Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 6 year Estimated Total Cost

Comments

• noritanorita Posts: 1 New Member
    In Canada, the price went up at least eleven dollars, plus tax even more! When I saw the price for In The City was $51.99, I was completely shocked! I'm really hoping the price goes back to the way it was soon. :(
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    So about 11ish dollars a month if you buy it all at full price for entertainment. I'd say it's it's pretty cheap if you are enjoying yourself with it.
    EA loves you.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I bought them (plus book) at at premium prices alas. You have to pay a lot for your pleasures when you have an addiction. I haven't really noticed the cost as it has been a long running drip, drip, drip extortion of money from me!
  • SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    lol. No regrets here.

It's nice to know overall how much has been spent over time.
    and I'm one of those simmers, that mostly buy everything as soon as it hits orgin. LOL

The only one I didn't do that with I think was spooky stuff, which I bought on sale.

Worth it. lol. We all spend our money on something. ;) Thanks for this!
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    How can this game be considered cheap?

In my country a stuff pack is now 9.99, a game pack what 17.99 and an expansion 34.99

Now bearing in mind we have had thirteen stuff packs if you were brand new to the game you would spend 129.87 in stuff packs alone.

You would spend 89.95 on Game packs and 134.96 on expansions which is a total of 354.78 none of which includes the base game so your actual figure is 389.77

This is for a game that’s not completed!

For context I bought the sims 2 all EPs amd Stuff packs. Expansions were 19.99 and stuff packs were 9.99. (I checked my boxes) including the base game which I believe in my country retailed at 29.99 my total cost for the sims 2 was 319.80

So the sims 4 is more expensive and will continue to be. To say otherwise is completely wrong.

I could work it out with the sims 3 easily. For those that argue the store is expensive, it is but I have 7GB worth of store content I have for free via ad points and redeeming points I got through expansion registration.

The sims 4 could easily be over £500 at the end of its life.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

In my country a stuff pack is now 9.99, a game pack what 17.99 and an expansion 34.99

Now bearing in mind we have had thirteen stuff packs if you were brand new to the game you would spend 129.87 in stuff packs alone.

You would spend 89.95 on Game packs and 134.96 on expansions which is a total of 354.78 none of which includes the base game so your actual figure is 389.77

For context I bought the sims 2 all EPs amd Stuff packs. Expansions were 19.99 and stuff packs were 9.99. (I checked my boxes) including the base game which I believe in my country retailed at 29.99 my total cost for the sims 2 was 319.80

So the sims 4 is more expensive and will continue to be. To say otherwise is completely wrong.

I could work it out with the sims 3 easily. For those that argue the store is expensive, it is but I have 7GB worth of store content I have for free via ad points and redeeming points I got through expansion registration.

A bit of an off topic tho, Do you had all of them? I never had so many store content, just some as I was already happy with the expansion, but is that the total gb for the whole store content? It seems big. How does the game runs with all packs and store content installed?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

A bit of an off topic tho, Do you had all of them? I never had so many store content, just some as I was already happy with the expansion, but is that the total gb for the whole store content? It seems big. How does the game runs with all packs and store content installed?

Have all the what? Eps and SPs? I do. My store content also includes all the worlds available for the sims 3 included within that. That's not all the store content. Its a fair bit of it but not it all. My game runs fine on both my gaming rig and my Husband's rig. I have no problems with lag, my game is smooth as butter. :)
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    wait... 12 GP
    consider than the 2 EP than left will no include supernaturals, but also GP themes will be more than just Supernaturals, we cant have all SN than TS3

In fact I guess of the next 6 GP, only 3 will be supernatural

As still will be a 3rd vacation place (to be at par with Bon Voyage and World Adventures)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited February 2018
    Then $400 if you purchase all packs during the sales 50% Off :p

I'm waiting for The Sims 5, I will get all TS4 packs at a lower price thanks to the collection/bundle with 50% off.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

I'm waiting for The Sims 5, I will get all TS4 packs at a lower price thanks to the collection/bundle with 50% off.

EA has sales about twice a year.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

LOL if only it worked that way. SPs and GPs aren't 50% off usually.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    leo3487 wrote: »
    wait... 12 GP
    consider than the 2 EP than left will no include supernaturals, but also GP themes will be more than just Supernaturals, we cant have all SN than TS3

As still will be a 3rd vacation place (to be at par with Bon Voyage and World Adventures)
    Maybe, I hope we get some more supernaturals this iteration too. Doesn't seem like EPs include supernaturals anymore besides the first EP. :( So I hope some of the GPs include them. I have a feeling the next GP won't sadly.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

Have all the what? Eps and SPs? I do. My store content also includes all the worlds available for the sims 3 included within that. That's not all the store content. Its a fair bit of it but not it all. My game runs fine on both my gaming rig and my Husband's rig. I have no problems with lag, my game is smooth as butter. :)

Store Content :) But then yeah. I can also run the game with all EP and SP(well except the katty Perry one, didn't have that lol), but haven't bought anything from the store as Idk if my loptop can handle it. Its a laptop from 2007 but I was shocked to see the game run at this pc without problems. Just don't know about the store content.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    wait... 12 GP

Too early to say that there won't be supernaturals in future packs, or that there are only two EPs left. We could get witches in a GP like we did vampires, or maybe we'll get a general magic pack (in last Friday's Sims 1 livestream some viewers were interested in a remake of Makin' Magic) where all Sims can learn magic and maybe they could add in a way for Sims to create their own supernatural characters. Or maybe some sort of nature spirit with Seasons. I think that Sims 4 will go longer than previous Sims series so we could have 3 or 4 EPs remaining.

