Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Wild With The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    Alphidius wrote: »
    > @brendhan21 said:
    > i wont lie but i cant say i am impressed with this pack even though i do think they put a lot of work into it. the problem is this feels out of place with the sims universe and i feel the same way with world adventures which quite frankly never really impressed me that much and i felt was the least interesting expansion pack.

Are you kidding me?
    World Adventures was one of the most interesting EP for Sims 3.
    The tomb exploration in Egypt itself is enough to make multiple trips back and with the missions, it's almost never enough of vacation days.

Jungle Adventure looks set to be the next World Adventures just that it seems smaller (in WA we had 3 countries of choice to visit).

as i said before it felt out place with what the rest of the game was. as a game on its own sure it could be interesting but even then it felt like a shallow version of other games that have done what world adventures did but better.(tomb raider for example) i mean the sims midevil tired to be something like that and that game was not very good. the sims is just not suited for gameplay like that is more of a freeroaming sandbox rather then what world advnetures and even jungle adventure might be. at least outdoor retreat felt like your sims were on vaction in these games it feel likes the sims decided to randomly become the next tomb raider or indiana jones.

I honestly don't think JA is trying to be Tomb Raider or that TR is trying to be WA lol. Maybe you don't enjoy this but many people liked both WA and will hopefully enjoy JA. Also, a lot of people enjoyed TS medieval. Just because you don't like something, that doesn't automatically mean it doesn't fit the format. It's perfectly possible to dislike things that do fit but just ain't your thing. No reason to always get so negative about everything xD

JA in my opinion looks a lot better and funner the WA did.
    I found WA size massive compared to JA and in some aspects I would expect JA to be better because it is newer but that sometimes do not work out being new sometimes do not equal better like in Sim City 2013 case. If looking at JA or even WA as an vacation spot, WA has an leg up being you are not confined to one area in the EP as you are in JA which I understand is an GP. The amount of fun to be found is up to the player and for me I pick WA and not saying JA is not fun for it is. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    It's showing as available in Origin for me, so I guess it's a half hour early! :)

Came out early for me too. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    > @brendhan21 said:
    > i wont lie but i cant say i am impressed with this pack even though i do think they put a lot of work into it. the problem is this feels out of place with the sims universe and i feel the same way with world adventures which quite frankly never really impressed me that much and i felt was the least interesting expansion pack.

Are you kidding me?
    The tomb exploration in Egypt itself is enough to make multiple trips back and with the missions, it's almost never enough of vacation days.

Jungle Adventure looks set to be the next World Adventures just that it seems smaller (in WA we had 3 countries of choice to visit).

as i said before it felt out place with what the rest of the game was. as a game on its own sure it could be interesting but even then it felt like a shallow version of other games that have done what world adventures did but better.(tomb raider for example) i mean the sims midevil tired to be something like that and that game was not very good. the sims is just not suited for gameplay like that is more of a freeroaming sandbox rather then what world advnetures and even jungle adventure might be. at least outdoor retreat felt like your sims were on vaction in these games it feel likes the sims decided to randomly become the next tomb raider or indiana jones.

I honestly don't think JA is trying to be Tomb Raider or that TR is trying to be WA lol. Maybe you don't enjoy this but many people liked both WA and will hopefully enjoy JA. Also, a lot of people enjoyed TS medieval. Just because you don't like something, that doesn't automatically mean it doesn't fit the format. It's perfectly possible to dislike things that do fit but just ain't your thing. No reason to always get so negative about everything xD

it is out of place. its like your sims like i said randomly out of the blue become a tomb raider or indiana jones if it were on its own maybe it would be good but then i am not sure since other games have done this before. stuff like this takes me out of the game. also from what i understand the sims mediveal was about as good as the sims 4 on release and i find it kind of interesting that many people seem to find sims 4 is somehow an imporvement over the sims 3(which i heard not many people enjoyed) like if you enjoy it fine but its still something that is out of place it does not really fit the sims. again if you really want to go that far why is there no star trek sims then where your sims can build space ships(it could be fun but it would again be out of place to what the sims is) and visit other planets( and yes i am aware of aliens from get to work but those are not the focus of the game anyways)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    There is nothing that would be out of place in the Sims being Sims can be what anyone want them to be. Sims can be in space if they wish and still be fun as long as it is done right. Sims can be a little part of everything just not one theme like being an jack of all trades and master of none.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited February 2018
    > @brendhan21 said:

Are you kidding me?

it is out of place. its like your sims like i said randomly out of the blue become a tomb raider or indiana jones if it were on its own maybe it would be good but then i am not sure since other games have done this before. stuff like this takes me out of the game. also from what i understand the sims mediveal was about as good as the sims 4 on release and i find it kind of interesting that many people seem to find sims 4 is somehow an imporvement over the sims 3(which i heard not many people enjoyed) like if you enjoy it fine but its still something that is out of place it does not really fit the sims. again if you really want to go that far why is there no star trek sims then where your sims can build space ships(it could be fun but it would again be out of place to what the sims is) and visit other planets( and yes i am aware of aliens from get to work but those are not the focus of the game anyways)

It's a vacation game pack. The sims travel to a jungle location and explore ancient tombs. Maybe the next vacation pack will be a space adventure. I'd love to be able to do something like this in real life.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    > @brendhan21 said:

Are you kidding me?

You don't quit do you?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2018
    > @brendhan21 said:

Are you kidding me?

Yes I get it, you don't think it fits, fine.

Paula here, on the other hand, is having a blast.
    BZpiCSg.png

• Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    There is nothing that would be out of place in the Sims being Sims can be what anyone want them to be. Sims can be in space if they wish and still be fun as long as it is done right. Sims can be a little part of everything just not one theme like being an jack of all trades and master of none.

yeah well like i said i dissagree because if i wanted to play some tomb raider type game i would play that :)
  • Options
    > @brendhan21 said:

Are you kidding me?

You don't quit do you?

no because i have been extremely confused as to why so many people seem to think this is the best sims game ever when 2 maybe even 3 pervious games have all been so much better by a long shot and this sims 4 feels like its just above being better then sim city and is on about the same level as the latest mass effect game(which is also not very good) this game is nothing but a big disapointment to me and again i can not understand how anyone else can not see it.
  • Options
    > @brendhan21 said:

Are you kidding me?

Yes I get it, you don't think it fits, fine.

Paula here, on the other hand, is having a blast.
    BZpiCSg.png

good for you my sims on the other hand well here is another issue i have with this pack they have no time to go lol.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    @brendhan21 I can see why you like the other sims games they were great. All the games in my opinion there is no better or best. I like different features from different games. Sims 4 isn't perfect but none of the sims games were perfect. Sims 3 you could not bring your pets on vacation but in the sims 3 you could buy vacation homes. Toddlers is 1million times better in the sims 4 but sims 3 had strollers. There's pros and cons no matter how you look at it. The only difference is sims 4 is not complete and according to the gurus there taking there time with the sims 4 development. People don't see it your way because the game is incomplete and because we've been told the development will be longer. I bought sims 4 when get to work came out and it was super empty but I knew what I got myself into and a lot of other people are just enjoying what they have added into the game.
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

yeah well like i said i dissagree because if i wanted to play some tomb raider type game i would play that :)

It is your choice if you disagree, I am not here to make you agree just to state my opinion.
  • Options
    > @brendhan21 said:

Are you kidding me?

You don't quit do you?

no because i have been extremely confused as to why so many people seem to think this is the best sims game ever when 2 maybe even 3 pervious games have all been so much better by a long shot and this sims 4 feels like its just above being better then sim city and is on about the same level as the latest mass effect game(which is also not very good) this game is nothing but a big disapointment to me and again i can not understand how anyone else can not see it.

No, I do not think Sims 4 is the best out of the series but most people have different tastes and ideas on what is great to them. Only you know what you like and dislike. As said I do not think Sims 4 is the best in series it is fun but it lacks certain features for me that could really bring out the best Imho.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    > @brendhan21 said:

Are you kidding me?

