Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 6 year Estimated Total Cost

ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
I was bored, so I did this Excel and was curious if the Sims 4 did last until 2020, how much would it cost from initial release in 2014 to 2016. Anyways enjoy and figure it would help Simmers to know how much they have to save for if paying full retail prices for packs. Generally the pattern for pack releases have been 1 EP, 2 GPs, and 4 SPs per fiscal year but this fiscal year was the exception of 5 SPs, so graph reflects that variable.

Sims_4_6_year_estimate.jpg

Pretty cool visual I found on reddit, source: https://www.reddit.com/r/assholedesign/comments/8wwjmx/the_cost_of_the_sims_4_and_all_of_its_dlc/
djflsitehl811.jpg

It is missing Get Famous, so the most rounded estimate so far is $550.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
Post edited by Scobre on

Comments

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Good thing I only buy packs on sale, unless I’m feeling spontaneous.
  • Options
    UniteSimsUniteSims Posts: 142 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I was bored, so I did this Excel and was curious if the Sims 4 did last until 2020, how much would it cost from initial release in 2014 to 2016. Anyways enjoy and figure it would help Simmers to know how much they have to save for if paying full retail prices for packs. Generally the pattern for pack releases have been 1 EP, 2 GPs, and 4 SPs per fiscal year but this fiscal year was the exception of 5 SPs, so graph reflects that variable.

Sims_4_6_year_estimate.jpg

I've only spent around $220-$230 on my sims 4 game, I need to get shopping
    tell me how good it feels to be needed
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    What is the premium editon?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options

I've only spent around $220-$230 on my sims 4 game, I need to get shopping
    Don't worry there is still this year with a good bunch of packs coming out and it doesn't take into account when people buy packs on sale or enter giveaways.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    filipomel wrote: »
    Same. I'm sure I've spent quite a bit over the past sixteen years on Sims games.
  • Options
    It has gone up, but yeah this is it. It pretty much includes the Creator's Guide hardcover with it: https://www.amazon.com/Sims-4-Premium-pc/dp/B00EFRN2KY

https://venturebeat.com/2014/08/31/the-sims-4-limited-edition-vs-deluxe-edition-compared/
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited February 2018

It’s the digital deluxe version (on disc) bundled with a creators booklet. I own this version. The book was neat, but it’s mostly concept art and little bits of info about the base game.
    Post edited by drake_mccarty on
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

Me too. I only bought the ones I like on release. Although recently I do like the things they have to offer
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Flipping Henry!

They might have the 'Ultimate Version' up for free one day on Origin
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited February 2018
    This is the British Pound price but the Pound goes up and down a lot:

£573.52
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    This is the British Pound price but the Pound goes up and down a lot:

£573.52
    Cool I was wondering what the price would be in other countries. It is probably crazy high in places like Brazil.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    It will be even higher in Canada since the packs all increased in price by 30%. Very expensive! But I do tend to wait for sales now at least
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2018
    Well I’ll be.

I did a chart like this once and realized I was spending WAY too much money eating out. When you put it all down on paper and look at it, the numbers are always shocking no matter what you’re writing about.
  • Options
    ZenzikaZenzika Posts: 14 New Member
    I am so happy I only bought two stuff packs full priced and everything else at least 40% percent off. But just imagine how much you spend on this game and still the forums are full of complaints, what the game is lacking etc... and EA still makes so much money, while not giving us the same content there used to be!

I am okay with what I have for the price I paid, but I would probably not pay the full price ever! Do you think it is worth it?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Zenzika wrote: »
    I am so happy I only bought two stuff packs full priced and everything else at least 40% percent off. But just imagine how much you spend on this game and still the forums are full of complaints, what the game is lacking etc... and EA still makes so much money, while not giving us the same content there used to be!

I am okay with what I have for the price I paid, but I would probably not pay the full price ever! Do you think it is worth it?
    Please keep it on topic, talk about the game and not the people. Welcome to forums by the way too. This is just looking at the numbers as a speculation if it does last six years.

