Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 6 year Estimated Total Cost

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited March 2018
    Update
    @Scobre wrote: »
    Generally the pattern for pack releases have been 1 EP, 2 GPs, and 4 SPs per fiscal year but this fiscal year was the exception of 5 SPs, so graph reflects that variable.

I disagree :

FY16 : 6 SP
    FY17 : 4 SP
    FY18 : 4 SP

Note: a fiscal year is from April 1st to March 31st.
    ---- | jan.  | feb.  | mar.  |     | apr.  | may   |  june   | july  | aug.  | sep.  | oct.  | nov.  | dec.  |
    2014 |       |       |       |FY15→|       |       |         |       |       |BG DDU | - - - | - - - | FP01  |
    2015 | GP01  | - - - | EP01  |FY16→| - - - | SP01  |  SP02   | GP02  | SP03  | SP04  | - - - | - - - | EP02  |
    2016 | SP05  | SP06  | - - - |FY17→| - - - | - - - |GP03 SP07| SP08  | - - - | - - - | - - - | EP03  | SP09  |
    2017 | GP04  | - - - | SP10  |FY18→| - - - | GP05  |  SP11   | - - - | SP12  | - - - | - - - | EP04  | - - - |
    2018 | SP13  | GP06  | SP14  |FY19→|

• JulieJLynnJulieJLynn Posts: 39 Member
    Thank you game sales! Still though, it does add up. Meh, I'd say it's mostly worth it. ;)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @EA_Mage @EA_Lanna @EA_Leeloo Please keep an eye on this thread for me so it stay on topic talking about the game rather than about people please. It is more of an estimated guide of the iteration if it were to go on six years so people can budget their future savings if they choose to. I don't want it to continue to go off-topic. With having an accounting background, numbers interests me and having people save their money when possible is always a nice thing to do for them.

For those interested in saving some money there is a sale on the Sims 4 right now:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/deals
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Will do @Scobre :wink:

I did have to pull a few comments from here, so if you post is missing I am at fault.

Please keep this on topic.

Thank you,
    -Mage
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    How can this game be considered cheap?

In my country a stuff pack is now 9.99, a game pack what 17.99 and an expansion 34.99

Now bearing in mind we have had thirteen stuff packs if you were brand new to the game you would spend 129.87 in stuff packs alone.

You would spend 89.95 on Game packs and 134.96 on expansions which is a total of 354.78 none of which includes the base game so your actual figure is 389.77

This is for a game that’s not completed!

For context I bought the sims 2 all EPs amd Stuff packs. Expansions were 19.99 and stuff packs were 9.99. (I checked my boxes) including the base game which I believe in my country retailed at 29.99 my total cost for the sims 2 was 319.80

So the sims 4 is more expensive and will continue to be. To say otherwise is completely wrong.

I could work it out with the sims 3 easily. For those that argue the store is expensive, it is but I have 7GB worth of store content I have for free via ad points and redeeming points I got through expansion registration.

The sims 4 could easily be over £500 at the end of its life.

A bit of an off topic tho, Do you had all of them? I never had so many store content, just some as I was already happy with the expansion, but is that the total gb for the whole store content? It seems big. How does the game runs with all packs and store content installed?

with all packs installed a good pc with lots of space
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    All that money I could of dropped into Aion or WoW... makes me cry I spent that much on Sims 4........I am going to show this to my husband and tell him each time pack comes out put that much into my Aion account...XD..
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    Good thing I only buy packs on sale, unless I’m feeling spontaneous.