I feel like TS3 gave us supernatural overkill; I never really felt like I could get into all the supernaturals because there was just too much. I played mostly witches because of issues with other supernaturals; graphical issues with the fairy wings (along with them pushing through clothing and chairs) and the fact that so much of the "fairy" life took place in miniature mode, and werewolves were basically comic relief along with them leaving work during middle of the work shift if they worked at night (like my athletic Werewolves. TS4 is the first game where I've actually played vampires extensively because they did just a great job with the skills/powers tree.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited March 2018
    @Scobre wrote: »
    Generally the pattern for pack releases have been 1 EP, 2 GPs, and 4 SPs per fiscal year but this fiscal year was the exception of 5 SPs, so graph reflects that variable.

I disagree :

FY16 : 6 SP
    FY17 : 4 SP
    FY18 : 3 SP

Note: a fiscal year is from April 1st to March 31st.
    ---- | jan.  | feb.  | mar.  |     | apr.  | may   |  june   | july  | aug.  | sep.  | oct.  | nov.  | dec.  |
    2014 |       |       |       |FY15→|       |       |         |       |       |BG DDU | - - - | - - - | FP01  |
    2015 | GP01  | - - - | EP01  |FY16→| - - - | SP01  |  SP02   | GP02  | SP03  | SP04  | - - - | - - - | EP02  |
    2016 | SP05  | SP06  | - - - |FY17→| - - - | - - - |GP03 SP07| SP08  | - - - | - - - | - - - | EP03  | SP09  |
    2017 | GP04  | - - - | SP10  |FY18→| - - - | GP05  |  SP11   | - - - | SP12  | - - - | - - - | EP04  | - - - |
    2018 | SP13  | GP06  | - - - |FY19→|

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    edited February 2018
    I disagree :

FY16 : 6 SP
    FY17 : 4 SP
    FY18 : 3 SP

Note: a fiscal year is from April 1st to March 31st.
    ---- | jan.  | feb.  | mar.  |     | apr.  | may   |  june   | july  | aug.  | sep.  | oct.  | nov.  | dec.  |
    2014 |       |       |       |FY15→|       |       |         |       |       |BG DDU | - - - | - - - | FP01  |
    2015 | GP01  | - - - | EP01  |FY16→| - - - | SP01  |  SP02   | GP02  | SP03  | SP04  | - - - | - - - | EP02  |
    2016 | SP05  | SP06  | - - - |FY17→| - - - | - - - |GP03 SP07| SP08  | - - - | - - - | - - - | EP03  | SP09  |
    2017 | GP04  | - - - | SP10  |FY18→| - - - | GP05  |  SP11   | - - - | SP12  | - - - | - - - | EP04  | - - - |
    2018 | SP13  | GP06  | - - - |FY19→|

Good eye. :) I guess FY16 just felt like a lot of SPs that year. Kind of nice getting the two GPs within a FY for FY17 and FY18.
    edited February 2018
    @Scobre wrote: »

LOL if only it worked that way. SPs and GPs aren't 50% off usually.

There is a rare Origin promo code which apply 50% off to any game.

In September 2016, I purchased Kids Room Stuff and Backyard Stuff with this code.
    https://simsvip.com/2016/09/14/origin-sale-save-50-sims-promo-code-origin50/
    edited February 2018
    There are also the promo codes applied to bundles

1 EP + 1 GP + 1 SP (value: $70) = Bundle @ $50

If you get a 30% off promo code, you'll pay $35, the half of its value.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    wait... 12 GP

Maybe, I hope we get some more supernaturals this iteration too. Doesn't seem like EPs include supernaturals anymore besides the first EP. :( So I hope some of the GPs include them. I have a feeling the next GP won't sadly.

Jungle Adventure no
    But I hope than GP07 be Werewolves

Jungle Adventure no
    Yeah werewolves and witches I'm hoping at least the Sims 4 to get at the very minimum. I did ask about that and I guess skeletons will be a temp state like how plant Sims are. But yeah even with the 6 year estimate there really isn't that much time left for supernaturals which makes me sad.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Jungle Adventure no
    Yeah werewolves and witches I'm hoping at least the Sims 4 to get at the very minimum. I did ask about that and I guess skeletons will be a temp state like how plant Sims are. But yeah even with the 6 year estimate there really isn't that much time left for supernaturals which makes me sad.

It makes me sad too. Supernaturals are the bread and butter of my playstyle.
    edited February 2018
    6 years estimation :

1 Basegame Deluxe Edition x $24.99 (50% off)
    6 bundles (1 EP, 1GP, 1 SP) x $29.99 (40% off)
    6 GP x $14.99 (25% off)
    19 SP x $4.99 (a lucky day with this very rare promo code 50% off)

= $389.68

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    6 years estimation :

1 Basegame Deluxe Edition x $24.99 (50% off)
    6 bundles (1 EP, 1GP, 1 SP) x $29.99 (40% off)
    6 GP x $14.99 (25% off)
    19 SP x $4.99 (a lucky day with this very rare promo code 50% off)

= $389.68
    You forgot the packs you got for your birthday and didn’t have to pay at all. They were for free! (or will be)
    5JZ57S6.png