If you would like to provide feedback about forums I suggest visiting here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ideas-feedback
    If you need to learn the the forum rules visit here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922562/sims-forum-rules-and-guidelines
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts/

I am glad you are happy with the price you paid, but please be respectful towards others by not mocking them.

Generally SPs are not on sale and GPs are 25% off. I think lowest I've seen a SP go on sale was 20% off. EPs are generally 50% off. I think if anyone is to take advantage of the sales, now is a good time because the base game, bundles, EPs, and GPs are all on sale now. It is fun to compare how much we each spend to the full retail price, just to see how much was saved. Then again I love math so numbers in general interest me. I know something like this was done for the Sims 3 although numbers were not accurate for the Sims store estimate. So I figure this would be an easy way to see it for the Sims 4. I probably could have made it prettier, but oh well.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Good than I bought it in time
    For latam consider until Fitness Stuff pack
    USD 26.99 for EP
    USD 12.99 for GP
    USD 6.99 for SP
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

This is WAY cheaper than The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, lol.
  • Options
    ZenzikaZenzika Posts: 14 New Member
    > @Scobre said:
    > Zenzika wrote: »
    >
    > I am so happy I only bought two stuff packs full priced and everything else at least 40% percent off. But just imagine how much you spend on this game and still the forums are full of complaints, what the game is lacking etc... and EA still makes so much money, while not giving us the same content there used to be!
    >
    > I am okay with what I have for the price I paid, but I would probably not pay the full price ever! Do you think it is worth it?
    >
    >
    >
    > Please keep it on topic, talk about the game and not the people. Welcome to forums by the way too. This is just looking at the numbers as a speculation if it does last six years.
    >
    > If you would like to provide feedback about forums I suggest visiting here:
    > If you need to learn the the forum rules visit here:
    >
    > I am glad you are happy with the price you paid, but please be respectful towards others by not mocking them.
    >
    > Generally SPs are not on sale and GPs are 25% off. I think lowest I've seen a SP go on sale was 20% off. EPs are generally 50% off. I think if anyone is to take advantage of the sales, now is a good time because the base game, bundles, EPs, and GPs are all on sale now. It is fun to compare how much we each spend to the full retail price, just to see how much was saved. Then again I love math so numbers in general interest me. I know something like this was done for the Sims 3 although numbers were not accurate for the Sims store estimate. So I figure this would be an easy way to see it for the Sims 4. I probably could have made it prettier, but oh well.

Ah, you misunderstand me, I am really sorry, you felt offended.
    I mean, we cannot argue about how much money is being spent on this game. That's why I am happy, I got good deals on them. I am not mocking anyone, there is no reason to mock anyone. And I didn't mean to give feedback to the forum, but to the total price estimation, while EA is not giving the same amount of content there used to be, which is obvious, when reading through the forums.

I still think it is a crazy amount I have spent (on sale), also considering this is the fourth series, and many of us (including me) have spent a lot of money on the predecessors, which ,by the way, I have spent all full price on, because sales are not too common in the stores where I live.

If you have patience and keep your eyes open, you can in fact get the stuff packs 50% off. At the moment, it is the Romantic Garden Stuff Pack that is 4,99€ instead of 9,99€. Also buying the Bundles on sale gives you a pretty decent amount off. For example the City Living EP Bundle with Bowling Night SP and Dine Out GP ist usually 49,99 €, but if you buy it separately full price you pay roughly 70 €. Last month it was on sale for 29,99 €. What's that, like 57/58%? So you definitely cannot say "generally" for any price reduction.

Also I have been a member for a pretty long time (2012) ;) I just haven't posted a lot, especially since the US-Forum is not my home forum and most of the time I only read ;) Thank you though for pointing out these threads and for pointing out, that my post can be misunderstood. I apologise again.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    A Sims game is expensive?? Who knew?! :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Well I’ll be.