Same!
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I dont care how much it costs to be honest. I dont play games because I want to save money.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I also buy all of the games, when they first come out never on sale :) I would only wait for a sale if our family couldnt afford for me to buy video games. But we can.So....
    edited May 2018
    gamekitten wrote: »
    All that money I could of dropped into Aion or WoW... makes me cry I spent that much on Sims 4........I am going to show this to my husband and tell him each time pack comes out put that much into my Aion account...XD..
    LOL well I'm glad this was a good resource for you to use then. I mean it is great when people have enough money to spend on games, but doesn't hurt to inform those that have tighter budgets to know how much to save for either with the many expenses on day to day living with adulthood. I remember when I started playing the Sims, all I could afford at the time was base game and 2-3 EPs per iteration with the Sims 1-3 with babysitting and allowances. Now that I'm an adult and done with all my schooling, I can afford games a bit more, but still nice to keep track of my expenses especially until I find work again and dealing with other expenses. All I know is that Steam sales can be very dangerous times for me now. :lol: There are so many cool indie games out there now and the Sims are just one of many games I've been interested in throughout the years.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I dread to think what I've spent! I own everything on pc and all the packs available on console plus ive gifted people packs too.
    edited May 2018
    Create Your Bundle is a new feature of Origin Store.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/build-a-bundle/sims4

1 EP + 1 GP + 1 SP = $50 instead of $70 , at least if you don't plan to purchase all the packs, you can reduce the price of your 3 favorite packs.
    And if your're enough patient, you could get an additional discount (maybe 20% or 40%).

Note: The best discounts make EP (50% off, $20) + GP (25% off, $15) + SP (no discount, $10) = $45
    Create Your Bundle is a new feature of Origin Store.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/build-a-bundle/sims4

1 EP + 1 GP + 1 SP = $50 instead of $70 , at least if you don't plan to purchase all the packs, you can reduce the price of your 3 favorite packs.
    And if your're enough patient, you could get an additional discount (maybe 20% or 40%).

Note: The best discounts make EP (50% off, $20) + GP (25% off, $15) + SP (no discount, $10) = $45
    Thank you for sharing that.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Lol I get ...
    Bundling not available.
    You're quite the collector! Because you own so much content for The Sims 4 already, we can't create a totally new bundle for you at this time. Please check out our individual packs to grab something new.
    egTcBMc.png
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Lol I get ...
    Bundling not available.
    You're quite the collector! Because you own so much content for The Sims 4 already, we can't create a totally new bundle for you at this time. Please check out our individual packs to grab something new.

Wait for EP05, GP07, SP15
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Also, for those than still can make bundles because still no have all packs, if well Maxis/EA no said it but Im sure than Expansion Packs will be no able at bundle creator during its pre-order time
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    edited May 2018
    I did this estimation about 4 years ago along the lines of.. Hm, this is Sims.. Sims = $$$$$.. But Sims also equals yeet fun
    {EA_Lanna: Edited to remove last sentence. it's a bit dark ^^:}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    edited June 2018
    Lol Build-A-Bundle is more expensive now $66 (5% off)

The current discounts (GP $15 and EP $20) are more interesting than this Origin feature.

The bundles are 20% off ($40)

My First Pet Stuff is 25% off ($7.50)
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • DestrxDestrx Posts: 49 Member
    ...I've never looked over my spending habits with such scrutiny.
    Darn you EA!
    Lol Build-A-Bundle is more expensive now $66 (5% off)

The current discounts (GP $15 and EP $20) are more interesting than this Origin feature.

The bundles are 20% off ($40)

My First Pet Stuff is 25% off ($7.50)
    That's interesting. Funny how it works out like that sometime. It was actually nice with the E3 sales going on with Sims packs, I was able to tell a friend about it who is thinking about streaming it.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I’d hate to know the lifetime cost of all my sims games from the original until now!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    up to now toddlers, kids and teens have had at least some packs

kids stuff
    backyard stuff
    toddler stuff
    parenting game pack
    not to mention other packs that have had stuff for them.

yet nothing for newborns and elders

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• aidansaysaidansays Posts: 49 Member
    I believe I've already spent over $400 on The Sims 4 and it's packs. That's kinda sad now that I think about it.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    For me, that would be around 771.64€ which would be around $899.9
    And that would be with just the regular base game... So overall, I'd pay over $100 more than people from the US :''D
    Though I do already own all the packs (excluding My First Pet stuff which I'll probably never buy)