don't give them any ideas. That was the stuff pack that made me quit the game.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2018
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > Stormsview wrote: »
    >
    > The People are going crazy for the New Sims 4 Seasons EP. WOW
    >
    > Even the teens look younger. it has everything, even swings, kids decorating the Christmas trees, turning into a superhero lol.
    > That big holiday table. We have Ice Skating and rollerblade. It has everything. You have to just keep stopping the video to see everything.
    >
    > This is the best I have seen to date. The Team has Knock this one out of the Water in Creativetivity.
    >
    > Some comments from Real Simmers
    > SimLicy
    > SimLicy
    > 47 minutes ago
    > Yas!!!!! and just in time for my birthday!!!
    >
    > GamingMermaid
    > 48 minutes ago
    > YES FINALLY!!! I can't wait to get this! OMG did that guy use lightning as magic?? O_O I need this ASAP!!
    >
    > LGR
    > LGR
    > 48 minutes ago
    > Yeah man. This put a big ol' grin on my face, I can't help it.
    >
    > Sakura Blossom
    > 42 minutes ago (edited)
    > I'm not sure how many times I've watched this already.
    > Edit: This is my 12th-time help.
    >
    > Middleton Plays
    > 38 minutes ago
    > I haven't felt this excited since they announced Toddlers!
    >
    > XxCOOKEExxMONSTARxX
    > 49 minutes ago
    > NOW, THIS IS ONE I WOULD PREORDER ...............I am sure all of you agree its too much new in this Excellent EP to call it Recycled. Truth is Truth What do you all think of this One?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It absolutely looks stunning. But ice skating? Snow angels? Swings? Raking leaves? Splashing in puddles and playing with piles of leaves? Throwing water balloons and snow balls? Beekeeping? Influencing the weather with a machine? Getting struck by lightning? By no means do I want to bring down the upcoming pack, for Sims 4 fans it looks like an amazing addition. But where it comes to the subject of this topic, I actually see a lot of rebooted ideas.

I really don't know how are you going to make Seasons pack without ice skating, snow angels,raking leaves, splashing in puddles, getting struck by lightning and all the other things that are closely tied with weather.

I like how you mentioned that Seasons will be rehash of old stuff from previous games, but you didn't include whan is new.
    Botanic career seems something that we never had before. I'm sure it won't be an active career like GTW ones, but if it's at least like CL careers I'm going to enjoy it.
    There are holidays. I know we had them before, but (apparently) now there will be an option to create custom holidays and if it's anything similar to how clubs work from GT it will be amazing.
    Kiddie pools are new thing that we never had before and it will be usable by toddlers and adult sims.
    We had flower arrang before, but in the descripton of this EP they mention flower deliveries which seems pretty cool if it's a new service. I hope that we'll have a lot of flower arrangin vatiations. Like boquets, flowers in boxes, etc...
    The EP description also metniones that children can become scouts and earn badges for exploring outdoors and making homemade holiday crafts. This one is pretty cute and it looks like its not going to be rabbit hole, but we'll have to play new EP to find out.
    My post and the post I reacted to were purely based on the trailer, that was all information we had back then ;) I don’t agree a Seasons EP inevitably will have to contain ice skating, snow angels, raking leaves and splashing in puddles by the way. There are plenty of alternatives. But I don’t think that’s the subject here.

5JZ57S6.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2018
    To some extents I agree. To others I disagree.

After all, a food stall is a food stall and a t-shirt is a t-shirt. THey don't NEED to work any differently. The food stall just differs in the food it sells. Repurposing saves time and money. We do tend to jump up and down in puddles much the same way, repetitive as it seems.

On the other hand, if they're doing this repurposing to save time, then they really should be using the time and money saved in order to make NEW things.

Plus of course, don't forget EA and its tight budgets and unrealistic deadlines. If the team recycles content, it's not entirely from choice and I hate it when people call them lazy when it's EA being tight-fisted.

Also, Sunburn and suntan are two things that I think WILL show. But hey, my hopes have been dashed before.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    I'm bumping this thread back because I need to point out some atrocious object recycling that I don't see talked about. They took Christmas objects from the FREE holiday pack and recolored them. They're selling already made FREE content for money. That's absurd. They also recolored Spooky Stuff content as well and sold it in Seasons... I just want other people to talk about this because it's got to stop.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm bumping this thread back because I need to point out some atrocious object recycling that I don't see talked about. They took Christmas objects from the FREE holiday pack and recolored them. They're selling already made FREE content for money. That's absurd. They also recolored Spooky Stuff content as well and sold it in Seasons... I just want other people to talk about this because it's got to stop.

If this gets closed I hope you will make a post about this. I have seen a lot of stuff recycled (and I don't have many of the packs) and didn't even know this about Seasons and Spooky Stuff assets.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

In RoM? What object are you talking about? Cause honestly I don't see it?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Some things are recycled in the game and I do not mind it as how many items are chair and an chair is an chair However, please do not make it out that it is something new and never been done when it has. If enjoy Sims 4 what it offers enjoy it and if you do not enjoy Sims 4 what it does not offer then that is your choice. Sims 4 is not the best and it is not bad it is just average in series for me as it lacks in areas where it should excel. The artwork is great but sorry Charlie I am into gameplay and features. Artwork, Gameplay and especially robust features work good for me and Sims 4 does not have many robust features. All said this is my opinion when it comes to what I think is the best that is all me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Some things are recycled in the game and I do not mind it as how many items are chair and an chair is an chair However, please do not make it out that it is something new and never been done when it has. If enjoy Sims 4 what it offers enjoy it and if you do not enjoy Sims 4 what it does not offer then that is your choice. Sims 4 is not the best and it is not bad it is just average in series for me as it lacks in areas where it should excel. The artwork is great but sorry Charlie I am into gameplay and features. Artwork, Gameplay and especially robust features work good for me and Sims 4 does not have many robust features. All said this is my opinion when it comes to what I think is the best that is all me.

Is there a problem with pointing out this (see original post) has become the status quo for TS4? It is what this thread was originally about.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top