I did a chart like this once and realized I was spending WAY too much money eating out. When you put it all down on paper and look at it, the numbers are always shocking no matter what you’re writing about.
    Like buying a decent computer is quite an investment. Still that is a no go for many people. There’s nothing wrong with realizing how much one game costs you and wondering if it’s worth it. Even when it is (I know that situation), one could wonder if it’s still not overpriced in an insidious way. Yep, we’re used to it. Doesn’t make it not worth reflecting on though. Realizing it’s happening.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    This is WAY cheaper than The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, lol.
    Well Sims 3, with the store yeah I'll give you that, but as far as the game itself it may or may not cost a little less at $769.68 including the world packs.

Another interesting thread about the cost: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/744958/how-much-do-you-think-the-sims-entire-collection-is-worth

Given that information the exact totals are for the Sims 2 is $459.82 not counting the store. The Sims is $169.92.

So I guess if you want a grand total of the complete collection of the Sims franchise not counting the store with the totals in the chart it is going to be Base: $2,193.97; Deluxe: $2,188.98; Premium: $2,208.98.

@TheGoodOldGamer Exactly it isn't a cheap hobby.
  • Options
    Zenzika wrote: »

Ah, you misunderstand me, I am really sorry, you felt offended.
    I mean, we cannot argue about how much money is being spent on this game. That's why I am happy, I got good deals on them. I am not mocking anyone, there is no reason to mock anyone. And I didn't mean to give feedback to the forum, but to the total price estimation, while EA is not giving the same amount of content there used to be, which is obvious, when reading through the forums.

I still think it is a crazy amount I have spent (on sale), also considering this is the fourth series, and many of us (including me) have spent a lot of money on the predecessors, which ,by the way, I have spent all full price on, because sales are not too common in the stores where I live.

If you have patience and keep your eyes open, you can in fact get the stuff packs 50% off. At the moment, it is the Romantic Garden Stuff Pack that is 4,99€ instead of 9,99€. Also buying the Bundles on sale gives you a pretty decent amount off. For example the City Living EP Bundle with Bowling Night SP and Dine Out GP ist usually 49,99 €, but if you buy it separately full price you pay roughly 70 €. Last month it was on sale for 29,99 €. What's that, like 57/58%? So you definitely cannot say "generally" for any price reduction.

Also I have been a member for a pretty long time (2012) ;) I just haven't posted a lot, especially since the US-Forum is not my home forum and most of the time I only read ;) Thank you though for pointing out these threads and for pointing out, that my post can be misunderstood. I apologise again.
    No worries. Welcome here anyways. I didn't join forums until 2014 myself. Yeah sales in general are always nice and nice one is going on now for the Sims anniversary. :) It is crazy how much we spend over the years for a hobby we love but we wouldn't spend it if we didn't love it to some extent. Yeah I've spent a lot myself over the past 16 years. My first Sims game was the Sims Deluxe, so been into the franchise ever since even though I had played SimCity and SimTower prior to that.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    To be fair, the vast majority of the sales are made as each game/pack is released. So you really are only spending $60, $40, $20, or $10 at any given time. Or sometimes a combo price when you get a bundle of three or something, if you do that. Rarely does anyone wait until everything is out, and buy it all at once.

I bought all (most, anyway) of Sims 3 off Steam at once, but that was during a holiday sale, for $100. And that was quite a few years after it was done and gone.

I mean, sure, it's a lot when you total up the full prices of everything. Like I said before, Sims games are expensive. But if you total up all the cups of coffee you drink over the course of a year, or soda, or tea, or whatever, you'll see that adds up too. It's all relative. Not to mention that Sims 4 stuff goes on sale quite regularly (even now with the anniversary sale on Origin).
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    So about 11ish dollars a month if you buy it all at full price for entertainment. I'd say it's it's pretty cheap if you are enjoying yourself with it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Meh the way i see it im spending that much for something i get a continual enjoyment from. Some people spend more than that to go to the club every weekend and do things theyre going to forget by morning lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World