There are jungles in the real world.Ummmm - this is a life simulation - so how is something in the real world out of place in a game based loosely on life? Now I could see if your issue was Vamps or something of that nature you were complaining about. But as with anything and any pack you don't like - well just don't get it. Keep in mind the world is a big place and many things exist you would also probably see as out of place that other players - see every day where they live. There are simmers from all over this planet - so something out of place to you may very well be their back yard. To them a jungle is very normal. Keep that in mind.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

So... I really love the sounds they gave us in this pack. Jungle birds and that helicopter, ahh.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    The thing that annoyed me a bit is that the vampires can be attacked by plasma bats. Is it really possible to suck plasma from a vampire, it is not logical. Instead, vampires should turn into bats and attack humans just like the normal plasma bats in the pack.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    The thing that annoyed me a bit is that the vampires can be attacked by plasma bats. Is it really possible to suck plasma from a vampire, it is not logical. Instead, vampires should turn into bats and attack humans just like the normal plasma bats in the pack.

Well... maybe this is logical... They are actually plasma JUNGLE bats, and they seek darker things at times. :fearful:
  • Options
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    @brendhan21 I can see why you like the other sims games they were great. All the games in my opinion there is no better or best. I like different features from different games. Sims 4 isn't perfect but none of the sims games were perfect. Sims 3 you could not bring your pets on vacation but in the sims 3 you could buy vacation homes. Toddlers is 1million times better in the sims 4 but sims 3 had strollers. There's pros and cons no matter how you look at it. The only difference is sims 4 is not complete and according to the gurus there taking there time with the sims 4 development. People don't see it your way because the game is incomplete and because we've been told the development will be longer. I bought sims 4 when get to work came out and it was super empty but I knew what I got myself into and a lot of other people are just enjoying what they have added into the game.

even the sims 3 was incomplete it was still better though. and i do think the game can be saved but they really have to step up their game from this point forward because the only worthwhile expansion packs so far have honestly been get to work and maybe city living but even then there is still alot of work that is needed. and this game pack for example has me worried they wont be going in the direction that is needed and when cats and dogs came out even i was impressed at how lazy it felt(compared to other sims games) the pets feel like pets from the sims 1(dont get me wrong they are detailed but then become non functional and infact take up a sim slot which is something sims 2 and 3 manged to avoid)
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    > @brendhan21 said:

Are you kidding me?

There are jungles in the real world.Ummmm - this is a life simulation - so how is something in the real world out of place in a game based loosely on life? Now I could see if your issue was Vamps or something of that nature you were complaining about. But as with anything and any pack you don't like - well just don't get it. Keep in mind the world is a big place and many things exist you would also probably see as out of place that other players - see every day where they live. There are simmers from all over this planet - so something out of place to you may very well be their back yard. To them a jungle is very normal. Keep that in mind.

fun fact i did sort of complain about vampires and yes that is true there are jungles out there but how many of us actually go out and go on jungle adventures like that for a vacation.
  • Options
    *pushing that car all the way up the hill again...*
    *hufff, pufff*
    Hard work.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    > @brendhan21 said:

Are you kidding me?

fun fact i did sort of complain about vampires and yes that is true there are jungles out there but how many of us actually go out and go on jungle adventures like that for a vacation.

I would if I could, but since I can't, I go in games.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    This argument is going in circles.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    > @brendhan21 said:

Are you kidding me?

How many of us jump into spaceships on a regular basis? None of it really matters.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    > @brendhan21 said:

Are you kidding me?

In my circle - quite a few people I know do. In fact my son and his wife is going on a trip with another couple in April to do that very thing for two weeks - and then they also have a couple days stop- over in Tahiti before they go on to South America. Funny you should ask. My son and his wife will be visiting Sacsayhuamán Archaeological Park. in Cuzco, Peru.

I know - Tahiti is out of their way - but they already had plans/ reservations and tickets for Tahiti when the Peru trip came up. My son is a travel-a-holic and good friends with the other couple... so that's the way that goes.

But in my family and circle of friends travel is more the norm - especially ancient places.

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top